Good Days

Ross hands lightwave to Fi as he starts to use Wraith to look over 25th's body. Ross says to the others of his team "It may be better to find some were defensible nearby over going back to the ship." Ross thinks "I know its only three kilometers but I rather not risk it being a dead end. I willing to take the risk if every one else is willing to take that risk"

Ross says "We should take the time to look over 25th body just incase of some thing useful."

"Yeah, about that. I ain't going near a nasty corpse. What if the beeping is coming from a land mine or a bomb or something?" Damara questioned, placing the pups she had picked up to move away from the blast back down on the ground

Mex thought about what Ross said. "True. The last thing we need is for those Jackers to attack the ship, eliminating our transportation." Mex looks at Ross. "But we can't exactly just shove them into an area out in the open like this. Plus, we need to rest for a bit anyway, Lightwave does not look to good." 

As Wraith observed the body, the body armor opened up, revealing that his flesh merged with it. In the middle of his chest, there was a red light that beeped rapidly before turning green and activated some form of voice command:

"Sending the Emergency Video Message: Good Days' Arrival to the Jackers MineField HeadQuarters has been completed." 

After the message, the body began to dissolve due to the armor shutting down, which supports its life force.

"What is it Wraith? What was that sound?" Mex asked.

======================

"Huh? We received a video message. It looks like this is from No. 25. Wasn't he supposed to be picking up some more workers for the factories?"  
"Emergency huh? Play it No. 85." 

No. 85 plays the video message plays the battle scene between the Good Days and No. 25, right before the final blow. 

"So they have finally arrived. I have to hand to those little critters, even in a situation, they managed to sneak a space message..."
"Shall we alert everyone about their arrival, Nep?" No. 85 asked.

"Yes. Alert all of them. We do not have much time left before he comes and I do not want to disappoint him." Nep stated. "Informed the crew and sent about half of them to eliminate the problem. They should be more than enough to handle a bunch of new recruits."  

No. 85 nodded. "Yes sir!"

Ross says as a matter of fact "They know were on this world and odds are a good idea were are." Wraith starts to see if there is any thing useful and/or data on 25th. Ross thins "I want see if there is any thing useful or any intel that I can gain. What we seen is not any thing that some thugs can do."

Ross asked realizing some thing "some one fast check if the man with 25 on him had some kind of vehicle?"

Mex dusted himself off and checked the burns on the palms of his hands. It began to shake, not from fear, but from excitement. "That was intense if that guy was able to fire off a powerful blast right before his death, who knows the strength of the big guns." He turns to Damara and Artic. "At any rate, we need to move and get some quick rest, at least for Lightwave." However, the revelation that the beeping sound was a message bring some fears. "Damn, that weirdo sent a message, revealing our location. We definitely need to make sure these little ones are protected. Maybe one of us can stay back and protect them in case they start popping out of the woodworks? And Damara seems to be faster than all of us! She ca probably check to see if this guy rode on a vehicle around here." 

All the puppies gathered around Artic and placed her as the one to protect them from future attacks. "We want the tall one!"

Artic stared at the puppies and sweated slightly.

"I suppose I was voted to stay here by the small puppers." She looked down at the puppies and nodded to them. "I will protect the group until you all have rested."

She knelt down to the small puppies and petted their heads. It was weird to see Artic so friendly to the puppies when she was rather cold to her team mates.

Ross says in a friendly way "Have fun and don't let your self get tired Artic." 

After Wraith finishes looking over what was 25 and sends the report to Ross, It runs self diagnosis. 

Ross says with a smirk "The fact 25 melted and the armor dos not look cheep. Makes me want ask who are there backers."

Fi keeps looking after Lightwave as she run self diagnosis.

"Yeah, I can go on ahead. I probably have the highest chances of avoiding the mine fields that are probably littering the place anyway." Damara said before staring off into the distance. "Say I find a dude driving around looking for his friend. Should I see if I can track it down and get back to you guys? I'd rather not try and hitch a ride. I almost got wrecked earlier back there."

Mex nodded. "That's a good idea, Damara. We might get more information that way, but just be careful if things go south and get out of there quickly." Mex went to the spot where he dropped Lightwave's shield and pick it up. There, he turns his sight on Fi and Lightwave, where he greeted both of them. "Hey! Are you still with us? You save my ass back there by throwing that shield." 

At first glance, it appears that no valuable information was presented, aside from the video recording device. However, as Ross continued to dig deeper, a series of words written the armor on the inside, "Destruction Armor Material: Made in Planet Meka". Despite the damage of the fight, the armor appears to be self-repairing itself as time passes. However, the user remained a rotten corpse, living a foul odor.

"Are we moving?" Perrito asked Artic as the puppies continued to swarm around her.

Wraith is sent orders once it confirm it was not going to blow up or used to track the group to bring it with. Ross thinks "If I was a mercenary its would be loot but with Good Days its good evidences."  Ross says "I know it smells bad but it shows that this group had some real backers, for those that don't Destruction Armor Material is far for cheep." Ross thinks "beyond some its looks it not been very customized."

Fi says after greeting Mex back "Lightwave is alive just a little drained."

Ross says "That may happen but I was hoping sense they were thinking natives were helpless only had one person and a ride. If that not true then you should play scout."

"As of now, we are moving. We must direct you and your family to a safer location for the meanwhile until the others have rested."

Artic picked up the smaller puppies and began to head back to the ship where it would be much safer for them to roam. She wondered about everyone's condition and only hoped that the battles after this one came easier. The way 25th fought made her reconsider everything about her strength.

"Come now small puppers, we must keep you out of harm's way."

"Roger that! I'll be back before you know it." Damara held up a hand with her thumb, index, and pinkie finger sticking up before she took off in the direction 25th had come from. Her afterimages left down small dustclouds.

Despite her casual leave, she reflected on the close call she had back in the fight. It made her angry how much she felt was out of her league. Next time I'll open a can of whoop-ass on every last one of those freaks! I swear it! Damara kept her footing light and used her speed to traverse the ruined terrain. Hopefully this made it harder for any assailants left to track her movement.

The small puppies, as they entered the ship along with Artic, observed their surroundings in this new environment. Immediately, they noticed that the technology this ship far surpassed anything they could have seen, perhaps even more than the Jackers' themselves.

"Entering this ship is like arriving in the future," Perrito looked around. "I knew that the Good Days had some impressive technology to support their organization, but this is beyond of what I imagined. I wonder how they were able to decrypt the scarped space message we sent out..."

The children seem to roam around in the ship, touching everything in sight. However, when one touched a particular button, everything began to light up and a voice began to speak. "Hello, Artic." The A.I had awoken. "You seem to return earlier than expected. Is the mission been completed?"

The sudden voice caused the children o be frightened and hid behind Artic.

=====

Mex nodded when Fi assure him that Lightwave would be alright. "That's good, he gave out his all in that battle." He turns to Ross who was still examining 25th's body. "Found anything new?"

=====

As Darmara ran across the terrain, the dust clouds forming miniature tornadoes, there was a particular vehicle that seems to be parked on the side of tons of rocks, with a figure that seems to be similar in appearance of 25th, but its armor is mixed with black and purple, with the number 13 on its back. Across the horizon, there were tons of black, thick and dense smokes that fuming the sky, making it have a more grayish color.

"Damn, where the hell is 25th? I knew I should have gone with him. Now Nep is going to kill me if we don't complete this order for Vacío." 13 muttered to himself.

Ross says "I having Wraith check the goop and looking at the armor's software/data that became of 25." Wraith is checking the goop and taking samples for latter as it is looking at the armors software/data. Ross thinks "he dos have the right to know that Good Days intel messed up on there assigned threat level. The fact there is not a tracking device or a self destruct. Time to confirm some things about this group."

Ross says "D.A.M (Destruction Armor Material) looks factory from the Planet of Meka and the fact that 25 did decay seems way to fast is off putting as well. Are only backing up the fact this group has backing form some things bigger."

"Worry not little ones, no one will harm you here." Artic said to the puppies then turned to look at the ceiling and replied to the A.I. "I'm afraid the mission is a bit side-tracked. We were forced to fight a man known as 25th who claims he was working for some group known as either Nep or Jackers. Everyone is currently scattered in doing specific jobs. I was voted to help take care of the puppers."

Lucky number 13...  Great, just how many of these guys are there? Damara thought as she observed 13 from afar. She guessed she was getting closer to the mines. Maybe up that way is where their HQ is... she deduced. All the names confused her as to who was running this operation going on. If he starts moving towards the camp, I'll have to try and race back without getting caught to warn the others. Let's see where this guy plans to go first...

Mex observed the body of the fallen 25th and its armor. "Though, it seems that this armor is not all that tough if it had major weak points in the joint area, huh?" Mex dipped his hand into the goop of where 25th turned into and pulled out his hand. The slime dripped down his hand to the floor. "Yuck, whatever D.A.M does, it might be note worthy adding that. Looks like a dangerous weapon."

=========

"Screw it. I need to find out what's taking 25th so damn long." 13th went to his vehicle and activated it. It shows up the coordinates of the puppies' location as a holograph. "Alright. Let's go-" A loud sound of ringing appeared within 13th. He paused for a moment and mumbled something. "What? 25th had fallen? Okay, I'll return to base. What about the other vehicle? Leave it there? Okay, roger that." He changes coordinates of the holograph screen and turned to a different direction. 

In the midst of the dust cloud, another vehicle appeared and left behind by 13th.

==========

"Jackers. I have information about that particular group, Ms. Artic." The A.I responded.

"Y-you have information about them?" Perrito asked.

"Yes, the Jackers are a well-known organization. Several authorities from different planets want to bring them in for their crimes."

Ross says "The joints are a very common weakness in armors Mex not just D.A.Ms." Wrath keeps checking the software of the armor. Ross says "Trust me that D.A.M despite how it looks most of it seems factory. If we can I would like to customize it a bit."

"This is important information. Please continue." Artic demanded. 

While the A.I continued to speak, she lowered herself down and petted the puppies. She flicked her tail around so that they would have at least some way to entertain themselves while the others continued their jobs outside. The alien looked to be in deep thought about something when she stared at the children.

Damara dove into the dust cloud towards the vehicle, coughing violently while trying to shield her eye from the offending particles. She approached the vehicle left behind by 13, and checked if it was something she could use to follow him in the dust clouds trailing behind him.

Back
Top Bottom