Into the Whirlpool (Ended/Perma Hiatus)

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Shaaaaaaaark! Oh lord and heavens above! They are everywhere! Hundreds! Large ones! Bigger than the ships! O' please! Run not to the docks! Flee!" Zyon continued to make a huge scene. He seemed to be enjoying himself a little too much but he was a troublemaker after all. He glanced back to Zora and the others to check their status.

==============

"Hmm... You have a point, Sir Blackford. We should keep a closer eye on her." John gave Marina a warm smile. "Please, don't worry. I promise I will catch those evil doers and prove your innocence!" John tapped his chest proudly before chuckling sheepishly. "But there is nothing I can do if you are guilty, Lady Marina."

After he heard the screaming and panic outside, he rose to his feet, alert. He glanced at Blackford before taking his large sword and stopping by the exit. He always seemed to rush into the danger with little regard to his life.

"Inform the others about the danger! We might have more pirates in these cells soon enough!" John rushed out the area, rushing to aid any and all civilians in danger. He only hoped that it wasn't too late.

"What's all this commotion? They're so rowdy!" Leigh remarked with annoyance.

"Something about sharks?" Wallace said after listening to the shouts and screams. 

"But those are always passing by. They don't normally get this anxious. I suppose we have to deal with it, given our orders to patrol the docks." Leigh sighed, exasperated. "How tedious."

"It's our job. We ought to deal with those sharks soon. They could be beached and flailing about for all we know." The two were well on their way, but weaving through the crowds of panicking people was a bit difficult.

==============

Marina lay on the tiling to pick at the soup glumly. 
I just want to get out of here... I'm all alone now... 

============

"Zora, pull me up first so I can help Bleck on." Roger called.

"Alright! Uh..." Zora made a mediocre knot around one of the nearby poles and pulled on Roger's rope. Once he climbed on, he ran over to Bleck's rope. "I've got you now." He and Zora began pulling the rope taut.

Jericho calmly wandering about the dock looked to the boat were Bleck was going aboard, he nonchalantly walked over to them and called out, "Toss me a rope too!"

Bleck climbed onto the ship, forcefully concealing laughter.

"Ah what a rush!" He said, before looking towards Jericho.

"Should we let that guy on? Or just ignore and get out of dodge?"

---

Blackford watched John leave before glancing at Marina.

"I remember when I had similar attractions to similar things. How it ruined me." He stated before walking out of the prison, trying to catch up to John but failing thanks to his slow pace.

Jericho yelled again, "C'mon man, don't you want the only enchanter in the city aboard your ship?"

As Zyon ran and shook people around, he did steal a couple of coins from people. He chuckled between his screams but he noticed that the Dragon Eye members were slowly started to come out. He thought it would be a nice idea to back away from the chaos for now and head to the ship. He rushed near the dock and looked up to Zora, asking her to toss down a rope. He taunted her a bit.

"H-Hey!" Zyon said, a bit frantic. "Lil' lady, toss down a rope, will ya'? I don't wanna get caught by these Dragon goons!"

=============

As John rushed outside and past the frantic people, he noticed Zyon near the dock and he grew very angry. The history and rivalry he had with Zyon always seemed to tick him off. Regardless, he always seemed to put the citizens first than Zyon, no matter how badly he makes him mad. He tried his best to calm down the citizens and asked where the danger was.

"Where is the danger, citizen?" John questioned.

"That man!" A woman pointed at Zyon. "He said there were sharks in the dock! Hundreds of them!"

"Well... I'll have the docks safe in no time! Please, head to safer grounds, I'll take care of that man." John said, watching the woman run off. He averted his eyes to Zyon and made his way to the dock a couple of feet from Zyon. He seemed annoyed above all but kept his sword in his hand. He cleared his throat, making Zyon turn around to face him.

"Well well! What have we here?" Zyon chuckled, messing his hair up. "If it ain't John-And-No-Barkly! Still trailin' over lil' ol' Zyon?"

"You are under arrest for disturbing the peace and several cases of robbery! Come peacefully or--" John was cut off by Zyon.

"-- Or we will use force. Yeah, yeah... I've heard it e'nuff times t' rewrite every law in this town. I'm afraid you're too late as usual, Barky."

"Halt, thief! Make not one more step if you know what's good for you!"

"My girlfriend is my ticket out of here~" Zyon was still frantic for Zora to throw the rope to lead him up. "Hurry up lil' lady!"

Overhearing the events of Zyon and John, and not having a rope yet, Jericho enchanted John's greaves with an armoring spell, they should have felt as though there was hundreds of pounds of iron on those shoes. The spell was sure to buy them all just a bit more time.

(Sorry I took so long to respond guys! I was caught up in studying for my midterm I haven't had time to plan how I'd do the next move. 

So! Given how I'm going to make this Jailbreak arc play out is that I've flipped a coin for Heads or Tails. Heads meaning the person I flip for will be one of the ones breaking in to the jail and bust out the necessary peeps! Tails, well, off to jail. Here are my results for you all:

Jailed: Zyon, Roger, Jericho
Rescuers: Zora, Bleck 

Those who will be rescuers will end up "falling" off the ship, being presumed to be caught up in the tide and drowned by Dragon Eye. This will be your opportunity to rescue your crewmates! YARR!!!!)

"Little!? I'm not little!" Zora yapped angrily. 

"Doesn't matter, as long as we get away!" Roger shouted, prompting Zora to toss ropes here and there. She was sweating from all the running about she did. 

Roger held the rope for Zyon. "You best quit your yappin' and climb on before that magic wears off!"

"There! On the ship over there!" Wallace and Leigh were at a distance watching the commotion unfold from the current Guild members and the Pirates there. "We haven't been detected yet, but it looks like we've got trouble." 

"It's not like you lot don't have your own mage with you." Leigh, being a seasoned magician, knew that there was something up finding some of the Guild unable to move. "Now get around and into that ship. I've got just the thing to keep them in place." Leigh opened her spellbook and ducked behind a palm tree. "That vessel won't be going anywhere."

Wallace began running towards the ship, unsure of what Leigh was planning. "We've got to get up there somehow! John, can you move? What's the matter?"

Jericho watched as Zyon wasted the spell duration, he hadn't noticed the guild members closing in at him.

"I could REALLY do with that rope right about now!" Jericho screamed to Zora.

"HEY YOU JERKS WHAT ARE YOU DOING UP THERE!" Jericho screamed as he flailed at the ship.

"If you keep up your yapping, I'll toss you into the ocean myself!" Zora yelled, picking up one of the thrown ropes and chucking it directly at Jericho. "You better climb fast before one of them grabs your foot!"

Jericho yelled to Zora, "It'ad never been a problem if you were faster!"
He grabbed the rope as fast as he could, and tried to climb it aggressively,
About half way up he slipped and lost any further progress.

"Ay~! Thank ya'" Zyon grabbed the rope, climbing as fast as he possibly could. He looked back at John, giving him a two finger salute before rushing up the ship. He snickered at how easily he avoided John yet again but deep down, he felt somewhat bored. He hurried up the rope, trying to avoid any more damage or any sort of magic. He held on to the edge of the ship, seemingly a bit out of breath but cocky as ever.

"Yeesh, this was rather fun, huh?" Zyon chuckled.

=============

John attempted to rush after Zyon but he felt his boots caught up in a heavy spell. He struggled to free himself but it was hopeless for the moment. He gritted his teeth and stared at Wallace. He seemed somewhat embarrassed. 

"These criminals casted a spell on my feet and I cannot move! Curse these criminals!" John said, struggling to move his feet. "I believe this spell will wear off in a short moment. Do not let these criminals get away!"

As he finished his sentence, he was finally able to move and he rushed at the edge of the dock, watching Zyon's infamous two finger salute. He snarled and gripped his sword tightly. He was so close to finally grabbing Zyon but failed. He didn't want to let this moment past him and ran down the dock, attempting to chase the ship down or find a way on.

You won't get away from me, Zytaveon... You and your good-for-nothing pirates! Thought John.

"There goes one-- aagh!" Zora's pulling on the rope that held Jericho caused her to stumble back and stumble backwards falling on her seat. 

"You're mine, belligerent!" Wallace leapt to where Jericho landed and immediately whipped out some iron cuffs. "Don't resist and you won't have many problems." He cuffed one wrist while he had the chance.

"Now let's get going before they climb on!" Roger moved to the sails and make sure they'd work with the wind and help them shove off into the sea, but he found that nothing was moving. He tried the wheel for steering, but it didn't budge either. Purple translucent chains appeared around certain areas of the ship. "What?!"

Leigh smiled to herself, having approached closer proximity to the ship. "Today just isn't your lucky day. Make it fast arresting them. Those chains won't last all day, you know." She said to the other Dragon Eye members.

"This is kinda ironic actually" Jericho exclaimed as he held his other hand readily to Wallace and held a wide grin on his face.

"Also, please remember to take my staph as it would otherwise cause mass chaos if you left it to the elements"

Bleck looked behind him, seeing Jericho and noticing the ship wasn't moving.

"What's the hold up guys?"

---

Blackford moved as fast as he could towards the ship, though he was an old man.

Zyon pulled himself on top of the ship and let out a small sigh of relief and some panting. He was happy to be on the ship but noticed that it wasn't moving. He didn't panic but grew a bit worried and tried to find a way to escape with the crew. He tried to help with what he could but knew there was only so much he can do. He fled to where the chains where and began to hack at them, if he could, with his curved dagger. 

"Man, what's with this magic anyways?!" Zyon complained. "Always gotta annoy people and stuff!"

===============

John was running by the dock and found a nearby building to climb to the top of. He knew it would be risky but he would have to jump from the building to the ship in order to catch the pirates. He was strongly built so a fall wouldn't hurt him too bad, especially from the height he was in. He made his way inside the building, apologizing to the owner and everyone else for barging in. He finally made it to the roof and looked at the distance between the ship and the building. He gulped, thinking it wasn't such a great idea after all. His motivation came back as soon as he heard Zyon's voice.

"Right! C'mon John... do it for the Dragon Eye!" He took several steps back and began running as fast as he could to the edge and finally made his leap of faith. "For the Dragon Eye!"

When he landed on the ship, he tripped and tackled Zyon away from the magical chains. He shook his head, the fall being rough on him. He quickly rose to his feet and held out some iron hand cuffs. 

"You are ALL under arrest!"

Salty Tom was still in jail, playing his accordion. He had absolutely no idea what was going on outside.

"You'll won't take us alive!" Roger said, wagging his finger, before unsheathing his cutlass. "If you want a fight, then you're walkin the plank!" He hoped this would help the others buy time.

"Try harder! What the heck is that stuff?!" Zora exclaimed, trying to rush Zyon before looking behind her and taking her knives out. "No way are we listening to you bloodhounds!"

"I'll take this one, Wallace. You get up there. Only a few more minutes until those chains wear off, you know." Leigh walked up to the two. "John needs a hand with how many there are." 

Wallace pried the staff from Jericho's possession and handed it to her, nodding silently before taking off to the ship, using his sword to climb up it like Zora did. 

"Alright, you're coming with me now." Leigh stood Jericho upright securing that both his hands were cuffed, holding his staff tucked under an arm.

(Sorry I took forever to respond guys!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom