The Reality Vortex: Red Reputations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Xy'pher Panich stepped through the portal, glaring at Spina as he wiped his face clean of the blood she caused him to shed. She was surprised the Breaker was still awake after the punch she delivered. She floated closer to him, barely listening to the nonsense he was babbling on about.

The elite narrowed her eyes and watched as Spina's energy blew a gust of wind all around, causing her hair to blow back slightly.

As the older Saiyan charged her, she jerked forward and her body hunched over from the punch. As the kick swing around however, it would crash against her hand and her crystalized claws sinking into his leg.

"You dare to try and lay your hands on my King and now you demand a battle with me?" Panich smirked, "You seem to forget that this is your execution!"

She reeled her fist back and unleashed a barrage of punches on Spina's body and face as she held his calve. Once finished the Xy'pher elite took a hold of his leg with her other hand and began swinging the saiyan at a break neck pace, causing a small tornado to form around them.

"But I'll grant you this last wish before you die, so make it worth my while!" As she released his leg, sending the leader of the Breakers flying through the air before chasing after while shooting ki blasts at him.

"So that's what all that racket was in here... well, I suppose in their case it was either bad luck or incompetence. For me this is a gamble I have to make regardless of the outcome. Now then," Bernkastel pulled away from Guardian for distance, making a stance to center herself. Gathering her energy from within, the witch began to focus on amplifying her soul's presence into surfacing.

Her body began to emit a faint light as she outstretched her arms into the darkness. Bern's hands lit up with the monochrome energy she'd used on Spina. "I'll pay with ashes; burn the emotions clouding my mind right off my soul!" The energy took shape of fire, spreading out across her body until Guardian only saw it as a faint outline consumed by a gray-white flame. It doused Bernkastel's senses in the dull pain that only numbness could bring. As the flames died out, Bern looked unharmed aside from the pile of glowing white ashes at her feet and the wafting cinders of residual smoke. "It's done... Ready when you are," she plainly stated, awaiting Guardian's next order.

=====
No response came from Bernkastel even as Zenta begged her; she just lay in his arms staring into space without focusing on anything. The only movement coming from her was a slight squinting, mouth pressed in a thin line. This was the longest she had taken yet using Clear Mind.

Berserk slowly scraped herself off the torn-up ground, spitting out a stream of blood. "What's taking so long? We can't get the upper hand with that Walter guy using his portals! Aagh!" Switching the sword into melee mode, Berserk swung it two-handed against a row of Xy'phers crowding around them. The broken exposed wire at the end sparked wildly with her electricity. "Damn it, there's just too many of these things! How are we supposed to get around all this?!"

Majin Bara then suddenly raised a hand in the air and started firing numerous blasts upward to the ceiling, which didn't hit the ceiling itself however, instead, they moved off in various directions and started to rain down on all the Xy'phers from above, like an assault rain to relieve some pressure off of Berserk and Zenta, with some of the blasts also moving to intercept attacks aimed towards herself at that.

"Remember, Bara," the Majin heard Brachi's voice speaking to her mentally, as if she momentarily fell into a past memory, "there is ALWAYS a path to victory. With your unique body structure, you should be able to improvise on the fly, and set an example for your fellow kin to help in protecting the ones most dear to you. Remember not to lose yourself in the process, not even in the most dire situations, even if you must do whatever is necessary to win."

“No.”

====

After getting brutally pummeled rapidly and sent flying by Xy’pher Panich, Spina hurled across the air.

“Dark Energy is growing steadily in her. Heh, consider this as training—”

“Shut up.” Spina’s eyes widened as a thick stream of aura twirls around him briefly. He took a deep breath until his cheeks were full and his chest fully expanded. Mere seconds before Panich’s ki blasts reached their target, Spina exhaled.

Spina let out a devastating, thunderous roar. Like a raging hurricane, massive shockwaves rippling out in front of him to blow away the incoming energy attacks until they vanished into nothing. The old Saiyan moved brilliantly, motioning his arms with such fluidity.

“Flowing Strike: Instant Slayer.” Spina dashed forward, dealing rapid-fire strikes against the Xy’pher Saiyan. Quickly, Spina shoulder bashed Panich, but not enough to put distance between them. Rather, Spina used this as an explicit opening: by grabbing her left, crystal ear, the old Saiyan spun her around, then kick her towards the ground below.

Tensing his muscles, Spina flew right after her. He started to spin around forward so fast that it from a distance, it looked like a ball of fire falling from the sky. Once close enough, Spina extended his body, launching an destructive kick towards Panich.

=====

Below the ground, there was a hint of hellish's energy forming below.

Last edited:
The curt and blunt denial ended the negotiation as quickly as it started, in a roaring fashion that should have ignited the Potara fusion's rage. Once again, Vegetto had been denied his will and goals in such a complete rebuttal. Yet instead of the typical rage and unyielding hatred being unleashed without restraint, Vegetto slowly lifted his chin. The confident smirk etched onto his face, his eyes still narrowed but widening slightly.

"Fine...then it all ends here."

In an abrupt flash of golden light, Vegetto's right arm instantly cocked back; his arm muscles bulging. The veins along his arms throbbed and trembled nearly as violently as the ones that quickly overtook the whites of his eyes. The intense seething hatred rapidly boiled over in his face now that the walls were torn down, the unhinged madness rising to heights unseen before in the man. Yet the energy that rose behind his fist and swelled within did not wildly explode outward or tear into the landscape itself like usual tantrums from Vegetto. The golden aura swirled violently as electricity crackled around the Potara fusion, but the ominous and foreboding pressure that truly radiated from the man came from the raised fist.

The powerful sensation that swirled around Vegetto's fist grew not just in a semblance of strength, but one of intense corruption. A sickening pull could be felt from the beings within its proximity; the emotional turmoil of an immense ego so perfectly scorned into pure hatred seemingly infecting whoever was simply close by. Hurling the fist forward, Vegetto roared in a violent yell, the immense strength of will sending his fist flying forward in a bid to fulfill Lucifer's promise of total destruction.

As the fist flew closer, the intoxicating pull grew even stronger. Vegetto's toxic hatred and rage seemed to bleed into Lucifer much like the empathic pull when the fusion invaded the angel's mind; the corruption moving past Lucifer's physical body and deeper into his very soul. If the punch landed, the blow itself would strike not just on the physical angel's body, but at the very energy that powers the angel himself.

The fist shot forward at blinding speeds, milliseconds away from striking Lucifer. Potentially ending the story of the Breakers and the Red King against everyone's will.

Vegetto’s fist caved into Lucifer’s face. His head whipped back, blood rushing out from his nose and mouth. In less than a second after the punch—a deathly chill rushes the area around them.

Spina narrowed his eyes before he could land his attack, feeling that his heart had came to a halt. Moments before the old Saiyan reached Panich, he’d exploded. Immediate after his death, came for the others. One by one in rapid succession, each member of the Breakers dies. Even Detective Bage drop dead, and seemingly exploded afterwards. Cayde’s head flew off upwards the air and landed right next to Vegetto’s feet. In the distance, Superman’s cape is seen floating in the air—meaning that Superman got caught up in that death sentence as well.

