The Reality Vortex: Red Reputations

Status
Not open for further replies.
May says "your only partly on the mark Nia. They have luck but It's the kind of luck that most would be killed by. I trust that our skills will be able to do wonders."

May say as she takes out orbs to make a barrier "I thought that was a given." May thinks "I gest it's time to fight" May is ready to defend as Bernkastel sets up her move.

"These guys are getting on my last nerve..." Berserk uttered between gritted teeth under the grip of the Xy'phers surrounding them. "If I could just free one of my arms--!"

Bernkastel eyelid twitched as she winced from feeling their claws dig into her skin. "Better we try to all move at the same time. We probably need a good opening first..." The only thing she could move freely were her hands, but that ought to be enough.

"And a shitload of firepower. There's no way we can dent their numbers even if we get free." The Powerpunk Girl chewed her lip in apprehension.

"We will." The Witch locked eyes with Spina up on the scaffold, remembering what he said to her the night before. Failure's not an option... I won't lose! Closing her eyes to breathe in and enter Clear Mind, her determined stare was all that remained in her face. She noticed the pain in her limbs dulled to feel like pins and needles.

"Alright Guardian, I did as you asked. Looks like I'll also have to fight from in here to get around their weird hivemind defenses. Otherwise our heads will roll."

Atomic Flare took the execution axe into her hand with ease, her gaze never leaving Zenta as she did. The Elite was quiet as Walter addressed the crowd and stood at attention waiting for her cue to begin. Her masked eyes stared him down like a predator with sights on its prey. However, her attention was only diverted from the beast as Spina made his outburst, watching as his energy charged straight for her. With an effortless twirl of the axe, the Xypher elite grasped the handle into both of her hands and prepared to counter the strike. Then, in the blink of an eye, her king had shielded her from the blast and there was no need to move any forward.

Atomic Flare was frozen in place, even as her glistening hair was blown back by the force of the blast ricocheting off of the barrier. She remained silent for a moment, even as the Red King gave her the order to execute Spina after she was finished with Zenta. her grip tightened on the axe briefly before she swung it down at her side with a bit of frustration to it.

"Yes, your Highness." She finally spoke.

She watched as Zenta readied himself for the execution, simply scowling as he and the King conversed.

Bage winched at the stinging in his limbs as he struggled against the Xyphers claws, watching Zenta accept his fate. They had to come up with something or else Zenta and Spina would truly meet their end right here and now. "Well whatever we're doing, it has to happen now," Bage mumbled, hoping the Beast was simply putting on an act so the others could save him.

"How boring." Atomic Flare scoffed, raising the axe above her head, ready to strike at any moment. "And here I was thinking you ants would make things interesting for me."

The Xypher Elite's arms tensed and the axe began glowing as a yellow aura cycled around like a chainsaw. Bage's eyes widened suddenly as he felt this, "That's-"

And with a mighty grunt, Atomic Flare swung her arms down to swiftly cut off Zenta's head.

As Atomic Flare readied herself, a dense white mist began to stir around the Breakers. No matter how hard the wind blew, the mist did not waver. It gently hugged each of the Breakers, giving them the sense of empowerment. It danced gracefully between the Breakers, until it rushed towards Zenta. The blade came down and blood flew into the air.

Standing in front of Zenta was a mysterious robed figure who blocked the massive axe with its bleeding hands. Above the petite figure was a familiar cat-like apparition whose identity was shrouded in the dense mist that covered the area. The phantom creature behind the robed one was also grabbing the executioner axe, mimicking its counterpart to help hold it in place.

“Move!” The person cried out; the voice was unmistakable to the Breakers. A woman’s voice.

In an instant, Zenta’s ears immediately perked. He turned back to see who had saved him, and his jaw had nearly dropped. The beast is stunned for a moment, before rolling away from the scaffold and flipped back up on his feet. Not even a moment later, the axe dropped right where his head was. The beast was still, never removing his gaze from the mysterious person. His hands twitched, no doubt from the shock, as he slowly reached out to the being. His hand immediately darted back once he heard the woman speak.

“Pan-Pan!” The woman cried to Atomic Flare. They seemed close, but how? “Pan-Pan… You were supposed to wait for me! I-I’m stronger now, see! I’m stronger...!” The woman’s voice lowered so that it was nothing, but a mere whisper, directed to Atomic. Her hands balled into fists; she bit her lip to hide her sadness, but tears rolled down her cheek, nonetheless. “I’m stronger… I’m… I’m sorry, Pan-Pan…”

"Is that...?" Zenta said with uncertainty, hesitating to touch the robed figure. "I-Is that…you?"

The robed woman let out a soft sigh. Her arms, covered with cracks, reached up to remove the hood covering her head and face. Once her hood was down, large black and white cat ears shot up to their neutral position on her head. Cracks littered her face, her eyes lacked sleep, and her hair was fading to gray, loose and wavy, no longer bounded by a band. A black star rested on her forehead; a symbol that matched the forehead of the feline ghost behind her. Under the robe was the mark of her Master, ripped from her previous jacket and stitched to the inside of the robe. Finally, a striped tail popped out from under the robe.

New_Cuki return.jpg

The woman slowly turned to her Master.

“Been a while, huh, Master?”

Zenta, upon seeing the familiar energy and hearing the voice of his student, collapsed to his knees before her. The burden in his heart about where she was the entire time has been lifted. His jaw and shoulders trembled as he gripped his chest as hard as he could. Although unable to cry, his weak voice captured his true feelings.

“Cuki…”

“On your feet, Master. Now’s not the time to get emotional…” Cuki said before turning to the Breakers. There was no mistaking it; this was Cuki. Something seemed off, however; behind those green eyes was no ounce of life. An endless, empty stare.

Cuki looked down at the Xy’phers holding them in place before stomping her heel on the ground. Metal spikes shot from the ground, impaling the Xy’phers and forcing them to release their hold on the Breakers. They were impaled in every possible way, yet, they did not die; in fact, Cuki seemed to have purposely left them alive. From there, she nodded to the Breakers, turning her back to them.

“You guys better get ready, we’re gonna have a rough time with this one…”

Although initially shocked at seeing Cuki, once she felt the Xy'phers releasing her, Bara immediately jumped backwards.
"If I could use my magic, I'd make you all into cotton candy!" She practically muttered, before she powered up herself with all the strength that she could muster.
"Majin Buu was once the most feared being across the galaxy... let me show you why that was..." She muttered, her voice low, but a grin on her angry face was present as she first launched a regular Vanishing Ball towards the ground between the Red King, The Breakers and any remaining Xy'phers, effectively creating a smoke screen that would give the Breakers some time to get themselves sorted and prepared for combat.

Spina frowned when the Red King halted his movements. Yet, despite the Red King proclaiming that Atomic Flare should kill him right after Zenta did not phase the old man. Rather than fear, his furious eyes was unsettling anger. There was no sole cause nor reasoning why his anger had compounded as of late. An magnitude of things had boil over, and Spina wanted to unleash it against the Xy’phers to quell it.

Once forced to be near the scaffold, Spina struggled repeatedly to move any part of his body. His eyes darted to the left when Zenta spoke that beheading as a mere nuisance than anything else. His act seems to have caught some frustration from Atomic Flare, the latter hoping of any sort of fightback. Spina’s eyes narrowed when strange mist emerged around him. Seconds after, the Xy’pher swung her axe, but was stopped by the arrival of none other than Cuki.

“Who… the hell is that?” Detective Spawn was confused at first of Cuki’s arrival. But after she let down her hoodie, he’d recognized her form the files. “Wait, I thought she’d perished by the hands of the Red King? Who is this person with the tail the Red King spoke of?”

Spina’s eyes widened in shock to see Cuki appeared before him. Its surreal moment that she did not die by the hands of the Red King. The fact that she’s alive, Spina thought, will make things go even smoother after all of this is done. Before he can relay anymore thought of the matter, there was a sudden cluster of clouds of smoke engulfing everywhere due to Bara’s attack.

Detective Spawn pulled out his green blade and handgun to take advantage of these moments. He turned, noticing that Bernkastel looked space out. “May, she’s doing that thing again. Keep your guard up and protect her with any potential enemies.” He turns to Cuki. “Great timing. I’ll put you up to speed. We have something that’ll shut them down at once, but we need to keep these rock freaks at bay until then—” His ears perked at the sounds of wings flapping. “Huh?”

“Oh, pity.” Lucifer said, seeing daggers of spike erupted from the ground and pierced through the Xy’phers pinning them down. “I was hoping to see at least one head roll.” His wings sprouted from his back, pierced through the dust clouds generated by Bara’s attack. Flying high above the ground, the angel turned to the King with smugness on his face. “Oh, how the spectacle of a grand execution interrupted by inconvenience! But rest assurance, you’ll get another chance, oh graceful king. Don’t let this opportunity slip.”

-----

“I’m sure you’ll have time to spare.” Guardian appeared in front of Bernkastel; once again invading her personal space. The giant woman placed her arms on the Witch’s shoulders, her hands gently brushing her hair. “You have shown tremendous progress of utilizing Clear Mind during the few times you’ve used it. Thus, we will take another step. If you wish to accomplish what you agreed too—this is vital to reach the next stage.” Twirling Bernkastel’s hair in her fingers. “By maintaining focus and energy, you must sacrifice a large portion of your emotions when you performed a breathing technique within Clear Mind state; this will allow you to access abilities that you currently do not possessed.”

She paused, pressing her face against Bernkastel’s cheeks. “I’ll test your emotional test to assure that you aren’t feeling anything. Otherwise, the aftershock will be great—not only you’ll be incapacitated, but others around you will also get struck as well, little one.”

May is unaffected by Cuki's intransience largely due to the fact she was consternating on developing defending and shooting any xy'pher that got too close to them.

May says in her normal tone "I thought that was a giving spawn." As she shot an Xy'pher between the eyes. May says "good we have another body to help us."

Atomic Flare's eyes widened in surprise a bit seeing that someone dared- no, had the power to stop her axe. The Xypher elite growled, trying to force the axe to slice the person and Zenta in two but only meeting the axe with the scaffold wooden base once the two beings had moved away.

The hero didn't seem to budge much as Cuki pleaded with her, she glared up at the girl and prepared to charge at her and the Breakers with her weapon, but the smokescreen blocked her sight. Atomic Flare grunted in frustration, knowing that she wouldn't be able to track them in this haze. However, even with this new turn of events, the Xypher chuckled to herself before smiling devilishly.

"Now that's more like it." She laughed to herself.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bage stood amongst the group, thankful to be freed from the Xyphers. He was just as shocked to see Cuki before them. But soon a sense of dread washed over him completely overtaking the relief he felt. What he felt from Atomic Flare was no coincidence. and Cuki's presence confirmed it. He stood up immediately at Cuki's warning, preparing for the Xyphers to rush them at any moment. His heart was nearly pounding out of his chest as he looked toward where the scaffold was, turning to the others.

"That girl with the tail... If it wasn't Cuki... T-Then that could only mean-"

He gasped, quickly moving out of the way as the executioner's axe cut through the screen of smoke, digging into the ground directly in the center of the group and narrowly missing them by a hair. Bage held his tongue seeing his reflection in the giant axe head.

"No hiding now, you've got to put on a good show for his Majesty." Atomic Flare's dangerously calm tone interrupted the group's conversation. "And not to mention keep me entertained!!"

Jumping through the smoke she grabbed Avalon by the face and dragged him by the face through the dirt before flinging them out of the cloud of smoke, landing her smack dab in the middle of the group. She then turned to the rest of the Breakers with a sinister grin, grabbing a hold of her axe and this time swinging it by the flat of the head to fan the smoke away while also smacking each of the Breakers with it like a bat, flinging them in all directions in the process. When she twirled around to Bernkastel And May enclosed in May's barrier, the Axe hit with enough force to shake the bubble. The Elite hesitated a moment, before reeling the axe back and slamming down harder on the barrier with enough force to break it and smack into the two with the flat of the axe.

Last edited:
"It's really her... but I thought she was a goner?" Berserk furrowed her eyebrows, thinking back on the pictures and scattered notes they stumbled on back at the hive. She managed to escape, but what happened to the other person? Before she could think on that any longer, they had been freed by Cuki's aid. Rubbing her wrist among the smoke, Berserk tried to immediately find the others. "There's our opening! Avalon, now's our chance to--" her eyes widened from the sudden gust of wind erupting beneath Atomic Flare as she landed squarely before them all, gasping in alarm seeing Avalon tossed aside with criminal ease before they found themselves meeting the blunt end of Flare's axe.

Berserk flew back several yards, disoriented by the strong impact for several moments until she twisted her body and stuck her heels into the ground. At the end of a long line of torn earth, one arm was in the dirt while the other held her sore ribs. "Damn that smarts... shit, May! She's guarding Bernie!" The Powerpunk's eyes lit up a bright crimson as she outstretched her electrified hand to bring forth her beloved sword buried underneath what remained of the Xy'pher mob. Without any time to spare, she threw forth the sword as it extended its segments across the field.

"Heheh, you've got a big audience of your own don't you? I've been itching to fight a celebrity hero for a while!! They can watch you LOSE!" She shouted, maneuvering the sword with intent to trip up Atomic Flare by snagging its teeth around at least one of her legs. C'mon everybody...! Get up quick!

Bernkastel stood inside the bubble unmoving, her head slumped with glazed-over eyes staring at the ground. She didn't so much as flinch beneath the loud sound of the barrier cracking apart from the axe's impact. She practically looked asleep with her half-lidded eyes open.
=====
Bernkastel pursed her lips into a flat line from Guardian nuzzling up against her cheek, not looking too happy about it. Still, she wasn't going to displease the one who bestowed a power with such massive potential so she decided to endure it. "If we intend on living to see tomorrow as ourselves, we have to take the King down by any means necessary. For the cost..." The witch went silent for a few moments, remembering the attempts she had made to go against her usual nature, as well as the discord that came from being bogged down in emotion.
"Well, there's no love lost on this place, but we're looking at the greater good here. With the odds stacked against us a miracle is the only thing that'll tear down that empire. I need our future to exist too..." Bernkastel placed a hand on her heart, musing like she were debating the dissonance washing over her. "So I can win your game, and revive all that I lost since that day."

"It's a small price to pay for so much. And... I don't want to hurt people needlessly for my own foolishness." She blinked. "Hey Guardian. Can I use my powers on myself in here?"

Last edited:
As the Breakers broke free one by one thanks to Cuki, the King rose from his throne, watching them intently. When Bara blocked the view with the smoke from her Vanishing Ball, the throne behind the King instantly shattered to tiny bits, indicating the sheer amount of anger the King was harboring. Every Xy’pher in his army felt the rage of the King, each once hissing in unison towards the direction of the Breakers. The King rose so that his body was seen above the smoke, his gaze locked on to the Breakers.

The King’s robe fluttered wildly in the wind, and each Xy’pher shifted to stand up straight, their attention focused squarely on the Breakers. Their bodies began to shift; some grew javelin arms, others pulled spears and swords from their shoulders, and others began to merge to create bigger Xy’phers. Each one took a unique battle stance, setting themselves. The King held out his arms before shooting them up towards the sky. From the ground shot up several massive crystals and the ground started to crystallize. The ground the Breakers stood on started to crack in half and form enormous fissures until it started to take shape of a battlefield. A battlefield for an army.

The King started to change the entire landscape! Dark clouds suddenly started to form above them, the sky turned red, and powerful gusts of wind slashed against their body. The only thing visible in the red sky was the Vortex Moon, looking down on them.

It was an ocean of Xy’phers with no end in sight, each with vastly different skills, forms, and shapes. Individually they are weak, but together, they can overwhelm anything.

The King held up one arm as he hovered just above his army of Xy’phers. Upon lowering his arm, on cue, each Xy’pher began to run towards the Breakers, screaming for glory.

“If you refuse to die peacefully, then you deserve no mercy from me! When I speak, YOU WILL YIELD!

red king and elites.jpg

BOSS FIGHT [FINAL BATTLE]: THE RED KING, KING OF THE XY’PHERS!

SURVIVAL: UNKNOWN

Avalon quickly skipped backwards and slipped his hand into his scarf to pull out his sleeve. Using the smoke to his advantage, he rushed closer to Bage, Nia, and Berserk. He shook like a leaf, clearly worried about his part in his fight, breathing erratically to stay alert.

“Our battle starts now!” Nia said loudly. “Don’t let your guard down for an instance!”

“Y-Yeah. I need my scroll to touch one of the Elites in order to fully transform!” Avalon quivered. “B-But I need help—”

Before Avalon finished his sentence, Atomic Flare grabbed his face and dug him into the dirt and throwing him away from the group. As Avalon disappeared from view, on the floor was his scroll. The ninja skidded to a stop on his back before being entirely surrounded by Xy’phers who began to pile up on him. A muffled yell came from the pile as Avalon tried to pull himself out only to be dragged in by the Xy’phers.

“Avalon!” Nia shouted as she held her hand out towards the ninja; however, before she could blast the Xy’phers away with her psychic powers, the Red King froze her in her spoke.

“No, you will not save anyone this time, Nia..!” The Red King flung Nia towards Spina and Zenta, hitting them with so much force it sent them flying into the air and into the sea of Xy’phers, gone from view. “Not again!”

Lucifer found a spot over the hill. It wasn’t far away from the battlefield, just enough for the angel to make his observations. As his wings folded into his back, his blue eyes softened upon the endless sea of Xy’phers over the horizon. “This should provide us with enough analysis.” He looks up, the red tint in the sky and the lonesome Vortex Moon shining over the shattered landscape.

His shadow morphed young woman and rose behind the angel; Lilith had returned to her original form. Her face hidden behind a short black veil. “While in that Castle, I did not sense any energy that resemblance Naoki. It seems that he’s truly no longer in this world.”

“A pity.” Lucifer answered indifferently. “But I can always try again. I have some willing participants. But for now, let’s enjoy ourselves. Having front row seats to this level of battle is quite exciting, don’t you say, Lilith?”

---

Detective Spawn put up his guard to lessen the damage when Atomic Flare swung her axe around. Despite bracing for impact, the hellspawn flung back a few meters, tumbling against the ground. He stabbed his blade against the earth to stop his movements. “No pushover…” Spawn said, leaving a trail of split earth. “Avalon!” Spawn wanted to save him as he was toss in the air, but Atomic Flare went straight to Bernkastel and May, breaking the latter’s barrier. The detective decided: prioritized saving Bernkastel and May.

After a quick recovery, Spawn rushed to their direction. Spinning his handgun a few times, he fired multiple heavy rounds at Xy’pher Atomic, accompanying Berserk’s attempt to trip her. Before he can follow up with his blade, the sudden shift in the land caused him to get caught in the fissure. Gigantic crystals erupted from where they stood, and an army of Xy’phers had rallied themselves for battle.

----

Spina landed in the Xy’pher horde on his back. He stared blanky towards the sky, staring at the dreaded Vortex Moon. The psychic powers that held him down had angered the old man. “I will not be bound.” He clenched his fists so hard; it broke the skin on his palms. He let out a mighty roar as horde of Xy’phers jumped in. A upsurge of energy erupted from the Saiyan, flinging away the Xy’phers around himself, Zenta and Nia. A gush of yellow winds swirls around the Saiyan. Blue lightning zapped around him erratically, taking the state of that form he used against Gravita. It seems that this form had completely replaced his original Super Saiyan transformation.

He lifted his hand and turned slightly to the left and launched an energy ball towards the sky until it fell to a specific spot of Xy’phers. A purposeful attack to vanquish the Xy’phers that was dragging Avalon left and right. It was not enough to destroy all the Xy’phers at once, but enough to give Avalon some breathing room. “Rock. Help the others. Dog. Your student is there. Go.” He ordered before arching forward. Without further delay, Spina blasted off from where he stood, leaving behind massive dust clouds, to the direction of the Red King. Cocking his hand back and building up enormous energy, Spina threw a right hook towards the Red King.

=====

“You’re quick to understand, little one.” Guardian narrowed her eyes upon Bernkastel’s request. “Of course. With Clear Mind, such task is a simple one.” She paused for a moment. “At least, in theory. So many others tried—and failed to do such a thing however, when suppressing their emotions. It’ll be a shame if you’ll become another collection underneath me.” She deadpanned.

May was sent flying but thanks to an enchantment on her boots she landed on her feet. May token a quick check as she moved back to protect Bernkastel. May thinks "good thing for cat's grace enchants on my boots."

May says to spawn "I am alive; as far bernkastle outside being out it since this fight has started, she seems fine. So, the status is restively fine." May starts to set up her defenses. May orders the orbs "prod call 3." the defenses this time are stronger with additional effects.

Majin Bara on her end raised her right arm into the air and unleashed a torrent of various energy spheres upwards, only for them to vanish in one big portal she had set up for it.

Beside the Xy'phers, multiple portals opened up and energy spheres were being ejected from them to keep the opposing force at least disoriented, making them believe they were being hit from multiple directions, with some of the Xy'phers even bumping up against each other. This in turn would Avalon give some additonal room to recover and do what he needed to do to transform, while also using the various projectiles to intercept attacks directed at Bernkastel and May, almost like a crude barrier of sorts.

Cayde and Vegetto both yelped at the sudden impact of the axe, flipping backwards across the ground with the others. Both promptly slid to a halt, the ground cracking beneath Vegetto's boots as he forced himself to stop in a brutish contrast to Cayde's graceful flip and flexible maneuver. Neither one looked at each other in the brief pause of combat, Cayde's head immediately turning towards the scroll lying on the ground in the midst of the intense engagement.

The android, having heard the needs of Avalon to use the scroll, promptly broke into a dead sprint for the scroll. The intense gunfire and blasts from the Breakers exploded around Cayde in his sprint, the crystal horde mobilizing to charge the team before him as he dropped to the ground in a quick slide, deftly dodging a pair of Xy'phers lunging for a tackle towards his upper body. Scooping up the scroll in his right hand, Cayde hopped to his feet and drew the God Slayer pistol with his right.

"Step one, get the scroll."

The android began indiscriminately firing his pistol in every direction; the single shot action of the weapon largely ineffective in thinning out the horde before him while he ran back towards the team with a panick stricken voice in his screaming.

"Does anyone remember what step two was?!"

------------------------------------------------------------------

Once Cayde had taken off in his initial sprint, he had left Vegetto alone in the midst of the ongoing battle. Vegetto's eyes narrowed at the sight only a few feet in front of him, all of the remaining Breakers moving to support one another in the combat as the Potara fusion stood back almost like a bystander. The short duration of being imprisoned against his will by Lucifer had lasted only a day, but Vegetto's expression bore hatred that most would spend a lifetime building under that same captivity.

The glare turned up solely to the perch Lucifer and Lilith sat from, Vegetto standing clearly indifferent to the chaotic battlefield before him. From the distance Lucifer and Lilith sat at, a normal eye would see a sudden flash of golden energy without any sound. Barely a streak of that golden energy could be seen before Vegetto appeared in front of the pair, the golden aura swirling outwards around the Potara fusion that now blocked their view of the battle below.

An intense boom of wind and force blasted outwards from Vegetto in a threatening manner, the crackling electricity swirling around the man in his Super Saiyan form. The lone bang of white hair nearly disappeared within the golden hue of the others, but the white noticeably stuck out among the flowing golden strands as Vegetto glared down to meet Lucifer's eyes directly while he floated in front of the angel.

"You said that if I landed a punch on your face...you would kill everyone."

The white gloved hands balled promptly into fists, the glare unchanged while Vegetto spoke.

"I want to make a new deal."

Last edited:
The impact of the axe hitting Bage caused him to roll back a few feet before regaining his balance. Watching as the group was split up without a second to waste, the Saiyan detective tried to devise a way to distract the hero so Cayde could get the scroll back to Avalon. Though he seemed to hesitate for a moment, as if his feet were stuck in place, no Xy'phers holding him down. His heart pounded through his ears before he finally mustered enough strength to push himself forward.

Atomic Flare chuckled as if enjoying how the group struggled against her pure strength and as she towered over may and Bernkastel, she rose the axe above her head with the blade facing them, ready to tear them in two before she jerked back slightly, glancing down to see Berserk's sword latching onto her right ankle, scraping against her crystalized skin.

"Lose? Do you really think this is enough to stop me-!?" She nearly laughed out loud but was interrupted by the continuous fire from Detective Spawn. Her face was the first to be hit, her head swinging around violently at the impact followed by the other crashing into her body.

Bage hurried to Cayde and shouted out to him as he moved passed. "We have to touch her with it!!" He shouted, rushing straight for the preoccupied Flare in hopes to make Avalon's part easier. "Cayde, Throw me the scroll!!"

