The Reality Vortex: Red Reputations

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Oh you have to be frigging kidding me! We just barely got out of a serious mess here alive and already you are once again wanting to fight things out with each other?! Why don't you dolts use your frigging BRAINS for once and just focus on the TRUE ENEMY here that is still out there and likely going to take advantage of all of this?! Or are you THAT obsessed by some kind of pride and want to solve literally EVERY problem by just throwing your fists at it?!" Brachi suddenly snarled, clearly sick and tired of all the meaningless display.

Jize frowned at that remaining as calm as ever.
"And you're saying this why?" She asked.

"I'm just sick and tired of all this infighting. I just want to have a meal and a good rest so we all can get our full strength back and show that Red Dictator that his days are numbered. Having Mr. Match Box over here stoke things up isn't helping things either," Brachi retorted, with a nod towards Lucifer while having her arms crossed, "how are we supposed to work together as a team when we fly at each other throats at every moment's notice?! If only our other friends were here, then we could have solved this issue long ago with little loss and return home safely afterwards!"

Jize had to agree with Brachi on this; how can people possibly work together as a team if they keep arguing over things that would normally be considered insignificant for others? The Supreme Kai then looked at Bara, whom nodded at her with a confident expression as she too agreed with Brachi's assessment of the situation.

At this sight, Bage narrowed his eyes, and with a swift motion of his arm, a pink barrier encased itself around Bernkastel. This barrier looked identical to the energy-absorbing barrier he had used in his fight with Gogeta. Any attack that would be thrown at the barrier would be absorbed into the barrier and strengthening to make it difficult to breach. "ENOUGH!" The detective shouted, his energy pouring out in all directions. This hair flickered to a bright red for a split second, before it reverted back to black. After taking a moment to calm himself down, he first turned to Bernkastel through the barrier.

"You are in no position to fight right now, like I said, yesterday took a lot out of us. You were knocked unconscious and it will only do more damage to fight how you are. Take a breath and think about this. He's just saying that to get under your skin. Take no disrespect to your character, but what the hell are you hoping to gain? Blowing up at every insult thrown at you is not going to anything other than exhaust you more than you are! Did we not just have a talk about working together last night? Think about your team! " He huffed before turning to Vegetto, jabbing a finger toward him. "AND YOU! I backed you up when we first came here because I wanted to avoid any bad blood between this city and the Breakers. To respect your hard work in protecting your city and to keep them from getting hated anymore than they already are. But how can you expect them to get better if you're just going to keep bashing them!? Helping the Breakers out was not an open invitation to berate them every chance you get! That's gotta stop! We already get enough of that from Lucifer."

Bage sighed once more, "As Brachi said, there is a serious problem with pride here that apparently needs to be dealt with, but right now is not the time. We all are some form of cranky and hungry, so I'll say again. Let's go eat and rest, please."

"Yeah, we should ask Zenta a few things... Since he's from my universe, maybe he'll know a thing or two about my scroll," Avalon said before turning to see Bernkastel's rage boil over. "Oh man, not another fight..."

Avalon stood his ground but noticed Berserk slip away behind a pillar. He bit his lip since he wanted to get closer to both Zenta and Lucifer but decided to stick by Berserk's side in case things got ugly.

"Seems like this group was messed up even before I got here," Avalon whispered to Berserk. "Yeesh, it's all an ego-measurin' contest with these folks. It's like... the stronger they are, the more they haf'ta rub it in." He paused for a moment before lowering his voice even more. "If you ask me, they act more like kids throwin' a tantrum than adults... It stinks that we're stuck in the middle of this crap."

As the situation continued to unfold, Zenta perked his head to the rising voice of Bernkastel as well as the statements mentioned by Vegetto. However, once the contact between the two was made, he could not stand by any longer. The fragile egos of the group started to ignite fights over the smallest things, and often with the stronger members. As much as he wanted to talk to Lucifer, he knew that if this was not settled soon, then more lives will be in peril.

In an instant, he vanished by Lucifer's side and appeared between both the Fusion and the Witch. As Cayde tried to calm Vegetto, he felt a palm on his metallic shoulder and a gentle push to the side. Zenta stood firmly between the two Breakers with one hand on Bage's shield and another pointing two fingers directly at Vegetto's head. The pressure around them started to rise and the area began to shake, similar to how Lucifer acted before. His entire body leaked animosity, yet his composure and demeanor were the opposite.

"This game has gone on for too long and it seems that there is no end. I will end this now and I will begin with you, Bernkastel," Zenta began. "You have changed very little since Cuki left. Those close to you are driven away by your paranoia or your cruelty. You cannot stand those who point out your faults and flaws. And do you know why, Bernkastel?" The pressure spiked and the ground underneath Bern's feet started to cave in. As Zenta's hand rested on the shield Bage put up, he began to dig his fingers into the shield, the pressure he applied started to make it crack. It almost looked like he was willing to crush Bernkastel using Bage's shield to do so. Little by little, he pushed the barrier down on the Witch.

"You are scared, Bernkastel! You are scared to lose those around you! You already lost everyone important in your life and you hate yourself for it, do you not? People are driven away by your cruel and vile nature and the rare few that stand up to you fall from your mighty power. You incite fear, Bernkastel, you breathe it and you hate the sting it gives your lungs..." As he spoke, he continued to push the shield down, his fingers looking more like claws at Bernkastel. The cracks were so littered throughout the shield, Bern could not see anyone outside of it. Zenta continued until he practically pinned the Witch to the ground. "But, I believe, you hate yourself above all else. You know your flaws but you fail to address them. You are nothing more than a coward scared of the bigger world before her. A lost kitten trapped under a dark box. A child scared of her own reflection... You are afraid of being alone..."

Suddenly, the shield stopped moving and slowly began to lift. The beast pulled the shield up and away from Bernkastel and looked down at her with a smile. As the shield shattered to bits in Zenta's hand, he let one of his fluffy tails carefully move Bernkastel's hair behind her ear.

"But you are not alone. Look around you," He gestured with one arm to the Breakers. "We all have flaws, Bernkastel, but you must be willing to accept your own as well. You have people who care about you and willing to look past your mistakes. However, you must accept your flaws and failures, big or small. Until you learn to take your first step, only then will you begin to see that there is nothing to be ashamed of. I will be by your side with every step you take and I will make sure you do not fall, my Lady."

Zenta then turned to Vegetto, finally lowering his two fingers and speaking to the Saiyan in a harsher tone, similar to how he began with Bernkastel.

"You have a predetermined view of us but it seems that you forgot your roots and how mingled you were with the Breakers prior to your disappearance. You are no longer the same man that fought alongside us to stop Doom, rather, a shell of that man. I know very little of what happened between you and the Breakers but whatever it is, it's a cloud that not only blinds your view but lingers in your head. You have gotten stronger but so have we," Zenta pointed back at the Breakers. "I can drop you at any given moment, destroy your energy like a balloon, and render you useless before you make a single move. You are not above anyone here, mentally or physically. Your ego is fragile, and just like Bernkastel, you cannot stand those who look down on you,"

Zenta took a step closer to the Fusion, showing no sign of fear whatsoever. The pressure around the two rose drastically and all Vegetto saw was his own reflection on Zenta's visor coming closer and closer.

"In this realm, there will always be someone stronger than you. There will always be one person who looks down on you and you are powerless to stop them no matter what you do. This is the reality we live in. You are nothing. I am nothing. We are all nothing. You do not get to look down on anyone. Are you afraid of being weak? Of losing? So am I..." Zenta carefully placed a hand on Vegetto's shoulder. "To be strong, you must accept the fact that you are weak. If you hold yourself as high as you do, your falls will be that much worse. Your words will be your ultimate downfall and lead you down a path you do not want to go on."

The beast smiled at Vegetto before giving the Fusion a pat on the back.

"Speaking of words, I would be very careful of what you say out loud. We have a very special little angel that has a very...vivid memory. Who knows what he can do with your little statement. I know he likes to hide many things under his sleeves but even I am not truly sure of what he is capable of. No doubt he finds this situation humorous..." Zenta shrugged before turning his head to Lucifer. "Right, Lucifer?"

Lilith slithered around a bit when Zenta touched her head, but she coiled herself tightly around Lucifer’s neck when, once again, an argument exploded—and escalated, right in front of them. Her scales lit up slightly, to showcase any protective measures that she will protect Lucifer from any damage that might fling in their direction. Not because of Bernkastel and Vegetto, not because of Zenta nor Bage, but the possibility of the man that one called for violence upon his awakening: Spina.

As his usual demeanor, Lucifer did not join in the arguments, but instead, stayed idle to the chaotic situation that enfold in front of him. He does not care about the petty arguments or picks sides: in his view, the Breakers itself was a social tool that was forced upon them by large this new society that formed after Doom merges endless worlds as one. Unless there were instances that people are being forced into a situation where they need to show “loyalty”, he would not directly interfere to stop the battle.

As Bernkastel lunged forward to attack, Vegetto seemingly indicating that he won’t allow anything to get close to him, and the others desperately tried to defuse the situation, his eyes trailed over to Spina and see his reaction towards it. Upon laying his eyes on the old Saiyan, what he saw confirmed his suspicions: Spina had a smile on his face; his eyes seemingly dead upon everyone scattering about trying to stop this situation from escalating.

Spina was unmoved by Vegetto’s comment on the strong and the weak: whether it was directed at the Breakers or solely him. The mere contradiction and hypocrisy shown was enough for Spina to not only dismissed it, but arrogantly used it to look down on the man. Just a small bout of burns and already, he’d crumbled the weight of his own pride: anyone is nothing more than fodders for him to get one over others.

Spina’s eyes suddenly shifted to match Lucifer head on. “Isn’t this hilarious?”

Lucifer’s eyes softened and returned the favor with his own devilish smile. “Absolutely.”

As soon their brief exchange ended, Lucifer’s overheard Zenta calling upon his name. Of course, the angel listened in thoroughly. His eyes narrowed, his lips curled into a grin, bouncing his shoulders up and down in a chuckle. “Oh, don’t mind me.” Lucifer twirled his fingers. “I do have a memory, but I won’t judge you though. That’s for the people to decide.” He uttered, as his voices clearly echoed outward from this building as if their conservation were clearly being broadcast, starting with Bernkastel throwing her punch and Vegetto’s declaration of “I’m tired of pretending I care about them anyways.”, wildly out of context. “Oops. I was trying to use my magic to record this conversation in my head, but did I accidently broadcast it instead…?” Lucifer rubbed his chin in playful confusion.

Cayde blinked, stumbling to the side from Zenta’s gentle push. He quickly spun around, carefully watching on as Bage’s barrier formed.

Vegetto stood on in his combative stance, the fire around his fists crackling in the air. He kept narrowed eyes, darting to the side and first, glaring down Brachi and Jize. Yet Bage’s complaint drew his attention away, his eyes flaring a bit in annoyance. He wanted to speak out immediately, but Zenta stepping in took away his moment to speak out.

His eyes followed the development with Bernkastel, listening on. Throughout the tangent, Vegetto stood by with a stern stare but after Zenta broke down Bernkastel’s behavior, the words cut through the fusion as if they were for him. His expression softened, the revelation that Bernkastel acted out because of grief in loss and a desperation to avoid being alone resonating within his own feelings. Vegetto watched on in silence, glancing down at the floor as a single line spoke volumes and struck him to the core.

You know your flaws but you fail to address them.

Vegetto glanced back towards the others, his eyes finding Bage first. The complaint drew within Vegetto’s deep memories, the words used similar to the angel that trained Kassava when he failed to teach her how to transform into a Super Saiyan properly.

You can’t berate her like this. She needs help, not humiliation.

Vegetto lifted his eyes in time to see Zenta approach, his stare maintaining its lightened look. The words did not rule or anger the fusion for the first time; he merely stared back into the visor with a tired look on his eyes. He did not move when Zenta grasped his shoulder. He glanced to the side once the beast finished speaking, his dual voice resonating with that exhaustion.

“You don’t understand what I lost. Maybe my pride has gotten out of control, but I don’t care about that recognition; I never did. I wanted to help...I was told it would help me feel better, to save people, but I never found anything to fill that shell.”

He glanced to the others, momentarily stopping on Gogeta, before continuing.

“I’m trying...but I hate that even now...those things I said back then, about how I feel...are still true. I hoped I could be your friend again and help, but I can’t just...fill that void so easily. She was apart of me.”

Vegetto glanced down, his eyes narrowing slightly in an attempt to focus but his pupils showed the empty void with his heart as he spoke in nearly a flat, monotone dual voice.

“Whenever things got tough, I always talked myself up to the challenge with her voice in my head. Now, I can’t hear her...or that...thing. The thing that would tell me to get out and fight. Move my feet, throw my fists, and bring down anything that got in my way.”

Vegetto glanced to the side, his empty eyes staring out towards the wall as he slightly shrugged his shoulders; an empty but firm stare remaining.

“I can’t hear her anymore.”

Vegetto stood in a clear daze after that, falling silent throughout the dispersion of his damning words being broadcast to the city. He stared on, barely registering the sudden sound of the nearest door entrance into the room being thrown open. Brask stormed through the first, some of the Rogues following after him. Each member held at the very least, a concerned and confused look on their faces. However some nearly matched the enraged expression of Brask, who angrily marched towards Vegetto and yelled in the Potara fusion’s ear promptly while Vegetto continued to space out.

“What the hell is going on here?! You fucking traitor, you turned on us?!”

Cayde sighed, speaking in a low voice mostly to himself.

“Oh boy, here we go.”

Gogeta’s hands suddenly reached out, scooping Bernkastel up by her armpits into the air. The fusion held the smaller witch at full arm’s length, closing his eyes and turning his head away with a timid expression as he held Bernkastel in the air.

“No more fighting please!”

Bernkastel let out a shocked gasp, completely stunned at how a mere movement of Vegetto's fingers around her fist completely evaporated the energy she just put into her arm. Stumbling backwards, she grasped at her numbed arm wincing at the burned skin.

"N-nothing happened? But how?! That's impossible...! What did you do to me?!" She demanded, stepping forward in reaction to his stance before being stopped by Bage. Being placed in the barrier, Bern flinched away from his forceful intervention. She had no real rebuttal for him or Brachi that could refute what they were saying. It was too personal for anyone to understand, so there was no point in talking. Placing her good hand on the barrier, Bern stared back firmly until Zenta moved in to take his place. Her eyes narrowed, standing her ground even though it perturbed her to be under an unnerving level of intimidation.

"What are you saying..." Once he put his hand on it, Bernkastel's expression changed to confusion at what he was about to do. Suddenly she felt herself sink into the floor, eyes widening with horror by being rendered immobile. The barrier above her pushing down with her trying to push against his force-- even using her back couldn't counter it for long. Bern stopped pushing back once Zenta started to speak the truth. Eyes wide, she immediately clamped her hands over her ears.

She opened her mouth as if she were screaming for Zenta to stop but it was completely inaudible. These words were the undeniable truth, yet it was torture just hearing them be spoken aloud. With the growing pressure exerted on her body she could do nothing to save herself. Shutting her eyes as if in pain Bernkastel held her breath desperately, like she was being suffocated by the crushing force. As soon as the pressure lifted, Bern put her hands over her head and curled her legs under herself, shivering all over.

She didn't raise her head even when prompted to, refusing to see the expressions of the others as a reaction. Even at her most vulnerable, the witch didn't want to be pitied by anybody so it was best for her not to look anyone in the face. "What other choice do I have if fear and power aren't the way? What else am I to do... if all I know is how to drive people away...?" Bern's voice was raspy and shook, as she stared at the floor beneath her.

Vegetto's response, however, finally got her to lift her head up a bit and look at him directly. The mannerisms and demeanor as he spoke caused her to stare at him in horror; seeing this alone instilled fear more than what Zenta had said to her. Vegetto looked just as he did on that day. "No... that's... that can't... be..." 

Berserk watched silently, wondering for a moment if she'd have ended up the same way if she didn't have her sisters growing up. She lifted her head toward the door, waiting only until the Rogues barged into the room to speak. "Well shit. guess we missed complementary breakfast."

"Vege--" Bern was cut off by suddenly being lifted up in the air by Gogeta, letting out little grunts and swinging her legs in a futile effort to squirm out of his grasp. "W..wait! Vegetto...!" She continued to stare at Vegetto, desperate to say something to him yet he was surrounded by his own men. Unsure of what was to happen next, she became silent out of hyperawareness that the entire thing was broadcast.

In a perfect symphony, the ending must be a spectacle of no other, a satisfying resolution. Lucifer using this method was not an attempt to end the conversation—he could care less about the squabbles between the Breakers, as long it does not cross the line, he deems undesirable. Rather, as he visibly remembers the conversation between Vegetto and Brask yesterday, he had decided to contest Vegetto’s stance after hearing his statements; and to end it such was, in his eyes, the spectacle worth of an ending. Just the mere sight of their faces after it dawned on them that their conversation had been aired out across the city, including controversial statements that can skewered one’s perceptions to another. Not being surprised that Vegetto’s men suddenly stormed the building and demanded answers, the angel leaned slightly forward: his blue eyes widened, his twisted smile, illustrating his level of confidence that has no equal in this room. His expression only plainly showcases his desire of putting Vegetto in a position when he addressed his men, regardless of how he chose to answer them. “So, Mister Vegetto. Take responsibility to tell these fine gentlemen on what you mean by letting them die.”

Throughout the scene, prior before the eventual reveal that Lucifer had broadcast their thoughts loudly across the city, Spina listened intensively to Vegetto's commentary on his reasons. Usually, Spina would interject into the conversation and say something along the lines that might've been taken differently, due to his inability to properly understand one's feelings. Just as he did with Cuki, Bernkastel and Gogeta when they were at their lowest moments. Now, due to a shift of change in his personality, Spina became apathetic entirely: what Vegetto is going through and his reasons did not leave an positive impression on the older Saiyan. Instead, it left him with the understanding that whatever fire Vegetto has right now when it comes to his ego and pride, is, in his own perspective, the only thing keeping this man together. It prompted him to have a smile, as he let out a small chuckle. "Ahh..." He let out a sound that sounds extremely arrogant as if Vegetto's previous statements is coming full circle. Swiftly, the other men rushed into the scene and surrounded fusion with anger and disappointment in their eyes. Pressure risen around his body as Spina crossed his arms—waiting to see what "Vegetto” will do.

As Brask demanded and swore for an answer, the room fell silent as his only true reply. Nothing the man presented immediately spurred Vegetto to react. A normal reaction by friends or between good teammates would illicit embarrassment in the matter, a desperate attempt to justify the words.

Yet Brask’s anger and presentation illicited nothing for the Potara fusion to feel. Vegetto let out a slow, long and heavy sigh as his lifted his head. His eyes turned to meet Brask’s head on, and for the first time, a cold aura mounted around Vegetto’s body in contrast to Spina’s heat. His eyes bore the same empty stare that resonated from earlier while his eyebrows sharpened into a glare, his dual voice disturbingly flat and curt.

“It’s a misunderstanding.”

Brask retreated a bit, the intimidating presence alone offsetting the normally once arrogant man for a brief moment. His first reaction was to turn to Cayde, a look of incredulous frustration in his face. Of course, the loud and obnoxious man wanted to speak further; the answer was hardly satisfying for the content provided and he wanted to shout and scream against the mere usage of the words. Yet he paused in staring back at Cayde.

The android frowned heavily; a somber stare in place of his normal aloof nature. In contrast to his attempted wit or direction of focus on matters, Cayde stood firmly with his own crossed arms and slowly shook his head from side to side at Brask.

Brask stood quietly for a moment, the anger building further in his pride being wounded in being silently told to stand down. His eyes turned back to Vegetto to study the fusion across the way, and found the warning Cayde referred to in seeing Vegetto’s gloved hands now balled into tight fists. That display was all Brask and the Rogues needed for the response given, and in an instant, the group left on their heels towards the door they arrived through.

Vegetto stared off to the side for a moment, having not even met Brask’s eyes after the initial statement and holding a look of indifference on his face. The reaction alone was purely instinctive, but the resolution was clear as day: had Brask continued his belligerence and frustrated complaints, Vegetto would have outright murdered the man. The satisfaction and good will he felt in his efforts to be a hero under Superman’s limited coaching had given some contrast to the void, as his exhaustion clearly showed that his statements weren’t completely true to the core. Yet in the display, Zenta’s words rung true: the man was a shell of the warrior who fought with the Breakers against Doom.

Cayde stood still, watching Vegetto’s movements with a natural tension despite his mechanical makeup. He leaned to the side a bit, trying to slightly enter Vegetto’s peripheral vision as he spoke.

“They’re probably going to leave for good this time, you know.”

Vegetto remained silent in reply, his eyes forward and the flat, cold expression giving no quarter.

“Are you going with them?”

Cayde unfolded his arms.

“Nah. I know what you were trying to do.”

His sarcastic and strange sense of humor no where to be found in his tone.

“I already told you I’m with you, no matter what happens.”

Vegetto inhaled sharply, the cold aura around his body fading away and some color returning to his eyes.

“Thanks Cayde.”

Brachi sighed as she watched this display going on.

"Well, things just keep escalating as it goes." Jize commented while she held her trident with the fork down to the ground, shaking her head at the display between Spina, Vegetto, Lucifer, Brask and anyone else involved.

"Story of our lives the moment we set foot in this accursed realm," Brachi muttered, "and the more I try to make sense of it all, the more headaches it gives me..."

"Any ideas you may have then?" Jize asked, "maybe the others may have ideas on their part?" 

Brachi shook her head.

"I just want all this non-sensical in-fighting to end. That's getting us nowhere except giving the true enemy more leeway to do as they please, perhaps laughing his head off at how pathetic he feels we are because of this. The antics from Mr. Match Box aka Lucifer isn't helping us except expose how flawed we are, when he should also do something good for once and show how flawed the enemies are on their turn. Perhaps with some intel we can get an understanding on the enemy's capabilities and find ways to counter them. Bage should still have those bottles with him, right? Maybe we can try to at least find more of those in order to learn more about this Red Dictator and give him his comeuppance." Brachi replied.

"You mean the Red King?" Jize asked with a frown.

"Any ruler who does NOT properly look after their subjects or does not rule them fairly with the wisdom befitting of one does not deserve to have that title, Jize. Any ruler whom oppresses their subjects and/or makes sure their will is enforced by any means necessary is a dictator, plain and simple. Do you remember Scout? Xeno's biological father whom she had cut all ties with because of what he has done to her and the people of Earth altogether? He's a PERFECT example of a dictator." Brachi retorted.

As the situation diminished, Zenta watched Brask and the others leave. Whether or not another argument started, he would have no part in this one, at least he hoped not. Luckily nothing ever erupted from the confrontation and a small sigh of relief was heard from the beast. He listened intently to what came from the two Breakers, practically ignoring Brask's entrance for the most part. He was careful with how to put the pieces together and remained silent for a moment, at least up until the small group left. Once everything was calm in the room, he spoke out in a tranquil voice, starting with Vegetto.

"I know what it is like to walk around feeling as if you are missing a part of yourself," Zenta said with a frown. "It is not something time alone can heal, unfortunately, but it is something that you have control of, despite what it seems. Time may lend you a hand in the healing process but only you can mend to the stitches of your wound. While Mrs. Kassava may not be here with us, she continues to live on in your memories. She motivates you to become stronger, and you clearly have. As long as you continue to think about her, she will never die as long as she lives on in here," He gently rose a finger to tap Vegetto's forehead then to his chest.

The beast's frown turned to a smile as he tried his best to help the Fusion through his hard time.

"I understand it is painful Vegetto, but I believe that you can overcome this. We all experience difficulties in our lives, but it is how we handle these moments that determine who we are. It is not easy, but you do not have to do this alone, at least, not anymore," Zenta moved to the side to show Vegetto the Breakers, both new and old. "Even Cayde is willing to stick by your side. No matter how small your problem is, I will be sure to lend you a hand, or a tail." He chuckled to himself. "Point is, you must give yourself the chance to heal, Vegetto. Let your mind and body heal and you will no longer feel like an empty shell, I promise you." The beast gave Vegetto a comforting pat on his back before walking away. "I speak from experience because I know what it is like to lose a wife as well."

Zenta then casually, but carefully, made his way over to Bernkastel. He gently took her small hand into his own and tried to calm her down. Hearing her frustration placed a weight on his shoulders similar to when she was fake crying.

"I disagree that you constantly drive people away, Bernkastel. While I cannot speak for your relationship with Vegetto, I can for Cuki. I have never once blamed you for what happened that day. You did your best in order to have her stay. Despite what Cuki says, it is not your fault and it never will be. Cuki simply could not accept that you warmed up quickly to Gogeta rather than to her, she was simply a child throwing a tantrum. Her jealousy clouded her mind and took control-- along with Byakko's shenanigans. She desperately wanted the attention you gave Gogeta, that she completely mistook your relationship with him. I can understand why but it had nothing to do with you," He continued to hold the Witch's hand as he looked down at it. "Before Cuki left, she told me to keep everyone here safe, especially you, Bernkastel. She left not because you placed fear over her but rather because she wanted to stop hurting you." There was a slight pause before he let out a sigh. "She still cared about you in the end, she just... has an odd way of showing it."

"And besides, I do not fear you in any way. You were one of the first people to actually show respect to me, despite our controversial beginnings in Doom's castle. You did not see a vile and disgusting beast but rather, a person. You gave me a chance, and for that, I can never fully repay you. The kindness you showed me is one I will never forget. That is why I choose to stay with you. It is not that fear and power is the only thing you understand, but rather, you are inexperienced with kindness and compassion and how to react to it."

Zenta leaned in closer to Bernkastel, pressing his forehead to hers as he gently cupped his hands on her cheeks. Despite her flailing, he did not mind if she hit him. His voice lowered to a whisper, mostly for Bernkastel to hear but whether or not she chose to was up to her. The beast seemed to protect her, even while she was in Gogeta's arms.

"I may not understand your feelings, but you are not this horrible person you see yourself to be. You are used to fear and power that things like compassion and kindness are new to you. Just because you may not know how to react or what to say does not mean you are bad. You simply need to keep trying and learn new things one step at a time. Do not give up and don't be scared to strive for improvement. I want what is best for you but you must overcome the fear of failure." He smiled before pulling away from Bernkastel and cupping her cheeks in his hands. "Don't be scared of changing your beliefs, Bernkastel. I know you are capable of being a kind person, after all, you showed compassion to a beast like me. Why not give yourself a miracle for once, my Lady?"

Zenta moved away from Bernkastel and placed his hands behind his back. Whether or not the two listened to his words or ignore him was up to them, but he gave them, at least, something to think about. He bowed his head to both Vegetto and Bernkastel, almost as if apologizing for his outburst to them earlier. As he returned to his spot next to Lucifer, there was an uncomfortable silence in the room. Avalon shifted on his feet slightly as he watched Zenta talk to the two on a personal level. He found out that Zenta had a wife and lost her as well. There were many things he did not know about the beast despite being from the same universe but the things Zenta told him last night made him wonder how much he knew.

He lowered his head slightly but looked up towards Bernkastel and Vegetto before lowering his gaze back to the floor. Finally, the ninja spoke up, breaking the silence that formed.

"Just take it one step at a time you guys," He scratched the back of his head, his cheeks turning light blue from his sheepishness. He seemed bashful but seemed to genuinely care about the two, despite Vegetto's actions the other day. "Uhh... it's like Zenta said, we're here for you guys. So no need to feel gloomy, alright?"

There was a small growling noise that came from Avalon which seemed to brighten up his cheeks even more. He placed a hand on his stomach, trying to stop the noise.

"Look, let's grab a bite to eat. I'm pretty sure we're all starving. We should probably tell Vegetto what we know about the Xy'phers so he's up to date, y'know? I can entertain you guys by tellin' you a legend from my universe if that helps take our minds off things," Avalon turned to Zenta and held up his scroll. "Since we're from the same universe, maybe you heard of the legend? The legend of the monster that nearly destroyed everything?"

"Hmm, I have heard a few tales in my time but I never heard the whole story."

"Great! You'll love it since the end is the best part!" Avalon then turned to Berserk. "You'll like it too. It's got tons of violence and fighting so maybe it'll rile you up to beat up the Red King even harder. This monster... man, it was something that completely personified chaos, something I think that might interest Lucifer... I swear if I ever saw that monster I'd give him the one-two!" He punched the air in front of him. "So let's just eat something and rest up. Cayde, think we can have some of this ramen you like?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom