The Paris Opera House [Original]

"You know we're going to free them, right?" Vent points out.

"Once we're done. Until then, what's your plan?" Nanashi asks.

They catch up to Vincent and Dark Gunner.

"Assist until execution. Now, where are we going?"

"Free. On the way there, tell us what you need help with." Vent states.

Nanashi looks around.

"This looks like an ordinary Opera House. I assume there's more to it?" he questions.

"Indeed. There's plenty more." The Dark Gunner said darkly. The two began to walk down to the lower levels, passing the levels dedicated to their mercenaries.

"These men are some of the finest I've ever met." The Dark Gunner said. "Wholesome and dedicated, even if they're only here for the dollar."

"Money can convince almost anyone for the right amount." Nanashi adds. "Vent is the only person I know willing to work for free."

"Money isn't everything, my friend. I'm sure your men are hard and trustworthy workers." Vent responds.

"As much as mercs can be."

"Says the ninja." Vent jokes.

"One of our founding members was a mercenary. In fact, he's Jacen's father." The Dark Gunner said as they entered the prison. Vincent and the two put their hands on their guns. Sylvanas was in a glass cell of sort, shackled to the wall. Her undead body was repaired, but her weapons stripped.

Nanashi noticed the two gripping their weapons.

"In their own base?" he think before readying one of his own.

"Why's she shackled and in a cage? Are you guys really that scared of her? [Beginning scan now.] Keep it quiet.[/] [Understood.]" Vent questions.

"We've seen similar in our area, though this is more restraint than torture."

"She's a killer, an undead, and bait for Jacen. The last thing she deserves is comfort." Vincent said.

"And we cannot allow her to walk free." The Dark Gunner warned. "For the sake of justice, for the sake of vengeance. For the sake of the Meeting."

"So, calling her a killer justifies you to be killers? Not buying it." Vent argues.

"She's only restrained for now, Vent. Let's see how this plays out. What do you need from her so badly?" Nanashi asks.

"Gunner. Go check on her. I'll explain." Vincent said to his leader who nodded, and moved to Sylvanas. The two engaged in conversation while Vincent turned towards Vent and Nanashi.

"We need two things of Sylvanas. The first is to put her in a grave and force her soul to move onto the next world. And the other is to be bait for her master, Jacen. A bit back we had an, undead problem. When the monster here was destroyed, everyone in the building recieved a vision of a man in an inferno. Long story short this man wants Jacen for nefarious purposes." Vincent explained.

"You need her soul to move on and a man in an inferno." Vent repeats, looking at Nanashi.

"Sounds like we needed Nova and Eve here. Not much you or I could do about that. Your light based powers could probably do more than my dark." Nanashi adds.

"Mine aren't holy though. We would need Eve. We're at a loss without her purification. Nova could easily deal with a fire user. Even Tech could work."

"It's just us, though. We'll have to rely on our new allies."

Vincent chuckled.

"No you see, it's a bit more complicated then that. The man is on a flaming comet en route to Booga. He's a powerful alien wizard. But we can't be too sure of anything until we use Jacen to get a lock on him."

"The man is riding here on a comet? We could definitely use Nova and Blud then. Interesting mode of travel though." Vent laughs.

"You need to track someone riding on a comet? You're gonna have to tell us everything, as that doesn't sound that hard to see." Nanashi points out.

"Us not being completely certain of what's coming is the only reason Sylvanas is still alive." Vincent said. "Although when we get Jacen here, we'll find out soon enough. Then try and execute them."

"Can't really execute someone who's already dead. You have to purify them so their soul moves on." Nanashi points out.

"Is Jacen also an undead?" Vent asks, scan complete.

"Some undead you just need to put enough bullets in them and they stop being anchored here." The Dark Gunner said walking back.

"No." Vincent replied to Vent. "Just an average necromancer."

"Then I cannot allow you to kill him." Vent says.

"This isn't our fight, Vent. We're new here. Stay calm and we'll figure something out." Nanashi argues.

A shuriken forma in the latter's hand. It spins casually.

"Funny you would defend a man who is condemned by a sociopath." Vincent said with a chuckle.

"Look, if we can prove Jacen and Sylvanas are murderers under a fair court, will you drop your intentions of freeing them?" The Dark Gunner asked.

"A sociopath doesn't like him? Compelling argument." Vent jokes. "And yes, if you can prove their guilt, we won't cross swords...so to speak."

"I assume they understand the phrase." Nanashi says. "How and when do we start searching for this Jacen?"

Back
Top Bottom