Good Days

[Back from Vacation and finished tweaking the forums, now let's get back to business!]

Upon closer inspection, the vehicle has three particular buttons, all of them label of what they do. "DIRECTIONS", "AUTO", and "BOOST". 

=======

"Oh, I see," Mex responded. "Well, if we can make use of it, might as well take it. Doubt they would miss it." Mex chuckled. In an instant, Mex's eyes grew narrowed, turning his head to the right. "Something is coming." 

=======

"The Jackers are an operational gang that feeds off of profits by exploiting a planet's natural resources." The A.I. stated. "If left unchecked, they will extract anything that can be served to make them credits and leave the planet into a dryness abyss, unable to sustain life. Nep is considered one of the most wanted men in the section of this universe. Dozens of planets had reduced to wastelands of his actions. However, we found weaknesses in his plans. Although they use the highly valuable D.A.M materials, which can grants lots of credits into the market, all of them merely clones of Nep. They lack the defensive capabilities. It's mostly due to their numbers that allow them to secure their position."

Ross says with a smirk "as many that are coming no one will be mad if our group loots some of these D.A.M.s." Fi and Wraith get reedy.

Lightwave groaned, sitting up and adjusting his spiky hair.

"Ugh, what happened Crystal, I fell off the-" he said before realizing where he was with a sigh. "Not home yet... Alright so continue with the Jackers." He said turning to the AI.

"I see... such a fierce man yet such a flawed ideology." Artic said quietly. "Well, if this man is wanted all over the place I assume that the price on his head is quite large. Perhaps if we manage to find him and turn him in, we can use the money to rebuild the shaken planets... at least the ones that survived that is."

Artic let out a sigh and silenced herself before eyeing the puppies, waiting for anything else the A.I had to say.

"If you are able to verify the location of Nep-and take him out-you should be able to end his reign and complete your mission. However, do not develop a sense of cockiness. The information I have provided does not mean victory; Nep is a cunning individual and able to escape from Good Days' grasp for decades. So be wary and aware of your surroundings." The A.I said.

Perrito seems concerned about the information the A.I. said and the Artic's tone about selling for profits. "So the soldiers are nothing more than just clones of the original?"

"And the factories might not be the place Nep is even located. He could be another place..." One of the small puppies spoke up. "We're doom after all..."

=======

"Auto." The vehicle's engine began to run. "Welcome to Auto-Drive Service. Which destination would you like to go?"

=======

Over the horizon, several figures, which all have a similar build to that of 25th, have appeared. 

"These are the guys, 67th?" 

"Yes, they match the descriptions we saw in the video, 87th. No doubt about it." 87th.

"Then we should waste no time..." 73rd turned to Mex and Ross and aim his weapon to their direction. "No need for introduction. You're getting in the way of our business, so you need to perish. Unlike 25th, we will not fall so easily." 

Mex smirked. "Yup, who knew that they would come after us? Guess the 25th's death spook them I suppose. Matters not, my body is itching for another fight." He turns to Ross. "Ready to knock some knuckleheads around?"

Ross says looking at Mex "yes."

Fi charges the nearest number as Wraith starts to shoot 73rd.

"Alright so we hit the government, take out the soldiers, destroy the factories, save as much of of the rest of the planet as we can. Even if we take Nep down, the destruction of the planet would be worse in theory. So prioritize liberation over revenge." Lightwave stated with a bit of over confidence. "Unless I'm wrong."

"Now now little ones, you are safe in this ship." Artic petted the puppies before pondering for a moment as to what to do in order to find Nep, or at least have an idea of his whereabouts. She looked over at Lightwave and tilted her head at his confidence.

"That sounds like a good idea but we might be overwhelmed by the clones and Nep would probably figure that we would attack the base anyways." Artic rubbed her chin. "Perhaps cutting down his numbers will put a dent in his forces... He must be hiding behind the vast numbers."

"They're itching for a fight. Interesting, let's put them down and find the rest of them." 73rd slammed both hands together and generated a shield block the blast. 67th jump behind the shield and his arm turned into a blaster cannon. He locked his target of Ross.

"This individual seemed to be controlling the drones. I'm talking him down first." He shot a single, large energy blast at Ross. 

87th jumped behind the shield as well and tried to focused on Fi. "Good idea, I'll handle the drones. Make sure the shield is stable and ready." As with 67th's weapon, 87th pulled out the same one and blasted at Fi.

Mex rushes in front of Ross and slapped away the energy attack in a nick of time. "Looks like this won't be super easy. Just medium easy." Mex smirked as he tenses his muscles. "What's the plan, Ross? How we bust down that shield?" 

===========

"Granted. Invisible and non-detection mode activated." The vehicle coasted itself with invisibility and began to follow the dust trail. "Your destination is about 2-3 minutes away."

===========

One of the small puppies raised their hand. "I.. might have an idea of where Nep might be located..." It was the puppy that was running away from 25th earlier.

Ross says with a smirk "It would be disappointing if we had an easy time." Ross whispers to Mex "We need to close the distance." Ross thinks "I wonder if they can switch up roles or melee options." 

Wraith aims for the one that are going to counter attract. Wraith aims to shot the joints.

Fi evades the shots and keeps moving to close the distance.

"Oh?" Artic gently lifted the small puppy into her arms and tilted her head. "Please tell us little one, your information can help safe your world and several others." She gently tickled the puppy's stomach with a finger. "You can be a real super hero you know."

"Good... I'd better scope out the place quick and make my way back once I figure out all the important stuff to send back to the team..." Damara mutters to herself, planning what to do once she arrives at the location. 

Let's hope I don't screw anything up...

Mex nodded. "Understood." Without hesitation, Mex dashed towards 73rd to disrupt the shield. Unable to properly react and move out of the way, Mex slammed onto the shield with his body, pushing 73rd back. The shield disappears and forces 73rd to fight on the offense. 

"You're ordinary brat aren't you!?" 73rd said, lifting his big arms in an attempt to crush him. 67th pointed his weapon towards Mex, attempt to blast him.

"Let's waste this dirt-bag so we can deal with the bigger problem over there!" 67th said.

"I'll handle the drones!" 87th said, continuing to fire multiple energy shots at Fi, Wraith, and Ross.

===========

After a few minutes, the vehicle had successfully followed the trail and arrived at the factory mines. Although Damara stated the headquarters, it cannot be seen. The first thing noticeable is countless of small puppies working on the minefields, forced to dig out minerals from the ground. The Jackers whipped them over and over again if one of them fails to do the simplest of tasks.

===========

"Don't touch me." The little puppy said. "I'm not convinced that you might save us as the others, but you seem to be our last hope." He stated. "The headquarters cannot be seen quite easily... they have a something that makes it disappear to avoid any of us to know the whereabouts of the leader. If you can get something that exposes its location, you'll find Nep."

It just looks like an ordinary mine factory... is it hidden in the recesses of the mine fields or something? Damara thought, watching the puppies get whipped and flinching each time she saw one being struck violently.

"What do I do now?... I can't try and sneak around to look for it aimlessly." She rapped her knuckles on the vehicle. "Hey, where'd the guy we were following go? Can you see where he parked or somethin'?" If she had some clue as to where the Jacker had gone, it might give her a better chance to find the headquarters itself rather than come back empty handed.

Ross sends to Fi and Wraith "Only one is needed and its ok if they all are dead." Ross uses his tail to deflect the blasts as he to the other side of 87th. Wraith and fi confirm orders.

Fi doges most of the shots at her the few that hit seemed to do very little damage. Half then cuts 87th at the arm joint of the arm that is holding the gun.

Wraith shoots gives Mex fire support as it evaded 87th.

"Well then, it appears this youngster expresses his doubt." Artic frowned slightly. "Very well little one, I will prove my worth to you as well as help prove the worth of Good Days." Artic put the puppy on the floor.

She touched her gauntlet and added the new information to it while she began to think about the best approach on how to find and expose the Headquarters. She was silent for the most part but then looked up.

"What if we use echolocation? We don't have to see it to know it's there..." Artic scratched her chin before looking at the puppy who gave her the information. "As for you..." She flicked his ear. "Quite rude of you to talk to the people who allowed you in their ship."

Artic smiled gently before petting his head and walking to the computer.

Back
Top Bottom