DBZ: The Shadow of Revan (Act Two Continuation)

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Hold on." A voice called out to Vegetto. Anybody around would most likely recognize it was Haribu. "After this recent strunt the Republic pulled, I'm done supporting them. It's one thing to attack a strategic location like the Sith and Jedi temples..." Haribu's voice started getting a tone of agitation to it. "But it's another to attack innocents like this. I'm not exactly pledging my allegiance to you, but consider me an ally of the Sith from this point forward."

"Reminds me of the war between Redmond and Blutarch, but worse. Far, far worse." Drake said. He then looked at the spot where Haribu once was.

"Well jeez, don't wait up for us."

---

Simmon and Elfsword covered in hideous Symbiotes laughed as they pulled Gen closer to the two, only for him to unleash his Symbiote and tear them from the ceiling, causing the three to fall.

Vegetto turned towards Haribu at his arrival, his eyes widening a bit in surprise. He lowered his arm down to his side.

"How did you know about this?"

Darth Marr kept his arms crossed behind his back.

"The Republic has access to our security feeds, this missile was successful because we have a hole in our system."

Gogeta raised an eyebrow.

"How is that possible? Our defense network is impenetrable this far into the core worlds."

Darth Marr remained still.

"This is why you must report to Lana Beniko at once. The only explanation is that a traitor is among us. And he was successful in allowing this missile through our defenses."

============================

Beerus rubbed his chin.

"So I assume you want us to investigate this planet for any leads on this...Darok and what he may be up to then?"

Theron nodded once.

"Yeah, it's the only choice we have."

Goku grinned uneasily.

"Surely there's a smaller area to investigate, right? Planets are pretty big, you know..."

Theron nodded towards his device, an image of a tall ancient structure standing high in blue.

Holocron_Darth_Revan.png

"This is the main structure where we've picked up the readings for terminals. The building itself is ancient, but it's adorned with technology stolen from both factions. There's no question: Darok and his followers are amassed there."

Vegeta crossed his arms.

"This all seems highly convenient, having tracked him down so quickly and these blunders leading to these finds."

Theron sighed.

"It's possible that this is all a trap, but we have to take this opportunity. Whether we catch them red handed or we spring their trap, we have to learn more about what's really going on here."

He then nodded towards the stairs, a large blast door leading to a hangar towards the left.

"I've got a shuttle ready to take you there, but I need to finish up one final detail...."

Theron's head shifted, the other warriors watching on as he locked his eyes with Mioi across the way. The man didn't speak, but waved wildly towards her and gestured for her to come close silently.

Brachi and her friends waited, with Brachi's Saiyan Tail waving to and fro in what can be seen as an agitated manner, waiting for her moment to get back into action and show whoever was responsible for murdering those innocent people what kind of a big mistake they have made.

"Good, perhaps I don't need to use my telepathy and startle any of these life forms." Mioi relayed to Theron. She stood from her seat, laying down a small tip for the drink and walking over to Theron. "I was meaning to speak with you, Sir Shan." Of course, to the others she seemed to only stare intently at Theron, but she would address them all telepathically shortly.

Red Mist locked eyes with Haribu and remained silent throughout the conversation he had with Vegetto. She seemed a little impatient but didn't dare speak a word until both finish talking. When she heard that there was a traitor, her grip on Vegetto's shoulder tighten. She didn't like the mere word let alone know that these people suffered because of a traitor. 

"We must make haste." She finally spoke out. "Let us find this traitor before more people are pulled into this senseless vision."

"She's right. I'm ready to go when you are. We need to stop this as soon as possible." Haribu spoke, eager to find this traitor.

____

Oriko waited for the others, not having anything to say.

Vegetto narrowed his eyes a bit in response, raising two fingers back to his forehead and disappearing into thin air with the Red Mist, Gogeta following shortly afterwards.

((Hang out for a bit guys. The Impside group is going to be on hiatus for awhile, you'll know when it's time to jump back in ;))

================

Theron kept his eyes trained on Mioi for a moment, before letting out a small sigh.

"Sorry, I haven't tuned my implants to the frequency needed for your messages, so I had to spend a few minutes there listening to what you sent me earlier."

He then crossed his arms.

"But please, go on. I didn't realize you even knew who I was, let alone the reason why I'm calling you over here."

Mioi glanced over at the others before resuming communication with Theron.

"That is fine. It may be easiest to start with that I have a personal interest in this situation as well. My home was destroyed as a result of this conflict. I deem it within my interests to scour answers of my own." She stated curtly. "And given my rank here, I am not generally allowed the same access to information as you may have. Given that I am a solitary life form, I spend much of my time observing so I inferred you would be the one to speak to. Additionally, the one with the large hair is familiar to me." Mioi paused to formulate her next sentence for Theron, pointing towards Goku. "I spotted this life form among them when I left the sector for a... a break. As you call it. I am unsure what conflict occured where I witnessed it at the Temple, but it has raised my interest in all of this."

"Of course, I cannot read minds, so I shall throw out that I do not have a preference for what I am involved with. So long as I can also obtain the truth." Mioi tilted her head. "I hope that does not inconvenience your group."[/i)

"First that Arcrosian bastard Siber, then that bloody demon Ruthas, and now some upstart commander whom has been secretly launching attacks on innocent civilians... what's frigging next?!" Brachi growled, veins pulsing in her forehead as her fists were clenched, showing that she was rightfully pissed.

Theron glanced towards Goku for a moment, the larger Saiyan blinking in confusion. He then let out a small scoff, rolling his eyes a bit.

"Typical. I can't seem to do anything in this universe without it being some Jedi coincidence."

Vegeta raised an eyebrow.

"What are you complaining about now?"

Theron kept a small smirk yet narrowed eyes, gesturing slightly towards Mioi.

"Lo and behold, the Grand Master calls upon me to sit and listen within the cantina. Prophesying that I shall 'feel' a connection to her contact that will give me insight on the battles that have occurred, and should use them in the war to come."

Vegeta turned his gaze towards Mioi for a moment as Theron lost his amused smirk.

"I thought she was referring to you happy campers, but I guess this is the one she really meant for me to call out. Even if that 'feeling' was just my suspicion of some random stranger spying on us in the cantina and wondering who she was."

Red Mist tighten her grip on Vegetto's shoulder, and, for a split second, her face turned into something that resembled that of a demon's lust for blood. The thought of a traitor among the sheep only made her ambition leak from the expression of her face. She took a deep breath since teleportation still wasn't one of favorite things.

"I assumed there was a conflict given I felt an explosion of some form of energy. It looked to be remains from something possessing such. Perhaps I'll ask the tall one later." Mioi surmised, looking at the group and trying to focus her telepathy on them all simultaneously. The perception of her thought faltered but remained coherent for the most part.

"If I under....stand Theron correc-.., he means I am a different..." Mioi tapped her chin in thought before continuing her telepathy with them. "Side? Technically I am affiliated with the Jedi here, but originally, I came from a planet that no longer exists as a result from this conflict. It mattered not that we refused affiliation. We were attacked. Unfortunately, I'm unsure who or why. As likely the only survivor of that planet and refugee at the time of attack, I feel it part of fate to come in contact with you life forms today." 

(Hope this 'bio' is ok for Mioi, Vegetto!)

Haribu also put his fingers up against his forehead, disappearing from sight as he went to Vegetto's location.

____

"That sounds extremely horrible, losing your home like that. I can connect with you on that somewhat, except my loss was on a smaller scale..." A frown formed on Oriko's face, a vague reminder of a bad portion of his past returning to him.

((Seems fine to me! :)))

Theron grunted again.

"Fate, whatever. Jedi and their prophecies, too bad they can't predict us ending this war."

Goku grinned.

"Well I'm always glad to have another friend to help out. Welcome aboard!"

Vegeta kept his arms crossed, glancing away slightly.

Beerus turned his head towards Theron.

"We should be moving out soon then. We need all the time we can get if we want to stop this threat."

Theron nodded, slowly rising out of his seat. He moved forward, gesturing for the others to follow as he walked towards the hangar.

"Agreed, let's get moving then. We can ride in my shuttle, I'll drop you off at the top of the tower."

The group followed along after Theron, heading towards the hangar.

======================================================

A few hours later, the shuttle holding the group of warriors entered into the planet's atmosphere. Theron kept both hands on the wheel, reaching out to press a few buttons to his right as he spoke.

"Here it is, Rakata Prime. Sensors aren't picking up any activity outside of the Temple ahead, looks like I'll be able to give you a clean landing at the top of the tower."

Goku kept his gaze trained on the window in front of him, studying the ground below as the shuttle flew over towards the temple:

seattle5.png

Theron glanced slightly over his shoulder.

"The plan is simple. Land, and start investigating the temple itself. I'll be monitoring you from the skies above with a contact of mine that's been following up on some leads."

Beerus raised his eyebrow.

"Your contact?"

Theron smirked slightly, turning back towards the front while shaking his head.

"You wouldn't believe me if I told you. Don't worry, you'll meet her soon enough."

The shuttle soon lowered down onto an open platform, a large open space taking up the area. Large statues of an ancient alien race circled around the open space, a large brown statue of a familiar figure at the center. The opening ramp descended out, allowing the other warriors to exit the shuttle.

Goku and Vegeta landed first with a loud thud, rising up to their feet while the others landed with them to the sides. Both Saiyans narrowed their eyes immediately at the figure standing in front of them, cross armed with his back to the others. Once the final member of the group had landed, Theron's shuttle took off towards the sky again.

maxresdefault.jpg

The man slowly turned to face towards the others, holding a small smile across his face.

"Ah at last, the pieces of the puzzle finally come to seek answers for what happened. You did well in your parts to sell our deception to the rest of the galaxy..."

His eyes narrowed slightly.

"But no matter how important a pawn is, it is still just a pawn."

Brachi herself landed swiftly on her feet, being ready as usual, while Xenest, their future counterparts as well as Busa and Majin Bara soon joined them.

Brachi was agitated, narrowing her own eyes.

"Are you saying that you're the one who deceived us?" She drawled, "then you made a big mistake, buster."

Who does this man happen to be?.... Mioi thought to herself, moving her gaze away so she could take in their surroundings. Perhaps this was the one Theron was talking about back at the cantina regarding the position operating at both sides?... hmm...

The tension between the Saiyans and the man felt palpable, but Mioi herself approached the man's words with caution rather than aggression. 

By his statement, my planet was a pawn too... I need any answers I can get. Mioi's brow furrowed. For now, she thought it best to hold her piece and simply listen to understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom