The Paris Opera House [Original]

"Sadly we're waiting on Jacen to come for his servant. He cares for her dearly." Vincent said. The Dark Gunner turned towards Slyvanas.

"Tell them about all of the innocents with their blood on your hands!" He yelled.

"Please help me! Please!" She cried back to Vent.

"If I hear hers, I want to hear yours as well." Nanashi argues.

"As of right now, we're taking what you say with a grain of salt. Cowards and weaklings kill as their first resort. You seem to have no issue with it. Miss Sylvanas, please share what has happened so we can help everyone out however we can." Vent states.

"I've never hurt an innocent." Sylvanas declared.

"Lies, lies and lies!" The Dark Gunner replied. Vincent sighed.

"A shame she's a perfect lier. I suppose we'll have to bring you to the safehouse to show you what we have." Vincent complained.

"For the record, I've hurt innocents. Maybe killed a few. But that, was on Cradle. Now. Anyone I hurt, innocent or not, there's a reason." The Dark Gunner said.

"Tch. There's always a reason, isn't there?" Nanashi scoffs, shaking his head.

"After we're done here, I'm gonna have to take you in on the authority of the Guardians. You just admitted to killing innocent people. I'll be bringing her in if she has done the same, but you need to prove she has." Vent explains.

He flashes his badge and looks back towards the cell.

"Get ready, Nanashi. Don't release her until we're certain she's innocent."

"I'm not the naive one who gets us into trouble. I've been on my guard. This Jacen character should be here soon, no?"

"I don't think you understand. Those innocents I hurt on Isoria are a different planet entirely. Do you have the jurdistiction to act on be-" The Dark Gunner began to say before being cut off by Vincent.

"Master, please. Just let them take you in. If you are about to die, simply do what you always do." Vincent said. The Dark Gunner sighed.

"Fine." He said. Vincent shook his head and moved to the door.

"If you want to see our case, follow me." He said before leaving.

"Nanashi, I'll stay here." Vent says, watching the cell.

"Understood."

Nanashi disappears into the shadows to follow the Dark Gunner.

"You may have a certain way of doing things at your home, but we're just about sick of innocent people dying for the 'greater good.' Only seems to ever come from evil people." Vent says, not looking in Vincent's direction.

The Dark Gunner lead Nanashi to the island in the lake of the Opera House, where inside the safehouse he showed pictures of bodies and undead and a trail left throughout the country side.

"The zombies, arrows, and slash marks all match Jacen and Sylvanas' abilities. Considering I took them on back at Port Graham."

---

"But what if that innocent person is known to be guilty to a select few?" Vincent asked. "That's why we exist. To kill those like that, who made themselves untouchable."

"And you can prove without a shadow of a doubt that this was them?" Nanashi asks. "Don't misunderstand us. We don't trust them anymore than we trust you. We've just had experience dealing people who believe what they're doing is right, despite the body count they leave in their justice."

"Then they're not innocent and we'll bring them to justice. Firing into a crowd to stop a killer isn't right. Destroying a city to save it is counterproductive. If your goal is met at the cost of your principles...sorry. I was starting to sound like my boss." Vent says, his scan of Sylvanas complete.

"Understandable." The Dark Gunner said. "But once we get Jacen in here, I should have an easier time proving it."

---

"We don't do that. I understand the point, but we exist as scapegoats. We are the boogeyman. Our principles... This organization dosent make sense at times." Vincent said.

"Speaking of which, do we have an eta on his arrival or are we just staying ready?" Nanashi asks.

"You are the darkness. We are the light. Most people would say we'll never see eye to eye. I disagree. If you truly are an organization of justice, I'm sure there's something we can work together on." Vent states.

"You can leave anytime you like. We lost him after the Port." The Dark Gunner replied.

---

"We are never doing what we need to be doing. The power struggle between me and the Dark Gunner dosent help. I want to become an official organization, he wants to stay in the shadows. But our targets. We can't find what we're it ended for." Vincent said.

"If you need our help, there's no need to hide it now. We're here for a reason." Nanashi states.

"I'll assume you've had many discussions over this. Why does he want to stay in the shadows?" Vent asks.

"All we seem to be doing is standing around an undead woman and discussing our method of operations." The Dark Gunner replied.

---

"To make us the boogeyman. A fear inducing organization. Something to be easily used as a scape goat but never easily destroyed." Vincent explained.

"We've been asking you to prove their guilt and you've been insisting that you don't need to. That's not a difference in operations. That's us doing what's right and you trying to make us ignore it." Nanashi states.

"You wish to become an idea. I can respect the power in that, but can you deal with the responsibility? It means having to bump heads with organizations like ours all the time." Vent asks.

"Unless you actually need us for something, we'll be taking our leave. And we'll be taking them with us." Nanashi states.

"You always have a choice. After we leave here, try not to bump into us again." Vent states.

He starts heading back to the others.

"No. You're not going to take Sylvanas from us." The Dark Gunner said. "No way in the seven Devilite Hells."

---

Vincent followed after Vent.

"I mean't how could we not use our abilities and connections for the greator good? Even if you disagree with our methods, at least part of our, malformed, twisted hearts are in the right place."

Nanashi pulls out his blade.

"Then stop us." he states.

"No need, Nanashi. I finished scanning this place and their captive. We'll be able to find them later. If she's dead before we get back, we're taking them in. As for your question, Vincent. If you can prove your methods work without sacrificing innocent people or damaging their way of life, you'll have us as an ally." Vent explains.

He walks towards the entrance with Nanashi in tow.

"Otherwise, consider us an obstacle."

"Very well then." Vincent said.

"Thank you for not ruining months of progress." The Dark Gunner said to Vent. "Once we have Jacen in our trap, we can prove it truly. Besides, he's wanted for attempted patricide, you know."

"If you need us, call. You can reach us at this frequency." Vent states.

Nanashi grabs some paper and writes a number on it.

"It was a pleasure to meet you." the ninja says, bowing.

Back
Top Bottom