After a minute passed, only the Red King, his Xy’phers army, Cuki, Detective Spawn, May and Nia were left unscathed. Bewildered and distraught, the Red King has no one to stand his way in his conquest and his battle against the monster that lurks in the dark above. With the coins widely available to him now, it was easy pickings to turn them into the Xy’phers without worry.

“Ah, that’s just how the story ends. A little predictable, but it happens. I can always seek a better one.” Lucifer waved at the Saiyan standing in the pool of the fallen Breakers. “Farewell.” His wings spread out and flew away from the abrupt battle.

THE END

=======

=====

====

===

[REALITY]

“You’d think he’d flipped out after you said no to him. But he’s standing there.” She paused. “For nearly 30 minutes now.”

“He’ll figure it out. Eventually.” Lucifer lifted the Potara, tossing him to the sea of Xy’phers down the hill. “His mind is simple, embarrassingly so. It’ll take him a while.” His ears perked when the Red King stated that the monster that lurks in the dark and Spina’s energy was similar in the sense. “Hm…”

Lilith nodded once, coming to understanding Lucifer’s statement. The moment Vegetto appeared in front of the him, before he could even uttered a single word in against the angel, he was already put in illusion. While it was real to Vegetto, to everyone else, Vegetto was nearly standing there with a blank face. Lilith shuddered a bit after thinking how quickly Lucifer was able to pull it off without making a single gesture. He has absolutely no interest in entertaining Vegetto—his mind was focus on the Breakers and the downfall of the King.

“Now, young lady.” Lucifer smiles at Cuki. “What are your stakes in this? I hope you aren’t going to sabotage the Breakers because you are still angry. Although, that would be hilarious.”

Last edited:
“Shut your mouth, Lucifer.” Cuki dusted the dirt off her shoulders. “I’m fighting for...” She paused when the angel questioned her motives, refusing to answer any further. “Hmph! What are you doing to help us anyway?” Cuki’s tone was cold and harsh, at least in comparison to her sincerity when speaking to Xy’pher Panich. “Scared to get your hands dirty?”

“He seems to be an observant type. Typical... A snake that exploits one’s vulnerability.” As a white mist began to surround the trio, emerging from it was a figure that rested his chin on Cuki’s head. “A mark of one’s cowardice and lack of strength, fufufu.”

Cuki swatted at his misty apparition. “Hush, Byakko. Focus.”

“Oh phooey! Can I not joke?”

Lucifer’s comments struck a nerve in her, but she quickly shook it off. She turned her attention to Vegetto. Since his exit long ago, this is the first time they saw each other again, so Cuki was scrambling for the words to say, but couldn’t anything meaningful. She was a little concerned that Vegetto approached Lucifer with such seething rage. She barely knew Lucifer compared to the Breakers, and while they were unpleasant experiences, she could not understand the Fusion’s rage. She raised a brow when Vegetto spoke of a new deal, not aware of the context behind the proposal. Regardless of whether Cuki wanted to say anything to the Potara fusion, Vegetto stood there like a statue with a blank expression. Seconds later, Lucifer easily tossed him away like a statue.

“Wh-what did you do?” Cuki asked with worry.

Byakko narrowed his eyes. “Mm.”

“What did he do, Byakko?”

“An illusion. Nothing special.” Byakko’s eyes locked onto Lucifer. “Muscle-Head didn’t realize he got caught in an illusion the moment he approached Lucifer. Pfft!”

Cuki frowned and ran to the edge of the hill to see Vegetto falling into the sea of Xy’phers below. She turned to Lucifer, seeing his devilish smirk that he always held. Something about that smirk sent a shiver down her spine, as if something ominous was awaiting her. At the same time, it awoke a latent anger in her small body, one she was unaware she harbored towards the fallen angel.

“I liked him better when he was a baby,” Byakko snickered. “It suits that childish personality more.”

“Byakko.” Cuki turned her back to the angel. “Let’s go.” Without hesitation, she jumped down to chase after Vegetto.

“You’re no fun.” Byakko sighed. He turned to Lucifer one more time. His eyes filled with judgment, then revolt in contrast to the prideful angel before following quickly behind Cuki.

Falling from the sky, Cuki noticed a swarm of Xy’phers climbing on top of each other to attack Vegetto. She needed to get there as quick as possible, since the Potara’s guard was completely wide open.

No...! I’m not going to lose you again!

Tensing her muscles, Cuki let out a powerful roar that sounds like a ferocious tiger. By forwarding her arms, large metallic spikes burst out of the ground rapidly and pierced through the vital points of many Xy’phers. Some managed to dodge the deadly attack, climbing onto the spikes to positioned themselves.

Xy’phers opened their mouths and gathered intense energy. Cuki narrowed her eyes, seeing their intention. She pushed herself, falling faster to Vegetto; she’d bear hugged him and spun forward so she can properly land on her feet. Upon landing, huge amounts of smoke kicked up due to impact, flooding the area to blind the Xy’phers from seeing her. There were a few seconds of silence afterward until a rainbow burst of energy appeared around her and fire.

“Crap!” Cuki crouched down, now carrying Vegetto on her back. Moments before the energy attacks collided against her and Vegetto, she dashes forward in breakneck speeds. Like a bullet, she tore and shattered through every Xy’pher that got in her way easily, but some were still barely alive to feel the devastating aftershock of pain.

“Curious, hmm?” Byakko turned to the trail of broken Xy’phers behind. “Even blinded, they’ll still attack. It’s as if they had extra eyes in the battle.” He paused, without even looking forward. “There’s a big one coming, by the way.”

“I’m aware.” Cuki deadpanned.

A giant Xy’pher appeared before them, cocking its punch and launching forward. “Get out of my sight, scum.” Her tone grew grim as she effortlessly held out her hand to stop the punch. The youngster slowly lifted her face to glare at the Xy’pher before her fingers dug into the fist of the giant Xy’pher. Cuki took a deep breath as she blocked out the surrounding noise, all while gracefully releasing the Xy’pher’s fist. Without warning, thousands of metallic spikes erupted from the Xy’pher, causing it to fall on its side. As it fell, Cuki was able to see Zenta holding onto Bernkastel.

“I see Master and the others.” Cuki said as she stepped over the twitching Xy’pher. “Is Bernkastel still stuck in that trance for that spell?”

“Seems like it!” Byakko chuckled. “If you don’t hurry, she’ll get herself and that disgusting mutt killed.”

Numerous Xy’phers were riddled with bullets thanks to Cayde and his clone army. Tons and tons of shattered crystals flung up that nearly covered the red sky with a rainbow tint for a few moments.

“Simply… amazing.” Nia was impressed by Avalon’s quick thinking and Cayde’s adaptability to understand the situation. A deadly combination between the two if used correctly. “I’ll do my part as well!” She said out loud when it's not really needed.

A crystal projectile pierced through Nia’s shoulder, causing her to drop Cayde and his army towards the ground, the Xy’pher falling right after. She slammed against the ground, and instinctively reached for her shoulder to feel the dagger-like crystal. “W-what?!”

A portal appeared in front of Nia, from it emerged Xy’pher Walter. “The Red King specifically ordered for your head to be served to him on a platter. Don’t resist anymore.”

Nia swung her arm, using psychic powers to lift the debris of fallen Xy’phers at him. Walter let himself fall to easily disappear into a portal. “Damnit—ahh!!” Another crystal blade embedded behind her back. She turned, only to see that Walter already left, then proceed to get stabbed through her torso. Walter did this repeatedly until finally, he appeared in front of her and kicked her through one of the portals.

Soon after, a portal appeared in front of Cayde. Nia shot out and crashed onto the android, Walter quickly emerged from the same portal and looked above. Suddenly, Atomic Flare landed not far from where he stood. Seeing Spina hurling down with an attack, his eyes returned to Atomic Flare, confused at the strange expression on her face. Excitement. Excitement that was strikingly like what Gravita and Eleki held.

“Atomic Flare. Stop messing around and kill him. Our king demands it.” Walter clapped his hands together and placed them through the two portals that formed in front of him. “Please die.” Hundreds of tiny portals appeared around them, firing off hundreds of crystal daggers at rapid speeds.

Nia forwards her arms, forming a barrier between Cayde, a dozen of clones, and herself. “Multi-Barrier!” She shouted. It was a stronger barrier compared to the previously one, but it takes tons of concentration and power to keep it up. And the amount of impact behind each crystal projectiles, she wasn’t sure she can keep it steady. “Cayde, I can’t hold the barrier for long!”

“Damn that portal guy…” Avalon pondered on what to do next. He wanted to jump in, but that would only put them and himself in harm’s way. “How to counter something that can portal anywhere?”

Suddenly, he had an idea after seeing Nia getting toss into the portal. “Why not use his own portals against him…? Wouldn’t they all go back to him? It’s worth a shot, but I need someone to help with me…” He looks around, looking for anyone. Berserk was near Zenta and Bernkastel and didn’t want to risk getting caught by the Red King’s psychic power. “I need someone—”

Avalon’s eyes narrowed, sensing something below Walter, Cayde and Nia. “Spawn…? Ah!” He tapped the paper bird. “Bring me down there, buddy! Quickly!”

Red King was not amused for whatever tactics they were planning. As a horde of Xy’phers stormed to jumped on the trio, the Red King focused his psychic power on Bernkastel, pointing his robe-arm at her. A red hue appeared around the Witch with the intention to twist her in different places, especially her neck. The Witch quickly lifted out of Zenta’s arms and floated directly to the King, where he stared deep into her lifeless eyes.

“Perish.”

“Stop!” Zenta shouted, ripping through the horde of Xy’phers apart with ease as he rushed to her side. “Lady Bernkastel!”

Strangely, no matter how much force the Red King put on the Witch, she did not bend at all. Not even a fickle of her hair was affected by the immense power of the Red King’s psionic energy.

“Hmm…?” Red King was slightly confused. “What trickery is this?”

In that brief moment, Zenta saw an opening.

“Berserk, Bara, May!” He shouted. “Attack him now, while he’s distracted!”

Zenta flung his arms to the side and unleashed a powerful shockwave of energy that blew away and destroyed every Xy’pher on either side of him. It gave Bara, Berserk, and May a clearing in order to reach the King with full force. The beast elegantly skipped on the flying rubble, trying to get closer to Bernkastel.

Seeing the opening Zenta created, Bara immediately capitalized on it. Cupping her hands together in a vein similar to Vegeta's Final Flash, she rapidly charged up a fierce energy beam while also leaping foward to close the distance, not wanting the Red King to pull out any dirty tricks, firing a fierce wave of magenta-colored energy towards the Red King the second she had her feet on the ground, while also leaving the area open for Berserk and May to add in their shots, as if using her attack not just to attack the Red King, but also to ensure that the path for May and Berserk remained clear for them to strike.

While this attack of Bara was known as her 'Ultra Force' energy wave, it should be noted that Bara didn't bother to announce her attack, as if completely averting the one thing some of the others, her friends included, had a tendency to do of calling their attacks before firing. It was as if there was no thought to this and was just picking her attacks that she deemed was best suitable for whatever opportunity arose.

May takes out a sniper rifle with rounds designed to deal with creatures like the king. May takes aimed in order not to hit any alleys and starts shooting like Zenta wanted.

May thinks as she keeps shooting the king "I trust sense the king is effectively a crystal life form these rounds should do real damage if not outright lethal. That and the shots shood not miss."

“Mhm!” Lucifer smiles when Cuki and Byakko jumped after Vegetto. “Cuki got quite a bite.” The angel noticed. “Her appearance isn’t for show.”

“Making a consideration?” Lilith asked.

“Not yet. I want to see what she’s capable of.”

====

“Well done.” Guardian praise. “You’re only exposed to Clear Mind for a short while, and yet surpassed previous users quite easily.” Her eyes softened. “Even Goku struggled, and he had Clear Mind for over three years.”

Impressed by Bernkastel’s growth, Guardian bowed. “I am Guardian.” She reintroduced herself. “I am the Overseer of Giving. I was task to oversee and care for the Vortex Tree. The tree that contains all lives forcibly out of their worlds. If I wish, they’ll either remain in the Tree, or I can release them onto Vortex, gifting them a second chance in life. Byproduct, any death resulting in a Vortex Coin will alert me. How, when and where they die, even to the tiniest of detail, manifest perfectly in my mind.”

Guardian approached Bernkastel until the gap between them was nonexistent. “It requires a mighty mind to handle the constant influx of information. Which is why, out of all my siblings, I am the most proficient of Clear Mind. Free of the bondage of emotions, I can dissect anything that comes to my direction to the best course of action without a second thought.”

She crouched down and placed her hands on Bernkastel’s waist, lifting her up from the ground. “For example—I’d upped your durability the moment Red King tried to twist your body. This is the strength and power of Clear Mind.”

Her eyes grew colder. “But if you let even the tiniest outburst of emotions, you’ll be subjected to Mind Backlash.” She explains such once more. “Not only you will put the others in danger, but it’ll also result a greater risk of mastery Clear Mind.” Numerous arms slip around underneath Guardian’s dress. “Failure… you’ll simply be another collection of a long list of failures. Never again see the light of day.”

Guardian hugged Bernkastel, but it wasn’t embraced. Despite the invasion of space, none of them felt it had any meaning. If it was Bernkastel was being hugged by a lifeless doll. “Not that I need worry of such. Because of what I’ll say next, you won’t feel a thing. You’ll see to it that emotions are a tool.”

Placing Bernkastel back on the ground, Guardian took several steps back. “You’re the first to each this far. Let’s see if I can push you even further by testing your emotional state.” She raised a single finger, and her tone become monotone and uninteresting. “Gogeta is dead. I’ve sensed his death was done by hands of Clark. He’d kill Gogeta because he believes he was under the influence of Vegetto’s behavior and saw no redemption for it. Vegetto attempted to hid the death of Gogeta from you, but he was quickly discovered by Lucifer and Zenta.” She turned her head quickly to the right. Although the world they were in is cover in complete darkness, she knows that Zenta was nearby. “As we speak, Zenta is holding onto that Coin and plans to give you after the battle.” She turned back to Bernkastel, waiting to see any sort of reaction.

====

A sudden green hue flash around Nia’s barrier, creating yet another layer of protection. Shortly after, Detective Spawn shot upward. It ripped through the diamond earth with ease as he headed towards the sky, expanding his cloak.

“Go.” Without further instructions, several souls armed with weapons shot out of the from cloak. Each of them heading towards the portal. The hellspawn looked up, seeing Avalon coming in their direction. “Hmph. I know what you’re thinking kid. Better not mess this one up. You’ll get once chance…”

As several of them passed through the portal, they reached the other side and grabbed Walter’s arms, preventing him from opening nor closing the portals.

Xy'pher Panich cringed slightly as Spina's attacks landed swiftly. However, she wasn't angry, not in the slightest. As Spina grabbed a hold of her ear, her eyes widened in shock, finally stopping as she landed on the ground creating a dent in the crystal below. In this moment of pause, as the older Saiyan began falling at an alarming rate, the elite noticed a new adrenaline growing within her. She smirked with excitement, chuckling to herself as she simply waited for Spina to approach her.

Then suddenly, Walter was here and her smirk quickly turned to a scowl at his presence. Before she could respond, the leader of the Breaker crashed into the ground heel first causing a giant cloud of debris to cover the two of them. The smoke cleared after a few seconds and it was revealed that Panich had completely lifted her lower half up and above her head, her hands carrying the weight of her body with ease. Spina's kick had narrowly missed her by a few inches, causing an even bigger crater where her body had been indented. A strong glare plastered itself on her face as her eyes turned to Walter. "Shut up, Taxi. You're distracting me." She growled before her legs reached back down and wrapped around Spina's neck. The Elite lifted the Saiyan up with her legs and swung him back over her head to slam his head into the ground in front of her.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

after being thrown through two large crystals Bage landed on the ground far from the others. the Detective looked up and saw the sea of Xyphers that charged him, a few of them starting to climb his body in order to subdue him. Their claws and spear arms try to pierce through his skin. Bage frantically started ripping them away, throwing Xyphers into each other, only to have more jumping toward him growling and snarling. He quickly encased himself in his bulwark armor to barrel through the crowd of crystal soldiers

I have to get back to the others...!! I have to get back to...! Bage thought to himself, desperately fighting to get back to the others. Then the image of Panich's crystalized face flashed in his mind and suddenly... He hesitated again. The Xy'pher soldiers immediately took advantage of this opening and swarmed over his armored body, they grabbed his limbs and held him down, while trying to tear the ki wall surrounding him down to go for the kill.

However the Saiyan detective couldn't bring himself to fight back, his body became tired all of a sudden. Even the little bit of Saiyan pride he had felt before was absent at this moment. What's the point... I can't protect anyone... No matter how hard I try...

The guilt began welling up in his throat as images of his failures clouded his mind. the missing people, then Spina's death, Goku, and finally Panich. He wasn't smart enough... wasn't strong enough to keep them safe. They were either gone or changed, and he felt responsible.

I can't do it... I don't deserve to fight anymore. I let this happen to her. He thought. He shut his eyes tightly as more intrusive thoughts began to manifest. One image specifically of Panich appeared, behind her both Goku and Spina.

You were too late. And now we are monsters because of YOU. The three hallucinations said in unison. Bage was paralyzed with guilt as the Xy'pher soldiers piled on top of him, beginning to tear at his skin as they slowly chipped away at his armor.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Panich lifted herself up, her foot stepping down on the top of Spina's head, "It's my execution. So let me take care of the scum how I want." the elite huffed. "Just keep rounding them up for me or go back to your perch on our King's shoulder!"

She turned her head watching Walter attack Nia and the dozens of Cayde clones. She froze a bit suddenly for a moment, her body twitching slightly before she fixated back on the Breaker's leader. "Fine. You want me to finish him?" The Saiyan Xy'pher was close to delivering another blow to the leader but soon shifted her attention to the souls that had Walter pinned. She looked around quickly, scanning for the source of these attacker ghosts.

"There you are." She set her eyes on detective Spawn, smirking once again as she grabbed Spina by the tail, ready to launch him at the hellspawn with all her might.

Last edited:
After tumbling for a bit upon the impact with Nia, Cayde huffed and grunted in quickly rising to his feet; determined to get upright to prevent even a moment's disorientation from the combat. He glanced around inside the barrier, watching on while the shards pelted into Nia's barrier without reprieve. He reached down and yanked out his second pistol finally, moving around from behind the Xy'pher near the barrier while shards exploded upon impact inches from his face.

"Well...then drop the barrier! I'm pretty sure a wall of bullets beats a wall of crystal zombie shards."

The android lightly shrugged his shoulders with a tired grunt, an aloof smile suddenly forming out of nowhere.

"And if we die...at least we had fun. Right?"

Yet in an instant, Spawn appeared up from the portal and reinforced the energy, prompting Cayde to step back instinctively from the intense whirr of the energy. He looked up, watching the souls fly through the portals and seize Walter's arms. Cayde quickly turned to Nia, tapping her on the shoulder and raising his guns while the clones copied his movements.

"Now!! Drop the barrier now!"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vegetto slowly pulled his arm back, the impending chill doing little to phase his attention. In his mind, the best outcome had been achieved: rather than certain death at the hands of the Red King, he had forced the most powerful asset into battle. However, his eyes widened in shock in quickly sensing the deaths of the Breakers and his head turned on a swivel. The disparity and gravity of it all had yet to sink in as Vegetto stood in a confound and confused state at the bodies lying before him. His eyes quickly registered the Red King still standing alongside his army, while Lucifer bid him farewell in flying off.

"What?! You said everyone...you can't just....you need them...-"

The eyebrows slowly narrowed, not in sorrow or fear of having to face the Red King alone. Only in a mounting rage; a sheer denial that Lucifer would simply annihilate the Breakers solely because of Vegetto's actions. The world before him began to crack slowly, whether because the illusion had been revealed or in the sheer frustration Vegetto felt was unknown, but the Potara Fusion's eyes narrowed fiercely at each passing second as whatever occurred began to sink in.

"You little-"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vegetto's pupils focused and dialed in, his body now back under his control under a clear conscious movement while he was carried on Cuki's back. Instinctively, Vegetto snapped his arms and legs back, crashing onto the ground behind Cuki while he quickly scrambled up to his feet. His fierce glare formed in an instant, the wild eyes whirling around in a desperate bid to find Lucifer and strike out at the angel. Yet once his eyes found Cuki, Vegetto's hateful glare vanished in an instant; replaced immediately by a stare of shock and fear. The Potara fusion stared on and instinctively took a step back.

The same desperate stare searched wildly for anything, anything to avoid confronting the terrible disrespect and actions Vegetto did to demean Cuki when she needed the Breakers most. His eyes quickly found the unmasked Xy'pher hero; the dominant stance she took in having Spina literally under her boot prompting Vegetto into action. He suddenly blasted off in a blinding aura of golden energy; closing the gap in an instant.

Landing with an intense rush of wind and pressure, Vegetto impacted the ground directly in front of Panich; the sheer force and wind of the landing enough to send Spina flying back due to Panich having focused in on Detective Spawn. His fists flung forward wildly, the Potara fusion roaring in a flurry of punches aimed at Panich's torso in a rapid blitz of both speed and power.

Cuki noticed Vegetto’s horrified gaze, becoming confused of his reaction. Soon after, the Potara sped off to brawl with Panich in a panic-like state.

“What’s with him?” Cuki said. “Is he still under Lucifer’s spell?” She questioned. “Not even a thanks… whatever.” She mumbled underneath her breath.

“Who knows.” Byakko shrugged off. “But I suspect that this is not the work of Lucifer anymore; a heavy burden lies on his shoulders. You don’t need to concern yourself with that. For now, focus on this battle. That vile beast seems to be struggling, but I wonder why the little Kitten is not reacting at all~? Guess she sees him for what he is.”

Although Byakko’s seemingly downplayed Vegetto’s hectic state, Cuki’s curiosity grew slightly over his distraught towards her. However, she shook off those thoughts after Byakko mentioned Zenta and Bernkastel, the latter still not reacting to anything. Without wasting time, Cuki dashed forward, destroying any Xy’phers in her path to the Red King and the others.

“Out of my way!”

“You’re quite a curious creature, aren’t you?” Red King examined Bernkastel as he continued his efforts to twist her body. “I have yet to encounter anyone that can withstand my glorious power. How interesting…” His voice echoes. “No matter, you’ll soon crumble if I put a little more effort.”

A random Xy'pher flung itself behind the King, taking the shots from May while a group took the blast from Bara. Suddenly, Bernkastel was released from the Red King’s grip; a barrier quickly forms around him to block any more attacks from both Bara and May. “Hmm?”

Zenta leaped into the air, catching Bernkastel in his arms. “Bernkastel, please! Wake up!” He pleaded, but she was completely silent. The beast narrowly avoided being tackled down by the Xy’phers as he kicked away any Xy’phers going near Bara, Berserk, or May. He knew that he couldn’t dodge forever, but he had to protect Bernkastel somehow.

“He can create powerful barriers… Did he take clues from examining the barrier around Vortex and amping his barrier’s strength?” Zenta thought. “He is too fast to attack head on. He instantly creates a barrier if he sees any attack, and even if he can’t, those Xy’phers will jump in to defend him. Perhaps, I should use that—”

Zenta noticed Cuki rushing past him, heading towards the Red King. In a single leap in the air, she slams her fist against the ground, forming hundreds of metal spikes towards the King.

Once again, even Cuki’s attacks shattered like glass upon hitting his barrier. The King opened his arms and sent out a shockwave that flung Bara, Berserk, May, Cuki, Bernkastel and Zenta into the air. The crystal ground below them started to break apart and clump up around the group, preventing them from escaping. Cuki and Zenta clawed at the crystal, but they were covered entirely. The King clapped his hands together and the group was entirely encased in rock, crushing them.

“Uninteresting. I was mistaken of thinking you would be worthy of being my next Elites.” Red King turned to see if his Elite were performing well in battle. However, he quickly turned towards the crystal ball and noticed a single crack, then a few more formed. Light began to exit out from the cracks of the crystal ball holding the group. It started to crack, melt, and break until it exploded open. The energy that protected the girls came from Zenta as he tried his best to shield them. Zenta, while gently holding onto them, landed on the ground, but Cuki felt his demeanor was a bit different, which sparks a confident smirked in her.

“Heh! You’re finally getting serious, Master?” Cuki readied her battle stance.

“Oh?” The King cupped his hands before forming a volatile vortex of red energy. “Finally showing some promise?” The sphere in his hands glittered beautifully, followed by a violet wave of red energy spread across all directions. Upon impact, they would cause a destructive explosion.

Thinking fast, Cuki slammed her hands to the ground and flung up a steel barrier to shield herself, Berserk, Bara, and May. “I hope you guys have a plan…! Master, you thought of something, right?!” Cuki turned to face Zenta, but only saw Bernkastel leaned against a rock. “Huh?”

Above them, Zenta was hopping from rock to rock, nimbly avoiding the energy blasts from the King, trying to redirect them away from the girls. However, he was not fast enough, and the red energy got closer and closer before hitting him directly, covering him in smoke.

“Master!” Cuki shouted.

From the smoke, Zenta was chuckling, maniacally. The King perked his head, focusing on Zenta as his red pellets flung everywhere. His eyes shined, highly interested on the Beast and his sudden change in composure.

“You seem to be enjoying yourself, I am too.” Red King said deadpanned. From the sphere released more red pellets, each leaving behind a trail of light.

Zenta held out his hand, it being coated in a violent white energy, as he began to absorb the red energy that the King was flinging at him. Red lightning crackled from the hand taking in the attack while his other hand started to form a sphere of pure energy. The more he absorbed, the larger his attack got. The entire time, Zenta had a crazed look on his face, laughing louder and louder.

“The vile beast appears…” Byakko whispered with disgust. “Thread with caution, Cuki. Otherwise, you’ll end up as collateral damage.”

“Master…?” Cuki stared at Zenta with confusion before switching back to pay attention to the barrage of red bullets breaking down her metal shield. “Aw crap…!”

Hold on, in order to defend himself, he had to drop Bernkastel… Does that mean that he can’t attack and defend at the same time?” Cuki turns to the other Breakers. “They probably thought the same as well.” Cuki noticed Bernkastel. “Is this new spell part of that plan? What’s taking so long?!”

“Bara! Ribbons! Errm, you!” Cuki addressed to May, not knowing her name. “While Master distracts him, let’s get behind him!” Cuki hoisted Bernkastel onto her back. “Bara, multiply. We can use that to our advantage.”

“Why you—” Walter snarled at Atomic Flare. “Ungrateful fly!”

Walter gasped as he felt Spawn’s ghouls enter the portals and grab on to him. He could not move and could not create another portal to help him escape. His crystal eyes widen with rage as he turned to Spawn. The crystal shrapnel began to rain down harder on Nia and Cayde until the ghouls began to clog up his portals, taking the hit and blocking the portals. His rage turned to worry as he heard Cayde call out to Nia.

“Alright!” Nia shouted, lowering her barrier for Cayde. “Fire!”

Avalon flew overhead and held his scroll tightly in his hand. The portals lead right back to him...! If that’s the case, then it should be a straight path!

The ninja shot down towards the portals blocked by Spawn’s ghouls and flung ninja knives with a piece of paper wrapped around the handle. Each portal received a knife before he turned to Walter. Moments later, loud and fiery explosions erupted from each of the portals that Avalon threw his knives into, destroying Spawn’s ghouls in the process. From Walter’s side, his arms were caught in the flames, causing him to cry out.

Sorry about the Ghouls, but it's now or never! Avalon flung his scroll into one of the open portals.

The moment Walter began to cry out in pain, all the Xy’phers nearby started to rush towards him, ignoring their sights on the Breakers in order to protect the Elite. They quickly piled on top of the Elite until he was entirely gone from view, pulling his arms out of the portal. The scroll did manage to pop out the other side, but it did not touch Walter. Instead, it bonked a random Xy’pher on the head before being buried underneath the mass of crystals.

“Oh, crap! Crap! Crap!” Avalon said out loud. “The scroll!”

However, before Avalon rushed in, he saw the scroll lift out of the pile by Nia’s psychic powers and flung high into the air, where he proceeded to catch it. “Phew… Thanks, Nia!"

Damn, that didn’t work…

Nia used her psychic powers to lift Cayde and his clones in the air to give them a better view. “Those Xy’phers are merging their bodies to form a thick shield around that Elite. We need to hit them hard. Very, very hard.” She stressed.

“Hit hard?” Avalon noticed that Vegetto had entered the fray, but he went after Panich, so he won’t be any help even if he asked. And Bage, he’s suddenly distraught! “W-What can I do to help…?” He doubted his own strength for a second and shook it off. “No, Focus! I can’t get my scroll near Walter or Atomic Flare, it's too risky! There must be something else we need to do.” As Avalon watched the Xy’phers pile up to protect Walter, Atomic Flare, and the King he gasped.

That’s it!

After thinking about Berserk, Avalon made a quick hand sign. In an instant, a Berserk Clone appeared, holding her signature blade.
In the air was a fake scroll which the Berserk Clone hit with her sawblade. The scroll exploded and turned the sword into a Shuriken-chainsaw, with pairs of shuriken spinning rapidly to cut through the crystal pile. The clone tugged on the wire that was on the blade, mimicking a lumberjack starting up a chainsaw. Next to Berserk-Clone appeared a clone of himself, pounding his fist into his hand with a cocky smirk.

“Alright…” Avalon then opened his scroll to poof up a single giant shuriken. “Let’s go!”

The Berserk-Clone rushed in first, attacking the thick shield with numerous attacks. It managed to chip crack the shield with her chainsaw-sword, providing a small opening for Cayde and the others. However, as soon as the opening was made, the Xy’phers rushed in to cover it right up. Walter peeked out of the crystal dome to see Avalon jump off his paper falcon and head directly towards him. Avalon flung the shuriken as hard as he could and performed another single hand sign. In the shadow of the giant shuriken was a hidden shuriken that acted independently, as if having a mind of its own. The main shuriken spun at rapid speeds towards Walter who smirked.

Heh! They won’t be able to dent the dome as long as the Xy’phers protect me.

Before the shuriken hit Walter, it changed direction to avoid the dome entirely and headed straight for the Avalon clone that snuck into the crowd. The shuriken sliced the clone in half, which exploded into thousands of water particles that turned into shuriken. Those shuriken flung out in every direction, taking down hundreds--thousands of Xy’phers that went to defend Walter, Atomic, and the King.

“W-What?!” Walter shouted as the Berserk-Clone began to create a larger opening, now that no more Xy’phers were replacing the dead ones. Finally, the Elite was entirely vulnerable to Cayde and Spawn. “Atomic Flare! Cease your foolishness and get rid of these insects! Now!”

The shadow Shuriken that was hidden flew past Nia and poof’ed into a large cloud of smoke that quickly disappeared to show Avalon and thousands of shuriken behind him.

“Forget the Elites! Nia! Use your psychic powers and fling these shuriken towards the fodder Xy’phers!”

Without saying a word, Nia gathered her psychic abilities to control each and every shuriken Avalon conjured up, flinging them towards the Xy’phers close to Atomic Flare and the King. The Xy’phers that would occasionally come to defend Atomic Flare were struck down, allowing several shuriken to whizz by Spina and Vegetto to strike Atomic on the back. Avalon fell but landed on the back of his paper bird, smirking.

“Now that’s how you do it!”

Bara smirked.

"Already was counting on that." She said to Cuki.

Within moments, various microscopic pieces she had been leaving behind ever she left that cell arrived in the room and each one grew into an exact duplicate of Majin Bara of varying sizes, some were as big as Bara herself, others were as big as a regular child, and others no bigger than a house cat. Each began to spread out and strike at the Xy'phers and the Red King himself, intending to disorient them enough for Cuki to make her move, while Bara herself also joined in, directing some of her duplicates to move in, with several of them turning themselves into sawblades to strike at their hostile targets, wanting to put pressure on them to keep them busy for as long as they could.

May says like the last time lands on her feet "My name is May and I guessing your name is Cuki. " May thinks as she changes round types " I gest I shood use piercing variant of the anticrystal rounds. That should prevent some random xy'pher completely negating my shots."

May moves behind the king as Cuki asked and starts doing the same she did wend she gets behind the king.

After missing his attack, Spina felt his neck squeezed tightly in between Panich’s leg. Soon after, the older Saiyan crashed headfirst against the crystal ground.

His face buried in the crystals and the Xy’pher’s boot; only when Panich grabbed his tail that there was a reaction. Spina’s eyes glow bright red, changing the rainbow colors to crimson color. Before he could retaliate, Spina flown back from Vegetto’s abrupt landing.

Spina frowned when Vegetto forced his way into the battle. He raised his hand as energy gathered around it and left no distinction on whether he’s targeting Panich nor Vegetto. Yet, before firing, he’d noticed Detective Bage being piled on by a horde of Xy’phers.

Shifting away from Panich and Vegetto, Spina blast the rest of the Xy’phers away from Bage. It didn’t take him long to noticed that Bage was completely distraught. He slapped Bage upside the head and grabbed his ponytail.

“What the hell are you doing? Sobbing about like some child. You got time to sulk? Then fight.” Spina shouted at Bage. “What kind of Saiyan… no.” He stopped before continuing. “What kind of Detective are you?!”

Spina turned towards Panich, seeing that he’d completely shut down after laying eyes on her. “You can sit there and feel guilty all you want. But that ain’t gonna change a thing. You want the hurt to stop? You fight.” Spina walked towards the two, dragging Bage with him by the hair. “If you lose that much heart… so much that you can’t function, then get out of my sight and never show your face around here again.”

