Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Space Jam: A New Legacy

This movie reminded me of the 1996 version but with LeBron James and the use of CGI graphics for the Looney Toons characters. Even Mr. James became a 'toon' himself when he was whisked into the world of Looney Toons and this where he first encounters Bugs Bunny. LeBron's acting was okay but not great. He did the best as he could delivering his lines in the movie. Overall I'll give this film a 7/10 rating.

Ooh, I've been meaning to see that for quite some time! Seen a lot of people getting so angry over a kids movie (and protip, even though I'm a huge fan of the original Space Jam movie, it wasn't that good either haha).

Finally saw Lego Movie 2. 3/5. Good film with memorable songs. Thought the time-travel stuff was absolutely hilarious towards the end.

Saw Shang Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings. 4/5

Great film! Definitely one of Marvel's best.

Saw Straight Outta Nowhere, Scooby Doo Meets Courage the Cowardly Dog. 3/5. Love it!

I thought it was very awesome; even though it does suck that it's not written by the creator (although, I heard some unfortunate things about him as a person, oof), it was pretty good and lots of callbacks. Felt like a love letter to the series!

Saw that new Injustice cartoon. Thought it'll be boring like the most recent DC animated films (and Batman-focus), but I thought this was decent. I was laughing my ass off when Batman punched Superman and merely shattered his own hand.

Best thing about the film was Superman vs Superman; especially show how charming Good Superman is! He's just vibing man.

3/5.

Saw the movie 'No Time To Die'. It was overall a good film. Theres always a lot of action/ fighting throughout most of the movie. But don't want to spoil anything so I'm giving this one a 8.5/10. :cool:

Just saw Halloween Kills

2/5 (Jaz gives it 1/5). Only interesting thing about the film was the lynch mob concept and how mob violence is always bad. Other than that, hated all the characters except for Mike Myers and Grandma (that was sidelined in the plot). Fuck Tommy and Karen. Awful characters.

Finally saw It (Miniseries), It (2017) and It: Chapter 2

3/5 - 1/5 - 3/5 respectively. 

Loved the mini series and Tim Curry gave his all in the film. Didn't care for the 2017 version because they were flat characters, and Mike and Stanely literally disappeared from the film. Chapter 2 was boring until the 30 minutes where it actually got interesting and cool; but it was a slog to get through.

Saw the 2008 Hulk. I honestly didn't think it was as bad as most say, I did enjoy that it explored the hardships and the harm Bruce goes through as the Hulk in a visceral kinda way (seeing his girlfriend beaten to hell in the opening sequence, having to stop when he's about to bang her because too much excitement would trigger the transformation) and what instances of Hulk wrecking things they had were pretty fun...unfortunately there isn't much of that. The kicker of the movie is that the whole plot of it up until the last 20 minutes was Bruce going on a long quest to find a cure for himself and after he gets the antidote pumped into him they just casually as anything just have him go back to being the Hulk and right when the need so it makes the whole thing feel kinda pointless lol.

ShineCero said:

Loved the mini series and Tim Curry gave his all in the film. Didn't care for the 2017 version because they were flat characters, and Mike and Stanely literally disappeared from the film. Chapter 2 was boring until the 30 minutes where it actually got interesting and cool; but it was a slog to get through.

That's a REALLY unusual opinion regarding It. Well aside from Tim Curry being great as Pennywise, he can do no wrong lol.

Seen the movie 'Eternals'. It wasn't a bad movie as they (some film critics) thought it was. The best parts of this movie was them fighting off those creatures called the 'Deviants' as well as the CGI effects. I give this film a 7/10 rating.

JamesYTP said:
Saw the 2008 Hulk. I honestly didn't think it was as bad as most say, I did enjoy that it explored the hardships and the harm Bruce goes through as the Hulk in a visceral kinda way (seeing his girlfriend beaten to hell in the opening sequence, having to stop when he's about to bang her because too much excitement would trigger the transformation) and what instances of Hulk wrecking things they had were pretty fun...unfortunately there isn't much of that. The kicker of the movie is that the whole plot of it up until the last 20 minutes was Bruce going on a long quest to find a cure for himself and after he gets the antidote pumped into him they just casually as anything just have him go back to being the Hulk and right when the need so it makes the whole thing feel kinda pointless lol.

ShineCero said:

That's a REALLY unusual opinion regarding It. Well aside from Tim Curry being great as Pennywise, he can do no wrong lol.

Yeah! I never seen the original It series nor the films until 2 weeks ago, so I viewed all of them back-to-back. I thought the mini series was pretty fun to watch, and the acting was top notch. The film adapation was more or less accurate to the book, but I felt that the first film was an absolute chore to sit through. Mike and Stanely just phased out from the film, and everyone was just boring. Didn't like the over-top cussing and jokes lol. Richie was the worst character in that film :joy: I do give them credit for th scaring me during the projector scene though!

At least Chapter 2 was pretty "okay", then great in the last 30 or so minutes of the film where they had to battle It in its true form. None of the scenes scared me (maybe because I always expect them?) but yeah :joy: it is a strange opinion!!

gokugirl2006 said:
Seen the movie 'Eternals'. It wasn't a bad movie as they (some film critics) thought it was. The best parts of this movie was them fighting off those creatures called the 'Deviants' as well as the CGI effects. I give this film a 7/10 rating.

Right!? People acting like Eternals was the worst films of the marvel films but I thought it was great. The only complaint I had was that the main deviant kind of got shafted in the ending; definitely something I feel that could've been used as a set up villain in future films! Loved the CGI, loved the absolute power of speedster, and how Ikaris felt like an genuine superman :joy:

3/5!! :kirbydab:

New movie; saw with family (and Jaz). Jungle Cruise. 3/5

Good movie. Felt like they could've let Frank died and set up an interesting premise for the next film, where he wakes up again decades later (promptly, the duo he traveled with is no longer there). But it's a good popcorn flick!

I watched 1922 the other day on Netflix out of curiosity and well... I don't quite know how to feel about it. It was boring, yet at the same time i was so invested all throughout just to be sort of let down at the end. Very slow-burn, but I loved the atmosphere it gave where everything is desaturated, cold, and grimy. The cinematography was great imo and I liked the acting a lot. It's not the strongest story under the Stephen King cinematic library, but I'm not opposed to reading the novel because of this movie.

It's a psychological horror but just didn't pay off enough in either aspect for me. Black Mirror's Crocodile episode was much better in terms of payoff and establishing a dread that grows the longer you watch the main character. Also disgusting sound design/visuals, I actually couldn't fully sit through the first death scene, it narratively was a great scene and probably the only peak in horror the movie had going for it. Everything following that progressively was less horrific (Black Mirror "Crocodile" is the exact opposite).

3.5/5. Not a waste, but this also wouldn't be the movie I'd reach for when I think of Stephen King horror. (Or horror in general). I enjoyed The Mist far more as a movie and would gladly pick that one over this one if I had the choice.

Saw Spider-Man: No Way Home. 5/5. Easily. Won't spoiled anything, but if you're on the fence on watching this film, do it. It was fucking glorious and easily one of my favorite films.

Saw the movie called Mother/Android on Hulu. (No spoilers) good movie to watch. It's slow at first but the plot catches on later. Give this film a 8/10 rating.

Just saw Encanto. 4/5. Loved the themes, characters, diverse backgrounds, wonderful music and good animation techniques. Definitely a rewatch in the future!

Loved Encanto as well. My favorite character is the strong sibling of course. And her musical number in the movie was enjoyable too.  :grin:

Saw Turning Red. 4/5

I was aware of any of the "art discourse" that was running rampant on social media sites until I finished the film, and I was left in utter confusion about these various takes. I thought the film looked fine art-wise, the usual stuff I expected from Pixar. The story is great, characters are good and lots of funny stuff. This whole "bean-mouth" and "calarts" discourse is so played out (not to mention, filled with your typical "BUT BUT THE WOKE" nonsense that I zoned out).

I saw 'The Lost City' yesterday and it is really good and entertaining like the movie critics said.
The usual funny bits plus quite a few action scenes all rolled up into one. I give this movie an 8/10 rating.

Back
Top Bottom