The Paris Opera House [Original]

"I have not." Aquario said sternly. "I have read about the catacombs... Walls layered with countless bones of the dead. Such a fascinating idea if not barbaric... I do know it is rather easy to get lost in the Catacombs thanks to countless dead ends and maze-like wall structure."

"I was actually thinking..." Jacen said. He smirked drawing his sword as a dark misma flowed out of him and seeped into the ground. He started to crackle as nine skeletons disloged themselves from the walls and reformed, starting to crawl their way up to the streets.

"Do not worry my friends, I am only going to cause a distraction to assist us... After all, the Meeting has a, hatred, for undead."

"I see you control the dead?" Aquario scratched his chin and fixed his glasses. He watched the skeletons form and assemble before them. "This is rather interesting. I've yet to see a necromancer. If the enemy hates the undead, might as well summon a couple more."

Aquario glanced at Magiana and narrowed his eyes. 

"I thought you said you were brave? What happened to that enthusiasm?"

"W-well, for starters, I would rather not go in a dark and creepy place like the catacombs!" Magiana retorted, red in the face from embarrassment. "Not like I've been in one before either..."

"I wouldn't like... skeletons moving around me either."

Jacen watched as they wandered around mindlessly.

"Sadly I can only raise, not control. As such these will only give us a momentary distraction. You all shall walk into the Opera House that serves as the base of my friend's captors while I sneak in another way. They will be looking for me."

"Alright, consider it done." Aquario said sternly. "We will enter the front of the place and, hopefully, be a little bit of a distraction for you to rescue your friend." 

Aquario nodded to Magiana. "You will aid me. Put aside your fear and bring up your confidence. Skeletons will be the least of your worries in this situation. Lives are at stake and you're going to let some pile of bones scare you?"

"Opera tickets?" Aquario sighed. "Well, where do we get those? This sounds more like a field trip than a rescue mission... Very well then. Come, Magiana, let's find those tickets and see if we can gather some information inside."

Aquario turned on his heel and promptly left, looking for some sort of ticket booth.

"Keeping a hostage at a place for performances..." Magiana began, before noticing how quickly Aquario started to move. "W-wait up!" After catching up to his pace, she continued her train of thought. "Do you think they might be using the hostage as part of their 'act'? Or maybe they're hiding her in one of those dressing rooms they have backstage?"

The guards standing at the entrance of the opera house glanced at Aquario and Magiana but paid them no heed. Tonight's performance was of "The Endless Joy." Inside the entrance was a ticket booth.

---

A few Meeting mercs shot up the undead. "Where are they coming from?"

---

Jacen placed a seal on a door inside the catacombs, before taking cover as it was blown away and opening a pathway into the back stages of the Opera House.

Aquario walked up to the booth and held up two fingers.

"Two tickets please. Adult and child." He said with a hint of boredom. He then looked at Magiana and whispered harshly to her. "That does sound plausible.. That might be a smart way of hiding the hostage in plain sight. The problem is, which one of the actors is the hostage?"

The booth operator slipped them the tickets.

"Enjoy tonight's anti-depression charity event." He said. A few Meeting guards went out of the Pairs Opera House, accompanied by a leader looking fellow, while others retreated further inwards.

"Thank you sir." Aquario brushed along but took Magiana's advice. He nodded to himself and thought about picking some seats that were not too close to the front but close enough for them to launch an attack if they need to. He moved by the people and sat down, leaving a seat open for the young girl.

"You seem to have quite some knowledge on such things." He chuckled. "I'm more of a book worm so I Cannot say I know much about these kinda of situations."

"W-well, back home, my family liked going to these kinds of things. Cept for my sister. Sometimes it'd bore her to sleep." Magiana whispered as she took her seat. She messed with her hair sheepishly. "But I like watching musicals. It seems fun, but I have pretty bad stage fright. I figured it would get better when I do more missions."

The sound of the theme was off-putting to her. She had a feeling that the hostage might end up the centerpiece for the anti-depression symbol though she wasn't sure how it would proceed.

Back
Top Bottom