Pokémon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon

ShineCero

The Strongest
ADMINISTRATOR
Pronouns
He/Him
[align=center][video=youtube]

Sun and Moon are the primary paired versions of Generation VII and are set in the Alola region. The games are available on the Nintendo 3DS. The games were announced worldwide on the 20th Anniversary of the release of Pokémon Red and Green, February 27, 2016, at 12 am JST by Tsunekazu Ishihara through Nintendo Direct. The paired versions were released worldwide on November 18, 2016, except in Europe where they were released on November 23, 2016. All copies of the game are playable in nine languages: Japanese, English, German, Spanish, French, Italian, Korean, and Simplified and Traditional Chinese.​

Important Information
  • Pokemon Official Website
  • Serebii: Being current with all the latest Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon news.
  • Pokemon YouTube Channel
  • Pokemon JP YouTube Channel
  • Bulbapedia: Quick information on Pokemon's base stats and moves if you prefer a "modern-looking" website.
  • Smogon: Build your ultimate Pokemon team!
  • Showdown: Online Simulator where you can build your team and practice with it. You can see which one works before breeding them in the game proper. Don't worry, it's completely free. You can battle other people and/or friends to test out your team. (I used this a lot)
  • Pokemon Team Planner: A VERY useful tool. You can click all the Pokemon and see which ones work. You can click the weaknesses and effective to avoid having holes in your team. 
Important Pokemon Events

Mega Stones Codes:  All Mega Stone Codes will end on October 31st, 2017.
  • DRACHE: Latios, Latias, Altaria, and Ampharos Mega Stones
  • POYONG: Gallade, Gardevoir, Lopunny, and Diancie Mega Stones
  • SABLEVOLANT: Tyranitar, Manectric, Abomasnow, Aggron Mega Stones
  • MATSUBUSA: Blaziken, Swampert, Sceptile, Camerupt, and Banite Mega Stones
  • AZUL: Pidgeot, Steelix, Heracross, and Houndroom Mega Stones
  • INTIMIDATE: Mawile, Beedrill, Audino, Medicham Mega Stones
  • M2DESCENT: Mewtwo Megastones
All Cap-Pikachu Event: The Cap Pikachu has been confirmed to be coming to the west. Starting September 19th, the Cap Pikachu will be available through special Serial Code on the official site. Players can only receive one of the six with the code so you will have to choose carefully which one you want: PIKACHU20
  • September 19–25: Ash's Pikachu (Original Cap)
  • September 26 – October 2: Ash's Pikachu (Hoenn Cap)
  • October 3–9: Ash's Pikachu (Sinnoh Cap)
  • October 10–16: Ash's Pikachu (Unova Cap)
  • October 17–23: Ash's Pikachu (Kalos Cap)
  • October 24–30: Ash's Pikachu (Alola Cap)
Charizard Event: Ends on October 14th, 2017
  • Charizard will be distributed via code at Target stores across North America from October 1st. It is Level 50 with the moves Dragon Dance, Flare Blitz, Fly & Earthquake and holds a Red Card. It runs until October 14th. No other international distributions of this event have been announced.
Marshadow EventNorth America: October 9th - October 23rd, 2017 & Europe: October 1st - November 14th, 2017
  • To promote the upcoming movie, I Choose You, Marshadow is being distributed. It comes with its unique Z-Crystal. In the US, it will be given at Gamestop. In Europe, it'll be given at select retailers.
Celebi Event: September 22nd, 2017 - September 21th (28th for Japan), 2018
  • If you pre-purchase or purchase the Pokémon Gold & Silver Virtual Console games, you will receive a Serial Code that can be redeemed in all 4 Generation 7 games to access the Mythical Pokémon Celebi.
The Shiny Silvally Event: North America: October 23rd - November 13th 2017, United Kingdom/Spain/France/Germany
  • Gamestop (US) or EB Games (Canada), GAME (United Kingdom), GAME (Spain), Micromania (France), and Gamestop (Germany). The code can then be redeemed until February 13th 2018.

Yeeeeeessssss, I'm really looking forward to these games. The concept art which can be seen in the last part of the video looks great so far. Even though we don't know much about the game yet (not much more than the names of the editions, actually xD), I'm already aboard the hype train.

YAS. YAS. AND YAS. OMFG I JUST CANNOT WAIT!

I missed the Direct at 10 (my time) but I woke up at 10:30AM and first thing I did was check Serebii and I saw a trailer. I instantly began to cry and I have never cried so hard over a game. When they started to announce the years of all the official games...

2016..!

tumblr_n7yncgrRYu1rfkogxo1_500.gif

giphy.gif

XaaTXyj.gif

tumblr_inline_o28wauptMJ1tg3m83_500.gif

Yeah. Hopefully we can get some news regarding it in the next Corocoro scans. Perhaps some new mons or possible connection to that of Kalos? :think:

Inb4 Mega Solrock and Mega Lunatone

Given my impression of the last 2 gens I do have some rather high expectations of this possible gen 7 series:
-Better soundtrack (much of the Kalos OST was too boring and only a couple of good composition. Remakes don't count for this btw)
-PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HAVE MORE THAN 90 NEW POKEMON. I know they're trying their best but the amount of Kalos exclusive Pokemon was just pitiful. I hope to see at least 100 new Pokemon.
-An actually engaging plot/lore for once, or at least some actually threatening villains. The Dopey Subordinates trope has been played out to death honestly. Lysandre was ok but he was just depressing rather than nuts. AZ made pretty much no impact anyway.
-Rivals that are competent AND friendly. You don't have to be a douche rival to be a tough opponent. And maybe not a rival that is so self loathing (Calem gives that impression a lot)
-Some good ice types that are not defensive for once. Fuck's sake.
-Champion that has some depth to them. Pls

But that's just me. Kalos was underwhelming. The remakes were very good, so hopefully they continue to do such great work.

LoopyPanda said:
Inb4 Mega Solrock and Mega Lunatone

Given my impression of the last 2 gens I do have some rather high expectations of this possible gen 7 series:
-Better soundtrack (much of the Kalos OST was too boring and only a couple of good composition. Remakes don't count for this btw)
-PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HAVE MORE THAN 90 NEW POKEMON. I know they're trying their best but the amount of Kalos exclusive Pokemon was just pitiful. I hope to see at least 100 new Pokemon.
-An actually engaging plot/lore for once, or at least some actually threatening villains. The Dopey Subordinates trope has been played out to death honestly. Lysandre was ok but he was just depressing rather than nuts. AZ made pretty much no impact anyway.
-Rivals that are competent AND friendly. You don't have to be a douche rival to be a tough opponent. And maybe not a rival that is so self loathing (Calem gives that impression a lot)
-Some good ice types that are not defensive for once. Fuck's sake.
-Champion that has some depth to them. Pls

But that's just me. Kalos was underwhelming. The remakes were very good, so hopefully they continue to do such great work.

I have to agree with this.

• Generation 5 had excellent musical score, and amp it up with Black/White 2 games; and I do expect to have some engaging story similar to that of how Generation 5 presented it - or heck, even how Generation 4 games presented it. Kalos' story elements was rather disappointing since Lysandre's reasoning wasn't great in terms of actual development - possibly hopefully the Sun and Moon games will expanded Kalos' lore even more.
  • More fairy Pokémon and fairy moves. And maybe give Special Attackers a bone.
  • There's rumors EVs and IVs that might be removed. I hope that's not the case :think:

Hopefully it remains a rumor. It already is fairly difficult to boost IVs, but removing EVs sounds much too farfetched given that they included the Super Training mechanic in ORAS. Otherwise, the competitive scene would take quite a hit if both things were taken out. That would also screw up all the tiers quite a bit.

I DEMAND for Mega Johto Starters! (I doubt it since I think Kalos starters might get theirs)

LoopyPanda said:
Hopefully it remains a rumor. It already is fairly difficult to boost IVs, but removing EVs sounds much too farfetched given that they included the Super Training mechanic in ORAS. Otherwise, the competitive scene would take quite a hit if both things were taken out. That would also screw up all the tiers quite a bit.

Yeah. Removing them would rather be a pointless effort. If anything, just give it more ways to noticed them, so more players can access them. However, I wonder how they're going to pull this off with the Generation 1 pokes being transferred? Would their abilities, EVs and IVs be randomized? :think:

EVs and IVs aren't much of a worry in the game itself and are just used by competitive fans, so I don't see why wanting to revert that would be necessary. If they go through with that I imagine the ones from RBY just wouldn't have any. Since it seems the option to transfer from RBY will only be possible to Sun and Moon and not the previous games.

We haven't seen anything visually so I'm taking any leaks posted with grains of salt for now (unless it's CoroCoro)

It may be possible Sun and Moon are going to be a throwback kind of game that throws such things out the window to make a universality with it. It would make online battling very strange. Sun and Moon pokemon versus ORAS pokemon online wouldn't make the playing field very even lol. But maybe that's to make up for Legal Fissure Machoke from RBY? lol

LoopyPanda said:
EVs and IVs aren't much of a worry in the game itself and are just used by competitive fans, so I don't see why wanting to revert that would be necessary. If they go through with that I imagine the ones from RBY just wouldn't have any. Since it seems the option to transfer from RBY will only be possible to Sun and Moon and not the previous games.

We haven't seen anything visually so I'm taking any leaks posted with grains of salt for now (unless it's CoroCoro)

It may be possible Sun and Moon are going to be a throwback kind of game that throws such things out the window to make a universality with it. It would make online battling very strange. Sun and Moon pokemon versus ORAS pokemon online wouldn't make the playing field very even lol. But maybe that's to make up for Legal Fissure Machoke from RBY? lol

XY/ORAS format might not even be compatible but we'll see. As for EV/IVs, I wa actually thinking that IVs could be removed since majority of the time, they're useless (only certain numbers: 0, 30, 31 actually matters). They could just do away with it, make an attempt to manipulate the IVs or have a easier way to control them. EVs on the other hands are pitifully easy to obtain that it can be done in 15 minutes using horde battles (or 30 in Super Training). 

Speaking of leaks, I hope GameFreak goes easy on the spoilers and keep some (or most) an surprise for the new players. Too much information can be bad for the game since one can feel they practically already played it if they know what's going on.

Serebii posted this on the website:
  • It has been confirmed that, as of February 29th 2016, Pokémon's main series games have passed the 200 million unit milestone, currently sitting at 201 million units sold in the last 20 years. This includes all main games as well as the recent Virtual Console releases of Pokémon Red, Green, Blue & Yellow. It has also been confirmed that, including spin-off titles, the Pokémon video game franchise has passed 279 million units sold.
God damn, Pokemon! :high:

That's true. Hell you don't even need to actually do super training! The drinks will have the same effect and it'll show you anyway XD

But damn that's a ton of copies.

If it truly is a new gen, I hope all the teasing over Zygarde wasn't for nothing and it'd be a shame if XY ends up basically being left behind since it was a plain out disappointment. Unless they just want it to die off in GF's basement. Lol if Sun and Moon really are ditching Gen 6, I hope the new mechanic will be good and I'll have high expectations regardless. Gonna try to keep the hype from overriding my critical thinking once it's in my hands to play.

I really do hope that Zygarde gets to do something! He needs to be able to tell Xerneas and Yveltal to CUT THAT OUT.

LoopyPanda said:
That's true. Hell you don't even need to actually do super training! The drinks will have the same effect and it'll show you anyway XD

But damn that's a ton of copies.

If it truly is a new gen, I hope all the teasing over Zygarde wasn't for nothing and it'd be a shame if XY ends up basically being left behind since it was a plain out disappointment. Unless they just want it to die off in GF's basement. Lol if Sun and Moon really are ditching Gen 6, I hope the new mechanic will be good and I'll have high expectations regardless. Gonna try to keep the hype from overriding my critical thinking once it's in my hands to play.

Alzoru said:
I really do hope that Zygarde gets to do something! He needs to be able to tell Xerneas and Yveltal to CUT THAT OUT.

I'm sure that Zygarde will play a role along with Ash-Greninja and the sort. Just have to wait and see where they're going with Sun and Moon. Although, I don't think Zygarde is there to tell Yveltal and Xernas to do stop since they haven't done anything. XD

Right? I also hope the post-game content is actually worth a damn thing time around. Though, it could be that I was spoiled by Unova's Post game content :p

Apparently, Corocoro will do a special talk in regards to Sun and Moon next month. Let's cross they reveal useful information (but not too much).

Unova had almost too much post game it might have burnt them out when XY came around. Or it was intentional. Idk but either way it sucked that we got to the first 3DS 3D pokemon game and there was no additional post game that you would only know existed because other players found it. XD

Yeah xD

Also, I'm speculating that since this could be based on Spain, I wonder if this was the region that Kalos with to war with? Perhaps even a connecting with the Unova's lore, since it also had a king there? :think:

I'll be one to say I hope there aren't a ton of new Pokemon. As far as I'm concerned, there's too many as it is. Especially considering only 20-30 are ever seen competitively. I have a few requests for Sun/Moon, the former being the one I'm getting.

1. Fewer Pokemon, more acclimating old Pokemon. When was the last time you saw anyone using Parasect or Ledian? Or when did you see anyone using Dedenne, who just came out? Even in the story mode for your friends? Stop spending so much time creating new Pokemon no one wants to use and spend more time making sure every Pokemon has something it can do. I'm not saying every Pokemon needs to be OU, but GF gave base 55 ATK Ledian Iron Fist for a goddamn ability! That shows no f***s given!

2. Competent gym leaders. Make every gym leader high level. These are supposed to be 8 (or more) of the toughest trainers in the entire region! I shouldn't be able to beat one with a level 10 Charmander! Even better, have more than 8 leaders that you only have to defeat 8 of in order to go the Pokemon League!

3. If you're thinking of removing EVs or IVs, go with the latter. Or just make them easier to see. The idea of someone's Pokemon just being born better than someone else's always bothered me, but making it visible would be nice, especially since people have asking for a way to see them since their debut in Gen II!!

4. Poison legendary/Dark gym

5. I liked having multiple rivals in XY. It was handled better in ORAS, but it was still nice.

6. This goes back to point one. How about we give some Pokemon that aren't already OU or banned a mega for once?! Also, Mega Johto Starters. B|

7. Buff some abilities to make them viable. Notably, Flash Fire, Illuminate, Run Away, Grass Pelt.

Back
Top Bottom