The Xypher elite's head hung low, her body looking close to tumbling over. The burning of her body from Spawn's gun caused steam to emit off of her, hiding her expression from the group. Bage lept forward, reaching his hand out to give Cayde a clear target to aim for so he could grab and touch Atomic Flare with the scroll before she would regain her thought. But then suddenly, the hero's left foot slammed against the ground, to keep her from falling. She swung her face around to meet the Saiyan's and pushed off the ground, closing the gap between the two of them. As the smoke cleared, Bage's heart dropped as he turned to the elite, seeing two very familiar scars on her now exposed face.

It really is...

image-24.png

Panich...!

The Xy'pher's fist connected with Bage's face before he could react, sending him flying across the battlefield toward a group of Xy'phers soldiers ready to capture him once he landed. Her hand reached up slowly, taking the remaining part of the mask into her hand and crushing it.

"You managed to harm me... Well done." Panich praised them, seeming to lose interest in Bernkastel and May. "But it won't happen a second time!" Then with a sudden jerk of her leg, Berserk was dragged right toward the elite.

"Hold on tight." She smirked as she came face to face with Berserk before punching the powerpunk in the cheek and tossing her back into the air. she gave the sword another yank to pull Berserk back to her, this time facing towards Bara and kicking the girl into the Majin. Like a paddle ball, Panich continued hitting the Breaker with the flat of her axe in this repeated motion and seemingly having fun with it. It wasn't until she noticed Spina heading off to the King that she tired of the game and as Berserk came back to her, she grabbed the girl by her shirt. Panich glared at the older Saiyan before slicing the sword's segment off of her leg and tossing Berserk to the ground.

"Walter! Portal!" She ordered the other while preparing to make a dash straight for Spina.

Last edited:
Bara grunted as she was hit initially by Berserk landing onto her, but she was more shocked by the revelation that Atomic Flare was none other than Panich. Recovering after Berserk was pulled back towards Panich, Bara retaliated by stomping her right leg into the ground, before a burst of energy exploded from below right in front of Panich the moment she charged at Spina, while right as this attack went on, the Majin also fired two energy spheres that teleported and struck at Panich from the side, intending to disorient the corrupted Saiyan and preventing her from focusing on her attacks.

Zenta grunted as Nia crashed onto him and Spina, but luckily the older Saiyan flung most of the Xy’phers off them. The beast’s ears twitched upon hearing Spina issuing his orders to him and Nia, causing him to turn to Cuki in the crowd of Xy’phers. Without question, he ran towards his student as ordered, kicking away a Xy’pher that nearly snuck up behind her. Cuki turned to see her Master, her smile genuine but her eyes dead.

“Master!” Cuki shouted. “What’s the plan?”

“Protect Lady Bernkastel until her spell is ready.” Zenta replied, pressing his back against Cuki’s to cover her. “The King must not disturb Bernkastel.”

“Defend Kettles, got it.” Cuki’s palms ignited in a silver aura to mimic the white aura on her Master’s palms. “Let’s go!”

Both master and student sped towards Bernkastel and May, covering each other’s blind side as they crashed through every Xy’pher they met. Whenever the two fought side by side, the display is graceful, but this time, it was not. Zenta’s usual style remained, but cuki was harsher, more direct and personal. Their bodies were left with multiple holes from where she unleashed her energy, yet, some were still alive. She used Xy’pher parts to stab other Xy’phers, up close and personal. Cuki was cruel in her fighting style, making sure her enemy felt every bit of pain.

Zenta, taking note of this, would end the misery of the unlucky Xy’phers, however, he grew concerned. Although he could not see her face, he sensed something new in Cuki, something ominous. Even the voice of his student lacked any form of emotion. Regardless of where his thoughts were, his main priority was to protect Bernkastel with Cuki.

===========================================================

Walter opened various portals to continue letting Xy’phers storm the battlefield until he heard Atomic’s orders. The first thing he noticed was Bara’s move on Atomic and he quickly held a hand towards her. A portal opened directly next to Atomic, protecting her moments before Bara’s blast landed on the Elite. A portal formed behind Bernkastel and May, redirecting Bara’s blast towards the two. The blast hit the ground, causing a deafening explosion of rock, dust, and debris.

In front of Atomic, another portal formed as the Elite flung herself inside. As the portal closed behind her, no one knew where Panich disappeared to.

===========================================================

At first, the King was not paying attention to Spina, primarily focusing on Bernkastel, but as Spina approached the King, his head shot towards the Saiyan in a heartbeat. Spina’s fist stopped a few inches from the King, moments after he turned his head. There was no look of concern from the King, as if he was not worried about anything Spina would do to him.

“You are not my main target right now, Spina.” The King mocked. “I have bigger plans for stronger Breakers.”

The King shot Spina to the left, where a portal opened for Atomic Flare to come out of. With the speed Spina was flung at, Panich’s punch would hit much harder on impact. The King turned towards Bernkastel and May and casually floated his way towards the girls, not worried in the slightest about the surrounding battle. His gaze was entirely locked onto Bernkastel and her near statue-like stance.

The ground around May and Bernkastel started to rip itself into the air as the two ladies floated in place by the Red King’s psychic powers. Behind Bernkastel and May formed two javelins made of rock and crystal, aimed directly at the girls.

“I thought you would be more of a challenge, Bernkastel.” The King flicked his hand, the javelins rushing to the girls. “But I overestimated you.”

Cuki quickly appeared behind Bernkastel and May and shot her hands upwards with a mighty roar. From the ground erupted a steel wall that shielded the women from impalement. The wall was caving in as Cuki pressed her hands against it to keep it from falling.

“Master!”

Swiftly, Zenta scooped Bernkastel and May into his arms, taking them away from the King as fast as he could. The way Bernkastel barely moved an inch made him wonder if her spell is having a toll on her body.

“Lady Bernkastel! Snap out of it!”

=========================================================

“Raaaaaggh!!!” Cuki shouted as she ripped the wall of steel from the ground and letting it fall on the King. “That should’ve slowed him down…!”

“Did it, really?” The Red King’s voice echoed as the steel barrier showed a deep circular dent from his barrier before crumbling like aluminum. “You are bold to show your face again, little one. Are you still as useless as you were when you fled like a coward?”

“Shut up!” Cuki shot her palm to the King before being stopped.

“Useless!” The King flicked the top of Cuki’s head before sending her flying towards Lucifer and Vegetto.

The youngster slammed against the hill Lucifer and Vegetto were near, her body shape printed on the mound. A sharp gasp of pain came from the woman as she pulled her body out of the self-made crater. She did not seem to notice the two at first before grabbing a handful of dirt and squeezing it in her hand in rage.

“Gotta… gotta get back.” Cuki turned her head before finally noticing Vegetto and Lucifer. “Huh?”

===============================================

Nia was quick to move as soon as Spina told her what to do. She quickly rushed to Avalon first, noticing him fighting back using a short ninja knife. Avalon turned to see Nia and waved his arm in the air. His face was full of panic, yet there was a vigor in his eyes.

“Nia!”

“Right!” Nia held her hand towards Avalon and her psychic powers lifted him into the air, away from the Xy’phers. “We must dent their numbers somehow! Bernkastel hasn’t moved an inch and it a sitting duck!” Nia pulled Avalon with her as she flew across the field. “Have you thought of anything in case Bernkastel’s magic fails?!”

“Damnit, what’s she doin’?!” Avalon grunted. “Uhh, I don’t know yet!”

“Then think quickly! The King has his sights set on her!” Nia pointed at the King nearing Bernkastel and May.

“Just… Just give me a sec!” Avalon bit his thumb to draw blood and performed a few hand signs. He was covered in an explosion of smoke before emerging on the back of his trusty paper bird. “I need to think…! I need to—!"

Avalon’s noticed his scroll missing, and a wave of panic began to show on his face. His ears twitched as he heard Cayde’s voice, and he instantly locked on the scroll in his hand. The way Cayde handled his gun gave Avalon an idea. The ninja’s face turned pale as soon as she saw a huge wave of Xy’phers rushing towards him, ready to overwhelm him. The hoard was large enough to block out Cayde’s view of the sky. If they were to overwhelm Cayde, then both he and the scroll would be gone.

Cayde always hits his mark, so maybe if Nia and I…

“Nia!” Avalon shouted. “Get Cayde out of there!”

Nia nodded before rushing over to Cayde and lifting him up with her psychic powers. As she and Cayde floated, Avalon flew closer to Cayde and snatched his scroll from his hand. Without wasting a second, Avalon performed several hand signs and an explosion of smoke appeared. Numerous Cayde-Clones came out, each one wielding a gun just like Cayde. While these clones may not be as strong as Cayde, they copied his every move and fired water bullets. Cayde by himself can take out many Xy’phers, a whole group of them can take out countless more.

“Step two was getting my scroll to touch Atomic or Walter! Cayde, my clones will copy your every move, so you can make it rain bullets!” Avalon said as he turned to Nia. “Nia, use your psychic powers to help Cayde and my clones evade the Xy’phers. Make it rain, Cayde, literally!”

“White hair is so oddly fitting for a gnat like you. Sticks out despite repeated efforts to blend in.” Lucifer snickered. “Remind me of take more of you later when this is all over, hmm?” The angel held out his hand, preventing Lilith from making her move. She back down, but still weary of Vegetto’s intentions.

“Depending on what you offer, I’ll entertain it. Choose your words, or fists, carefully.”

Just as Lucifer answered, Cuki crashed nearby. “Ah Cuki. Shown up for two minutes, and already proven to be worthless. Just like this one.” Lucifer clapped. “Welcome back.”

=======

Spina’s head rocked to the left from Panich’s punch. The impact resulted a shockwave that blew way some of the smoke from various energy blasts from the battle below. He recovered midair, turning to the Xy’pher. Wiping blood from his lips, Spina smirked. “I recognized that punch.” He added, seeing that Atomic Flare was Panich.

“The Red King’s reaction is faster than I thought. But that thing didn’t seem to notice my presence until the last moment.” Spina thought to himself while looking at the Xy’phers swarming on the ground; noticeably major sects of them are surrounding the Red King. “As long those rocks surrounded him like maggots…” His eyes returned to Panich. “It’ll be difficult to do crowd control if they get in the way constantly…” He made a quick decision.

“Hahah…” Spina laughed. “This is great. I was meaning to have a match with you again. Vegetto and Gogeta doesn’t cut it. They are separate entities from him... but you… you’re damn near the closest thing to that bastard prince, huh?” Spina suddenly tensed his muscles, his eyes narrowed as the embers on his face burst into a lively raging storm.

He let out a powerful roar as his energy spiked up dramatically. Taking a battle stance, as hints of water trails from his fingertips before clenching his hands into fists. In an aggressive manner, he taunted the Xy’pher Panich. “FIGHT ME NOW!”

Spina blasted forward, closing the gap between instantly, and slammed his fist against Panich’s stomach, followed up a swift kick against her right side.

Last edited:
May thinks as she was grabbed by Zenta "I get the reflect would not work if the aggressor would not go form the front. But agent fully expected the others to distract most the xy'phers that could think."

May says "I gest I should carry Bernkastel or shood I guts shoot Radom Xy'phers." May thinks "if one of them is worrying about Bernkastel then this state should not have happened."

As Bage yelled for the scroll, Cayde cocked his arm back in the brief pause he made in shooting back the unending horde. Yet as his arm flung forward, the speed of Panich's strike sent Bage flying in the time Cayde took to toss the scroll. The android yelped in pain, managing to keep his grip on the scroll despite nearly throwing out his arm so that he did not chunk the scroll into an empty sea of Xy'phers or worse, into Panich's possession. The reveal did little to stir the android's feelings despite Panich's connection to the others; Cayde swiftly turned on his heel and began firing upon each Xy'pher that got too close for comfort.

"Still on step two guys, could really use a hand here!!"

Cayde barely made it a few steps before he slowed his running, the bright lights from his eyes being nearly the only source of light in the massive shadow of Xy'phers that loomed over him. He soon came to a halt with the scroll in one hand and the gun in another, slightly slumping his shoulders.

"Oh...shit...."

Cayde then suddenly yelped, flailing in the air helplessly as Nia lifted him safely out of the encroaching horde that swarmed through seconds later, barely registering Avalon swooping in to take back his scroll. The android glanced around, still getting his bearings but stared on in awe at the sight of the clones forming. He listened on in silence as Avalon explained the mechanisms of the clones, and at the end, Cayde shook his head with an amused grunt and a tiny smirk of his mechanical lips.

"Kid...this might be your best trick yet! I could kiss you...but only a friendly kiss! On the cheek...definitely not on the lips."

With a quick acknowledging nod to both Avalon and Nia, Cayde audibly cleared his throat loud enough to ring out over the intense scrambling and scurrying of the Xy'phers below. The Cayde clones mirrored his motions but despite that, the original glanced around to his new comrades while he spoke with a confident tone.

"Gentlemen! This is a Cayde riff in 6!"

Spinning up the Godslayer pistol in one hand, Cayde chuckled to himself at his own reference.

"Watch me for the changes...and try to keep up."

With a wink to the clones that all matched his enthusiastic expression, Cayde suddenly flipped up the gun and fanned the back hammer of the pistol in rapid fire of the trigger. The quick fire of the gun rained down like machine gun fire from how fast the android fanned the hammer while squeezing the trigger repeatedly, a streaming wall of metal and water bullets being a new numerical force to finally match the overwhelming numbers of Xy'phers that poured outward towards the team. Cayde happily chuckled to himself, humming a familiar tune while the immense gunfire continued to rain down on the Xy'phers.

"Get some!!"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vegetto had tensed, his glare having momentarily shifted to Lilith in preparation for whatever attack may have come. Yet soon throughout the insults and taunting, Vegetto lowered his arms and relaxed his shoulders, his narrowed eyes remaining still. The intense wind and shockwave of pressure ruffled his gi and golden hair from the sudden impact of Cuki, prompting Vegetto to turn his head to the source.

Despite the arrival earlier, Vegetto had not given credence or thought to Cuki's entrance; his mind having wandered on his own thoughts in the midst of the opening brawl. Yet now that the girl was before him, Vegetto's eyes widened not in just shock, but in a brief momentary gaze of pure horror. He floated back ever so slightly at the sight, his eyes swiftly turning off Cuki while he stared down aimlessly towards the mountainside. His eyebrows twitched, struggling to bury whatever internal sensations felt as he forcibly exhaled through his nose. His eyes turned back slowly onto Lucifer; the sight of the angel enough to refocus on his mission at hand.

"The Red King denied you your precious answers. Whatever power you seek...this Creator's Essence or something like it in this world...won't be learned from him."

Vegetto's stern tone remained behind the dual voice, strengthening with each word from the momentary fear he briefly displayed at the sight of Cuki.

"This entire battle that you could end in an instant...is worthless. The only thing you are doing here...is risking their lives."

He clenched his fists tighter.

"So here is the new deal. If I can land a punch in your face...then you will get off your ass and help them fight. End this threat once and for all."

Vegetto audibly scoffed, slightly raising his tone while he spoke in an attempt to dissuade the reaction he expected to hear from Lucifer.

"Tck..and don't think I'm doing this out of some bond or love for them either. I'm only making a simple choice and keeping my word. They deserve better than to be played around with by fallen gods...whether it's me, or you."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom