No More Heroes

Status
Not open for further replies.
"His soul is to be taking a dark turn. The quiet shy one seems to have drawn his first real blood. I wonder how he'll handle it?" Ebon questions, standing up shakily.

"My name is Chris. I don't care about these Busters. I just want to know if a friend of mine survived what happened in Lost City." Chris introduces. "I was told this Mother was the one to ask."

"If I were a betting man, the military will still take you in.." Tomy responded to Xavier. "But if that going to come down to this, I urge you to get out of here when the moment strikes." He struggled to stand. "Though, you might want to get a piggyback you, since well, you know, No leg."

"How dare!" Jess responded to Gryffin's comment-though she didn't make a witty comeback. Instead, she was in awe of the apparent death of Axe. "Jesus.."

Nessa was confused about Gryffin's wording. What's happening up there? Nessa has that thought in her head, but it wasn't the time to be idle. She'd increased the muscle mass in her legs, jumped out of the hole as landed on the surface with Celeste, Ray and the pods safety. "Alright, we're going to crush Axe and g-" Nessa turned toward the battle. Aside from seeing the military, she saw of what was left of the machine that Axe was in, along with the arm sticking out of the pile. "Jesus.. what the hell happen?" Nessa dropped the pods where it hold the special squad, busting them open. Aya fell out of there, landed on the floor. 

Daiman's eyes shifted to Yoon. "Hey.." Daiman's voice was monotone. No his usual nervous tone or any exciting expression he usually has.

Buck went towards the destroyed machine. One of the soldier pull Axe out of the rubble to confirmed on whether or not he was dead. Sure enough, Axe was still alive; however, the weigh from Daiman's attack, literally left him immobile. "Sir, UN Commander Axe is still alive."

Daiman's eyes narrowed when he heard that Axe was still alive. He lifted his left arm into the air and creating an giant spear into the air, pointing down to where Axe was. The soldiers looked up and scattered away from the spot-however, General Buck still remained.

"Hey! What are you doing!? Cease your attack at once!" Buck shouted. "He's down! There's no need to continue!"

"Shut up.. if we let him live.. he's just going to come after us.. and created a brand new load of problem.. it's better if he becomes part of the ground. Permanently." Daiman said. 

Nessa sweated a bit, rushing towards Daiman and grabbed his arm. "Hey! There's no need to kill him! He won't get away with this. Just let them handle it and we go ho-" Nessa was instantly pushed away by one of Daiman's giant hands, flowing back to where Gryffin, Celeste, Ray and Jess were.

=============================

"Pleasure to meet you. You can call me Kira." Kira said. "You wished to speak with mother?" She turned to Raster. 

"It's fine. I don't think they're going to cause any harm. Chris seems to just want to find his friend." Raster said.

"Alright.. she's at her home right now. Raster can take you there. Don't cause any problems. Or you'll regret it." Kira said, sitting back down to her post.

Raster nodded. "Alright, follow me." Raster walked to the direction to where Mother was.

"W-What is Daiman doing?! I thought Mother told us to not kill anyone!" Naolyn growled. She rushed to Buck's side as fast as she could and prepared to deflect the spear if Daiman were to ever shoot it. It was obvious that she was willing to risk he rlife even for those who hated them. She turned to Buck. "Just keep your head low, I'll try to deflect this spear as best I can..."

==========

Ryder's eyes widen as Daiman was about to literally kill Axe. He turned Tico into a whip and rushed at Daiman with both fear and worry in his eyes. He attempted to wrap the Tico-Whip around his hand to keep it from firing and hurting anyone else. 

"Daiman! Don't do it! You'll only add more fuel to the fire!" Ryder yelled. "It's over, Axe lost!"

==========

Gio's eyes widen at how insane Daiman was acting. Unlike the others, he didn't seem to move or take any sort of action. He smirked at how Daiman was acting and he crossed his arms, almost as if allowing it to happen. He did seem a little hesitant about the situation because of the safety of Naolyn. He narrowed his eyed and seem to check at to what Daiman would do under the pressure.

What do you plan to do, baby-face? Gio thought to himself. Will you let a man who made us suffer live on? He ruined our lives and wanted t use us like pawns. The UN killed everyone we hold close to us...are you really gonna let that man get away with it?

"Nessa!" Celeste braced to catch Nessa once she was thrown back, skidding backwards several feet towards Gryffin, Jess, and Ray. The sudden impact almost knocked the wind out of her, but she glared up at Daiman. "What the f-ck is this, huh!? Do you know just what you're doing?!"

Gryffin raised what little was left of his cloak to keep the dirt from getting in his eyes. "What's with him? His demeanor. It's darker all of a sudden... and colder."
===================

Cernia grabbed Ebonwu's arm to hold him steady. She didn't know what to do or say towards the situation. Her grip on his arm tightened. "Just like me back there with Sound..." Cernia averted her gaze in silence.

Why should we let Axe live?... I don't understand. I'm so angry but... how come I don't feel that same kind of satisfaction as I did when we- no... I... killed Sound? Why didn't I feel this conflicted when I was given the chance with Sound?... I don't get it! 
She gripped her face with a free hand, hiding her eyes with her hand and snow white bangs.
The more I think about Sound's mangled up face, the worse I feel... why?
=================
Raimundo swallowed hard, looking around. "C-mon, man, Mother said there's no point to that, remember!? Snap out of... it?"

"Step to the side, Rai." Yoon told him, her voice a quiet whisper.

"Yoon? You're gonna get hurt!"

She stepped past Rai and looked up towards Daiman, walking forward.

"What's this all of a sudden?" Yoon kept her tone of voice as steady as she could, but deep down she was afraid of any further outburst. She didn't care if she were to get hurt though, in the end. "Daiman."

She kept eye contact as she walked. "Your injury will get to you if you strain yourself like this. Axe is done for now. He's powerless without that machine being destroyed now. Isn't that enough? We are no longer his prey. Continuing with intent to harm will make us the predator. That isn't what we are. We aren't... snakes." Her snakes curled up around her face as her gaze flicked to the ground before immediately moving back up. She hadn't stopped walking. "Are we?"
===============

Brick whispered, "Zuleka... did she survive this?..."

"...It's best we don't intervene right now." He said, looking at Tomy. Brick hoped General Buck wouldn't retaliate. That was the last thing they needed.
===============

"Perhaps you and I will both luck out, my friend." Magness commented to Chris. "Though, do you plan to stay if you cannot find your friend?"

Ray thinks putting down the pods "I hope Axe live so he can be forced to swallow a pill called realty and i rather not see Axe become a martyr." Ray says "Daiman don't let your anger rule you."

"Damn.. he hits hard.." Nessa grabbed her stomach. 

Jess attended to Aya, grabbing a hold onto him. "Maybe.. we should get out of here." She tried to drag Aya, but she wasn't strong enough to push Aya. 

"Yeah.." Tomy sweated as he responded to Brick. "Situation just went from bad to worse." 

Daimn stared at Yoon. Within his eyes were filled with rage--something he hasn't felt before. "But aren't we just letting them off easy!? They're going to step going after us, they're going to track us down! It's time to give them an example so they will never mess with us again!" Daiman said out loud. He turns his full attention to Yoon. "I don't want to see you get hurt.. sometimes.. death is the only way.." Daiman lifted his arm, which cause the speak upward even more. "The only way... We can never live in peace.. our actions is practically caused us to be scattered across the news! We're never going to be left alone unless we show them the consequence if they do!"

General Buck turns to the soldiers. "Readied your weapons! Now!"

The Soldiers hesitated. After seeing that machine and what Brick was talking about-- perhaps it wasn't the best idea to start another conflict. Nevertheless, they aim their guns towards the Busters, particularly Daiman and Yoon. 

"No... No, no! Don't do it, Daiman! It'll just make our situation even worse! The UN -- or specifically the US -- is already pissed at us as is for trashing this place, but don't kill Axe! Everyone here has witnessed the atrocities as is, and the testimonies of four high-ranking officials will especially get him locked up for good! Kiddo, please.. Just stop.." Xavier called out to Daiman. He wasn't particularly ignoring Tomy at the moment, but he was more concerned over the pending death of Axe at Daiman's hands rather than his own safety. "Remember what Mother told us? No killing! Now just put Axe down, and let the proper officials put him away. Like I said, there's no way he's getting out of this.."

"So, this is what it looks like when justice dies. Daiman, do not consider the feelings of the general if you do not wish to. I don't agree with what you're doing at all, but I just joined you guys. I don't know everything you've been through. However, one thing I know for certain is these people are your friends and your actions worry them. Not because of what you're doing to Axe, but to yourself. Continue and you'll become the spitting image of Sound." Ebonwu speaks up.

He barely stands, but starts to gain some balance. Smiling to Cernia, he nods and walks towards the others.

"I will confirm he is alive or dead at some point in my travels. It's already been a year. I'm just glad have a companion in my search. And it's nice to meet you, Kira." Chris greets, following Raster.

Ray says "I rather not see Axe become a martyr so some other people come and hunt us down and/or others." Ray thinks "i hope i not just speaking to the wind."

Ray is reedy for what ever happens next but hopes that Daiman lets Axe live and they can leave.

"No, wait!" Naolyn stood before soldiers and Brick with her arms out. "Just wait! He's not gonna hurt anyone! Don't shoot him!"

==========

Ryder stared at Daiman and he tried not to make any rash moves to set Daiman off. He slowly got a little closer to the boy with the Tico-Whip in his hand. He still had a plan to try and constraint him but he had to calm him down and get close enough. He also didn't want to risk Tico.

"Daiman, don't do it, kiddo!" Ryder shook his head. "Axe has been defeated and he can't do anything to us anymore. Don't make any rash movements because you're looking like a threat now. If you kill Axe now, you'll only prove his point about Specials. Everything he's been saying was true if you end him. Don't let him win this battle, Daiman..." He inched closer to Daiman. "Just let it go, he's already dead."

==========

Gio stared intently at Daiman and his hands balled into fists. He really wanted Daiman to end Axe and if he wasn't going to do it, then he'll attempt to finish Daiman's job. He growled at how long Daiman was taking and fire began to form on his hands.

"C'mon Baby-face..." Gio whispered to himself. "End him... He caused us all this pain and suffering..! End him!"

Cernia kept to following behind Ebonwu without another word. 

Yoon looked towards the army and then back up at Daiman. "And killing Axe will make you think they'll leave us alone, like that?" She tucked a snake back and scoffed in disbelief. "That is a lie we have lived long enough. Nothing will come of it except adding more dirt to our names we will never rid ourselves of. That's the truth." Yoon's tone came off as defeated, raising her hands to either side of her head to indicate her refusal to attack. "I'm gonna get hurt no matter what. It's inevitable. After all, I have to if I want to protect you guys." She smiled.

Raimundo averted his gaze. "Shit..."

Celeste scoffed incredulously. "As if killing Axe would do a damn thing. Get real!" She shouted. "All you're gonna do is get us all killed, dumbass!" Celeste objected while helping Nessa back up. "You think just that will just magically make the world a better place? I didn't think you were this naive." In the end she didn't care about revenge or anything; she just wanted to haul ass and get back before something worse happened. "You've dragged this on long enough, pea-brain, quit wasting time."
===========

"True. I like having company. Haven't had any in a looong time." Magness replied.

Placing his right hand onto the right side of his head as he grinned his teeth, Daiman was conflicted on what he wanted to do. Death should be an option--because sometimes, running away will amount to nothing if they're consistently being hounded on. Even if they managed to walked away from this--what good would it come out if the media will ended up spinning in the favor of the United Nations and blame the Busters? On the other hand, Daiman considered what others have said, even the likes of Celeste, despite harboring dislike of her, truthfully. What would he actually accomplished here? Blood on their hands because of his actions? Making Axe into a martyr as Ray said? With everyone throwing in their voice of reason, especially Yoon, Daiman remembered a quote that he was told -- he couldn't recall who told him as he placed his right hand on the wound once again. 

"Don't think anyone -- anyone would consider you something important -- you're just a side-character, act like it and stop wasting everyone's time."

Having a grim look on his face, Daiman realized that he was acting out of purely irrational anger. All he would have cause is more inconvenience, more dragging on pointless battles that they certainly don't need to be in. Last thing he wanted is continue to be a burden to them even more. He took his sight towards Yoon, and let out a deep breath. Deciding he needed to stop wasting everyone's time and sit on the sidelines where he belongs. 

"I-I'm sorry.." Daiman lowered his left arm. 

"Hey.." 

Before Daiman completely lowered his left arm, his eyes shifted to where Axe was, near the rubble. Narrowing his eyes, he witnessed a man, broken, that bore a smile that can only be replicated of a man that lost all sanity. 

"Don't you worry, I'll always find you... once I get out, I'll hunt you down and rip each and everyone of you apart.. just how the fate of Eon came.. hahaha.." Axe said with the last bits of strength he could muster, as each laugh weakened by the moment. 

The mere words of the mention, Eon, causes Daiman to become angry. His eye pupils disappeared, as he let out a whaling scream in sheer anger. A sudden burst of energy arose from Daiman, creating an enormous shadowly figure behind him. The shadow figure had yellow eyes, razor-like mouth and streams of black smokes emitting from it's body. The ground around him shook as the sheer creation of this causes it to break apart a little bit around him. It grabbed the spear that was still floating in the air. Daiman lifted his left arm once more, ordering the figure to slammed the spear and anyone that gets in his way. 

"What the hell!?" Buck said. "Shoot him now!!!!" As Buck sweated a bit. 

The Soldiers was inches away from pulling the trigger, until a figure dash through all of them and stood in front of Daiman. Throwing a punch towards Daiman's head, the figure knocks him out cold -- however, Daiman was still standing despite this. The shadow stopped it's attack midway -- but the wind pressure still managed to knock Axe to faint - although he still let out a few chuckles. 

Nessa narrowed her eyes. "Zuleka?"

"Jesus, don't go and dirty our names like that. I already had enough problems on my plate as it is.." Zuleka said. "Glad I made it in here in time before any reacts to anything.." 

"D-Did that woman just knock out Daiman with one punch..?" Naolyn whispered to herself. "S-She's no joke..."

Naolyn turned back to the people and realized that she was just a couple feet from possible getting shot. She held up her hands in a defensive manner, trying to calm down the trigger-happy soldiers.

"H-Hey! Don't shoot! He's down!" Even as she spoke, she still made use of her powers to stop any and all bullets that they attempt to shoot at them. "It's okay, please don't shoot! It's all over now."

===========

Ryder took a step back due to Zuleka butting in but he had to take a caution since Zuleka was a familiar face he dealt with while in jail. He moved over to the unconscious Axe and checked to make sure he wasn't dead. He looked at Tico who quickly turned into his usual shadow form. He helped Ryder pull Axe somewhere safe and away from any of the barrage of hell that the soldiers might unleash on them. As much as he didn't want to, he knew that killing Axe would get them no where.

"Man... I can't believe I would see the day I help this man from death." Ryder sighed. "Then again, killing him won't make us look any better..."

"Yah." Tico agreed. "Killing bad. Specials no kill. Humans no kill. Kill anyways and blame Specials, yah?"

"Axe is such a smart man tho', I feel bad that he turned out this way." Ryder frowned. "He can change the world, truthfully... I just wish he didn't pick the path he did."

===========

Gio's eyes widen when he saw that Zuleka stopped Daiman from killing Axe. His fists turned white by how hard he squeezed them and the fire around them only got hotter. He seemed annoyed and started to shake from how angry he got. He wanted Axe dead, he wanted all of the UN dead.

"Why didn't you kill him, Daiman?!" He screamed out.

Zuleka grabbed onto Daiman, tossing him towards Yoon. "Show's over. Get out." Zuleka said. "I think you lots have cause enough trouble here."

The United States military stood there with their weapons ready to fire. General Buck, as sweat came down across his cheeks, spoke up. "Hey! What are you doing!? They can't leave! They committed essentially a terrorist attack and-"

Zuleka turns to Buck. "And then what? You really want your name on the platter when one of the specials speak truth of what the hell is going on not only under our noses, but yours as well? Don't think the public would be "thrill" to hear experimentation done onto public under your guys' watch." Zuleka said. 

General Buck didn't say anything. 

"Besides, they got what they came here for." Zuleka turns to the rest. "Leave. Take the Special Squad with you as well. I doubt they would present any form of trouble with you guys around their necks."

Nessa sweated. "R-right.. but what about you?"

"Taking my share of fault here." Zuleka said. "Anyways, this isn't any of your goddamn business at this point, right? Don't make me repeat a third time or bullets will be let out. They won't do a thing." Zuleka said.  

"Wa-wait! Why do Aya and I have to stick with fatty McCakes and his loser friends!? One of them smell like a wet dog!" Jess complained. "I ain't going nowhere!"

"Zuleka, you're alive!" Brick limped over with Tomy, though he sweated a bit from her demeanor. Seems what affected her before wore off quickly? "She is right. We have an entire lab facility to investigate now, with what little remains."

"It's currently skunk, or did you forget you still reek like a skunk's butt?" Gryffin corrected Jess with snark in his tone.

Yoon caught Daiman in her arms just in time, sweating a bit just being under Zuleka's gaze.

"Whatever. About damn time we finished up here." Celeste stretched her arms about. "Raimundo's the only one who could get us out of here without killing himself in the process." She turned her back towards everyone to see which direction they came, paying little attention to Gio's screaming, since she didn't care about any of it.

"We just leave?! Where the heck are we gonna go?" Cernia asked. "We don't have anywhere."

"A handful of us know where to go now, and it's far away from this dump. Try not to make an ass of yourselves when we get there." Celeste deadpanned. 

"Yeah! You'll be just fine once we get back to Mother! She must be worried sick about us taking so long!" Rai cracked his knuckles. "But I've got all my energy back so I think we can let Daiman take a snooze for a while."

Ray says to Jess as a matter of fact "Its follow us or risk yourself and your boyfriend." pointing with his eyes to Aya. 

Ray is ready to go back to mother's home.

"Yeah, I'm alive, though I wouldn't say my condition is any better than yours or Tomy, Brick." Zuleka said, in a serious tone. "I had a .. moment to think about, but aside from that, we should turned ourselves in and accept the responsibility. It's our fault that things turned out this way." Zuleka turns to a particular interest in Ray and turns back to Brick. "Once documentaries are leaked out by a certain someone, we might as well shallow up our pride and take our punishment."  

General Buck sweated a bit. He could have easily just taken down the entire specials with no problems. Or so he thinks. If he were to make a move, he might ended up seeing more than stars. Weighing options, he considered taking all the UN officials and employers as suspects and leave the Busters -- out of it. 

For now.

"Alright.. we'll let you off." General Buck. "Don't think this excuse your actions. You people will face consequences, sooner or later." He pointed to his soldiers. "Take Brick, Tomy, Zuleka and Axe away. Find the last member, Jacobs, in the building and anyone who works there." He ordered. His soldiers went to located the UN staff.

"I ain't letting Aya anywhere near you freaks! You nothing bunch trouble!" Jess responded to Ray. "And you, porchops! You shouldn't be talking! If you didn't let your boyfriend here get in the way, I would have had you!"

"Mother?" Nessa said. "Well, if you guys had a place for us to stay in, I'm willingly to go. Beats sleeping in the dirt for the billionth time." Nessa lifted up the members of the Special Squad. "You lead the way. The more we stay here, the more we become a bother. Besides, I'm pretty sure John and Xavier needs some patching up and we'll be on our best behavior." Nessa turns to Raimundo. "I'm ready if everyone else is and someone put a mullet on Jess. Her voice is dreadful to listen too." She was concern about Giovanni's intent of wanting Axe to be killed, but considered not to bother with it for now. 

"How dare!!!!" Jess shouted. 

==========

"Alright.. this is Mother's place." Raster said. "You can go on ahead. She's currently reading a book to Heather, I think." He told both Magness and Chris.

Magness straightened his posture, looking at Chris. "Time to meet the one we've been searching for, my friend."
===================================
"Right... it's a step forward, at least." Brick mumbled, although he was handcuffed on his remaining cybernetic arm since he was missing the other entirely.

Cernia turned away from the scene and looked at Xavier's wounds with nausea. "We oughta hurry then... that thing Yoonie made can't hold off the blood loss any further." She kept her mouth shut concerning Gio's outbursts, since he was intimidating to her when he was engulfed in blazing fury. Her finger traced the now-closed gash that she had lining around her hip area absentmindedly. She didn't openly object to having the Special Squad be dragged along with them either; even if Aya wasn't outright an enemy, the others would still be people she'd avoid in any other situation.

"This place is making me sick anyway." Cernia said sullenly. "I'm as exhausted as Ebonwu was when we got here." She yawned.

Yoon slung Daiman over her back to carry him-- although it was a bit difficult since her body wasn't used to lifting people. She gave Raimundo a nod to go on.

"Pfft, whatever." Celeste snorted at Jess, crossing her arms. "I think spraying you was an improvement anyway. That perfume you had on was burning my nose." She remarked with a snarky tone. 

Gryffin was about to retort until Celeste cut in, but the look he saw on Jess's face during their scuffle definitely frightened him. "Just be quiet or else I shove the rest of my cloak into your mouth to hush you up." He wiped his forehead of soot and dirt, the sensation irritating him. Though surprisingly, his anxiety about no longer having his mask wasn't as bad as he thought it would have been after an extended amount of time. But it was weird people could see his face.

"I'm ready to get the hell out of here." Celeste said.

"Right. Leave it to me! Naolyn and Daiman deserve a break on our sky trip." Said Rai, doing a head-count of everybody present. "So this is it! Welcome aboard Rai Airlines!" He grinned, raising his arms up towards the group to lift them into the air, rising with them. "A Zero-gravity flight for Mother's sanctuary!" Rai announced once they began to ascend towards the sky.

Ray thinks as he helps buy some more time for Xavier "that should help as well give him some more time till we get back."

Ray thinks as they leave "Did i just take some top secret documents that are quite damning. It form what i seen on my glances only dams Axe." As he thinks that something dons on Ray "That Zuleka let me get way with those top secret documents."

Ray says with a smile "lot better than i was thinking on how it was going go."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom