The Paris Opera House [Original]

"At the cost of the merc, I am." Vala thrust the staff towards the Reliquary. "Ashes to ashes, you I blind for your sins!" The circle of runes glowed white and flashed several beams of bright energy at the Reliquary.

Thanks to Vala's efforts, the Reliquary was blinded and floated still, and utterly destroyed by Vali's blasts. The mercs looked at the disnigrating remains of the Reliquary, before falling to thief knees. Pain washed over the entirety of the room.

Vincent fell to his knees as well, crying out in pain. Visions washed over the Meeting of the Dark and their various mercs, showing a man in white and gold robes, face obscured, standing on a burning comet of sorts.

"THE BURNING END WILL COME!" Said the figure, before the visions ended.

"Wh-whoa! Vala, you did it!" Excalik went over there to congratulate her. "And that other guy too"

"Y-yeah..." Vala looked at her dormant staff and gripped it. "I... f-feel pins and needles all overmy skin. What was that?..." She couldn't tell if it was an aftereffect of her spell or just the adrenaline fading, or something else. "L-let's let the owner know and collect our reward to head back for a report."

Excalik seems to be confused of Vala's appearance. "Are.. you sure you're alright? Excalik question. He turns to the side, of the fallen merc. He went down on one knee and place his hand over his chest. "May the Gods guide you." Excalik stood up again, turning to Vincent. "Hey, is that's what we came here for?"

Vincent looked at Z before nodding at Excalik.

"Well done in disposing of this abomination in my household. I thank you all." He nodded towards the remaining mercs.

"Get these poor men out of here and slated for a proper burial. They did their jobs well." He then turned back to the ones responsible for the kill.

"Now you two, this was a test to see if the Crescent Hunters Guild could be a viable place to outsource, and you've proven that. I do not consider you to join our operatives in the organization that runs this place, but we will post jobs from time to time there for we could always use extra hands. Now tell me, would you prefer to be paid in currency, or in a magical artifact from our stores?" He asked. Vincent then turned towards Vali.

"You however, my informants have agreed you are not a part of the guild, and thus not elligable for the reward. Your power is extraordinary, however. Who are you?"

"What a waste of my time.." Vali sighed as he turned towards the exit. "By the way, the name's Vali Lucifer." With that, Vali walked out of the opera house, mostly ignoring Vincent apart from when he asked him what his name was.

"I would prefer money. Unless the artifact itself is sellable for a portion of money." Vala said, having shaken off the feeling for now. "We can share the profit regardless." She looked at Excalik for his opinion.

"Lucifer?" Excalik thought. "What a strange name for a person; might need to avoid that one." Excalik turns to Vala when she looked for an opinion. "That's fine by me. I usually don't care for awards, so Vala you can have most of it if you wished."

"Thank you. I need it for my living expenses." Vala said, accepting the reward. "Now, let's get back to Valerie with the report. Good thing that was quick." She wanted to leave quickly. She felt greatly unsettled by killing the Reliquary. Not from the act, but she felt something that haappened from its death.

"As you wish." Excalik replied. "Hopefully this quick action is nothing to to considered fully admitted to the guild."

Excalik took a deep breath as Vala question if he could handle the portal again. "Worry not, the last time just.. caught me by surprise. I'll get use to it.. I hope." Excalik sweated a bit as he enter the portal.

"Ahhh~!"

Z quickly yanked one strand of hair from Vincent's head and seemed to follow Vala and Excalik through the portal. She seemed to want to follow them but at the same time, stay hidden. She held onto Vincent's lone strand of hair and wrapped it around her large purple pencil.

"This should differentiate me from the Original~" She whispered to herself.

"Where are we going?" Vent asks.

"I can get a layout of the place once we're inside, but we'll still need you to lead us in the right direction." Nanashi adds.

"R.O.C.K. on!" Vent armors up.

Back
Top Bottom