===

Seeing Avalon’s impressive skill, including tossing numerous shuriken to deal with the Xy’phers around them, Detective Spawn did not hesitate a moment to take advantage of Walter being out in the open.

“Not bad, kid.” Spawn crossed his arms, leading to emit a pulsing green energy. “You owe me several ghouls, though. Leetha, let’s go.” The red cloak responded by splitting into two; each segment wrapped around tightly until it popped, turning into angel wings. As feathers showered around the hellspawn, a gigantic anti-tank RPG appeared in front of the man.

Several ghouls appeared underneath the RPG, holding it up and steady to lock its primary target: Walter. The moment Walter shifted his focus away to order Panich in a panic, that was the moment to take the shot. “Target Lock. Hellish Bullet.”

A spiral of green and yellow form around the base of the weapon, before firing a highly concentrated beam of divine and hellish energy.

Last edited:
[The Plane of Clear Mind]

More white ash trailed off Bernkastel's body as Guardian lifted her up for their eyes to meet. The Witch listened carefully to the Overseer's instructive warnings. Any rational person would have refuted the idea of emotions being a tool, but Bernkastel had no logical inclination to disagree. If anything, her poor ability to understand caused too much strife. Bern's lids lowered slightly at the notion of failure; she wouldn't allow herself to be branded such a disgraceful thing again.

A tool's purpose is in utility. If she could wield emotions to that end then there was no reason to disagree.

Bernkastel stared up unblinkingly at the Overseer, remaining silent for several moments. "That..."

"Explains a lot," she spoke without any hint of surprise or even a knowing disappointment. "Vegetto was right to keep quiet about it. I doubt I'd be standing here otherwise." Guardian was right. She really didn't feel anything. "We'll talk about this Tree later. You said something I cannot ignore-- the Red King's already zeroed in on me." She crossed her arms pensively. "So, tell me about this creature he saw."
=======

"I'm on it!" Berserk dashed around the messy warfare, leaving all manners of patterns by her crimson trailblazing. Reaching a stop among a crowd of Bara clones, she rubbed her chin watching Avalon's doppelganger of her maneuver a massive improvised weapon. "Man, I shoulda thought of that first! He beat me to it... but there's no space here for me to try something similar... oh! I got it!" The Powerpunk twisted her body and began to spin fast enough that she looked like a miniature red twister, moving along the field in the path of various crossfire debris. As she passed by, some of Avalon's discarded weapons as well as Xy'pher bodies (or body parts) were picked up by Berserk's plucky hand. Just as swiftly, the pilfered objects flung out without warning to knock defending Xy'phers off-kilter or fling them directly at the Red King while his back was turned to her.

As she prepared to throw the leader of the Breakers, Panich's eye widened at the sudden crash in front of her. She released Spina's tail and with no time to react, she was forced to receive nearly every blow that Vegetto threw at her. Her body jerked around being pushed back slowly as the force of Vegetto's punches connected with her ribcage. Throughout the attack, She could hear Walter ordering her around once again. And just as quickly as the attack started, it was halted by her claws grabbing the Fusion's fists. Her body shook unsteadily staring down Vegetto with rage in her eyes. "I already told you... SHUT UP! I'm working on it!" She growled and reeled her head back, pulling Vegetto forward and slamming her head into his as hard as she could. Her hands held on tightly to Vegetto's fist so as to not let him escape the brunt of her own attack that she would give in return for his surprise assault. She quickly pulled him down by his arms, shooting her knee up and into his chin. She began to laugh as she repeated kneeing the fusion's face two more times before she suddenly felt a crack in her back. She finally released her grip on the fusion after realizing she had been stabbed in the back by several shurikens. The warrior went silent for a moment, staring down toward the ground and her eye twitching uncontrollably.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bage was taken by surprise when Spina arrived, slapping him out of his own thoughts and back to reality.
"I-I..." He blinked, hesitating in his response to the Breaker's leader as if he had no idea where he was. He listened to Spina's speech to him, quietly absorbing his words while his heart palpitated. What was that debilitating feeling just now? Bage didn't have any time to react to his emotions before Spina began dragging him across the battlefield toward Panich and Vegetto.
More and more Xyphers slowly began to lift themselves out of the ground, hissing and attempting to attack the two as they tried to make their way toward Panich.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Xy'pher Saiyan hero was silent as all her frustrations began to replay in her mind, from Walter's nagging to the King deflecting Spina's blast from her during the execution. She didn't understand why, but it made her angry. So, SO angry. Panich began breathing heavily as a purple mist blew ever so faintly from her mouth, "You're all... In. My. WAY." She snarled, flexing her back muscles and shooting the shuriken out of her back. she stood tall and looked forward at Vegetto with ferocious eyes. Without a second of hesitation, she appeared before the fusion and grabbed him by the leg, and thrashed him about wildly. The rage she felt only grew with every swing. her eyes laid upon Spina as he calmly walked toward her through the crowd of fighting Xyphers, her grip tightening on Vegetto's leg before she tossed him toward both Spina and Bage with all her might. Then she lowered herself down into a crouch, her feet digging into the crystal below her as she sped off forward toward where she threw Vegetto. Her breakneck speed allowed her to catch up to the flying Ex-Breaker, slamming her fist into his stomach as she barreled forward toward Spina. "LET ME HAVE MY FUN!" She shouted.

Cayde grinned to himself, stepping out from behind Nia once the barrier defending them had lowered. With the water clones standing with a clear line of sight on Walter undefended and open before them, the android extended both of his arms forward; his fingers slipping down from the barrels of the guns to the triggers.

"Alright Breakers...and Avalon, ole buddy...you might wanna duck!"

Cayde's gloved fingers curled in an instant, the indiscriminate and overwhelming roar of the gunfire suddenly filling the entire battlefield. Metal and water bullets alike fired like a speeding wall towards the exposed Xy'pher elite and anyone within the vicinity; an oversight from a man happily firing off thousands of rounds towards the enemy.

==========================================

Vegetto kept his eyes narrowed, his fists flying and pistoning forward at Panich. Yet his expression shifted slightly once his fists were caught, initially attempting to pull them back in the Xy'pher hero's tight grip to no avail. He gasped, cringing heavily in pain once his forehead was slammed. The momentary disorientation and pain on his face gave way ocne he was yanked down, his head whipping back from the intense shot from Panich's knee. He hacked in pain, blood and spit flying outwards from his face while he rocked along from the forceful impact of the following two blows.

Stumbling backwards in the brief reprieve, Vegetto panted heavily and took a moment to steady his footing. His right hand raised, wiping a small trail of blood from the side of his mouth with the back of his white gloved fist. The Potara fusion roared, a flare of golden energy exploding outward around his body as he swung his right leg forward in a kick towards Panich's abdomen, but blinked in surprise once it was caught in her grasp. He stared back briefly into the ferocious and frustrated eyes, yelping out and flailing his arms as Panich slammed him repeatedly into the ground. Vegetto groaned, gripping at the ground in a bid to gain some sort of stability and control, but soon cried out as he was flung through the air towards Spina and Bage.

The Potara fusion's eyes snapped, his own frustration at the hits taken mounting while he furrowed his brows in a furious flourish of energy. Regaining his composure mid flight, Vegetto flipped through the air and shot both feet forward. Connecting with Spina's chest, Vegetto did nothing to brunt the force of the impact on the older Saiyan that was supposed to be his teammate in the battle. The intense shockwave shook the very ground beneath the three, and Vegetto used the shift in momentum to launch himself off Spina like a springboard. Shooting through the air in a blistering dash, Vegetto snapped his right arm down and out to his side; a sharp, yellow energy sword brandishing in a bright flourish around the Potara Fusion's forearm.

Yet before he could swing or slash with his Spirit Sword, Vegetto hacked again in pain as Panich slammed her fist into his stomach. His arms and legs ragdolled forward as Panich dashed towards Spina and Bage momentarily, Vegetto struggling to regain his senses. However, the Potara fusion soon roared once again, his left arm latching onto her neck for stability and his right arm swinging the Spirit Sword down to the arm with her fist lodged in Vegetto's stomach; attempting to slice the Xy'pher's arm clean off.

Walter was unable to properly defend himself; even the onslaught of Xy’phers rushing to defend him was dying at a rapid pace due to Avalon’s shuriken. As a result, Walter was bombarded from all attacks, leading to a massive explosion. Crystal debris flung in the air, and an enormous amount of dirt spread wide and far. As the dust settled, the dome protecting Walter shattered, and he himself was on the verge of falling apart.

Critically wounded, Walter shoved dead Xy’phers to the side and pondered his next course of action. “Ha! Ish zat it..?!” Walter gargled, due to his jaw being completely missing. That realization that his body took more damaged than he realized, causing him to stand there in shock.

“T-These pitiful lifeforms are not to be underestimated. The one with the cloak is fully aware of my weakness, so fighting him is pointless. Not only that, but I’m completely outnumbered. It’s too dangerous for me.” Walter turned to Panich, seeing her slowly lose more control of herself. “And Atomic is becoming just like those other two… I must warn the King…”

Although he was wounded, he still had the will to fight for his King. The Elite swung his right arm into the air. For a moment, there was a small pause until an enormous portal appeared in the sky. From the portal fell thousands of Xy’phers, easily replacing the ones that were just killed. One Xy’pher managed to land on the paper bird Avalon was on, causing the ninja and the Xy’pher to crash. There was a cloud of smoke from the bird disappearing.

All this was a distraction, however, for Walter to escape in another portal to reappear by the King.

As the energy around Zenta’s hand grew, it began to discharge lightning that zapped the ground. Once the beast charged enough energy, he rushed towards the King with the surging energy in front of him. Zenta cackled maniacally as a massive explosion consumed both he and the King. From the smoke, Zenta’s body was flung to the floor. The King’s psychic powers cleared the smoke and continued to slam the Beast back and forth.

“I recall you slamming the head of one of my Xy’phers. It was quite a while ago, I believe.” The King deadpanned. “I’ll return the favor.”

Zenta was unable to move and took the full onslaught of the King’s psychic powers. All he could do was brace himself for impact as the King whipped his body through the ground. Even as Bara tried to disorient him, the King seemed to barely pay much attention to her and her clones. The same applied to May; regardless of where she appeared, the King did not seem worried about her.

“Master!” Cuki shouted. “Hang on!”

Cuki clapped her hands together and slowly pulled them apart to show a metallic spear come from her left palm. She rushed towards the Red King, who turned to face her. The King’s psychic powers flung Zenta behind him, taking the bullet that May shot towards his back. Zenta was hit on his side, and the power behind May’s bullet sent the beast flying past the King. Cuki lifted her spear to slash at the King, but a loyal guard rushed in to block her spear with its own. The King eyed Cuki from behind the Xy’pher Guard.

One of the robe-arms from the King lifted and pointed at the Bara-Clones. The Clones began to float in the air and be pulled together, squishing them tightly into a ball. The pull was so strong that they would all come to a singularity by the amount of psychic pressure the King used. The King then balled his hand into a fist, bursting the tiny ball of Bara-Clones, erasing them.

Cuki managed to slice the Guard in half, but by the time she launched her spear to attack the King, her weapon bounced off his barrier. The entire time, the King was not paying attention to any of his aggressors, and instead, focused on Walter who appeared by his side.

“My lorrrrd……” Walter frowned, nearly collapsing on the ground due to the damage done to his body. He’d found pieces of his broken jaw and slapped it on his face prior to his arrival. It wasn’t perfect, and he slurred his words, but it managed to get the job done. “A-Atomic seems to be showing signs of disloyalty like the other two. That, and…. She expels some… Dark Energy…”

“Oh? Even her?” The King said, turning his back to Cuki and the others. “Shame.”

“What shall we do?” Walter asked. “The Breakers seems to be quite troublesome. I cannot perform my duties if the cloak one is there. He knows my arsenal of moves—"

“Silence, my elite. I’ll take care of things quickly. Deal with the disloyal one.” The King dusted his shoulder before holding his arms out in a welcoming gesture. “This battle is no longer amusing. I’ve seen enough.”

A sudden shift and chill came forth on each Breaker. Suddenly, without any control of their body, they froze in place. Seconds later, their bodies flung high into the sky in rapid speeds, crashing to one another. With Bernkastel being in the center, all the Breakers bounced off each other hard, before slamming against the Witch. They were being compressed with such force; they were forming into a compact ball. Only Panich was spare from the attack.

“Argh!?” Cuki’s attempt to move was futile, Vegetto was blocking her view. “Vegetto! Get your butt out of my face! Byakko!?”

“Tch. I can’t see with this clown in the way.” Byakko joke. “Maybe I should just rip—”

Another way, Byakko!!!

An enormous number of debris followed soon afterward, rushing towards the ball in high speeds. Nia who desperately tried to create a barrier around the group. “Hold on guys... I can save—"

“This was an adequate display of power, Breakers. It was truly a disappointment for you to reject my proposal, but after seeing what I saw, perhaps I was a bit overzealous of your strength. Though, I still believe your full potential will be useful as my personal Xy’phers.” The Red King said, flicking his robes; this resulted in a strengthening of psychic hold on the compact ball containing the Breakers. Each of them would feel their bodies twist and contort, their breath getting shorter, and their bones moments from snapping. And due to the influx of debris slamming against Nia’s barrier at high speeds, it was a matter of time before it shattered.

"I can't...!" Nia cried out before the psychic pressure and debris broke her barrier. Her body slammed against Cayde and felt her body twist and contort. This is it... We can't escape his hold. It's all... over.

Red King turns to Walter. “Farewell, Breakers. Your obedience will prove very useful in my conquest.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom