Into the Whirlpool (Ended/Perma Hiatus)

Status
Not open for further replies.
(Gromit isn't allowed on boats, he chases the seagulls off and runs elsewhere. :p)

"I'm not going down!" Zora struggled to get back up from where she was pushed, but found a knife flung into the wood in front of her.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you." Said Wallace, having already managed to shackle Roger and slam him onto the ground. 

Zora saw nobody else on the deck, unsure where Bleck went. 

"Z-Zora... you need to run." Roger wheezed out from under Wallace'a foot.

"No point in that. We've more backup on the docks." Interjected Wallace.

"Shut up! AAAAAAH!!!" Zora charged forward full force with her other knife aimed for Wallace. 

[img=500x200]http://clipartist.net/RSS/openclipa..._book_sound_effects-1979px.png[/img][/CENTER]

A loud crash of metal sounded, Zora's knife flying into the air and off the ship's deck, landing in the ocean. Wallace swung his other leg from the resulting momentum and send it into Zora's side, pushing her again, but with much more force. ​

This time however, she couldn't regain her balance, stumbling backwards against the deck's railing and over it. Her yell rang out as she was sent overboard.​

"Zora!!!" Roger shouted, unable to do anything in his position. ​

"My mistake. I didn't think she was that light a body." Wallace lowered his boot back down and took the other off of Roger. "Not that it matters. She probably will wash ashore soon enough. Assuming the fall didn't knock all the air from her lungs. She isn't anything without a group at any rate."​

"Are there any more?"​

Blackford smiled creating a brick and throwing it at Roger's head.

"If there are anymore, they'll end up in jail one way or another. A criminal never remains free, the taste of wrong doing is too great for them." Bleck meanwhile swam in the water slowly, making his ways towards land and away from Zora.

Dad? Oh man, this is not good. Never thought I'd have to see him here!

Roger's head hit the deck easily once the brick collided into the base of his skull. He was knocked out cold for a while.

"Hey, watch how you throw those. Any harder the toss and you could have kill him. The Lady wouldn't like unauthorized executions." Wallace picked Roger up and over his shoulder. "So heavy... let's get them to the jailhouse."

Zora was disoriented from the fall and struggled in the water to make sense of which way would be up or down. Underwater, she reached upwards to try and heave herself back up to the surface for the air that her lungs desperately needed.

Jericho moaned, "Its so depressing in here" he began acting as though his index finger was a wand and spouted random gibberish to go along with it.

John placed Zyon over his shoulder and let out a sigh. He seemed annoyed but after so long, he finally caught Zyon and even a couple of his friends. By the time he reached the jail house, he placed Zyon in the cell, locking it shut. Zyon was still out cold for a while.

"Well, it only took me a couple years but I finally caught that dumb Zytaveon..." John seemed to be very proud of himself. "Heh, I guess a little self-gloat wouldn't hurt." He puffed out his chest and remembered that Marina was still in her cell, watching most likely. He glanced at Marina and his cheeks turned pink with embarrassment. He scratched the back of his head and crossed his arms.

"E-Eh... I-I was just testing my breathing techniques!"

Marina looked at John dismissively before eyeing the new inmates. "They're the ones that started the ruckus?..."

Not like it made a difference, since it wasn't much quieter with them gone...

"Don't worry about it, fish girl. It isn't like the land matters much to you." Wallace dragged Roger into a separate cell at the end of the cells' corridor. "A special room just for you. Have to wait for the Lady to get back to us for you. Never expected to nab you like this."

Marina made a bit of a glare at Wallace's remark but then forgot about it. "Just them?"

============

"Pwaugh!" Zora tumbled onto the sandy shore, spitting sea water out of her mouth before heaving and laying there for a few moments. "Urgh..."

"Yeah, these pirates are always starting a muck, especially that one in particular." John pointed at Zyon. "He's a mix of bad and worse. Good news is that I believe we captured the captain of this pirate gang! Justice will be served! Hopefully a while in jail will make them think about what they've done." John took his usual seat in front of Marina's cell, crossing his large arms. Overhearing Wallace's remark to Marina and her reaction to it, he seemed a little angry. John glanced at Wallace and seemed to be annoyed at him.

"Her name is Marina, not...fish girl." He frowned. "Besides, I believe she was just defending herself... I have no proof of this but she seems like a really nice girl." He nodded his head, seemingly sure of himself. "I don't think she looks like the person to kill anyone, even if she is a mermaid."

================

Zyon, after about a while or so, finally began to stir up. He sat up in the cell he was in and his vision was still a bit foggy. He groaned in pain but overheard John dorky voice. He didn't say anything yet and tried to move about but only hit the side of his face with the bars he was behind. He shook his head and finally started to get a better view of where he was at. He was in jail and he didn't like it.

"Aww man! I'm in jail?!" Zyon groaned. "Why am I in jail? I did nothing wrong!"

John quickly glared at Zyon before standing in front of his cell, acting cocky for once. He crossed his arms and acted all tough.

"You are finally where you belong: in jail." John stuck his tongue out at Zyon. "You will finally be served sweet justice on a platter! Hopefully you'll learn to not be so evil!"

"Yeah yeah... justice crap, I've heard it enough from you to drive me insane."

John's cheeks turned red with embarrassment again but soon turned his back to Zyon, taking his seat back in front of Marina's cell. He rolled his eyes at Zyon's remarks and turned his attention to Marina.

"You know, I like to collect mermaid scales. It's a hobby of mine. I think they're beautiful and awesome. What about you?" John smiled at Marina. "Do you have any hobbies?"

"Kiss-ass..." Zyon spat.

"Shut your mouth, prisoner!"

"I agree with Zyon, your kinda being a kiss ass..." Jericho blurted aloud "Marina is it? I dont wanna be intruding but, arent you supposed to be in water? or something?"

"I should really be in water, myself." Salty Tom sighed, "Also, Hello there, captain! Long time no see!"

"You aren't getting any of mine if that's what you want." Marina looked away from John with slight disdain from the statement. She wasn't an ornament for humans to tote around. "That's why we avoid humans. All we're worth to you lot is materialism. We are not objects."

"I'm supposed to be swimming freely. But they hunted my family out, and I'm the last of them." Marina replied, crossing one leg over the other. One of her ankles had a laceration. "Fighting back is what got me thrown in here. I should've swam away when I had the chance."

"That's awful..." Salty Tom sighed. "Tell ya what, ma'am when I get outta here I'll take you with me if you want!" He offered with a great big smile on his shark face. "IF I get out, that is."

"I second that, hell, Ill help HIM out if that's what it means." Jericho exclaimed before laughing devilishly

"B-But.. that's not what I meant, Marina." John sighed, his head dipping. "I'm sorry I made it seem like you're prope--" John was quickly interrupted by Zyon.

"Hey, Marina, was it? How 'bout you and I go on a fancy dinner date when I get us out of here!" Zyon purred. "I know a really nice place where they serve the finest food. A beautiful lady such as yourself shouldn't be locked in shackles~! Besides, that lil' Barkley boy put you here, how could you ever trust a man like him~" Zyon said, pointing at John.

"What?! I didn't put her in prison! If it were up to me, I'd set her free!" John rose from his seat, his cheeks flushed. 

"Yeah, yeah, I know your lies!" Zyon directed back to Marina. "Don't believe a word he says, he's the infamous Mermaid Murderer! Rumor has it he's got an entire box full of scales from the mermaids he's killed! Watch out, Marina, you could be next!"

"I would never hurt a hair or scale on Marina! Shut your mouth!" John stared at Zyon with a fist ready to hit him. Zyon stared right back with a fist ready for John and it was clear that there was tension between them for a while. It was almost as if they were rivals of some sort. Both of them punch each other in the face. John didn't seem as hurt as Zyon. He chuckled. "Heh, can't take a hit? Some pirate. I bet your friends can take a better hit than you."

"S-Shut up! I wasn't ready..." Zyon whined, rubbing his chin.

"I dare you to attack a prisoner again like that!" Jericho whispers an incantation and a mark resembling a tiny flame in the shape of a shield appears on each prisoner's neck.

"Anywhere but here is fine by me." Marina muttered under her breath, turning to face opposite the scene. She didn't seem to want to hear any of the banter. 

"Hey. The Lady doesn't pay us to be smacking these seadogs around you know." Wallace pointed out. Roger laid in his cell out cold and it looked like it'd be a while before he'd wake up with how hard he was knocked unconscious. "If you want to argue with the prisoners, feel free to take over for the night shift."

===========

"This is just my luck! I'm all on my own and I can't even show my face around the town." Zora grumbled to herself. The ship they tried to make off with was now being guarded and looked over. Cutting through the trees and foliage, Zora was forced to avoid the public and come up with a plan of her own. "I know they'd be jailed nearby, but how am I gonna get in?..."

(*eats popcorn*)

Tom snickers at the banter, "A shark could get used to this."

(Hey Luppy, I think we posted nearly at the same time XD)

Jericho begins to whistle the song "My little sunshine"

"Right right..." John let out a long sigh before sitting on a stool and rubbing his temple. He turned his back to the prisoners and began to write down in a book he kept on top of a nearby table. He wrote down all the records and the prisoners names for safe keeping.

He noticed how Roger was unconscious and he thought it wouldn't be such a good idea to leave him like that. He rose to his feet and left for a moment.

Zyon began to speak again and poked at Marina and the others.

"So... when I get you guys out of here, I got a few rules." He cleared his throat. "For starters, I want all your gold, money, jewelry, anything value. Number two, I get first dibs on the food. Uhh... what else.." Zyon rubbed his chin but eventually shrugged. He leaned against the wall, talking to Marina.

"So, how did you even get thrown in jail, beautiful~?" He chuckled. "I thought a creature as lovely as you would be free to do as she pleases~"

"If it's so important to know, I'm not in here because I want to be." Marina pouted defiantly before looking at the floor. "It's not my fault humans are such greedy creatures." She scratched at a section of her arm where a few scales seemed to have been forcefully removed. "There's nothing for you to have anyway." The mermaid yawned and rubbed at her eyes before going into a coughing fit and drinking the rest of her water. 

"I don't want to stick around in here before that Lady or whoever decides to come and get me. They might use my scales for their ugly fashion..." Marina muttered hatefully. "The air makes my skin itchy and my nose burn, and it's hot and strange. I've never been out of the water this long before..."
===============

Zora grabbed a lone branch and started scraping it against a rock formation for a makeshift weapon. Her knife was as good as gone for now, so she'd have to steal another somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom