The Reality Vortex: Red Reputations

Status
Not open for further replies.
"What're you doin?!" Berserk eyed Avalon with horror as she watched him dip pizza slices into the soda. "Those flavors don't go together at all, you're supposed to drink that! Not make soggy bread with it!" Before she could lecture him further on his odd choice in flavor combinations, the Powerpunk turned her eyes over across the table noticing a small commotion was flaring up. "Whaddo those knuckleheads want?"

Bernkastel narrowed her eyes into a vicious glare as the boys continued to mock Gogeta and Zenta in front of her, even splashing the fusion in front of her. She could feel her face growing hot with indignant anger, wanting to fight back in a far more violent manner towards them. "Why you...!" Before she could lash out at them, she soon saw the water glass was a fakeout meant for her. Flinching shut her eyes, she held up her arms in anticipation to get splashed on.

But it didn't happen. Hearing Zenta's voice again, she looked up with a shocked expression before she stood and ready to retaliate. But suddenly a stranger had made her way to the boys' table... 
Bern was expecting to be shouted at by the woman but instead, she dragged them off? Bern saw them exit the cafe in stunned silence before turning back around.

"Damn kids pissing me off," she grumbled, wiping at Zenta's fur with a napkin. "They've got a lot of nerve showing their faces! Next time I see them, I'll definitely..." Bern trailed off into silence, shoving food into her mouth to hasten their leave from the cafe. Feeling immensely bothered, she forced herself instead to think about the strange lady who had acted on their behalf. It was still baffling.

"And here I thought there wouldn't be a single person in this city that actually liked you guys. Kind of a shocker, considering the hero obsession," Berserk scratched her head, finishing off her last slice before standing. "It was a real pain gettin' the old guy out of the train, so I'm not 'it' to carry him out."

As the pair of teens high fived each other at the clone joke, Gogeta's grip on the table intensified ever so slightly. The cracking in the wood was substantially growing, yet the fact that the fusion could smash entire cities with ease already indicated that the man was extensively holding himself back. The slipping could be seen in his twitching eyebrows along with the cracking table; Vegetto having already turned around with a narrowed glare.

However, as soon as the teen splashed Gogeta's face with water, the fusion immediately ripped up the table from its foundation and tossed it aside. The explosive surge of anger was all in the blink of an eye; the rage snapping in Gogeta's eyes as he lunged for the teen, the blur of blue and orange slamming into Gogeta's side, and the two fusions toppling over each other across the ground to gain a bit of ground from the two. Just a few feet from the table, Vegetto grimaced and struggled extensively with a pained expression while Gogeta writhed under his headlock.

"Cayde!! I need help over here!!"

Cayde quickly volted from his seat, his chair tipping over onto the ground as he rushed to the squirming fusions on the ground. He drew his large hand cannon from his holster, rushing up and quickly pointing it down towards Gogeta in a bid to deter the fusion's rage. However, Gogeta managed to launch his right foot up and effectively kick the gun from Cayde's hand, a second kick priming with his other leg and slamming into the android's stomach. Cayde hacked in pain as he tumbled backwards, crashing into a nearby table.

Gogeta wiggled, and in an explosive surge of godly ki, erupted into a bright transformation. The blue aura swirled around both fusion's, and in the momentary shock of the spike that left Vegetto surprised, Gogeta managed to hurl his right elbow down to loosen the hold on his neck. The fusion shot up to his feet while the girl was pulling the two teenagers towards the exit, his right fist cocked back in a bid to unleash a devastating, lethal punch. Yet just as before, the entire movement was blur: Gogeta's contorted and rage fueled expression, the punch slowly moving forward, and then finally, another flash of blue fire erupting between the three pedestrians.

Once the rush of energy and flash had subsided, the pair of fusions stood locked in their stances. Gogeta, having hurled his right fist forward and legs spaced out on the floor, stood still with a shocked look on his face as his blue eyes met the same color of the man now standing in front of him. Vegetto's mouth hung open slightly, a small yet heavy set of pants ringing out in the restaurant. The Potara fusion stood with his own right hand raised, the white gloved fingers gripping tightly onto Gogeta's fist. Blue fire swirled around his body in a similar manner to Gogeta's; the sparkling energy rising up from both of their auras. Vegetto's hair and eyes had fully changed to the infamous color that earned Gogeta and Bernkastel's reputation to the patrons and the city alike.

Cayde blinked widely as he sat on the floor in the debris of the table shattered at his feet while he looked on at the two fusions both in the transformed state of Super Saiyan Blue. Yet Vegetto quickly caught hold of his senses after steadying his breathing, the blue energy immediately vanishing and reverting back to his normal state. The energy transition from a sensory standpoint morphed from the momentary spike of the familiar signature of godly ki, back to the ominous and toxic black energy that mounted within him. Once reverted back to his normal state, Vegetto sharpened his glare and promptly shot his left fist into Gogeta's stomach. The other fusion hacked in pain once again, dropping to his knees and clutching his stomach while he reverted back to his normal state as well.

Cayde quickly dusted himself off, moving to pick up his gun off the floor a few feet away and moving up to Vegetto who yanked Gogeta up by the collar of his vest.

"There are probably cameras in here."

"I know."

Cayde paused, leaning forward slowly towards Vegetto with a low whisper.

"It's not too late; I can clean this up like last time. You want me to get all the footage and take out some witnesses?"

Vegetto stood still, his eyes turning down. The actual prospect of silencing the cafe entirely other than the Breakers and Brainstorm crossed his mind, the usage of Super Saiyan Blue naturally would tarnish his image if word got out. The heroic image he presented had been one of the very few things he had left to cling to; the natural instinct to protect it at all costs kicking in as he began to imagine how many blocks or streets he could take out without being noticed. When that presentation in his head failed, the idea of wiping out the entire city ran through his mind. Perhaps other territories would still regard him as a hero if he simply spun the image that the Xy'phers had already taken over and he just wiped out everything to prevent the Red King from taking over. Yet that idea failed as well; Vegetto turned his eyes onto the group immediately in realizing the chances of any other Breaker or Detective going along with his psychotic plan would be impossible. Especially not the two that antagonized him the most: Bernkastel and Avalon.

His eyes first turned onto the witch, a scowl soon forming. The utter disgust soon formed as he turned his eyes to Avalon next; his own personal frustration with the two taking the forefront of his thought process next. The anger soon mounted inside, the malicious black energy steadily increasing as he turned his head to Cayde; a decision being made. Now with his massive ego and pride stoked in full, fueled by his overwhelming frustration at the pure nature of Bernkastel and his anger at Avalon's increasing need to fight against Vegetto's image, Vegetto turned towards Cayde with a venomous low whisper.

"Round up the footage from the cameras. Once I wipe out the Breakers, we'll take out the rest of the city. I can't end up like them."

The overwhelmingly ominous and viscous command was clearly beyond Vegetto's actual scope of capability, yet despite the entirety of what was wrong behind the statement, Cayde stood relatively unphased by the comment. The strange behavior was accented by the android's flat and neutral state for a moment, yet Cayde slowly raised his right eyebrow and looked up towards Vegetto with a low whisper of his own.

"Wait...wasn't that the plan though? Becoming a Breaker and ending up like them?"

Vegetto softened his stare slowly, the actual contradiction completely racking his thought process to the point of stunned silence. He paused in his thoughts, glancing back towards the table one more time. The realization dawned on him slowly, yet his initial strategy to disperse the negative sensation of internal embarrassment was a desperate bid to reimagine the moment of warmth he felt at the table in his disillusioned mind. Yet no matter how hard he tried, the table before him looked the exact same to him in reality and the longer he looked, the more the negative sensations he felt in confrontation with Bernkastel and Avalon continued to build once more.

He quickly turned on his heel, letting go of Gogeta's vest and promptly heading towards the exit.

"Forget it."

The command given was one of complete frustration, and soon, Vegetto exited the cafe to leave Cayde and Gogeta standing together a few feet from the table with the Breakers. The android stood firm and held a stone like expression of flat neutrality as Vegetto left, but once the Potara fusion was out of sight, Cayde visibly trembled as he let out a deep and heavy sigh. The mechanical eyebrows contorted heavily in as he rubbed his face in an exhausted look.

"Ok...one disaster avoided. One million more to go."

Gogeta stood with a small frown, still a bit doubled over and clutching his side from the blow that brought him back to his own senses. He watched Vegetto leave; the proximity he was in to the two giving him the capability to hear the entire content of the conversation. He furrowed his brows as well; the daunting and dangerous words from Vegetto having unnerved his thoughts as well, but he cleared his head once he heard Avalon whispering to him about a towel. Gogeta glanced back towards the table for a moment, his concerned stare returning as he looked towards the exit.

"Thanks...but I'm dry now."

Cayde turned back to the table, moving up and placing his hands on his belt with a perked stare.

"Right-o, shall we?"

The android turned his eyes onto Lucifer specifically; Cayde's initial fears internally primed in how Lucifer would react to the entire situation more than the others. The urgency in the android's voice gave clue to his own initial fears without detailing them all: the time to get to RNN without another situation unfolding was limited in his eyes and the android clearly pushed to get the group moving towards the RNN building.

"There there, Lady Bernkastel..." Zenta said in a soothing voice, trying his best to ease Bernkastel. "Children will do rowdy things for attention. No need to fret, my Lady."

"What? How do you eat it then?" Avalon looked at his slice of pizza. "City food have weird shapes... You should try some good ol' fashion Targog meat, Berserk. It's best when it ferments in its own juices. This pizza is great too, tho'."

While Avalon laughed with Berserk, Gogeta and Vegetto's scuffle caught his attention. As the two fought between each other, Avalon shook his head at the whole ordeal. Only once the situation was done and dealt with was when Avalon slid open his scroll and wrote a few things down. For a moment he glanced at Vegetto as he left the café then at Cayde before glancing down at his scroll, sighing and shaking his head as he wrote down things unknown to them or the others. There was a content smile on his face as he nodded and zipped his scroll shut for the time being, feeling and looking victorious over something he did. As Brainstorm talked, she mentioned something about meeting a girl with cat ears.

"Cookie..? What's that?" Avalon looked at Berserk for a moment before the light bulb in his head turned on. "Cookie.. coo...ki.. Oh wait, do you mean Cuki?"

Zenta's ears immediately perked up, and his usual undivided attention to Bernkastel was broken in an instant. He turned first to Avalon, then to Brainstorm upon the mention of his student. Despite the situation between the teenagers, the odd girl, and the commotion between Gogeta and Vegetto, the beast dropped it all the moment he heard Cuki's name.

"Cuki? You saw my student?" Zenta addressed to Brainstorm. His tails wagged with joy, almost like a dog being told some good news. "Is she here in the city?"

As Vegetto left the café, the odd girl from before was dusting her hands and dress free of dirt as she angrily huffed. She seemed a little upset that her white dress was dirty from her fight with the annoying teenagers. A sigh escaped her lips as she decided to straighten out her white hair and make her way back to the café until she spotted Vegetto. She gasped as her cheeks quickly turned red upon seeing the muscular Fusion. She couldn't hide anywhere and knew that he probably saw her as well. The girl began to tremble slightly as she slowly approached the Hero and bowed her head, not knowing what to do in front of him.

"H-Hello Mr. Vegetto-sir! I-I-I saw you in the café earlier..! You don't have to worry about those n-nasty boys anymore! They ran away like cowards once I showed them my karate moves!" She lowered her blue gaze to the floor, trying not to make eye contact. It was cute. "I-I would ask for an autograph b-but you probably have been signing so many pieces of paper, you must be tired! Y-You're such a cool hero... I-I'm so honored to be in front of you!"

However, the mysterious girl seemed to sense a bit of distress in Vegetto and her nervous and jittery personality quickly grew genuinely concerned for the Saiyan. She clasped her hands over her chest and lowered her voice so that it was just between them two.

"A-Are you okay, Mr. Vegetto-sir?"

Her voice was welcoming, concerning, and caring, and it seemed that the girl genuinely cared about both him and the Breakers as a whole. In a city filled with haters of every kind, it was almost unique to see someone as pure and innocent as her that held no bias with anyone in the group.

Gogeta turned his head slowly towards the table, the current discussion about Cuki prompting him to listen in silence.

Outside of the cafe, Vegetto kept a strong scowl and pinched the bridge of his nose in heavy frustration. He slowly collected himself, his eyes lifting up towards the open cityscape and keeping a strong glare in his eyes. The contradiction alone still racked his mind, his thoughts racing to excuse his behavior but none could be found. The pain of his massive ego continued to stoke the fire within, but soon it paused at the sound of the girl's voice nearby.

Vegetto blinked in surprise, turning his head a bit and staring down to the girl that spoke. His expression immediately softened, listening her talk in silence for a moment before shaking his head once with a small smile.

"You're very brave, standing up to those boys like that."

He crossed his arms, looking down at the girl.

"I'm fine...thank you...for asking. You know, I haven't actually signed any autographs today; my...ahem-"

Vegetto paused, the uncertainty in his tone, given the nature of their relationship.

"-brother, signed the last one. So I'd be happy to sign anything for you."

“No idea. She’s definitely not in this city; she was going someplace else.” Brainstorm responded. “She looks like she was having a tough time, judging by her appearance. She looks like a total train wreck.”

Seeing that Brainstorm was unbothered by the two teenagers and continued her conservation with the others, Detective Spawn thought the whole thing was behind them. Even after such disrespectful display thrown at them, the Detective can at least give Gogeta the credit for taking the mature route. However, such praise he thought of soured upon the reaction of both Gogeta and Vegetto’s scuffle.
The blue flames bore a familiar feeling among the people in the café, particularly the ones that escaped Metropolis few months back. The raging intensity of power surges across the café like a hurricane. Their blows were like thunder; the patrons flinching in reaction upon each reaction.

Detective Spawn’s eyes widened as fear was introduced into this café. A steer contrast of their attitude earlier, where they were in the comfort of a hero working in the establishment today. The infamous Super Saiyan Blue had appeared once again, and few of them already made comments immediately once their confrontation ceased. "Uh oh", a symphony of a large crowd of people saying it multiple times upon seeing such a form.

“It’s… that dreaded form. I lost my appetite.”

“Vegetto’s a hero, right…? He's going to beat up Gogeta... right?”

“Did you see how he look? I could’ve sworn I saw some black energy billowing around him for a second. Is anyone with blue hair a freaking psycho?” Her eyes trailed off towards Avalon, another person with blue hair, and Brachi, whom has access to Super Saiyan Blue as well.

“He’s keeping yapping too… you know the types.”

“But to think… Vegetto… Man…. I’m getting out of here.”

Before Detective Spawn can react, Vegetto had already took his leave. “Tch… And here I thought that one had his head screwed on tight.” He muttered under his breath. He turns to Gogeta. “Are you fucking daft, shit for brains?” Spawn had to use all of his effort to conceal their energy from leaking out of control to avoid detection. His arms contorted rapidly, ready to strike the man: if knocking him out can make the mission more seamless, he was willingly to take the chance, and restore some senses here.

“Slow your road, Al.” Brainstorm stood up to stop Spawn from going any further. “Let’s not turn something into a bigger mess. Don’t want the Task Force up in here.”

Spawn furrowed his eyebrows in anger, turning his sight towards the rest of the patrons. Lowering his arm, the Detective accepted that this was the best course of action, especially seeing Gogeta in silence. “Hmph… you’re right.”

“Good. Now… where was I?” Brainstorm said, dismissing the friction between the two fusions. “Right, Cuki. We didn’t talk in lengths, but I did notch down some notes. She did stop by here once, trying to convince people that you were good people, but she was chased out. Not sure why she was doing that, so I supposed that you have some details on that? Well anyways, I asked her a few things about Doom’s Castle, since my peers and I are doing a story about it… so far, we haven’t found anything. She told me she didn’t and went to a small town nearby. Haven't seen her since." She added on, agreeing with May that it's time to leave.

Lucifer sat silently as he took one last bite of the delicious steak, completely the meal. It was cook blue rare, with red liquids drip from the side of his mouth after his final bite. When Cayde locked eyes with him, the angel grabbed a napkin to wipe the substances off his lips. After cleaning, Lucifer had the biggest devilish smile after witnessing the sheer contradiction Vegetto had displayed before the group. No words, not even a sound from him. Just his sheer reaction alone was enough to signify his enjoyment of seeing Vegetto turned tail after letting the toxicity slip from his lips, words that Lucifer will definitely remember in the future. Thoroughly enjoying the show that unfold in front of him, Lucifer turned to listen to the slowly. The angel raised a brow seeing that Cuki tried to “restore” their reputation. “Like a child, she’s fetching for approval.”

Spina continues to sleep soundly as multiple people left the café, but in another exit to avoid walking out and meeting Vegetto. He was still a hero, but that blue form made some of them feel uneasy and didn’t want to take any chances.

Bage could barely watch the tension between Gogeta and Vegetto go down in front of him, cursing to himself quietly as the outbreak gained the attention of some onlookers, their mood changing from disinterest to uncomfortable and worried stares as they began to exit the cafe. At least phase 2 of the plan was nearly omplete. All they needed to do now was make it to RNN to talk with the president without any more issues and the easy part of the plan could commence. 

But the Saiyan detective's doubt began to overcome him. Would this plan even work with the scenes they've made today? Regardless if they save the city, the citizens would have no obligation to feel grateful to a bunch of jerks that threatened and harassed them moments before they rescued them. He could admit the fans' anger was warranted, but to go out of their way to pick a fight with the Breakers at risk of their own lives. It was a bit crazy even for Bage to believe if he had not seen the venom of these people with his own eyes. 

Maybe he was thinking about this too negatively. Of course, the plan would work! He just had to keep the faith! He wouldn't make the same mistake twice. However, at Brainstorm's mention of Cuki, his face lit up! 

"So Cuki must have escaped the Red King! That's great! And we know where she went. We should be able to catch up with her after we head to the RNN." Bage sprung up from his seat, now ready to get a move on from the cafe before another mess could unfold. With a few apologetic bows to the customers and employees, Bage followed the others out of the bar. Soon he caught up with Brainstorm hoping to ask a few questions. "So, Brainstorm... Have you gotten word or caught any sight of a Saiyan woman around the city recently? Short, with a brown tail? In addition to Cuki that is...!"

May thinks wend Spawn is yelling at the the fusions "Are having professional standers really that rare in law enforcement? Form what I heard and seen so far it seems so. I hope kids like Bage are more common than hot heads like Spawn and Goku." 

May says "someone wake up Spina or take him with us." May gets up and starts to leave with the others. May thinks "I know better than to poke a bear."

"Hey, that's some good news for a change!" Avalon smiled before turning to Zenta. "See? You got nothin' to worry about! Cuki's totally strong and able to fight off these Xy'phers no problem! Besides, she's got Byakko by her side!"

"True... but Brainstorm said this was a while back." Zenta was happy knowing Cuki was safe but something still made him worry. Was it his parental instinct, or was he overthinking it? "Well, I am glad she is safe... I only hope she is better off than we are." As Zenta felt more at ease, he heard Lucifer's little side comment and quickly flatten his ears on top of his head and bared his canine sharp teeth. It was unlike him to be aggressive, but it seems that Cuki held a very dear place in his heart. However, it wasn't long until he settled down, remembering to keep his composure for the mission but also the thought that Cuki is alive seemed to put the poor beast in a state of relief.

At least she's alive... I cannot find it in myself to kill her if she became one of those... creatures.

"Detective Bage is right! We should probably head to the RNN as soon as possible to warn everyone about those Xy'phers. I bet'cha we'll be able to find Cuki after this mission for sure! Just keep your chin up, Zenta!"

"Really?! You'd give me an autograph?!" The odd girl clapped her hands in excitement. "I got something!"

The white-haired girl began to dig in some of the pockets in her dress, but came up with a distressed face. She then remembered she left her little journal in the café. However, instead of being sad, she simply giggled and shook her head.

"Oh, silly me, I left my journal in the Café. Aw well, no worries! Truth be told, I'm just happy being around you and the Breakers. See, I've been a huge fan ever since the incident in Metropolis! They indirectly saved me from being captured by a wicked man... he killed my fiancé. He perished during the whole Blue Devils incident when a building fell on him..." Despite her love for the Breakers, she placed a hand over her chest, her voice a little low. "Even though I got to live, I lost my fiancé in return... It is a horrible feeling, almost like a piece of me is missing..." She gasped before shaking her head dismissively. "Oh my! I apologize for getting personal, Mr. Vegetto-sir! Hey, I know! Instead of an autograph, do you think you can introduce me to the Breakers? I'm... I'm a bit too shy to approach the whole group by myself."

The girl held her hand out as a friendly gesture to the Fusion along with an innocent yet cute blushing smile.

"My name is Emilyn."

Lucifer smirked when Zenta had a reaction towards his snide comments. “Well, thank you for the delicious meal, Madam. That was very courtesy of you to provide an example of actual cuisine to the Breakers.” He stood up and looked at his suit to assure that no dirt landed on his stunning suit. “Shall we?”

The angel did wonder if Cuki was fine, then who are the “missing two Breakers”, they were talking about. It couldn’t be Cross and Panich was hardly part of the group. What other people that joined the Breakers briefly before departing? Someone before their battle against Doctor Doom? The angel did seem to have an answer based on what Brainstorm said but wanted further confirmation once they lured them out. He still thought about Brainstorm stated that she hadn’t encountered any Xy’phers at all in the area she left from.

“No, thank you.” Brainstorm responded to Lucifer’s compliments. After cleaning up the table to make up the mistakes that nearly turn the café into a battleground, she exits the establishment and caught up with Bage asking her a question. “Saiyan girl…? Might want to be more specific. What’s her name?”

Lucifer went outside as well and was eagerly looking around for something. "Oooh, I see." He said with no context whatsoever.

Back at the café, Detective Spawn nodded at May’s request. “I got it. He’s been the quietest one so far.” The Detective lifted Spina up and throw his arm over his shoulder. He turns his sight towards Gogeta. “Move it. We’re leaving.”

As Spawn carrying Spina out of the café, the Saiyan move his head slightly to the left, opening his eyes just enough to make eye contact with a woman at the Café Kitchen. Both of them locked eyes, the woman narrowed her eyes in shock upon seeing the Saiyan. There something that she felt familiar with, and Spina smirked, it seems to confirm something about him. After a brief moment, Spina turned his head back towards the ground and resume sleeping as both of them left the place to meet with the others.

The woman with multiple-colored eyes furrowed her brows upon seeing Spina. She was visibly concern, but she didn’t act on it. Indeed, she continued with her venom and disgust towards Bernkastel, early waiting for her to leave the café. “Thank you for visiting, and please. Don’t ever come back.” Her words left out as the Breakers are leaving.

Brachi, Bara and Jize stood up and followed the others.

"Thank you for your time." Brachi said, smiling genuinely at Brainstorm, before she turned back to the others, her expression becoming serious again as she was ready for the next part of the plan, having remained silent as the antics of most of the others went on.

Some civilians had noted that Brachi had looked rather annoyed to what Gogeta for example had done; while she hadn't done something to interfere, likely thinking as she would only make the situation worse, it was evident that Brachi definitely wasn't happy with it at all. Bara appeared rather nervous and innocent, given the way how she was looking around, but they couldn't read Jize as her expression remained neutral, yet seemed to have remained silent throughout the whole ordeal as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom