The Reality Vortex: Doom Saga

Status
Not open for further replies.
Byakko decided to casually float over to the Breakers, watching Doom wither in his own defeat. He did not seem very impressed at the Doom the Breakers had to fight, in fact, he did not understand why Doom gave them such a hard time, but he was no going to speak up, at least not now. Byakko's mist followed him, and as the battle finally ended, the mist started to absorb back into his body, finally making the being physical in appearance. He stood on top of his mist like an entitled snob before walking down some invisible steps to be at ground level. The mist behind him vanished and he finally made his appearance to the Breakers. He acted casual, trying not to raise too many alarms. 

"My, my, that was certainly embarrassing," Byakko said to Doom. "I guess even people of your caliber find someone they cannot match against. Losing hurts, doesn't it~?"

Byakko fluffed the white fur pelt over his shoulders and held up his hand. a small trickle of mist escaped his sleeve and formed a long and narrow smoking pipe. He placed the tip to his mouth, carelessly watching the Breakers and their actions before puffing out a light blue smoke from his mouth.

"So is this fight truly over?"

"Not that you deserve it but... I guess it's because the people you erased just now were... our friends."

Bernkastel wiped the tears from her eyes with a thumb; the concept of experiencing complex emotions like loss had become foreign to her until this moment. But she didn't quite understand why she was crying and couldn't connect it to the invisible weight sitting in her chest.

"They had us to avenge and fight you in their stead. But you've been alone-- the ones who you sent to fight for you didn't look like they were your friends. Not even the tattooed kid who turned his back on us called himself your friend. Just using each other for your own ends out of convenience." She said with a grimace. "It could have been us, but the circumstances changed us; even if we might not ever end up being able to go back to our universes... we'll still have each other until nobody is left. I believe that now more than ever. But for you, there is nothing else to do but make you pay your fair share of the cost in order to make that new world." Bernkastel placed a hand on Spina's shoulder to support herself as she felt her knees weaken.

Doom narrowed his eyes after everyone of them answered. There was a moment of silence from the doctor, then mouth opened slightly, drifting into a full-blown laughter. “Won’t tell me!? I don’t deserve it?!” Doom’s laugh rang hollow in the space of exploding heavenly objects around him. Doom’s eyes was losing its green’s color, shifting to black more prominently. After a full-on minute of his laughter, Spina stepped forward.

“Keep on chuckling, this is in the end of the line.” Spina struggled to lift his arm up. He turned to Bernkastel putting her hand on his shoulders. “As Bernkastel said, you made a damn mistake of killing our friends.”

“Yes… I can see it that much. A foolish mistake on my part. You bested me in battle, Breakers.” Doom lowered his head, eyes focusing on the ground. His body was slowly fading away, but he chuckle once more. “I created a new world, in the image of my ideals; I didn’t need deadweight; I left an mark on most of you that will never heal, and best of all, I diminished half of you… Yet…” Doom overheard Raune’s statement at the end. “Yes… even when I won the war of this battle, I still lost… even when everything goes right… or wrong, sometimes, you still lose…” Doom said as a sentiment to himself, but towards the Breakers themselves. The doctor fell over—before hitting the ground, his body fades into nothingness. What remains afterwards was a two-sided coin, with the image of Doom in the front and his name on the back.

Spina lowered his guard and panted heavily from sheer exhaustion. This wasn’t a victory. This was a tragedy. “Cuki and the others…” He made sure to hold Bernkastel up, so she won’t fall on her weaken knees. “The fight is done, but at what cost?” He turned his attention when Cross approached them with the Voice who had the tools and the orb in his tiny hands.

“Voice…” Spina asked with utter disgust in his voice, seeing Byakko’s causal manner of smoking the long pipe in their direction. “Is there a way we can bring everyone back and returned things back to normal? Be honest.”

The voice clears his throat. “Well… every damage you received during the time my powers was suppressing everything… yeah, they won’t be healed at all. No one across the cosmos will heal these injuries… they’ll battle wounds for you to bare. Other words, these are permanent additions on your bodies. Forever.... so, get used to that. As for your fallen friends… there’s a possibility, but with the influence of dark energy at its rawest form, there’s a chance that they won’t come back at all.”

Vegetto lowered his arm fully, dispersing the energy at the end of his palm in seeing Doom fade away. His solemn stare broke once more at the mention of revival, his head turning to the Voice.

"But there is a chance?! What do we need to do?"

"I will NOT HEAR ANYTHING about our friends NOT coming back!" Brachi said sternly, not in the mood to hear any more bad news, "so, what is this possibility of them being able to? Do we have to dissipate this dark energy somehow?"

Byakko stared at the coin that remained of Doom and gently called his mist to bring it to him. The mist slowly lifted the coin and placed it in his hand. He examined it, flipping the coin between his fingers as he continued to take in the mystical fumes from his pipe. 

"My, my, is this all that's left of Doom?" Byakko chuckled. "How boring. A trinket for someone to keep, a collectible. Such a sad way to go for someone so fearsome~"

Byakko held on to the coin, deciding to keep it for now. He glanced at the others and listened to Voice and his explanation of how to save the others. 

"Ah, so you are more capable than you seem. If you were so mighty, why did you not escape when I stalled you from obtaining the orb?" Byakko smirked. "Either way, you better bring those missing people back, the Breakers won't accept your failures little Voice."

"Cuki's gone too? But she was just there when it happened." Bernkastel whispered at Spina in disbelief, looking around to see that the entire time she was practically seeing red, there was no such Cuki in sight. Just the strange man standing before them. "But then... who?" She whispered in a quiet voice, having never seen him before and had no idea how he ended up with them. It was a brief moment of confusion until she heard the Voice speak up about what was to be expected now that Doom was done with, staring at the coin. It made her eyes snap out of the red trance they were in.

"If there's a chance, we'll take it!" Bern quickly spoke up in agreement, desperate even. "I'll do anything..." She started to tremble as she clamped a hand over her eyes, feeling the stinging sensation behind her eyes again. "Anything to get them back..." Her voice was barely intelligible and came out barely above a whisper but anyone close to her would hear it. 

"Just give Lambda back to me..." She quietly begged nobody in particular since it was Doom's beam that had caused the erasures.

Raune watched as Doom faded away, before looking down and closing his eyes, almost in shame. He listened to Vegetto and Brachi's anguished declarations. His ears twitched hearing Byakko talk to himself, opening eye to see him pocketing the coin. His ears twitched again, hearing Bern talk about the missing Cuki.

Even she's gone. Forget the new guy. Kass. Vegeta. Cuki. They're all gone.

Raune lifted his head up and opened his eyes, starting to move forward.

"Hey! Guy who looks a lot like Schnee Storm! If that coin turns out to be important, I'm going to need it!" He shouted to Byakko, referencing someone who was probably erased along with countless universes. As he moved to the front of the group, he looked to the new universe Doom had created.

"Sometimes... Sometimes... Sometimes, you still lose. Sometimes you still lose. Sometimes you still..." Raune muttered to himself over and over again, before looking to his gloves. Two dead time Remnants. Erased by Doom. And yet he was still standing. He was still standing. And there was a new universe over there. "Sometimes, you still lose..." He repeated, realization sparking in his eye as he looked up and back to the group.

"Everyone! I think I might have an idea of what we could do to try and fix this situation! But first." He looked to the Voice. "We need to know what has to be done to bring back the fallen in this battle. I have an idea to fix everything else wrong with what Doom created, but only you know how we can bring back the people Doom erased in this, void between realities."

“I have no idea who that man is…” Spina stared at him, hearing that his injuries is a permanent thing. Their scars will forever be reflected of what transpired in their battle against Doom—and will never heal to its fullest ever again. “But is there a chance!? Maybe we can bring Cuki and get this joker out of here?!”

“There’s nothing any of you lot can do right now, so please calm down before you do something rash. You all have exhausted yourselves, right? Only I have the power to do this… so I suggest you back off, Breakers. First… let me regain my powers that placing pressure on you.” The voice turned to Byakko. “Listen, Male-Cuki, you’re a lot of talk! I was incredibly weakened at that time! I’ll show you…” The voice touched the orb, causing it to glow brightly. All the energy around the Breakers across the dying ocean of cosmos, surged back into the orb, then went straight into the voice’s body. Turning his greyish color back to his usual pink self as he always been.

“There…” The voice said, feeling in top condition. “I got my powers back… Your abilities is back now… but healing your wounds… yeah. Those battle scars are permanent. Cross’ healing. Bernkastel’s healing. Brachi’s regenerative healing. None of them it will fix that. Those are there forever.” Voice warned. “…Now for the tools.” Doom used the tools to grant him the ability to absorb the voice’s powers to the fullest. He picked it up and opened the tool, which was a small box with a locked on it. As it shows, it was nothing more than a singular nail—a small nail inside the box.

“Ah… there it is…” The voice said. 

“A… nail?” Spina was confused upon laying eyes upon the object. All this time, the content within the tools was nothing more than a nail.

“Before you guys go off your rockers… this is critical for me.” Voice said. “My original body… I’ll finally be able to exercise my fullest potential. And maybe, just maybe, we might bring your friends, but I suggest you guys back off a bit from your position.” Voice warned, placing the nail towards the center on his head, then pushing through afterwards, causing his body to glow “Now.”

Brachi immediately hopped a distance backwards, wanting to give Voice the room he needed to exercise his abilities. She could deal with her battle wounds; as her Saiyan biology is concerned due to having part Saiyan blood, it would only make her stronger when she was fully recovered. But now, having at least Majin Bara and Lady Gervene back was her main concern, and then she wanted her universe back.

Raune immediately speed off from where Voice's location was. Shows him to get prideful enough to control the situation and then beg Voice for help.

Typical Raune. Vegetto was right. Speed King is an appropriate name considering how quickly I rush into things and with how much trouble my ego's caused me this entire time I've been in the Vortex.

Arriving by Brachi, still without his mask, Raune looked off to the newly formed universe.

What was it Grandma Raven said? Right. Yes. He held together the universe, until it's dying breath. But that, was just with one power. If one Speedster could, with outside help, radically alter the timeline... He looked down at his hand, a spark of Speedforce energy converging off of it. What could I do?

"Oh, this coin?" Bykko flashed the Doom coin tauntingly. "I don't like to give out my toys to strangers. Maybe when I'm bored, I'll hand it to you."

Byakko's mist gently lifted the being and moved him across the area to a safer place, away from the Voice. He seemed unphased by what the Voice said to him earlier. It was unsure if Byakko was careless or a bit too proud. His expression was either demented or uncaring, so it was hard to put a proper label on him.

Vegetto lept back as well, his eyes narrowed with a small frown in a serious stare, waiting to see what came of the Voice's powers.

"Us too... there's no telling what's about to happen next since I've never seen anything he's done in action." Bern said as she backed away a sizeable distance away from the Voice, keeping her scythe out as a means of grounding in the event of unexpected wind pressures. "But I was thinking the tools would look a little more impressive than that."

The voice’s body flung straight up towards the sky as the nail merged within the pink blob. In an instant, after a bright pink light, it expanded dramatically—so much that it completely trump all the Breakers and the new world, in terms of size. In mere seconds, the body was formed, a pink machine with destructive energy surging throughout. The awesome might of the true and fullest potential of Voice’s true power.

[video=youtube]

[align=center]
97EjS0t.jpg

Pink steams blowing out of its machine-like body as surviving celestial bodies was forced to gravitational pull, it raised his am upwards, flat out absorbing all the celestial bodies, including few universes that survived into the palm of his hand. He crushed them with so much force, it condensed into a ball of solid matter. He tossed it forward, as it orbited around the new world like a moon. “Vortex Moon…”

“T-that’s the voice!?” Spina’s eyes narrowed.

“Yes… finally, back in my body. I can feel the energy surging through me once again.” Voice stared at his hands. “Ah… I possessed the ability to bring beings back to life, even if they are erased from total existence. For example,… I probably bring back…” Two coins formed within his fingertips and flipped them towards the ground near Spina and Bernkastel. These coins had Zenta and Bara respectively.

Spina witnessed that he was able to easily twirls the fabric of all celestial bodies as if they were nothing and seeing that he was able to bring at least two back. “Then, you can bring our friends and our universes back, right!?”

The voice turned to Spina and the rest of the Breakers. Seeing their faces of desperation, their faces of wanting their families, friends and loved ones returned to them. “No.”

Spina’s eyes widened when the Voice declared his answer. “What do you mean, no!?”

“No. One, I can bring back one, maybe two, but the rest? They’re gone. Dark Energy often does that. Meaning, they’re gone. Dead. Forever. Disappeared for good. Out with the wind, they say. And two, I have no desire to bring back any of your universes.” The voice pointed his finger at the new universe that Doom created in the back. “The universe that doctor made… is a collection of vast numbers. Countless beings under my domain. That means, they will finally see my worth for once.” Voice said, referring “they” as another group. The voice looks down on the Breakers. “So tough luck Breakers, you just have to get use to it. You’re lucky I even brought back two, out of mercy and thanks for getting my body back. Of course, when someone "dies" in here, they often turned into coins, and it takes a while for them to re-spawn." The Voice chuckled and shrugged his shoulders.

Vegetto's wide eyes were turned up, hearing the Voice's full explanation. His eyebrows instantly narrowed, the desperate rage boiling over as he clenched his fists together.

"Then why didn't you bring back my wife?!"

He grit his teeth together.

"She means more than they ever will! Bring her back right now!!"

Brachi blinked at that, seeing Bara turned into a coin.

"It's great to have my bestie Bara back, but what about Lady Gervene? She's responsible for upholding the balance in my universe! If she's gone, then that means Jize, the Supreme Kai her life is linked to is gone too. So, in that essence, having Bara back is not enough for me; I want Lady Gervene back too, as well as any of my other friends from my universe, as well as the rest of our comrades!" She said.

Byakko chuckled to himself as he watched the coins flop in front of the ground. He noticed the name on one of the coins, Zenta, and it instantly made him roll his eyes. He did not seem at all impressed or phased by Voice or his tactics, nor did he care about the fate of the others. He took a step back, silently watching the group as they fight over who was more worthy of coming back. A wicked grin formed on his face as he listened to the cries of the Breakers as he casually lifted his pipe to his lips, puffing out a blue mist.

Oh my, I guess I was right to think the emotions of mortals are rather fickle. Did you hear that little Cuki, the values of others weigh more than your efforts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom