DBZ: The Shadow of Revan (Act Two Continuation)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Future Xenest growled.

"All she simply wants to hear is a simple and genuine 'I'm sorry'. Is that difficult?!" He asked, before turning to Whis at the revelation.

Xenest smiled at hearing the news of the Martians repelling the invasion.

"At least the Martians were able to put up some level of resistance. Their technological superiority has shown once again." He said.

"How are you so sure of that?" Future Brachi asked, blinking at the trust Xenest put in the Martians.

"The Martians have been the most worthy allies and co-founders of the Earthling-Martian Alliance since its founding in our home universe; they've been developing and manufacturing their machines and technology continuously as they never tire, sleep or suffer. While their bodies are physically primitive compared to ours, they are superior in technology and possess vast telepathic powers, powerful enough to manipulate or even execute others with their minds alone. However, there is something we need to take into consideration." He said.

"And what would that be?" Busa asked.

"The Martians themselves are definitely not going to take this lightly; I suspect that they're already assembling a fleet to cross into this universe to retaliate against the offenders even as I speak, coupled with using Capsule Corp.'s tech to transport their ground troops more efficently to strike back with a vengeance. I suspect Brachi must have gone to establish a meeting point and find a way to bring the Martians into here to attack the enemy forces after gathering intelligence first, perhaps probing the minds from prisoners they must have taken during the initial attack on Mars. Either way, attacking the Martians was a bad thing to do. Even the hostile Metar Race and Planet Trade Soldiers had suffered many losses when the Martians went on the offensive." Xenest said, crossing his arms.

((3 post warning guys! What I mean by this is that I will be making three more total posts in this thread before the game officially comes to a conclusion! I will wait for everyone to respond to each post for a couple of days before following through with the next, to give everyone a chance to respond appropriately and to prepare themselves for the transition into the Fallen Empire! In total, that means we only have one week of gameplay left for SoR unless people rush with their posts :p))

Vegetto crossed his arms in response, still keeping an angry scowl while Whis spoke up next.

"The Martians did not take any prisoners, unfortunately. The enemy forces were fanatical, and had special techniques for suicide in case they were captured."

He turned slightly towards Darth Marr.

"In any case, we still know who they are thanks to the Masters' knowledge over the attacks. The invading armada has already retreated to their homeworld, located on the opposite end of this universe."

Darth Marr turned his attention to Whis.

"The Outer Rim, then."

Whis nodded once.

"Yes, and I'd advise you to gather your forces to ally with the Martians. They will undoubtedly be upon the system within the next couple of days."

Darth Marr grunted lightly.

"The Dark Council will never agree to a temporary truce. But the soldiers aboard my vessels are loyal to me, and will obey my orders."

Satele Shan also scowled a bit.

"The Jedi Council will need to convene on this matter, due to the immense setback at the hands of a certain someone. But I'm sure I can convince them of the need, and we'll be dedicating some ships before the attack begins."

Vegetto scoffed lightly, keeping his arms crossed.

Xenest nodded.

"I'll warn Brachi and instruct our Martian allies to set up a temporal, mobile base in this universe in case new ships need to be commissioned or when surviving ships need repairs. They know the battles ahead won't be easy in the slightest and are taking no risks." He said.

"Right, we'll head home and bring in some additional ships from our universe as well." Future Brachi said.

"How are you able to work that out so quickly?" Busa asked.

"You'll be surprised at what the Martians are capable of. We've been gathering plenty of resources to aid in the construction of the ships and the materials needed for maintenance." Xenest said.

"Indeed," Future Xenest said, "the Anomaly Worlds have been of great help on that department."

"I have no influence of such groups of people. I will be willing to do what I am assigned. Do we assess the damages at Earth now that the invaders already have retreated?..." Being such a low rank on her own Mioi couldn't galvanize any groups. The most she was capable of would be taking orders at the moment. "Or should we retreat to our own base of meeting now?"

The whole fight ending felt like a nuisance to her, but she felt fidgety and restless. The mention of invaders made her feel that they had something to do with her home planet forced into conflict. On top of the Emperor, they also had invaders to deal with, of which she hd no idea if the two entities are related. It didn't make sense either that a society from so far decided to pick planet Earth to invade.

Mioi also didn't understand why Brachi disappeared so abruptly, but she left it alone for the time being.

"Well, are you done bickering like fools?" Red Mists's tone was harsh as usual. "Regardless of personal affairs or grudges held, we must attend to what is being done. If we continue to fight like children over petty things, more lives will be lost. We must avoid this at all costs. Please Lord Vegetto, you have a better knowledge about what is happening than I do. We have many planets in danger, including the Earth we vow to protect." Red Mist kept her back to Vegetto as she spoke. "Please take a moment to think about your next action and I will try my best to follow you." 

Red Mist stood by Mioi's side and glanced at Vegetto. For a moment, it almost looked like Jaz's eyes. She let out a small sigh before speaking again, this time to Mioi.

"Horned Creature, you speak within my head... this is a most useful ability you possess. Can you also speak to me over a distance?" Red Mist seemed curious. "I am rather interested at what other powers you hold... By any chance, do you have a name, Horned Creature?"

Mioi glanced in Red Mist's direction omce again. "Ah. Pardon, it seems in all this, I never properly introduced myself to anyone besides the group I came with. I am Mioi. An ability my race possesses is telepathy. I don't believe I can communicate at such a great distance as a being like Whis, but so long as you are in my line of sight, distance does not matter. It is the quantity of people that strains my ability." Mioi explained. "I am a pupil of the Jedi here, but it is not an innate ability I have or was raised to have. I do possess other abilities but it would be easier to show." 

She paused for a bit before speaking again. "What may your name be? The both of you, I mean." She was addressing both Red Mist and Jaz directly, picking up some context from Red Mist's partial monologue from earlier and the feeling she got that it wasn't exclusively one person she seemed to be speaking to.

Vegetto kept his arms crossed, looking away from the Red Mist and staying silent throughout her scolding. Darth Marr had already reached into a small pocket on his left side, pulling out a couple of metal cylinders. The Sith fiddled with the devices for a few minutes, before extending out one to Xenest and Satele Shan.

"Meet me with your forces at these coordinates. In two days time, we will depart for this unknown region and find out why they attacked our worlds."

Gogeta raised an eyebrow.

"What about Earth and the other planets?"

Whis turned his head slightly.

"The Masters spoke of the attacks as guerrilla warfare; sack and run. The planets themselves are still undoubtedly reeling from the blows, but the immediate threat has retreated. It would be wise to give them as little time as possible to recover from their expedition than waste it tending to planets that don't need our assistance."

Darth Marr nodded his head once.

"Agreed. For the fighters that have no allies to recruit, you are welcome to board my ship as we await for the reinforcements. My personal flagship has more than enough accommodations for everyone here."

He glanced towards Vegetto.

"It would give some of us an opportunity to relax for a bit, as we have gone through much without a single break."

Xenest caught it and looked at the co-ordinates.

"We'll be there and show those worthless petaQs they messed with the wrong people," He said, before turning to Whis, "but before we go, is there news about any of the other Z-Fighters on Earth here? Are Gohan, Videl, Bulma, Krillin, #18, Chi-Chi and the others of them still alive so only Goku and Vegeta have fallen?"

"I'll let you guys go on to beat up those guys. Since it's all of you, I have no doubt in your success. I'll probably head back to help Earth recover before going to do some research of my own on Vitiate. After all, we can't let this threat distract us from the other." Haribu spoke, putting his fingers up to his forehead.

"I assume you will be joining us later, then. Hmm?" Lucifer asked Haribu, who responded with a nod.

"Once I find out what I need to know about Vitiate from the Void archives, I'll get back with you guys." With that said, Haribu vanished, his next destination being Earth.

Whis furrowed his brow.

"I'm not entirely sure. The Masters only reported the deaths of Goku and Vegeta, along with the other Saiyan warriors fighting with Jitto. The others are most likely safe, but I can't say if the Masters were including Gohan with the group that fell in battle."

==========================

Vegetto kept his arms crossed, remaining silent as Haribu vanished into thin air to leave the rest of the group behind. His eyes turned to Darth Marr, who turned on his heel.

"Come, we'll use the tunnel that gave entrance for Revan and his followers. We'll await for the other forces to group with us, then begin the counterattack."

The Sith strode forward with Vegetto and Gogeta in tow, the other warriors following along with their backs turned to the fallen masked warrior.

latest

The End

The Shadow of Revan story arc has now come to a complete conclusion, no more posting in this thread! All following up posts at this point will resume in the "interlude" thread I will be posting up next. This will give you time to develop characters, RP out a break, or collaborate with other players until the Fallen Empire game is ready to kick off!

Thank you guys for helping make this story more epic than I had hoped, and get ready for the next chapter in this story!

EDIT: Actually, I've had a change of heart. Instead of the interlude thread, I've decided to go ahead and begin the Fallen Empire game thread here in the forums. The main story itself won't be kicked off until after an interlude period of RP, to give everyone a chance to situate themselves and develop some connections with other characters. I'll be sure to let you know when the main plot begins, so be ready!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom