DBZ: The Shadow of Revan (Act Two Continuation)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feeling that the threat was over with, Brachi decided to power down back to base, shrinking back into her normal form before collapsing on the floor, prompting Majin Bara to give her a Senzu Bean which she had brought with her in a pouch hidden in her outfit. This in effect revitalized Brachi quicker than it would take normally, but she would still need some time to recuperate.

"At least we've dealt with him now..." She said.

"Is it something we can take out?" Red Mist said, balancing the tip of her combat knife on her finger. She didn't seem to care much about the situation at hand but knew she had to help. "Or is your aura strong enough to heal the infected on the spot?"

Red Mist stared at the civilians and tilted her head. The glow on their throats fascinated her. Ignoring Vegetto and Gogeta, she walked out from behind them and towards the audience before them. She showed no expression on her face and little regard as to what the two fusions would say. Her hands were kept behind her back and she gave the impression that she was trigger happy. She casually jumped over the soldiers barricading the audience and landed in the front. She slowly walked to a child. With most of her face covered by her shirt, the only thing visible were her green eyes.

Upon reaching the child, she towered before him, eyeing him down like prey. Before anyone would make a move, she squatted down to meet the child at about eye level. She seemed to glare at him but reached in her pocket to pull out what looked like a piece of candy. She removed the shirt from her face to show the child a smile. Her voice, though a little intimidating, was actually tender.

"I will protect you, young one." Red Mist tilted her head with a smile. "Your young life should be experiencing nothing but happiness. I will catch those bad guys for you so you can live peacefully." She rose to her feet, petting the child's head. She was so serene and peaceful around youngsters. Compared to Vegetto and Gogeta, she was very hostile around them. " I will give you peace, child. You and your people."

Goku huffed as he glanced around, rubbing the side of his left arm with narrowed eyes.

"I think we're done here, I can't sense any other sources of godly energy around. So before we head out and fight the rest of the Sith, we should report back to General Darok and let him know his homeworld belongs to him again."

Vegeta nodded his head once, moving up to Goku's side and clutching onto his shoulder with Vegetto Jr. slung across his opposite shoulder. Beerus moved to the other, grasping onto the larger Saiyan's shoulder before he raised two fingers to his forehead.

============================

Vegetto grunted, leaping over after the Red Mist with a frown and moving to her side, tugging on her shoulder after speaking with the child.

"Stand down!"

The child had trembled a bit in response, but stared on at the two after the exchange with a frown.

"I'm scared..."

The Potara fusion paused, turning to glance down at the child for a moment who retreated to grasping onto his mother's leg. His eyes moved up to meet hers, who offered a small half smile.

"Don't mind him my lord, he's just a little tense after what happened. He's a little excited to meet you."

Vegetto nodded his head once, moving to kneel down as well next to the boy. He paused for a moment, narrowing his eyes at the glow around the boy's neck. After studying it for a few seconds, Vegetto glanced back up to the child staring at him, raising an eyebrow.

"Is that true?"

The boy rapidly nodded his head, still clinging to his mother's right leg.

"Yeah, I want to have cool powers and fight bad guys like you when I get older! I want to be the strongest Sith there ever was, and be strong enough to be your sparring buddy!"

Vegetto chuckled a bit in response, a small ringing in his left ear beeping. He slowly lifted his hand to tap the receiver, his eyes still trained on the boy.

"Well, I certainly look forward to seeing your progress in the Academy. Don't keep me waiting for too long though, alright? I am getting older..."

:My leige...we've uncovered a new element in the parasite from the tests we've run on some subjects here in the medical facility on site.:

Vegetto turned his gaze towards the floor, listening on as Darth Marr's tired voice continued.

:It seems the parasite infecting those people responds when they speak words, probably incoded to a language as the infection only spreads when audible words are spoken. However, despite your ability to cleanse them by clearing their throats with your energy, we discovered that it takes merely fourteen words in total for the parasite to spread deep into the lungs and heart. The bugs infect the organs directly, able to survive inside of the tissues without harming the victims due to their size which is why everyone in that quarantine zone appears healthy outside of the glow around their necks. Yet they're able to spread through the air from the spoken word if they infect the hosts' lungs, making every single person infected with them a potential threat to the galaxy.

Vegetto's eyes widened, turning his gaze up to the child and mother staring at him, ignorant of the pained voice in his ear.

:My lord...there's nothing we can do for them now. We have to kill them.:

((Indeed, it is a shame! Keep in mind though that she doesn't have to meet up with the cast to get involved. Maybe she just catches a glimpse of them before they teleport, and ends up bumping into them again in a more public place? ;)

They are, after all, returning to the main hub of the Republic itself: the Republic's main space deck. There's perhaps a cantina or bar that exists there that they might be heading towards ;))

Seeing that their job was done, Brachi, Xenest, Busa, Majin Bara, Future Xenest and Future Brachi also took their turn to leave, feeling they could use the time to recuperate properly. Future Brachi offered to use Instant Transmission instead, as despite the Senzu Bean, Present Brachi still looked as if she needed more time to recuperate properly.

The Red Mist's face turned from soft and serene to sharp and serious as soon as Vegetto touched her shoulder. She seemed hostile with him and shoved her shoulder away from his hand. She seemed to have a bit of an attitude against the two but soften up when presented with helpless people. Was there more behind her? She stood by Vegetto's side, annoyed but at ease.

"Please, do not touch me." She sighed. "I do not see myself completely fond of you." Red Mist stared over to the child once more, giving him a sweet smile. She squatted before him once again, keeping a bit of distance between the two.

"True strength come from good decisions, young one." Red Mist tapped her temple. "Good decisions come from here..." She then tapped his chest, where his heart is. "And here... You need a brain to process the words your heart tells you, not what people tell you." Red Mist chuckled. "If you follow this path, you'll be even stronger than Vegetto on day."

She rose to her feet and took a step back, standing right next to Vegetto. Her voice returned to its serious nature. She didn't have anything against him or Gogeta, it just seemed that she cared more about the young people, wanting to give them a better future, one that she didn't seem to have the chance to live. The look on Vegetto's face concerned her and she shifted her footing, almost as if to brace for whatever he had to say.

"By your expression, Sir Vegetto, it seems that something has struck you?" She questioned. "Is there something you must inform us with?"

Vegetto said:
((Indeed, it is a shame! Keep in mind though that she doesn't have to meet up with the cast to get involved. Maybe she just catches a glimpse of them before they teleport, and ends up bumping into them again in a more public place? ;)

They are, after all, returning to the main hub of the Republic itself: the Republic's main space deck. There's perhaps a cantina or bar that exists there that they might be heading towards ;))

(OOh, that's a good idea! I'll do that. B) git this alien some cheesy.... alien food of some sort. XD)

In the span of minutes between Goku and company having defeated the Sith and their departure from the temple, Mioi only managed to catch a very short glimpse of the group-- most notably, Goku's rather strangely styled hair along with a few of the others. She stood at the remains of the Temple taking in the surroundings.

"...."

"Were those life forms the source of what I detected...?" Mioi wondered aloud. She looked around, trying to figure out what kind of conflict broke out. It certainly couldn't have been amongst themselves. The marclops stepped forward, cautiously scanning the area as she searched for any indicative of what went on. There looked to be a spot where... something.... seemed to have exploded in the vicinity. 

I ought to report back then... there is nothing left here... Mioi thought, turning on her heel and beginning to walk back to where she came.

Future Gotenks placed two fingers on his forehead.

"Wait up, boy." Raditz said as he quickly grabbed onto Future Gotenks' shoulder. 

Future Gotenks ITed out with Raditz.

Shadow powered down to base form.

"Chaos Control." A blue aura surrounded him and he teleported out as well.

Oriko grabbed Haribu's shoulder, with Haribu following the others using Instant Transmission.

_________

"Oh well.. It looks like I'll explore around some more before I take my leave elsewhere.." Lucifer walked in the corridors, looking for anybody else who might have been left alive on the planet.

The warriors disappeared into thin air, leaving the Temple grounds behind. Within a second, the group had teleported into a large command center room. Large computers whirring to life lined the walls, a center table depicting a holoimage of the planet Tython floating above.

Small little blips in the shape of Republic ships orbited the holoimage, three large frigate sized capital ships at the center of what appeared to be the command unit. General Darok stood facing towards the group, his face stern while Theron Shan crossed his arms at the general's side.

"Thank you for taking care of the Sith. Our forces are sweeping the rest of the muck off Tython as we speak, and reconstruction crews are already being prepped. This could have been much worse, but thanks to your efforts, the enemy has only bloodied our nose and hardened our resolve."

=============================

Vegetto kept his eyes trained on the two civilians, remaining silent for a moment at the Red Mist's question. He started to turn his eyes towards her, only to turn back at the sound of the child's voice.

"I could hear it."

The fusion paused, watching the kid glance down a bit.

"Does this mean I won't be able to fight you one day?"

The mother blinked in surprise, watching Vegetto dip his head to avoid her stare.

"No...you won't..."

The pained expression only worsened on the woman's face, but Vegetto glanced up in surprise at the child's slightly upbeat tone.

"Well, can you use the Kamehameha to do it?!"

Vegetto kept wide eyes, watching the child throw both hands out in the form with a grin.

"Mommy never let me watch the videos of you fighting those Jedi...but all my friends at school told me it was your super signature move! So if I can't grown up and fight with you, then I wanna say I went out fighting against your strongest attack!!"

The fusion paused, taking a moment to register the request. His eyes slowly traveled up to the mother, who tightly grasped onto the shoulders of the small bow with a pained smile. Vegetto dropped his head once more, slowly lifting his chin as his dual voice broke.

"Yeah...yeah I can...do that."

His lips twitched a bit, struggling slightly to put on a small smirk.

"But don't...overpower it alright? I don't know if I can do it again if you manage to stop it..."

The boy nodded his head, his eyes narrowing in a serious dead pan.

"Don't worry! I promise I'll hold back!!"

Vegetto bobbed his head once, quickly rising up to his feet and turning on his heel. His gaze remained on the floor, brushing past the Red Mist and avoiding eye contact.

"C'mon...we need to tell Gogeta what's happening..."

Brachi and her friends smiled while Majin Bara resorted to help in healing Brachi, as clearly her body was still showing signs of being fatigued. They were using whatever Senzu Beans they had sparingly as they didn't have the right facilities to mass-produce them in the way they were produced for Vegetto, but the Martians have been of major help in at least creating a constant supply using their advanced technologies. This moment of reprieve was something Brachi was making use of with every bit she could to regain her strength.

"No worries, this little adventure has given me, ideas." Gen replied to Darok. "I just need to get Drake to somewhere where he can rest. Then perhaps remodel some things of mine when this is all over."

((Alright Z, I'm gonna move Red Mist with Vegetto to advance the plot! Feel free to resume control when you want to jump back in!!))

Beerus glanced around the control room, remaining silent. Goku let out a content sigh of relief, while Vegeta kept his arms crossed and his eyes narrowed.

"That attack on Tython was directly coincided with ours on Korriban. That's too much convenience to be a coincidence, don't you think?"

General Darok nodded his head, turning his gaze over towards Theron Shan with a slight glare.

"It's possible the enemy's intelligence isn't the shambles we were led to believe. I'm sure the SIS here will determine how this slip up happened..."

Theron nodded his head once.

"We will."

A couple of soldiers made their way up from behind the group, carrying two large rectangular black boxes in their forearms. They stood at attention on each side of General Darok, who offered another smile back at the group.

"Even so, you've just won two critical battles for the Republic, back to back. You're all heroes, and heroes deserve to be recognized."

The two soldiers each opened their respective boxes with a loud click, moving forward towards the warriors. Vegeta raised an eyebrow, reaching inside and pulling out a large, golden medal in his right hand. The small Saiyan prince studied the large emblem on the top half, the purple laynard drooping out from his hand as Darok continued while the soldiers moved to each warrior with the box.

"The Medal of Valor. No commendation of this prestige has ever been awarded this quickly. The Chancellor herself sends her regards and is impressed by your heroism, as am I. Congratulations."

=======================================

((Since this is Star Wars themed, I thought I'd add in a little background music to fit the theme of what happens here! [video=youtube]
))

Vegetto floated towards the steps next to Gogeta, leading the Red Mist over to the other fusion. The three now stood over the crowd gathered on the steps, Gogeta's own frown showing his concern.

"Marr just informed me that they had finished purging the medical bay inside the tower. Please tell me you found another way while you were down there."

Vegetto dipped his head down, turning towards the crowd.

"No..."

The Potara fusion straightened his back, preparing to speak once the crowd had fallen sight in anticipation. His eyes wandered to each individual civilian, staring on with wide eyes as his dual voice spoke out.

"I know this may all be overwhelming for you, but there is something I need to tell all of you..."

Gogeta bowed his head, his eyes moving towards Vegetto at the other fusion's pause.

"The infection that the Republic has launched here today is contagious....and despite our best efforts....there is no cure."

Vegetto tensed instinctively at the last words spoken, preparing for the backlash from the crowd. His muscles relaxed slightly, however, at the sight of the civillians silent response. His own expression dropped, his attention being locked on the few individuals dropping their own heads with expressions of disbelief. He twitched a bit with his eyebrows at the sight of a few women clutching onto their husbands or children, pausing for a brief moment.

"We...we have to make sure this disease does not spread. I know this is difficult for all of you to accept...but for the good of the universe...we have to purge this sector of the planet. Including...the infected..."

The fusion's eyes then landed on the mother and child the two had spoken with earlier. The mother kept her head bowed to avoid eye contact with the fusion, prompting Vegetto to sigh lightly. But his eyes widened a bit at the child's grin, watching on as the boy threw the ends of his palms together and out towards the three on the steps as a signal.

Gogeta glanced up, moving over towards Vegetto after the fusion had fallen still.

"What's wrong?"

Vegetto kept his head locked, his face hidden from Gogeta's sight.

"That boy...over there. He knew what was about to happen...and he wanted to try and fight off the Kamehameha wave as a last request."

Gogeta let out a light chuckle.

"A warrior to the end..."

The fusion's smile dropped immediately, the sound of Vegetto's voice cracking a bit catching him off guard.

"He doesn't even know how to use his ki..."

Gogeta glanced away at the remark, before reaching up and grasping onto Vegetto's shoulder.

"Still...it's better that he dies doing what he loves."

Vegetto lifted his head slightly, before placing one leg back. Drawing both hands and placing them back, he bent his knees down with his vision trained on the crowd.

"I'm sorry it's come to this...my fellow Imperials. If you wish to run or fight, then you may do so. I want to make this as comfortable as I can for you all."

The purple energy began to whir to life in the fusion's palms, darkening the already cloudy sky. Crackling behind him, the energy faltered in size a bit at Vegetto's wide eyed expression, watching each individual slowly raise their arms into a salute to their right temple. The energy licked at the stone steps behind the fusion, his eyes glancing around at each individual before a loud chant deafened the roar of the building energy.

"For the Empire!!"

Vegetto's legs trembled a bit, dropping his head.

"Ka...me..."

Gogeta stepped back a bit, his frown dropping more at the weakness in Vegetto's chant.

"Ha...me..."

Vegetto's muscles tensed once more, his eyes widened as he threw both arms forward.

"HA!!!"

The large purple energy beam shot forward, rapidly closing in on the large crowd of civilians. Vegetto's face continued to writhe in horror at the sight of the unwavering crowd saluting, the large purple blast tearing into the stone and metal before engulfing each person in its deadly energy. His arms twitched at the sharp screams barely echoing out at the impact, yet remained firm.

The purple energy continued to shoot forward, barreling out towards open space to leave behind a large open crater where the platform leading up to the stairs used to be. Vegetto's arms dropped immediately to his sides as the energy disappeared into space, nearly falling forward.

Brachi and her friends blinked at the sight of the boxes, not expecting their actions to be rewarded.

"So, where do we go after this?" Xenest asked.

"I'm not too sure," Brachi said, "one part of me wants to go after Vegetto, another part wants me to find out what is really going on around here..."

OMGOMGOMG IM SOOOOOO SORRY! I'M SORRY, EVERYONE! REALLY! >_<))

Red Mist watched unphased as the people she wanted to protect died before her. The event didn't seem to stir her as much as the two fusion. One would think that she was enjoying this or was just devoid of all emotion. It was very hard to tell by watching her blank face. The screams did not bother her either. Her hair blew in a frenzy from the enemy released by Vegetto's palms. Her wild hair seemed to annoy her but she watched as there remained nothing of the people she saw moments ago.

She waited for a moment until the dust settled. She didn't seem concerned about Vegetto's well being but rather the people who were just...gone. She casually made her way to the center of the crater and knelt down to create what looked like a small mound of dirt. She walked inside the crater, gathering items so that she can make a small cross to ease the spirits of those who were lost. She stabbed the cross into the mound and got down on her knees. She looked as if she was saying prayer. This lasted for what seemed like five minutes before she finally stood up. 

She took out her combat knife and slashed her hand open without hesitation. She let some of her blood drip on the mound. With the same bloody hand, she gathered up the little ashes that remained of these people. She spoke softly to herself before opening her hand, allowing the wind to take the ashes and disappear with it. She only stood there, watching what seemed for like an eternity. 

"You are free from this pain and suffering. My pain is offered to you through my blood. My blood is your cure. Your cure is my motive." She said with a blank expression. "Please find it in your wrath to forgive me and to find it in your heart to punish me how you all see fit. This is my error. I have failed in protecting you. I am no soldier of miracles... but a machine programmed to deliver peace. Your deaths will not be lost." 

Red Mist took a sharp breath and stared at her bloody hand while she turned, walking back to the fusions. When she reached their presence, she stood in front of Vegetto specifically. Vegetto would feel a sudden sharp and blunt pain on his face. Red Mist effortlessly punched the man in the face. It was clear, at least to Vegetto, that there was an obvious difference in speed and strength between Jaz and Red Mist. While Jaz was barely able to keep up with him and deal any damage at her full power, Red Mist was fast enough to hit Vegetto to where it didn't even look like she moved. The punch would have had him slam and bounce off the floor only once until it looked like he was floating in mid air. He didn't hit the ground thanks to Red Mist gripping his hair and holding him as high as she could. His legs would be the only thing touching the ground.

"That hit was not from me, Sir Vegetto." She said calmly. "It was from your friend, Jaz. She wants to kill you now but I will not allow her to misuse my powers to do so." She released the man and even dusted Vegetto's shoulders with her hand. "Forgive me, she merely had a very minuet access to my strength. I assure you it will not happen again, Sir Vegetto."

Red Mist glanced at Gogeta before tilting her head. "You are also not safe from her wrath, Sir Gogeta, but I assure you, this will not happen again." She bowed her head respectfully to both men.

Hopefully, this will make up for it, guys! D: )

Once Mioi reached her headquarters, she made her way back in, going over what was going on in her head.

Perhaps I ought to report to the Superior about suspicious activity going on? Mioi thought to herself as she walked past other people and into a place to eat food solitarily. She hesitated in the idea because she was of a rather low ranking-- for all she knew they probably already knew about it. Then again, the group she saw didn't look like any superior she recognized at all. Perhaps I'll see the higher ups about it... The alien concluded, taking out a small coin purse and digging through it for her lunch money and immersing herself in the beeline for some kind of drink at the cantina within the facilities. 

Mioi was alone as always, but she didn't mind that. She did mind having little to do much of the time, however. It gave her too much time to be snooping where she didn't need to be.

General Darok crossed his arms behind his back.

"And we will figure it out. But you've done more than enough for one day."

He then unfolded them.

"Now then, I've been tasked with the cleanup of Tython and I want to be sure the Jedi Council knows they have our full support. If you'll excuse me..."

The commander did not wait for a response, brushing past the group of warriors towards the elevator on the other end of the corridor. The metal platform slowly rose upwards, leaving the others behind.

Vegeta kept his eyes narrowed, watching Darok leave with crossed arms silently before turning towards Theron at the sound of his voice.

"I don't know about you guys, but I need a drink."

Goku watched Theron Shan slowly make his way in the same direction, watching him point upwards while he walked.

"The central cantina is on the thirty-second floor of the Fleet if you want to join me."

Goku kept a smile, his arms at his sides.

"Thanks Theron, but I don't really drink."

"Kakarot."

Goku blinked, turning towards Vegeta who kept a stern stare.

"We should follow him to the cantina."

The larger Saiyan scratched the back of his head.

"Why?"

Beerus rubbed his chin, his expression blank and speaking without addressing anyone in particular.

"He's putting on a facade, you know. We should investigate, and see what he wants."

=================

Vegetto's eyes narrowed slightly into a wild glare after recovering from the barrage, barring his teeth in a frustrated grunt as his dark purple aura rapidly shot up from underneath his boots. Sparks of black lightning erupted around his body, his reddish golden hair brightly illuminated inside of his dark aura while he suddenly launched his right hand forward, tightly wrapping his palm around the Red Mist's throat.

"I don't care about your identity crisis problems anymore!! Die!"

Gogeta rapidly launched forward, pulling onto Vegetto's shoulders.

"Vegetto! Stop!"

The fusion hacked, blasting back a few feet from the force of an elbow slamming into his sternum. He kept his balance as his feet tore through the cement, quickly transforming into his own Dread Master form as Vegetto turned his back to the Red Mist, his attention now locked on Gogeta.

"Stop for what?! I dedicate my life to protecting the weak and defenseless, end the arrogance that plagues these people, and this is the thanks I get?! From some stupid little child that blames me for this...this...."

He reached up, clenching his eyes together tightly as he rubbed the edges.

"This suffering..."

Gogeta lowered his arms out of a defensive stance, frowning.

"You did what had to be done."

Vegetto snarled, roaring with his fists thrown down to his sides. His aura flared rapidly, his energy surging dangerously as the planet began to shake.

"How...dare...you!!"

Gogeta tensed slightly, grimacing.

"Listen!! We need to stay focused...this is just one city! We need to keep our heads or everything we've worked towards will come undone."

Vegetto's wild glare remained strong, his aura fading slightly as the planetary shaking died down to a mere tremble.

"I'll burn their worlds!! I'll crush their skulls in my hands, and watch them cower in fear as I smash their precious freedom to bits."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom