The Reality Vortex: Red Reputations

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the help of Bara and Jize and whoever else whom volunteered, Brachi was able to cook up various amounts of dishes for the Breakers to feast on, varying from the dishes she knew to those at personal request, including some of the fabled ramen but in her own style. 

It was a known fact that one of her fusees, being Goku's wife Chi-Chi, happened to be an excellent cook, which allowed her to create dishes with a quality to rival a five-star restaurant, especially given how much Goku, Gohan and Goten and later on even Videl and Pan had eaten a lot of the meals Chi-Chi cooked, hence Brachi relied on the knowledge of those cooking skills to give the breakers a well-deserved meal.

"This should keep your stomach filled for a while." Brachi said as she carried trays with plates of food to the table for the group to eat, with Bara being given a bowl of candies and confectionaries for her to eat.

Lucifer turned his head slightly towards Zenta, with a slightly grin when the latter walked away from him after bringing up his student. Choosing to not say anything more of the matter, Lucifer squinted his eyes before making his way to the table that Avalon had created for them and listen in to the story.

As food were being prepared and presented at the table, Lucifer was true to his word. Despite the confidence that Brachi held over her cooking—the angel was absolutely disgusted after taking a mere glance at its presentation. “As I said, I’ll stick with just water.” Lucifer took several small tips, while Lilith ate Lucifer’s portions of the food as they are listening to Avalon’s tale. He sat in the middle, preferring to get the view of the whole thing so he can study and examine things more closely.

Realizing that pants appeared on him, Spina sat down just before Avalon got to the part regarding the Zorroxes. He lifts the entire plate of food and ate it entirely, crushing the ceramic materials with his bare teeth with absolute ease. “Hmph. Sounds like my kind of guy, then. He is living the life of battle and destroying anything in his path. Too bad he was defeated though.” He narrowed his eyes. “I wouldn’t take such defeat so likely… no amount of “punishment” will wear me down.”

Narrowing his eyes, Lucifer examine the body language between Avalon and Zenta as they talk among themselves about their universes. With a smile, he raised his hand. “Any reasons why you are telling us this story? The only thing I got from this is how horribly pathetic your universe was that they eventually needed the assistance of Gods to do something about this. I do not see how this is positive at all.” He took another sip. “This monster was practically doing good for your world—ensuring that they needed to step up. Too bad such rebirth will never happen.”

"So it really is a magic paper towel roll! Who knew you could make a fancy light show like that?" Berserk propped her feet up on the table. "But you're gonna have to find the real thing if you wanna give me a scare! Too bad... I bet Lucifer would've liked the story if it ended with the guy still being on the loose. Since he doesn't have eyes anymore, we could totally take him on if he ended up in this place!" She added confidently, gesturing towards Zenta. "In fact I bet old Fluffy here could school him no problem!"

"So that scroll tells only the truth? Interesting to say the least..." Bernkastel pursed her lips as she thought over the story which seemed ancient. That definitely had to be Byakko, but he seems like the last person who'd help anybody out of good will... From what she'd seen of him herself and the legend proper was vastly different in her mind.

"Regardless of how satisfying the story was, it's been eons since I've had a story be read out to me like that. Retellings aren't ever as entertaining as playing them," she said with a shake of her head.

"Playing? I don't get it, what's the difference?" Berserk tilted her head questioningly. "A story's a story ain't it?"

"Yes, but where I came from, a story can be read or it can be played with the person who wove the tale. Being a Reader wasn't a very glamorous job though... you miss out on all the fun and all you really get to do is interpret what was already solved," explained Bern as she looked off into space. "The best tales were protected and immortalized in the City of Books... millions, no, countless worlds laid to rest there for witches to read from until the end of time. Even with how long I lived, I hadn't come remotely close to reading half of them. What a shame that they were erased into nothingness."

Berserk made a low whistle, rubbing her hands together as Brachi came to distribute all the foods. "Are all witches nerds who like to read books all day? They sounded pretty special."

Bernkastel furrowed her eyebrows, not sure if she was insulted or not. "I am not a 'nerd'... I simply have cultured tastes. Anyhow, that artifact you have is incredibly useful Avalon," she stated as she pointed towards the scroll. "That is the closest thing to what I normally would refer to as a Truth-- a weapon that can cut through the illusions of mystery. In other words it may be our leverage over the Xy'phers."

"That's what I said! Except yours sounds fancier," Berserk excitedly said, but winced at Spina eating the actual plates before him. She cautiously pulled her plate of junk food away from his reach... "But we're not sure if the scroll only tells the truth based on what Avalon himself knows or not. I dunno squat about magical stuff so I can't make heads or tails of it. Do you wanna take a shot at it, Bernkastel? Lucifer?" Berserk inquired the two, handing Avalon a frosted donut while taking a bite of her own. "You guys know a lot about magic stuff like that. What about you, Fluffy (Zenta)?"

Bernkastel shielded her fish from bits of ceramic that landed in her direction, wrinkling her nose in disgust at Spina's horrendous table manners. She gazed at the scroll as she ate her rice pensively. "You mean you want us to test out what conditions it will give a truth? I suppose I wouldn't mind... provided Avalon will let me use it when we reach a complete understanding of it." She finally stated, sliding over a plate of grilled fish towards Zenta using her good arm. "Here you are, since you'd eat what I picked... not as nice an aroma as what I am used to, but an empty stomach will take anything."

"Better to have some help instead of nothing," Berserk said before turning to Avalon. "Other than them, what about the guy blessed the scroll? Chances are he ended up here too. All else fails, we could hit him up and ask?"

At Bage's question, Gogeta blinked a couple of times and remained silent. He stared down at the floor, apparently losing himself to whatever mechanisms of thought were present within his head. His head rose slightly, his eyes forward in staring strangely out towards the wall. Gogeta finally turned his head towards Bage, slightly shrugging his shoulders a bit and frowning in concern.

"I don't really remember."

At Lucifer's comments, Cayde openly shrugged his shoulders upwards in an exaggerated manner. His orange eyes that illuminated brightly narrowed a bit towards the angel, but he kept a light hearted tone in his mechanical voice.

"Nawww, not anymore. It was kinda nice at first, being a hero and all that...but now that everyone's gone, it feels like a big weight off my shoulders."

The android canted his head to the side, nodding to Vegetto who kept his gaze forward in an intentional bid to ignore Lucifer.

"I know the boss wants to feel bad about it, but truth is...we really don't. He asked me to try and help him make peace with the others, so I helped."

Cayde chuckled, placing his hands on his hips with a delighted smirk.

"But oh man, now that they're gone, I don't have to bust ass with all this people drama!"

He paused for a moment, glancing around at the Breakers and observing the environment for a moment while recalling the last ten minutes.

"Or well...at least, working with you guys will be more fun than the Rogues. Explosions are fun, and I'm personally tired of pretending that they aren't."

Cayde paused, leaning a bit closer to Lucifer before Zenta began his story.

"Also, if you're hearing this Brask, I just want you to know that I hate you and can't wait to shoot you when we see each other next time. Catch ya later!"

Vegetto initially scoffed at Lucifer's first sentence, immediately opting to ignore the angel's comments. He kept his arms crossed in front of his chest, but the approach of Spina drew his eyes forward once again. He kept a strong glare and frown to match Spina's intense stare, listening on silently and remaining still once Spina finished. He glanced down to the floor briefly, a dejected and almost melancholy stare on his face for a moment. Like Bernkastel's absolute fear of what he had become, Vegetto stared on in a clear disdain and fear of Spina's current behavior: a primal beast having given up on semblances of honor and control for the purity of the Saiyan spirit. He grimaced for a moment, opting to speak out briefly.

"I was going to say the same thing about you. You think you're better now, but the only thing that's changed is that you just lost everything."

He flared his nostrils, walking towards the table that magically spawned table.

"People call me a shell, but really, you're no different. Enjoy whatever the hell this 'second wind' is."

In a similar manner to Spina's aggressive barbarism, Gogeta wolfed down and annihilated the plates of food in front of him. He had taken a seat next to Bage after answering the detective while also tucking the Kassava card back into his vest, devouring his food without the ominous manner of destruction that Spina displayed moments earlier. He poked his head up, having listened in to Vegetto and Spina's conversation after answering Bage before sitting down. He frowned to himself while he ate, thinking of Spina's comments about the story and the monster that destroyed everything in its path.

He chimed in with a blunt, unnecessary comment after Lucifer's point.

"Yeah...before creation, comes destruction. My old teacher taught me that."

Vegetto elegantly held his silverware up, carefully but also effectively using the tableware to consume his food. The refined table manners present heavily contrasted his former demeanor; a clear product of his natural attempts to promote self image and elegancy once again. The conversation between Zenta and Lucifer had caught Vegetto's attention at the mention of Superman, but as Zenta had explained himself long before Avalon's story began, Vegetto found his mind stuck on one aspect that blocked him from fully listening to Avalon's tale. Once Zenta had finished pondering Cuki's reaction to the story, Vegetto cleared his throat audibly.

"That demon child's name was Demi-Fiend."

He paused for a moment, but within an instant, Vegetto's sharpened glare rose and turned to meet Lucifer's eyes head on.

"I only bring it up because that little shit's memory finally answered a burning question in my mind since yesterday. I remember his energy; especially how pathetic it was when my wife and Cuki beat him to a pulp in Doom's castle and trapped him in that dimension."

Vegetto kept his glare strong, unwavering off Lucifer.

"It dawned on me how...similar...it was to yours when you used that power on me yesterday. You two even act the same; ready to destroy anything and everything while hanging around the Breakers like some parasite. In the end, he turned on us and tried to destroy everything with that maniac Doom."

He narrowed his eyes slightly, the empty stare of his pupils returning with the cold, threatening tone behind his dual voice.

"So maybe everyone else here is too stupid to see history repeating itself, but I have to know: when are you going to pick your fight with the Breakers....Lucifer?"

Cayde sat next to Vegetto, and the android had zero table manners in comparison to his only friend left in the compound. The android did not have the speed or stomach size of a Saiyan, but Cayde ate with the same grace as a primal brute; stuffing his mouth with his gloved hands and barely pausing to breathe. Like a complete slob, Cayde ate his plate at the speed of a normal humanoid consumer, speaking with a full mouth and pieces of food flying from his mouth while he spoke in regards to Berserk's, Avalon's and Bernkastel's conversation.

"Oh can I try it?! I wanna use it; I got a very important thing that this scroll can help me solve once and for all."

Brachi continued with carrying in new plates of food while taking some food herself, eating with the same mannerisms as a Saiyan usually would, but unlike Spina, she kept the plates around as Bara and Jize helped in carrying off the empty plates while returning for second helpings. 

Brachi remained silent while eating, listening in to the various conversations going on, focused on what Vegetto was telling and asking Lucifer, while at the same time, trying to keep formulating her plans.

"I should have known that this would escalate more than I thought... but I didn't expect it to get to this level... if only my other friends were here... or better yet, if the other 'Breakers' would simply act up and co-ordinate their actions together like my friends would do... perhaps that Red Dictator would already be on his knees, begging for forgiveness or mercy, or already plan his next scheme in advance while we would be working to stay a step ahead of him... by all accounts it appears that he has the distinct advantage, unless we somehow step up our game and act accordingly... the sooner that fool is dealt with, the better, so we can focus on bringing back the very things we have lost so far. There HAS to be a way to bring everything back and I will not rest until everyone else is back, including Gervene... anyone whom tells me that it's an impossibility can just shove it, especially that walking and talking match box whom can stoke up one fire after the other; a purpose that is firm can change the impossible to the possible after all." Brachi thought to herself while continuing to eat her meals, while Bara just kept munching on some candies.

"So, where do you see yourself at then, Cayde? Walking your own path?" Jize asked politely as she overheard him talking while offering him another serving, "and what are you attempting to solve?"

Bara on the other hand remained silent for a moment as her mouth was full.

"Do you need help with something?" She asked after swallowing a bit of candy.

"I am afraid I am not talented in the magical arts, Miss Berserk," Zenta replied to the girl before tapping his visor. "Even if I was, I could not read anything inside, unfortunately. Perhaps Lady Bernkastel is better equipped to handle the task of figuring out the rules of the scroll. It seems she is somewhat familiar with the concept. You can start with Cayde's request."

"Whaaaaat?! No way you guys can use my scroll!" Avalon pouted as he held the scroll away from the ones asking to use it. "It's an ancient and legendary artifact passed down for many generations, not some toy for Cat Witches and Gunslingin' Robots! Besides, I'm not entirely sure how it works anyway... Pops never had a chance to show me how to use it, so I'm kinda learnin' as I go. Tho', some trial and error wouldn't hurt; I'm just scared what Cayde's gonna ask..."

Avalon's gaze soon turned to Lucifer the moment the Angel tried to downplay his universe and the people inside of it. The way he called them pathetic and looked at the savage killings as a good thing, as if they deserved it. He squeezed his scroll tightly and pointed at him, screaming loudly.

"Shut your mouth! There are tons of tales of people that did their absolute best and died trying to stop this beast! That doesn't make 'em weak or pathetic! They kept fighting valiantly, down to the very end! They died honorably and as heroes!" Avalon growled under his breath as he could not stand people belittling others. "You have no right to call them weak, Lucifer!"

"I would save your breath, Avalon," Zenta said as he carefully sniffed the plate Bernkastel slid to him. "Arguing with Lucifer will only amuse him. He does not seem to be the type to anger easily or react to petty insults either."

"I'm not gonna sit here and let him insult our universe, not after how hard we worked to rebuilt it!"

"I understand your anger, Avalon, but fighting with Lucifer will amount to nothing. You know he has the tongue of a viper. I believe he says these things to warrant a reaction out of us and we keep falling for it every time." The beast leaned in closer to take a few more sniffs of the fish, it being entirely new to him. He poked it with a finger, curious to see if it would react in any way. "Just take some of the things he says with a grain of salt, as I do."

Avalon lowered his shoulders after listening to Zenta. He realized that fighting would be pointless, especially when he suggested that they quit fighting in the first place. A sigh escaped his lips while he groaned under his breath, wishing he could get back at Lucifer somehow but came up with a blank.

"Hmph, fine. He better quit calling our folks pathetic tho'!"

"Agree to disagree, Avalon," The beast then turned to Vegetto as he mentioned Demi-Fiend. "Ah yes, that is what Cuki called him, 'Demi-Fiend'," His 'gaze' then returned to the grilled fish on his plate, tracing his finger over it. "In my short time working for Doom, he did express a fondness for hating Gods or God-like beings, similar to Lucifer in a way..." There was a short pause from the canine but it was unknown if he was studying the fish or thinking of what to say. "I would like to battle Lucifer one day, I am rather curious as to what he is truly capable of. Perhaps one day, Lucifer, ohoho~"

Zenta lifted the grilled fish into the air by the tail and pretended to examine it. Finally, he licked it and the fur on his body stood up. Slowly, he lowered the fish back onto the plate and held a very serious composure before lowering his hand down to the plate. He pinned the fish down and bit down on the head, ripping it off and eating it, bones and all. His tails wagged happily behind him as he ripped pieces apart, scattering tiny bits around him. Cute growls came from the beast as he chewed. His table manners were similar to that of a playful dog.

"T-This is... delicious!" Zenta said out loud with bits of fish meat stuck to the side of his mouth. "L-Lady Bernkastel! This dish! This new taste! It lingers in my mouth! Flaky and crispy outside yet soft and moist inside! Is it enchanted food or something exclusive to Witches?! How can this be, my Lady?! You must tell Cuki of this!"

Avalon leaned over to Berserk as he watched Zenta enjoy a simple meal.

"Looks like he's never had fish before," Avalon chuckled before taking the donut Berserk offered him. He glanced at it and peeked through the hole in the middle. He thought about Berserk's last question. "You mean Seilong? Well... I've been tryin' to talk to him for a while but he hasn't said a word to me, despite being his Host. Maybe I'm not ready yet? I vaguely remember hearing his voice when we were fighting Roya but it's all a blur to me." He took a bite of the donut before stuffing the rest in his mouth, hiding the fact that he enjoyed it. "If anyone knows the scroll best, it's Seilong. ...I just don't know how to bring him out yet. But hey, if Cuki did it, then I can too, right? Uhhh, I just wonder how she did it. Sure helps if I had some reference..."

Still... I wonder, can the Breakers help me out with the Scroll of Truths? Well, I still got a few tricks up my sleeve, so every little bit counts I guess.

“Why are you upset, Avalon?” Lucifer placed the glass down on the table after taking a couple of sips of water. “I’m merely asserting the truth of the matter. Your world was unable to stop the threat because it was pathetic, and before it can undergo a rebirth, your gods delayed it by stepping in. Had they not, a new, evolution will be reborn out of their pathetic existence that can challenge such monster. But that was not a case, hence, it such a pity. Rather than my comment, redirect your fronting towards your deities for scrubbing the universe’s opportunity.”

When Zenta tried to calm Avalon down, Lucifer was not moved by the comments of his character. Instead, as Zenta suspected, it had amused the angel. “Quite the contrary, Zenta. I merely speak the truth of the matter, while expressing some of my perspective of the manner. How one reacts to my mere comments speaks volume of their character, rather than I.” Lucifer grinned as his shoulders bounce a little from his light chuckle.

As the others were getting into the depths of the conversation, regarding Lucifer, Spina had finished his food. Rather than participating, the old Saiyan was digging his fingers back and forth onto the wooden table until it left an impression. He was literally not paying any attention, spacing out as the conversation continue around him. Yet his expression was that of fur; his eyebrows furrowed; red eyes narrowed and staring at the table as he grinned the remaining ceramic plate in his teeth.

Upon hearing Vegetto and Zenta talking about Demi-Fiend, Lucifer paused when he went for another sip for the glass. It was indeed hard to defer what kind of reaction Lucifer will give out since he’d always showcasing his smugness and arrogance—aside from that one incident with Avalon bowing down yesterday. Yet, when it came to the information regarding Demi-Fiend, Lucifer placed the glass down on the table and turned to Vegetto so both their eyes can meet.

“Not quite as pathetic as your wife dying in your arms since he is still alive. But it is rather unfortunate that Naoki was defeated, but I’m content that he’d seemingly got under your skin based on your tone. It’s clear that all of you remember him so fondly that he gets mentioned a lot. Can’t say the same about your wife, though.”

His face reveals not rage or displaying hint of taking offense. Instead, Lucifer stare him with a face of a man who was enjoying this banter. Upon hearing the threatening tone from Vegetto, the angel continues. “Why are you so frustrated? I’m merely here to boost the confident of the Breakers, so there will be honestly to build upon. But I’m not a fighter—I mean, that’s what your wife is for—oh. Excuse me.” He turned to the scroll that Avalon is talking about. “If you really want to know, let’s test run the scroll. That’ll give you all the answers you desired.”

Bage’s eyes widened in disbelief. He wanted to be angry at the fusion, but somehow the reaction only puzzled the detective. The answer he was expecting from Gogeta was one of scorn and arrogance, but as he stared back into the shorter saiyan’s eyes… He could tell the confusion was genuine. But why would he suddenly change his tune, Bage thought to himself. That would be a very special kind of stupid to try and fake innocence like this after boasting about how grand he was constantly before today. That… or there was something seriously wrong with this guy that he and the others weren’t seeing. Within this brief hesitation, the saiyan remembered back to when he had first begun this mission. Gogeta’s file stated that he was pretty easy-going, even goofy at times. But ever since their first meeting, the fusion’s attitude had been nothing but prideful. He was right to assume Gogeta’s behavior needed his watchful eye. For now, however… He wanted to relax before looking into this any further.

“Well, that does worry me a bit not knowing if they’re safe or not. But I appreciate your honesty.” Bage sighed, smiling softly at him before giving the fusion a pat on the back. “No use in letting our minds linger on it any longer. Let’s go catch up with the others.”

Berserk gave a slight look of surprise in response to Avalon's sudden outburst, starting to take notice how easily high-strung he could get if someone pushed the right buttons. She didn't quite understand since the story seemed to take place in a time far removed from present era and the universe itself was gone now. What Lucifer said mostly made sense to her despite the cold delivery, and she already saw how Avalon can spiral into hopelessness once. Berserk wasn't sure if anything could get him out of that a 2nd time, and mulled over what was said for a bit.

Bernkastel silently ate while listening in on Vegetto and Lucifer's exchange, narrowing her eyes at the fusion's attempt to instigate a rise out of Lucifer. Deciding to let them continue talking, her expression flattened itself out as she thought about it. A person who kept people guessing with unpredictable patterns of opposition and allyship. That was what Lucifer was. But it also was a trait of the witch she adored. Thinking of her, Bern's expression softened at the mention of Kassava; she couldn't argue against Lucifer's insinuation because most of the time she was intentionally antagonistic around her... and she still couldn't feel much guilt if at all. Like she was more guilty about being guiltless. Sighing lightly to herself, Bern brushed aside bits of fish from Zenta's cheeks with a napkin, momentarily pulled from her thoughts by his excitement for it.

"It's just ordinary fish. But if you like it that much, there are countless ones with different flavors. Cuki had a lovely salmon recipe... I'm sure she wouldn't mind making it for you at all." She seemed pleased with discovering he liked fish, yet her tone sounded almost somber at the end of her sentence. Bern looked over towards Spina, remembering the ominous warning Lucifer had given the group about his new state the day before, and his evident wish to fight. Zenta also displayed interest in fighting Lucifer, oddly enough[font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif].[/font]

"I'd argue the parasitism is mutually beneficial... for now. We give him what he wants to see, and he gives us some help now and then. Should that change..." Bern trailed off with a low chuckle. "I don't think most of us would mind as long as it's fun, no?"

Berserk, paying little attention, nodded to herself as though she reached an answer to something. "Yup, yup... I think I get it now. I know your universe is no more and stuff, but think of it this way-- you're one of the few left that got stuck here. So this is your chance to prove it didn't raise no wuss!" She said to Avalon, trying to encourage him in her own manner. "If this magic paper is that important, ol' See-long can't just hand it to any schmuck! He's testing you to see if you can figure it out without him. Since you already did a question on me, let's see how it reacts to someone else. Like Bernkastel!"

"Come now, I'm not so suspicious that I can't do my fair share of testing... but it is yours to begin with so I suppose I'll have to wait for my turn. Boring..." Bern mumbled.

"Let's give it an easy one to start with," Berserk said. "Ask it if Bernkastel's a human wearing a fake tail! She hasn't taken it off since I met you guys, even though she changed out of her costume!"

"Fake tail...?"

Cayde frowned immediately at Avalon's denial, leaning back in his seat for a moment after witnessing a bit of the exchange.

"C'mon kid, it's not anything bad. I just have a couple of questions about the entire reality we live in, and if I don't get the answers I need to them, it could mean everything is destroyed and life as we know it won't exist anymore."

He shrugged his shoulders, leaning forward and eyeing his plate to resume his feasting.

"But if you want to waste time answering your girlfriend's questions, I suppose the fate of the vortex can wait."

Gogeta broke out into a toothy grin, shutting his eyes with his eyebrows raising in the happy expression. He gave Bage a thumbs up after the detective patting him on the back, soon turning back to the discussion at hand.

He turned his head back, listening to the others converse once again up until the firey rebuke from Lucifer to Vegetto's commands. Cayde's eyes immediately went wide when Lucifer invoked the memory of Kassava dying; audibly choking on his food as the lights that illuminated from his mouth when speaking brightly lit up. After slowly composing himself, he meekly turned his head up, instinctively tensing in preparation for the fight to undoubtedly commence from the sheer audacity in Lucifer's challenge.

Vegetto stared down Lucifer with a narrowed glare as the only immediate reply, remaining silent for a few moments. Gogeta's wide eyes glanced over, and upon Vegetto's reaction to the angel's words, he lowered his lips into a small frown. Immediately in contrast to Zenta's advice on how to handle the mechanisms of Lucifer's witty trolling, Gogeta narrowed his eyes into a strong glare and spoke with a raised dual voice.

"Hey you can't talk about her like that!! She was better than you could ever be! And that's not true; I talk about her all the time and-"

"Gogeta, enough."

Gogeta fell silent, the sound of Vegetto's dual voice nearly identical to his but possessing a firmer and less emotional undertone behind the words. Gogeta stared back in disbelief, throwing out his right arm towards Lucifer and pointing at the angel like a pouting child.

"But that's not fair! He can't just talk about her like tha-"

"It's fine, Gogeta."

Gogeta kept his frown, sitting back in his seat as Vegetto met the other fusion's eyes. The Potara fusion had raised his lips in a genuine half smile; the expression softer than his normal cocky stare.

"I'll handle this."

Gogeta remained silent, his eyes lifting back to Lucifer. A smoldering, frustrated glare trained on the angel as he sat still while to opposite side, Vegetto sat with his chin slightly raised. The genuine stare had hardened entirely; his lips having raised back into another cocky smirk as he stared down Lucifer with the all too familiar confidence bolstered by his ego. Despite the immensely damaging words behind Kassava's death, Vegetto sat confidently smirking back at Lucifer before he spoke once again.

"Well done, but your technique is...lacking. You should've stopped mentioning her after your first line; the timing and delivery was special. A perfect comeback...but you cheapened it by bringing her up repeatedly afterwards. Without that setup from me, it didn't hit as hard as you wanted it to...and with all your experience, you should've known better than to reuse the same insult."

He reached down with his left hand, scooping up the napkin next to his plate and lightly patting down his lips to brush off the crumbs.

"Although you are right; your student was very good at getting under my skin to leave such a lasting memory. Can't say the same for you; I'm sure we can ask Demi-Fiend to teach you how to be better at this-"

Vegetto lifted his eyebrows, a mock concern and surprise in his stare at a seemingly strange realization of what he said.

"Oh, excuse me."

Vegetto's expression returned back to its confident, cocky stare in locking eyes with Lucifer while he dropped the napkin on the table after finishing his cleaning.

"But yes, what a great idea. Let's test this scroll and see what you're really after, other than boring me with weak insults on my dead wife."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom