DBZ: The Shadow of Revan (Act Two Continuation)

Status
Not open for further replies.
(( Spoiler!! This is the inspiration for this next part, for those of you who want the extra visual bonus :D)) 
[video=youtube]

===================================================================

General Darok huffed, still clutching at his wound as he turned towards Mioi.

"Mars? We never attacked that planet...there was no need to."

He quickly narrowed his eyes.

"You're just as foolish as the others, your people died without our help..."

His head turned slightly at the sound of Vegetto's heavy footsteps, his eyes widening as the fusion moved up from behind Mioi. His legs brushed at Mioi's side without control, his full attention locked on Darok without a care who he bumped into along the way. His red stained gloves quickly found the collar of the general's armor, lifting the man high into the air with narrowed eyes.

"You've talked long enough!"

Darok's eyes remained wide, letting out a scream of his own before the fusion suddenly dug his fingers deep into the man's neck. The dark pupils in his eyes illuminated brilliantly for a moment, the fusion easily ripping Darok's head from his body. Goku and Vegeta both stared on in shock, staring at the violent aura surging around his body that expanded out to even encompass Mioi, despite harmlessly phasing through her.

Gogeta kept a frown, watching on and distracted from the Red Mist standing directly in front of him.

I don't know where that power is coming from brother...but your energy signature diminishes everytime you use it. Your mind may not be slipping to insanity...but it feels as if you're losing it to another. Becoming someone else...

The fusion glanced up however, at the holo image of Theron Shan suddenly portruding from a nearby console.

"Hey everyone, I just wanted to check up and see-"

The man immediately stopped at the sight of the decapitated traitors.

"Oh...wow..."

Another woman moved up to his side, her eyes scanning the scene.

"I felt Arkous' passing moments ago. This is an unfortunate turn."

Theron kept his frown, the frustration clear in his town.

"Blast it! Those two were running a show; they were the best hope of finding out what's going on here!"

Goku and Vegeta both turned away, the woman speaking up.

"No...they weren't in charge. That disturbance in the Force I told you about earlier...I still feel it. It's...arrived."

Vegetto and Gogeta both glanced up as well, staring at the new sight high in the sky above. Four large and grey objects suddenly appeared in the orbit above, coming closer into view to reveal they were starships. One began to descend even closer, nearly hovering above the tower.

"We got company! Ships, capital size...whole bunch of them. Can't tell if they're Imperial or Republic, but one is dropping in to pay a visit!"

The warriors each stepped back, the tower rumbling at the ominous voice booming from the center.

"As important as Arkous and Darok were to the cause, their deaths won't stop us. They won't even slow us down."

Theron glanced up, the shock clear in his expression.

"That voice...I've heard it before."

The woman turned her head up slightly as well.

"It's...Revan."

Vegetto blinked on in confusion, watching as large holoimage of the man slowly came into view in the center of the arena. His robes were tattered and ripped along the edges, his mask visibly deformed. A single red glint illuminated from the left side of his visor, spanning across the mask.

"I almost had the Infinite Army I wanted so badly all those years ago with the Foundry. But even without them, I have enough."

"I think we should go back and grab Gen. Maybe he's found Elfsword and Simmon after all this time." Drake said. He then spat on the ground.

"Yeah right. Like he'll find them. Oh well, wonder where he is, anyway."

"But... that's not possible... it can't be..." Mioi dug her fingers into the ground in obvious frustration, her eye glowing for a brief flicker. 

If they weren't responsible for the destruction... then who was? It surely was premeditated. It had to be someone with the malice in mind. She breathed in heavily, and tensed from Vegetto's brush against her arm. Immediately she knew what came next, but she didn't shield her eyes from it. What Mioi didn't expect was the surge of that aura. It made her sweat a bit and her pulse quicken. Just what energy was she feeling?

But Theron's words, it broke her from her trance, and immediately looked upwards and towards Revan's projection. The alien looked to her group expectantly. "Revan?" she relayed.

"Revan?" Haribu asked. "Could he be... the one that the Masters were warning us about? Given your speech there about having enough power..."

"Oh? Someone's come to have their skull ripped out of their head by myself?" Lucifer cracked his knuckles.

"If you seem so confident, then why don't you come down here and fight us?" Oriko taunted Revan, looking at the massive ship hovering above them. "Or do I need to come for you myself?"

"Revan..." Red Mist sighed. "Another one with mystery.."

Red Mist remembered the voice only through Jaz. She turned annoyed, seemingly annoyed but indifferent to the situation. The combat knife she carried with her was being fiddled around between her fingers. She was itching for blood but she cannot act so hastily. She gritted her teeth.

"Is this the one who is giving us all these problems?" Her eyes sparked to Revan violently. "I will dispose of you myself when I am free from the clutches of these fools..." She whispered to herself. She licked her lips and seemed ready to attack to nearest person to her, that being Gogeta. She turned to the fusion with a crazed look in her eyes. It was only for a second but she took a staggered step back. She slowly started to regain her posture and take a sharp breath. The situation with Revan didn't seem to really amuse her but trigger her.

"I must... remain calm."

"Goading me into battle may have worked before I died, but not anymore."

Revan's image remained clean, despite the ruined attire he wore. Vegetto narrowed his eyes immediately, his aura still surging strong.

"I watched you die. You can't be alive."

The masked man scoffed.

"Oh I was dead, for all of a blink. I've been reborn...my mind clearer...my power intensified. And now, with the Order under my command, I'm unstoppable."

Gogeta glanced away, noticing Red Mist staring at him strangely. He raised an eyebrow.

"Jaz?"

Vegetto snarled, listening on as Revan's tone grew darker.

"Painful, isn't it? To see all the work you've done to save and protect the galaxy...undone. To watch those who turned to you for safety and stability die horribly to the enemies you know you can best?"

The fusion clenched his fists, Goku frowning.

"Well, I don't know why you're betraying us like this after we saved you from that prison...but if you think we're just going to roll over without a fight, then you're in for a rude awakening!"

Revan scoffed once more, his venomous tone intensifying.

"Oh believe me, I know all about 'rude awakenings'. I won't suffer another one at your hands again."

The masked warrior nodded to the group.

"The Empire must fall because it is corrupted by the taint of your Emperor, and the Republic is too weak to finish what I started. Both must be made to ash, and in those ashes, they can be reborn. Just as I have."

The holoimage suddenly cut out, Vegetto turning his eyes to the sky. Above, the main flag ship hovered a few thousand feet above the arena, the turning of the large aircraft cannons aiming down towards the Temple itself. Theron Shan's panicked voiced screamed out.

"Turbolasers are locking on!! Get out of there!!"

Brachi blinked at this.

"What in the name of the 29 hells of Dai-Zan is going on?!" She hollered as she saw the cannons locking on, deciding to take herself and the others out of the line of fire.

"Looks like the whole thing just escalated big time!" Busa said.

Mioi immediately scrambled from her position on the ground and ran past Vegetto towards Goku and Vegeta.

"We've no choice but to retreat!" Her voice echoed. "Unless you plan to down the ship itself."

Red Mist over heard the words of Theron and growled. She gripped her head and took heed of what he had to say. Red Mist vanished from view, trying her best to escape the target of the canons. With her speed, she was gone in a matter of seconds and well away from the blast radius.

"H-Hhaa..ha.." She panted. She pulled at her hair. "Control yourself, Mist! Control yourself!"

((Hey guys, the cast of heroes is at the very top of a large Temple, where they can't really "run away". Which I'll try to explain with this, sorry for the little gmodding! ^^))

Vegetto narrowed his eyes, immediately pulling his right hand forward.

"What a lovely idea. I'll just blow that ship and Revan sky high!"

Gogeta quickly lept forward, landing next to Goku and grasping onto his shoulder before forcefully latching onto Mioi's with his other hand.

"We have to go! They'll bring the whole Temple down on top of us!"

Beerus yawned heavily, his body still despite the ground rapidly trembling beneath him and Whis.

"Alright, let's not delay too long. Sense Marr's energy signature if you can, he should be close by to that Theron Shan."

The god casually strolled past a large blaster bolt crashing into the floor between him and the others, Goku and Vegeta both recoiling slightly from the shock. The laser bolts seemed to target mostly to the outside of the arena, aiming clearly for the structural sound points on the edge. Vegeta quickly reached out, pulling the Red Mist by the wrist in the group before she could disappear.

"C'mon!"

Vegetto's eyes widened a bit, caught off guard by Whis staff suddenly slapping onto his left shoulder before the massive group of people suddenly disappeared into thin air.

==============================

The group then appeared within a large control center of a ship, Imperial in design:

swtor-2015-06-07-20-26-20-93.jpg

Vegetto snarled in annoyance, whirling around towards Whis with his aura still flaring.

"I didn't need you to teleport me!! I could've blown up that ship all on my own!"

Brachi and her group blinked as they suddenly found themselves inside the ship, with Brachi retaining the circular golden aura, which was only faintly visible, yet she remained in Base form. One might say she was using a bit of her regular Super Saiyan power for increased speed and maneuverability while she remained normal, her tail wagging in agitation.

"What is this?!" Brachi asked.

"Well, at least we're in relative safety.." Oriko sighed.

"So these are the ships that are used here.. Fascinating.." Lucifer looked around the ship, observing the layout.

"So my question is; what are we going to do about Revan?" Haribu questioned the group. They would need to confront Revan eventually.

Mioi appeared disoriented and surprised for a few moments, unsure of what just happened. The marclops didn't understand much of anything given how quickly it occurred, but felt simply lucky for having been taken out of harm's way. 

"Just how is he alive if he was as dead as he stated? I don't understand..." Mioi's thoughts echoed as she raked her fingers through her magenta hair, exhaling loudly through her nose in frustration. Not to mention the sudden displacement made her head swim briefly on top of her having been relaying her thoughts to many minds at once. A memory shoddy as hers held nothing but the destruction and chaos wrought upon her people. 

If Arkous and Darok had no hand in the destruction of my home... then who? The alien buried her face in her hand.

Whis chuckled, lowering his staff off Vegetto's shoulder with a smile.

"Calm down, Vegetto. There's something more important we need to discuss with the leaders over there."

The transformed fusion raised an eyebrow, turning slowly towards the row of figures standing a few feet away. Theron Shan and the same Sith woman from the terminal stood in the middle, with the armor clad Darth Marr to the other side of the woman, and Satele Shan standing to Theron's other side.

Theron kept his face stern.

"Glad you made it out of there alive. But we don't have any time to celebrate."

Satele bowed her head slightly.

"Grand Master Satele Shan, I had the pleasure of meeting some of you on Tython. I'd like to thank you for your intervention, your actions saved thousands of lives today."

Vegetto instantly scowled.

"What is this trash doing here?"

Darth Marr responded next, Satele remaining emotionless in her expression.

"We've discovered Revan's plan, and we'll need our combined forces in order to stop what is to come."

Gogeta raised an eyebrow.

"And that is?"

Darth Marr paused, letting out a small sigh before continuing.

"We've discovered that the Ziost attack was no mere coincidence. Revan specifically chose the capital city as a testing ground as a cover for his true location: he is within the city ruins deep underground. And he has found the last essence of the Sith Emperor there."

Vegetto lowered his arms, dropping his shoulders a bit as the glow of his transformation also faded away. Reverting back fully to his normal state, the unnatural energy signature disappeared as well.

"I thought you told me the Emperor was dead for the past twenty years."

Gogeta scratched the back of his head.

"I was told five."

Darth Marr nodded.

"Both are technically correct. No one knows what the true Emperor appears to be, but for the time until your arrival, he ruled over the Empire using proxies. Voices, as we learned to call them. They were merely physical bodies possessed by the Emperor's spirit, who ruled over a portion of his power and acted with his identity."

Vegeta kept his arms crossed.

"How many of these 'voices' did he have?"

Darth Marr glanced slightly towards the prince.

"Three in total. The first one was destroyed in a ritual that gave him the power of an entire planet's population some fifty years ago, another disappeared over twenty years ago, and the one that had played a part in most Imperial affairs was struck down by a Jedi strike team only five years ago. They may have destroyed his body, but no one.."

He pointed to Vegetto, before turning to the others.

"Not you, not me, not anyone here among us can truly destroy the Emperor singlehandedly. The Emperor's state is currently nebulous; incorporeal. To strike at him, Revan will first have to return him to a physical form."

Satele Shan kept a hard glare.

"Which is exactly what the Emperor wants."

Darth Marr nodded once in agreement.

"He will destroy Revan, then move on to the rest of us. The energy draining you experienced on Korriban when you first encountered me was his doing, and if he returns to the living world, he will consume you entirely."

Goku glanced down.

"That voice we spoke to whenever we were sent forward in time two years....was that him too?"

Vegeta nodded once.

"There's no question it was."

Beerus clasped his arms behind his back, his expression blank.

"Now we've come to the end of this charade. If this Emperor is responsible for what we felt two years ago, then everything stands at risk here. Destroying things is my job, but even I know that there still needs to be something left to be created."

Satele Shan nodded.

"Darth Marr and I will be leading a joint strike force of Imperial and Republic soldiers on Ziost to put an end to Revan's plan. I hope you'll join us."

Vegetto scoffed in response, turning towards Darth Marr at the sound of his voice.

"As do I. For not only the Empire, but for the fate of all life in the universe."

"Certainly. We can't let the Emperor return. For this reason alone, Revan must be stopped." Haribu spoke out.

"I agree. If this man is really that powerful, then we can't let him come back." Oriko smirked as he talked, giving the others a thumbs up."

"It's more fun for me, so let it be.. I will rip this fool in half." Lucifer smirked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom