Into the Whirlpool (Ended/Perma Hiatus)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Salty Tom was getting really tired of Zyon's foolery. He made a mental note to punch him in the face first chance he got.

"Well, I only joke when I said I'mma keep all the food. I'll share but I get to eat the good food." Zyon joked. "Regardless... anyone got an idea on how we're gonna get out of here?" Zyon purred to Marina, obviously, he was trying to get some action. "When we escape, I'll make sure to share my room with you, beautiful lady~"

==============

John returned to the prison block with a blanket and food for the prisoners as well as some medicine. He made sure to give the prisoners their food. He seemed nice enough to all of them with the obvious vendetta to Zyon. He made sure to give them a well rounded meal of bread, rice, a small piece of chicken and a small bowl of soup. 

"Hope you all eat well. It might be chilly tonight so I bought you all some blankets..." John said slipping a blanket through the bars. 

He particularly took care with Roger, tending to his wounds if any with the little medicine he had. He made sure to keep his food warm by keeping it covered by the corner and placed the blanket over him. He didn't seem as cold as he talked. He returned to the post and gave Marina a fresh bottle of water.

"I know you have to keep up with your hydration." He frowned. "Just let me know if you need any more water."

"Why thank you, I don't get why you work here though if your as kind as you seem..." Jericho said a bit inquisitively.

"We wont really need these as I gave us all heated-armaments earlier (the flame-sheildy incantation) but its definitely much appreciated" he transferred some of the incantation's effect to John as well.

"Don't even bother thinking about escape. Those who walk a path of darkness shall continue on it, until they succumb to the darkness and DIE." Blackford said, walking towards the prisoners.

"Unless those on such a path redeem themselves and walk towards the light, they live a life worse then death, making those around them suffer and writhe in agony."

---

Bleck fell over in a dark corner, breathing in and out as the salt water seeped from his clothing.

"Bloody, freaking, water..."

Marina smiled deviously at Zyon. "Of course. I won't mind giving you the bed of sea urchin to sleep in." She said before drinking from her bottle after thanking John curtly.

"Ugh, my head... it feels like I got trampled by three horses." Roger groaned as he slowly began to regain consciousness. "Food...?"

=========

"There you are! Guess I wasn't the only one that went overboard." Zora stood before Bleck in her own damp clothes, though her hands and feet were red and covered in scratches. "If you don't want to get caught out here and catch cold, we ought to break out Roger and the others. They've probably got some good weapons on em too, those Guild members."

"H-Heh.. That doesn't sound very...comfy." Zyon chuckled. "I think you don't have a fancy towards me. Don't worry, you'll see my charm soon enough~!"

Zyon began to stuff his face full of food.

==============

John seemed to get angry at Zyon trying to make some moves on MArina but he had to pay attention to Roger for now. He went over to his cell and actually looked concerned about his well-being. 

"Hey, how are you feeling?" John said calmly. "I can give you some medicine if you wish. I can't open the cell tho' so you'd have to take the medicine on your own."

Salty Tom blinked, "Did I hear Cap'n roger? EYO, CAP! Great to hear you! Too bad you're in here with us."

"So while we are here, why dont you two tell us a story or something? just pass the time you know?" Jericho wanted to be a part of the current events, but was in no rush.

Roger didn't meet John's gaze. ".... This is nothing. I don't need your help." He said with contempt in his voice, having hated Dragon Eye Members. John was an oddball for how their cruelty didn't look to be as strong in him. "Why would you help a pirate like me anyway? People like us are despised by you lot."

"You aren't wrong. I couldn't care less for your well being." Said Wallace, shrugging a bit. "But you must be an important person for the Lady to order us not to kill you immediately."

"I wasn't talking to you, brine drinker!" Roger shot Wallace a glare, rubbing his temple and looking around. Zora and the one from earlier weren't there with him. "So we're stuck in here."

"A story?" Marina asked Jericho, looking away from the banter at the other side of the cell. "All I've got are just sea stories. Mr. Pirate over there must be full of them." Her tone was spiteful. Pirates were another group of scum after mermaids. For their scales, or crazy enough for their head and tailfins. "I remember the tale of the Leviathan. And how it swallowed up helpless humans and their ship in one dive with its jaws wide open."

==========

"Of course not! That's why we find it and hide out. Hit 'em when they least expect it! They probably take it easy in the jail when they're not on the job." Said Zora. "Unless you've got a better plan."

"Ooh! A leviathan eh? Sounds cool... best I got is people sitting around a college--- " Jericho trailed off and stared into the corner of his cell.

"Well... you're still human, regardless if you're a pirate." John said softly. "Besides, I may not like you pirates but I'm not cold blooded enough to just leave you wounded. I know, I know... I'm pathetic but I won't let anyone get hurt, even if they are the bad guy. Just relax and quit moving around, you're just gonna make your wounds worse." 

John turned to Wallace before shaking his head, almost ashamed of even being in the same guild as him. He turned back to Roger. "Just ignore him..."

==============

Zyon listened to Marina's tale and began to laugh a bit. He didn't seem at all interested in old sailor stories. He spoke up after Marina.

"Sounds like a salty story to me." He remarked. "A giant monster just eating a ship and crew whole? I'll tell ya a good story. There's a tale about an underwater cave filled with treasures from every corner of the globe! Gold, pearls, rubies, and emeralds! Legend says that the man who left his treasure behind wanted no one to ever find it so he can die in the mountains of treasures. The island he left his treasure in was engulfed by a huge tidal wave where he never saw it again. Legend has it that he made a map to anyone brave enough to find his treasure. They say that the ghosts of the hundreds of people he killed guard that underwater cave and drown anyone who gets close, adding another soul to forever guard his treasure."

Zyon smirked to himself. "Rumor says that anyone who can find his treasure and live to tell the tale will be known as the world's best treasure hunter. But in order to prove it, they need to bring back a very specific treasure. The most valuable treasure in that cave... The Golden Triton."

Marina shrugged a shoulder. "I happen to just like things that eat up people. Though around here, no fish would ever be that big. Except for the manatee. They're just slow mini whales." Then she stuck out her tongue at the other story. "Come on, that one? Those ghosts were probably a bunch of wet tablecloths anyway." She commented. 

"I suppose credit is given where it's due. At least you went for something that wasn't The Sea Madness." Marina opened her eyes all the way using her fingers. "It isn't even real sea madness! The sailors just drink sea water our of stupidity thinking it works like freshwater." 

"Hmph. Guess you lot aren't all bad... I'll tell ya an even better story! But this one is one I'm going to see with my own two eyes! The place is Dea...d....s...sss...." Roger fell back to sleep before he could finish his sentence. "Zz...."

Marina looked at Roger with a quirked eyebrow. "Is he drunk?"

"Probably, but it must've been how he got knocked out when we came to arrest them. I thought he'd fall off the ship and drown! The Lady would kill us if that happened." Said Wallace.

"Why doesn't your 'lady' not want us dead exactly?" Jericho asked in retort to Wallace.

"Yeah, well, at least wet towels are more believable and scary than a giant fish!" Zyon pouted. "Besides, I heard that cave is guarded by mermaids." Zyon smirked to himself before chuckling. "I just so happen to have met a person who saw the mermaids first hand."

===========

"I guess the medicine must be kicking in on the poor fella'." John rose to his feet and took his usual seat. He turned his back to the crew and jotted down a couple of things in a notebook. "He should be okay if he gets some rest." He overheard Zyon's story and rolled his eyes, obviously not impressed. "You really believe a dumb story like that?"

"It's not dumb! It's true I tell ya'! I'm gonna go after that Golden Triton and be known as the world's best treasure hunter and thief!"

"If we're lucky, those spirits will keep you as their own."

"I don't think it's stealing if the one who owned it is dead." Marina remarked before clearing her throat. "I'm sure all the mermaids there have cleaned the place out by now anyway. Assuming none of the sea friends mistook it all for lunch." 

"It isn't that she's interested in all of you per se. That guy over there?" Wallace pointed at Roger, slumped over asleep. "She's adamant about him not dying. I don't know details since I'm not her right hand or anything, but it might be that they got some kind of history going. He's usually managed to escape our grasp but it looks like he didn't get out of the scene of his crime fast enough. Probably has a good reward for his head, or maybe she'd want to kill him herself. Dunno." He shrugged. "She's only said he was anold friend. Doubt they were actual friends but you never know with her."

"But you guys, we've mostly never seen, so it isn't like you'll all be hanged or something. Fish girl fetches a nice price, so I could see Milady Klain wanting her alive."

Marina eventually stopped talking and stared resolutely at the wall. "..."

=======

"Alright, then let's get going to that jailhouse! Wherever it is." Said Zora.

"Well sounds like your leader friend might want Roger all for herself." Zyon's eyes widen. "I claim that this is all a forced marriage! Man, If he gets married then he's really gonna be in prison. Only difference is that the shackle will be on his finger!"

=========

John seemed to get slightly defensive about Marina's situation but he knew he couldn't say anything at the moment. He didn't want anything to happen to the girl so he tried to think up of a plan to get Marina back to the ocean, or at least somewhere safe. He can't risk just letting Marina go but he can't let a mermaid get killed off or sold away.

"Hey Wallace." John said. "Think you can bring me another notebook? The pages of this one are running out and I need to write a report."

"Not stealing if they're dead eh'? The guards at the cemetery seemed to disagree with me on that" Jericho said annoyed and lightly grinning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom