The Reality Vortex: Doom Saga

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brachi was panting as the energy wave died down, having remained in her Super Saiyan Blue Evolved form for the time being, while here and there were veins visible on her forehead, bare arms and legs, but for now showing no signs of powering down, at least not until she felt it was finally over and both Gervene, Bara and especially her universe had been avenged for her, as well as her other allies whom had fallen so suddenly because of Doom.

Vegetto panted heavily, his arms lowering slightly. As the beautiful colors and lights erupted forth at Doom's demise, Vegetto floated with his silver hair and ragged gi flapping in the wind. He remained still, and with each passing second, his frown and expression grew only more solemn at the display. The silver gleam in his eyes faded away along with the blast, as if the wind itself were cleansing his body of Ultra Instinct entirely as his hair reverted back to the black color it normally had.

He stared down, not acknowledging the figure knelt down below, and momentarily broke his solemn stupor once Spina spoke. His expression lightened a bit, but his frown remained.

"Thanks...you weren't so bad your-"

Vegetto stopped mid sentence, seeing Spina fall forward and turned slightly at the hip, his right arm reaching out to catch Spina from falling onto the ground. He floated down with the old Saiyan to the nearest debris of rock floating around the area. Gently lowering him onto the floor, Vegetto soon pulled back and turned to his side. His eyes turned out to what remained floating above, but his chin soon turned down and his eyes to the floor with his heavy frown.

"This...isn't fun anymore."

Cross says to the voice "you're welcome Voice." Cross says looking at the fight with doom "I gest they are finish as well."

Byakko watched Voice slip from between his fingers and grab the orb, but then again, he was not phased in the slightest. He silently gazed at the finishing moves between Doom and the Breakers, knowing the fight was coming to an end. He let out a sigh, assuming his fun was going to end.

"Ah, it looks as if this fight is finished," Byakko yawned. "It was fun while it lasted..."

"Is it... is it over?" Bern clung to the handle of her scythe as a means of standing herself up due to the exhaustion starting to override her body. She refused to relax a muscle, looking around everywhere expecting another surprise to happen. Like Brachi her guard wasn't wavering.

"Did we get the orb back?... huh?" Bernkastel paused in the middle of her question, touching her cheek with her fingers because she felt a  warm stinging sensation in her eyes. She pulled her hand back and saw the fingertips were wet.

"What is this?" She kept her gaze trained on the still figure while furiously wiping at her face with her sleeve in complete puzzlement.

"Why are... my eyes so wet?"

Spina coughed loudly, landed on the floor as the aching pain intensified on his only arm. “Thanks…” He turned to Bernkastel, seeing her formed tears. “Yes…” Spina remembered Cuki’s faint voice for a split-second. Wasn’t it all in his head or did Cuki spoke to them? The old Saiyan shook his head. “Yeah, it’s finally over. Doom is done for. It's okay to weep without worry...” 

“Tell me this Breakers.”

Spina narrowed his eyes, turning around instantly to see the kneeling figure, Doom, all scorched up across his body, speaking to them. But Spina calm down, realizing that he sent no hostility nor malicious intent from Doom anymore. His powers, his movements, everything regarding Doom. Doom was truly done.

“I… I have everything in the palm of my hands. It’s was completely impossible for me to lose… and yet, here I am… kneeling while you fools continue to stand…” Doom lifted his head with all his might as his body started to fade. “Why did I lose…?” Behind him was the new world shining brightly, unaffected by the explosion death of galactic stars continuing in the background.

Spina gritted his teeth but turned to the others to ensure them they won’t simply attack him.

=====

The voice poke Cross. “Hey, bring me closer to them group… hope you found those tools too. They’re somewhere around here…” He was quite annoyed that Byakko was attempting to extend the fight, but at the same time, curious about this new stranger.

as Cross head toads the group the voice noticed the Tools in its hands. Cross says "Now the question is how bitter or sweet this victory is for them."

Vegetto's eyes snapped open a bit at the sound of Doom's voice, his head turning towards the source. His glare immediately returned, the fire reminiscent of Ultra Instinct and his rage combined clear in his expression.

His right arm raised, forming another small blast of blue energy at the palm of his hand, his dual voice dark and cold.

"You don't deserve to know."

The energy continued to grow, Vegetto's glare still strong in maintaining the energy despite Spina stepping in the way a bit.

Raune walked into the clearing of Breakers, his mask removed and looking exhausted, both weapons holstered at his side.

"I don't know what kept me from finding the tools, but it's like I was made into a dog faunus and chased my own tail in the cosmic, technicolor chaos. Regardless, nice job destroying the Doctor." He addressed to the group, giving a glance towards Vegetto.

This was never about being fun.

"I don't know why you lost Doom. I don't know. But." He looked up from Doom's fading body to the new world behind him. "'The strong die, the weak survive. Those are the rules.' Maybe, your death paved the way for the weak to survive. You did create a new world after all. But that world was born from death. And all things must die." Or maybe. Sometimes, you still lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom