Into the Whirlpool (Ended/Perma Hiatus)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The light illuminated her puffed-up cheeks and red eyes. She was visibly upset. The dark obscured the rest of her body, but didn't hide the sound of something being scraped against. "My arms hurt so much.... they're all gone..." Florence didn't even spare her claw-like nails, which were filed down to unfortunate nubs that only humans would be comfortable with. No amount of fruitless scratching was relieving her poor flesh where the scales were supposed to be growing. Marina felt miserable.

Zora kept hidden among the piles of hay, and slowly made her way to the back of the jail,  which had very little people guarding it compared to the rest of the perimeter. Given the bags of random refuse nearby, Zora could only guess the door led to the kitchen.

'So now I have to make my way in quietly. The kitchen won't have guards, but cooks...' Zora was forced to wait for someone to come out, as it seemed the door only opened from the inside.

John stared at Marina and frowned. He knew that sometimes even his boss can be too cruel. He scratched the back of his head and looked around to see if anyone was listening to him. He leaned in and whispered to Marina.

"Hey, I'll go look for some sort of wet rag." John said softly. "Hopefully it'll ease the pain you have. I just wish they treat you a little better, you did nothing wrong. Just hang in there for a bit Marina, I'll see what I can get you."

John left the cell post and decided to look for some sort of rag and something to help Marina.

Jericho used one of his spells to grant Marina a bit of pain relief, figuring it was the right thing to do. He also made an illusionary wet rag appear in the corner of Johns eye, just to mess with him.

(@ Grey feel free to have Bleck create a diversion that can distract the rest of the guards outside. Zora can make her way in quickly that way. Also sorry I was ded for months)

"Thank you both..." Marina sniffled and rubbed her eyes to get her tears to stop flowing. How was she going to get away? Very rarely did she even use her legs to walk on land, and how would it feel once she went back into the water? As far as she could see, her arms essentially had multiple open wounds, and she would be much more vulnerable to anything that happened to be in the ocean.

She looked over to Roger's cell and pondered, remembering that he was a pirate. Even though she detested the idea of being with humans any longer than she needed to, and being with a pirate wouldn't guarantee any safety to her, she would at least be safer on a boat than she would going back into the ocean. In this weakened state, she wouldn't be able to fight off anyone that tried to capture her again. Quickly, she perished such a crazy thought.

========

"Let's hope Bleck can make this easier for me..." Zora muttered under her breath.

"Ah, here we go..." John tried to grab the illusion of a wet rag but continued to fail. "W-What? Are my eyes playing tricks on me..? I must be more tired than I thought..."

John rubbed his eyes and continued to walk off until he reached the bathroom. He splashed water on his face and sighed. Taking a nearby towel, he drenched it with water and placed it in a small bucket and added some water. He rubbed his eyes again and began to head back to the cell with the small bucket of water and towel. Once he returned, he slipped the bucket into Marina's cell and sighed. 

"I hope it helps with your pain and skin." John nodded and blushed slightly. "I feel so bad that you have to endure this, Marina."

Jericho used his magic to make illusionary clown makeup on John's face, mostly reds and yellows, but with some pink highlights around his eyes...
 Jericho then continued to giggle at his masterpiece.

Without looking up, Marina stuck both her arms into the bucket of water. "Why is it that you obey such a horrid human?..." Her voice was raspy and devoid of any discernible emotion. She laid her head on the edge of the bucket and closed her eyes to rest for a little bit.

"She ain't got much humanity left, from the looks of it. Not much has changed since the last I'd seen her. Only a fool would turn down a chance to make some extra cash even if ye' might never grow back them pretty scales again." Roger was awake again, making Marina scowl, disheartened. "...Got something on your face, mate?" He said to John.

=========

The guards followed the noise that was made, which gave Zora the chance to slip through into the kitchen. Apparently, the cooks had gone home for the night and left two large pots of stew to simmer on the gas stove. She guessed it was left over for any guards who were doing the night shifts more than the prisoners. 

"Captain's got to be here somewhere..." she muttered, keeping her foot steps quiet so as to not draw any attention to herself. Zora took one of the kitchen knives that had been left out to serve as a temporary weapon. 'Now to find a way to the cells...'
=========
"You heard that noise, didn't you?" The guards neared where Bleck had been. They seemed tired and just wanting to sleep more than anything else, not seeming to care if they saw anything or not.

"My face..?" John rubbed his face, checking his hand only to see nothing. He made a small frown, assuming that Roger had gone insane. "Alright you pirate scum, I think you've hit your tiny head harder than you think."

John sighed, being too tired to get in any sort of argument with Roger, he sat himself down and crossed his arms, watching Marina. He listened to her question and thought hard about it.

"Well... I don't exactly agree with everything she's doing..." John shook his head. "I just want to see justice. I want to stop all those bad pirates who hurt people and steal their precious items. Don't you wanna see a better world?"

====

Zyon scoffed slightly and began to scratch the scales off his shoulders but kept his best face on and hid any of the flaking scales.

"People like you are just gullible..." He said a bit out of breath. "You wanna fight for a better world but you only wanna hunt down pirates. Bah! You just want a world without pirates!"

"Maybe. 'Haps I drank a little too much seawater on my way here," Roger deadpanned sarcastically before stretching and yawning. "Ain't nothin wrong with doin' stuff for justice, but Florence ain't the one who ought to be preachin' that. A better world is only for the ones she chooses will be worth keeping." He said before rolling over to his side.

"I've nothing to do with the world of the humans. And yet, I'm here rotting in a cell with half my scales ripped off and waiting to see if I will live to see the ocean again." Marina said in a flat voice. She seemed too tired to even be angry. "I escaped from humans who wanted to cut my tail off from my waist down, only to be caught by a different set of humans. Is that in the name of making this world a better place, son of man?"

"Poor thing, y' might not ever get back to the ocean. Freedom is a fickle lady." Roger said. "She doesn't give it back when she takes it from ya."

Bleck moved to the general area of the prison, having found himself a bag and filling it with lots of rocks. A devious smirk on his face.

---

Blackford was moving towards a chair, the old man seeking to rest for a moment. Seemingly uplifted by John in terms of spirit.

John listened to both Roger and Marina and knew that they had a point. He rubbed his chin and looked over to Marina.

"Well... no, not when you put it that way Marina..." John frowned. "But I did promise you that I'd get you back to the ocean." He smiled. "And not all humans are bad just like how not all pirates are bad. It's just that... well, there are a ton of bad apples among us."

John was barely able to keep his eyes open as he sat himself down, watching over everyone in their cells. He almost felt a little bad for the fate of these people but his strong sense of justice couldn't allow them to escape. He thought long and hard until he fell asleep.

====

Zyon leaned over to Marina's cage, his voice ragged and his breathing heavy. He seemed to be losing his mind a bit.

"H-Hey, you, Mermaid. Gimmie some water... My scal-- errm, my voice is going crazy. Just hurry up and toss me a rag ya' ol' fish!"

Jericho seized the opportunity to make muffling fields around both John and Blackford, limiting the audio effects they would receive for quite a time, though otherwise having no other effects. Thus more noise could be made without pulling any notice.

"You seem to be a bit 'flaky' over there wink wink" He said towards Zyon
Yes, he literally just said wink wink, without even supplementing it with the action, deal wit it.

Marina glared at Zyon without replying for a few moments. She slid the pail of water with her feet over towards him. "Just this once."

Roger stared off into space, wondering if Zora was okay.

========

Zora made her way into the hall of the prison, slipping past furniture with relative ease. She made her way over to the warden office. It was locked of course, but she quickly made a lock-pick and broke entry into the office.

"Now, if I were a scummy executioner, where would i keep my prison cell keys?" Zora muttered. Either Florence had her own set of keys for each cell, or she had a master key. Quietly closing the door, she began searching the desk drawers for keys. 

"Hm... maybe this one will do." Zora found a key that looked different from all the others, with Florence's initials engraved onto it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom