No More Heroes

Status
Not open for further replies.
"I-I'm not kidding.." Tomy coughed. "They're coming.. in the masses.." He lifted his finger, pointing towards the direction of where they're going to appeared. "There.."

From afar, there was a influx of men and women in uniforms marching down Augustine, Maine. Helicopters, tanks, soldiers with highly tech weapons and well-crafted armor, slowly going to gathered around the collapsing base where the Busters where, but there was a noticeable distance between the two parties. One particular soldier came out of the crowd--a general, with a stern face, brownish-skin with a scar on the side of his face. He had a mircophone on his hand, in order to make sure that the Busters are heard. It seems that they have no intention of attacking, at least not immediately. 

"We're the United States military; you are completely committing multiple acts of terrorism, destruction of property and other charges that have be done" He spoke. "To get down to business, I urge you folks to surrender yourself immediately, before you do something you'll regret." 

==============================================

Nessa landed on the oxen-Celeste. "Augh.. thanks. I'll be in real trouble if I got caught up or worse." Nessa noticed the the Special Squad members still being flung. When attempts to grabbed the closest one to her - Aya and Dead Eye. The others were too far for her reach until her legs regenerate. "Ray, Celeste! Catch the others!" She looked around to see where was the machine was, but it seems to be buried further downwards from the surprise attack from Celeste. 

Further down, the machine was not properly functional. Axe tried to smash the button multiple times, but it proven to be futile. His body began to take toll from Ray's chemicals, because of the lack of protection that Aya provided is now gone. "D-damnit...! I won't let it ends like this!" 

A single hand burst through the armor of the machine, ripping it out and toss it behind. Axe covered his face when it was done, then proceed to look who it was-- his eyes were narrowed. "You! W-what are you doing here!?"

Raster looked around a bit, making sure there weren't anymore visitors, then, made his way. "Group of specials cause destruction on your home? Huh, that's sounds rather familiar.." Sweat dripped on the side of his head. He have a hunch that Chris might be referring to them; though to avoid having any problems, he opted saying anything more than that. 

Ray thinks as he catches the other pods"Axe should not be able to do much more. time to play the what and see game."  looking at the army and thinks "if needed i can take care of a far number."

Naolyn stared at the army then back to her friends. She didn't want to fight but she knew that if she didn't, the army would only take her and her friend away yet again. Her eyes narrowed and her fists turned white by how hard she had to squeeze them. She knew her friends were in no shape to fight but she couldn't back down. She had to think for a moment. She could only think of one thing to say.

"We need help. We're horribly wounded." She said loud enough for them to hear. "We won't attack you if you help us. We're trying to stop this pointless fighting. I don't wanna fight, none of us do, so please, just help us."

===============

Ryder listened to Naolyn, nervous about what may happen next. He moved next to Xavier and Ebonwu, making sure that if anything did happen, he would be able to defend them. Tico didn't say anything but quivered, scared as to what might the army do in response to Naolyn.

"Please don't do anything rash..." Ryder whispered to himself.

"! That voice...!" Brick walked over to the front as he carried Tomy, stepping close to the edge of the rooftop. The look on his face mirrored that of the general on the ground.

"General. Right now, arresting the Busters is not the main objective we have anymore. General Zuleka is trapped inside this building with the Special Squad and some other Busters... with former General Axe. Make of it what you will, but lives are on the line because of his plan. What he plans to accomplish with a machine... no, a weapon, we weren't aware was under development... even if Specials are feared, it's not humane!" He turned his head to face the loud noises coming from inside the building before turning back to the military. 

"Set aside the charges and fight the real enemy at hand. It is not an option to allow genocide once again." Brick's voice boomed deep and loud, carried by the Maine winds. "I will not give you that option."

Cernia kept quiet, stepping back a bit. She didn't want a repeat of what happened when they broke into the facility that Zaion and Leo had under their command. Perhaps it excited her then to inflict pain on the normals, but it was asking for death at their current position. They didn't have another special to fight-- they were fighting a monster in man's clothing. Cernia didn't want to step down, her anger didn't allow it. But she didn't want to draw the first blood. 
=============

Celeste watched Ray catch the others of the special squad and snorted loudly, turning her head towards the words of the general. It looks like the scumbags weren't going to miss out on another scandal with these guys. She thought with a stomp of her hoof. She gazed at Nessa, unsure of whether or not to leave Axe there or simply leave. Was he talking to himself?

===========

"Ah, that incident. I don't wonder about who or why. The fact is people were hurt and many people died. I can't forgive that they were left to die." Magness remarked. "That place was no different than a holding pen for cattle to the slaughter. It was only a matterof time in hindsight, but nobody expected it."

"Agreed. Compared to my last home, it was paradise though. What's this Mother like, anyway?" Chris asks, keeping close.

The effects of the chemicals invading General Axe's body, continues to grow as Axe tried his absolute best to move his body backwards; sweats forms around his head, as it dripped down from the side of his face, towards the ground. It seems that he was trying to get out, or perhaps another motive? The figure that tore through the doors was Zuleka. Her face was emotionless as she stared down Axe.

"Looks like you hit rock bottom, Axe." Zuleka said. "You're done."

"I'm afraid I'm not, Miss Zuleka." Axe chuckled a bit. "What with that.. look. Seen someone you loved died? Heh.." Immediately, Zuleka grabbed onto his shirt and pulled him closer to her face. 

"Oh? Did I made you upset? You're going to kill me?"

"No. Your death won't be worth the satisfaction. You're going to be put away for the rest of your life, Axe as you watch the world evolve and away from your pointless ideologies of turning the world into your little playground. It's time to wake up, your day of playing hero, is over."

"I have to disagree with that notation. I'm sacrificing my own being, in the pursuit of preserving peace.. and if I can't become their hero that I deserved to be for wasting my life for this.." Axe, with all his might, pushed himself away from Zuleka. From there, he'd slammed his hand onto button. "Then, there shall be NO MORE HEROES!"

The machine activated one more, although it in it's critical state. Zuleka jumped back due to the amount of dust it emitted due to it using the damaged rocket boosters from it's bottom. It blasted itself upwards. 

=============================================

Nessa checked out her legs. "Okay, looks like my legs are good as new.." Nessa said. "Good work, Celeste. I don't know if Axe can survive that, but let's use the chance for getting onto the surface.." Nessa looked up. "Our friends must be worry about u-"

Before Nessa has a chance to speak, the machine zoom past all three of them, continuing up wards toward the surface to where the others are. Is Axe's intention is to get the rest of the busters in a machine that nearly on the verge of self-destruction?

"General.. Brick, one of the UN General." The US General had doubt in his voice as he listen to the statements, Brick had stressed. "Even if we would to believe that, we can't lend these Busters anymore excuses this time around. Of all the things they do, all the things they can considered, they decide that directly attacking the United Nations head on would be the best and possible option? The hell did they expect!? For us to completely sweep it under the rug?" General Buck's tone of voice became more rash compare to the tone of voice moments ago. 

"If there is something out there, then let us handle it. You have done more than enough here." The General spoke. "So once again, surrender, or we'll be forced to sho-"

The ground they were standing on began to shake. Axe's machine flew out of the hole that Nessa, Celeste and Ray were in, and aim towards the sky. Both of it legs were damaged. It only had one arm, with was sporting it's blade. "You won't join me? Fine! I have tons of specials that I can capture, can easily replace every single one of you to use for my gains! You're noting more than TINY CHILDREN COMPARE TO I! You're just a nuisance to humanity and specials alike!!!!"

"What the bloody hell is that!?" The US General shouted. 

"Y-yeah.." Raster cleared his throat as all of them went inside a particular tunnel that has a pathway. "Well.." He turns to Chris in regards about Mother. "She's a very kind woman, with lots of experiences about survival and the sort. She caters to all specials, regardless of where they from and provide them with education. Because of her, most of us managed to find a safe haven to get away from society. Though, only a hand full of us are even aware of Mother's existence.. and, it may be selfish, we tend to keep it that way to avoid conflict." There was a doorway towards the haven. "Ah, there it is. Once we get pass that little gate, we shall be there. Kira is usually guarding the place, but she's a bit mean, so don't mind her." Raster said. 

Naolyn turned back to face Axe and his machine. She took several steps back, scared as to what this machine was and what it was capable of doing. She quickly jumped back, moving closer to the US General and pointed in the other direction.

"Run! You need to get out of here!" Naolyn shouted. "Let us handle this battle, call for back up or something!" Naolyn quickly returned back to Gio's side and took a familiar fighting stance, one matching Gio's. "Alright Gio-Senpai! I hope you weren't just slacking off while you were in jail! Let's kick this guy's ass!" 

Naolyn did not make any rash movements but she did try to hold the machine back using a weak invisible barrier. She did this to mostly protect the humans behind them.

===============

Ryder gasped at the huge machine and help shield Ebonwu and Xavier from any debris flying around. He narrowed his eyes at what Axe was planning to do with them in that machine. He growled and held out his arm, Tico instinctively wrapping around it. He stayed in his place, wishing to protect his fallen friends.

"Just hang in there you two, I'll keep you guys protected as best I can..." Ryder said. "Where the hell is that medic?!"

Ray was quietly carrying the pods he had cot till he seen the weapon go past. Ray looks at Celeste and Nessa and asks shocked "was that what i think that was that went past us?" Ray thinks "I know it was nonlethal but it should prevented him form doing any thing like this."

"I-I don't know.. I think that was the Axe and his machine. We need to get up there before he gets to our friends." Nessa said, sweating a bit. She didn't understand how Axe was able to move -- at least of what she understand Ray's ability, he should have been unable to move at this point. She looked down, to see where the voice was coming from earlier. "Hm..'

=======================

Mother was sitting down on a chair on the porch of her home, reading a book to Heather. "It's been quite a while since Raster had gone out.." She thought. "I also wonder.. how the Busters are doing.."

Ray thinks moving along "They have that technology that can make a verbal cue act like a switch for machine. Its the only thing that makes any seance that that old man had the fortitude to say some thing before being unable to move or speech." Ray says "cliche used a verbal cue to trigger some thing, my best hunch is self-detonation."

John rotated his shoulder.

"One last last last dance right guys?" He asked eyeing Axe and the machine. "Feels like I should just get launched bullet style and drag that thing outta the sky."

---

Heather looked up at Mother.

"Hm... I-I hope they're all right... It sounded b-bad..."

"...uhhh." Ebon groans, getting up. "What's with the noise?"

He grabs his head and stares at the ground.

"Why am I so tired...?"

(I'll be temporarily taking over Raimundo for Raditz, y'all. Just so you know)

"That's what I was talking about!" Brick yelled over the noise. "You have to get out of here, or else you will needlessly sacrifice more soldiers than the last skirmish!" He shouted to General Buck. "I don't know what else Axe is capable of if he could still launch the Machine!"

"I could help you with that, though we need a good angle where we catch 'im by surprise." Raimundo said in response to John. "With him in the air, it's pretty risky going in close...." He remembered Daiman getting impaled and shuddered violently. 

"You overexerted yourself and passed out, Ebon." Yoon said, having remained by his and Xavier's side. "Axe is still alive and kicking, but now we have a whole army of people to deal with."

"You think he'll still be able to shoot stuff at us?" Cernia inquired.

"That means Nessa, Ray, and Celeste are still down there!" Gryffin ran back towards the giant hole, cupping his hands around his mouth. "HEY! You guys alright!?"
==================

Celeste snorted through her nose, lowering her body to the ground, looking up toward Gryffin's voice.

==================

"Seems so, my friend. Perhaps you'll find yours here." Magness said. "I would understand the secrecy of this location now. I wasn't expecting it to be this well hidden, though."

"Hey, gotta take measures to protect ourselves." Raster said. All three of them arrived at the gate, but there was a young, but mature woman standing by. She moved and turns to Raster. "Who're they?"

"Travelers from the far off region, it seems. They're friendly." Raster asked. "It looks like they were searching for this place."

"Are they from the Busters?" Kira asked.

Raster turns to the duo and turns back. "No. It seems that they're like the others with the Busters problem."

"I see." Kira turns to the duo. "Your names?" 

----------

"I'm sure that they're alright, Heather." Mother said in response. "They're the kind of people who can't really be put down, regardless of unintentional problems they've brought." 

=====================

"Yeah! We're alright!" Nessa heard Gryffin's voice. "You two, grabbed hold of me. We're getting out of here." 

"This is insane!" Jess said, jumping behind Gryffin. "Hey, you're big enough to take a blow or two! I'm too beautiful tok die! Where's the heck is Aya!?" Jess shouted towards the ground where Nessa and the others were.

---------

General Buck narrowed his eyes after Brick explained that Axe was in the machine. He couldn't believe his eyes. "A-xe! What are you doing? Cease your doings now!" Buck shouted. One of the soldier tapped on his shoulder.

"Sir, I think UN General Brick's statement is correct." The soldier said. "We have to forced our hands."

"... Right." Buck turns towards the machine. "Readied your weapons!" The first row of soldiers pointed their guns towards the machine. 

The Machine was already at it's limit. It can no longer support itself  and cannot sustain any further damage. Yet, Axe was still persist to drawn the battle, even if it means killing everyone in the area. "If I have to kill a few to save billions, then so be it." Axe said. "If I can't become a guardian that protects the earth, then all of you can burn in hell!" Axe shouted. "I'll cut you deep and find me new specials to replace every single one of you, to fuel my machine!" His voice became constrained. His movements became slowed and unable breathe properly. "Perish.." He aimed the machine forward to attack, revealing the blade that used to slice Xavier's legs and killed Daiman. 

The military immediately fired but the bullets wasn't slowing the machine down as it rushed towards them. General Buck, unable to pull back his men, his eyes narrowed with the blade inches from his face, despair was written all over his face. However, the blade nearly stopped in front of Buck's face, causing him to fall over due to the wind pressure. He looked up, seeing the machine was being wrapped around by a giant, particular snake-like creature, restricting it's movements. 

"What!?" Axe tried to move the machine, but it was proven futile. "Move damnit! Why won't you move!" Axe slammed the buttons, but from that point, his movements is considered restricted as well. The full effect of Ray's chemicals have been set and stone. "N-no!" 

"Let's end this.." 

Axe heard a voice. "Who-who is th-"

The snake-like creature gripped strongly around the machine, causing it to be busted from several places. The pod that Axe was in, was beginning to close in. Unable to move, Axe let out a scream as the pod was completely closed on him. 

From the top of the destroyed building, rest Daiman as he held his chest with his right arm, while using his left arm to signal off an attack. "That's enough.. no more .." Daiman gripped his hand, causing the machine to cave in within itself, before letting go. The machine collapsed into many pieces, with Axe's arm being visible out of the pile of rubble--but it appears to be twitching.

"What the..." Xavier looked in awe as the machine burst apart. "What was-- wait, DAIMAN?" He saw Daiman's figure in the distance as he squinted (I'm assuming he's visible from the top of the UN building XD). "So--- you think they'll let us off with that little stunt Axe pulled, Tomy?"

Ray says "i take it you want us to take the knocked out with us." Ray with the pods on him dos as she says.

(I'll be handling Gio until Raditz comes back)

Before Naolyn launched an attack, she stopped to see the large snake wrapping around Axe's machine. She didn't know what to think other than there might be another special willing to help them out. She did notice something a little familiar about the snakes but she just couldn't out her hands on it. Regardless, she watched as the machine was effortlessly crushed by the snake, with Axe's hand sticking out from the rubble. 

"W-Whoa..." Naolyn whispered. "Who's snake is this..?"

===============

Ryder stared in disbelief at the sight before him and felt his eyes widen. He didn't know what to believe but he wasn't about to just stand there and do nothing. He was about to stand up and rip the rubble off of Axe but a familiar voice caught his attention. He looked to the top of the building and noticed Daiman controlling the giant snake that destroyed the machine.

"D-Daiman?!" Ryder questioned loudly. "Is that Daiman?!"

"Baby face?!" Tico said wildly.

==============

Gio prepared to attack the machine with Naolyn but even he was left breathless and shocked to see the giant snake destroy this machine. His eyes widen but he seemed angry that he was unable to stop or even properly fight Axe and his machine. 

"Damnit! Why does everyone have to take my damn fun?!" Gio shouted. "Who's the smart guy that ended this fight, huh?! I'll burn him instead!"

Gryffin sneered in Jess's direction. "As if! I'd sooner push you down this damned hole! Or I'd sit on you again!" Then he looked back down it once he heard Nessa respond. "You guys better get up here... quick! I'm kinda surprised myself."

Celeste had shifted back into her human form, gripping onto Nessa's side before looking up. "Yeah, we're alright." Though she looked confused by his statements.

========

"That can't be him! I saw Axe stab through him like a kabob! No way! There's no way he would've... survived it." Cernia fell quiet once he remembered how Sound managed to stay alive and talking, after all the damage he sustained. "But.... that doesn't.... seem like him. A-are you guys sure it's not someone el--"

"No, Cernia. It's definitely him. I saw him create a snake that looked a whole lot like that when we were preparing to break in and rescue you guys." Raimundo's expression was serious. "I wouldn't know any other Special who would make those kinds of things from thin air. Let alone see a real snake that big. If that's not luck he's still alive, I don't know what is."

"Daiman!?" Yoon scrambled upwards as Brick took a step back, his eyes fixated on where Axe was left in the rubble. "Daiman!!" Her eyes filled back up with tears, trying to see through them and confirm if it really was him as she pushed past the others.

"Is it... really you?" Such a demeanor was hardly the Daiman she knew. 

"Yoon..." Cernia mumbled. "That can't be Daiman, could it, Gio?" She hadn't ever seen such a thing from him before. "No way..."
===================

"Howdy! My name is Magness." Magness introduced himself with a warm smile. "Salutations."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom