DBZ: The Shadow of Revan (Act Two Continuation)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The man chuckled lightly in response.

"Oh my, we have a high opinion of ourselves don't we? Not even a minute after meeting and you already presume that you're going to do any harm to me."

Goku glared strongly at the man, clenching his fists together.

"Who are you? What's your game?"

The man turned slightly towards Goku in response, his amused expression remaining.

"So is this the part where I outline our grand design and then you decide whether or not to spare my life? Fools, you're not going to get an answer out of me."

Vegeta scoffed, clenching his fists as well.

"Maybe you'll change your tone after a few punches to the gut."

Beerus yawned, stretching his arms as he stood next to Whis who remained silent.

"You guys have fun, Whis and I are going to sit this one out."

A small buzz rang out in the communicator in each of the warrior's ears, catching both Saiyans by surprise.

::[Hey, I know you guys weren't really paying attention, but I slipped these devices into your ears during the shuttle ride here. Just wanted to give you a heads up on the special...contact I mentioned earlier. She's got you some pretty good back up.]::

Goku turned his head up for a minute, blinking at the sudden energy high in the sky rapidly closing in on the group. He tensed at the sight of a purple energy aura growing in size, squinting as Theron's voice continued.

::[Don't worry, you can thank me later.].::

Vegeta's eyes widened, bracing slightly at the massive impact of the energy aura slamming onto the ground on the opposite side of the circular arena. Three figures now stood facing towards the man, having been carried alongside the main figure moving forward in an angry march.

The man took a step back, staring back into the irate and rage filled eyes of Vegetto, the Red Mist and Gogeta standing behind him.

"Arkous, you traitorous dog!! I'll crush a bone for every death you caused on Ziost, you worthless trash!"

Brachi and her friends blinked at the sudden appearance of Vegetto, Gogeta and Red Mist, before turning to Arkous, also getting angry as she balled her fists, her tail waving angrily to and fro as a golden aura appeared around her.

At first, this aura appeared like your basic Super Saiyan Aura, , but then the outline expanded and the inner area of the aura disappeared, eventually forming a static circle around Brachi, as if it was somehow keeping her power in check, waiting to see what Vegetto would do.

Red Mist landed on the floor with a small and gentle thud. Her head slowly lifted up to face the others. To them, it obviously looked like Jaz without her trademark hat but to someone who knew her, it was obvious that something was wrong. She flipped her hair back behind her shoulder and stared blankly at the group before them. She didn't muster a word  to the group or her own little party. Her eyes shined a deep green color and scanned all the people in the area. Some will remember her but will be surprised to see that she is an entirely different person.

Red Mist lowered her head to keep her face hidden to the people but her eyes were wide open. If looked closely, she was looking into a void but her face was shown to have a deep anger or murderous intent. 

latest

Darth Arkous instinctively took a step back, his eyes narrowing towards Vegetto.

"They died for a greater purpose. One that is even greater than your failed Empire or their pretentious Republic."

He glanced over his right shoulder.

"General?"

Bolts of red energy suddenly shot downwards, aiming towards Brachi and Drake. Darok soon landed on the ground with a loud thud, aiming the rifle that fired the shots at Vegetto.

"If only you could see what we see. But your pride blinds you from the truth...and that is why you will die!"

Vegetto roared, bolting forward towards Arkous as Darok fired continous bolts of energy towards the fusion, turning his back towards Gogeta and the Red Mist. Arkous tensed, but shot backwards towards Brachi's group from the force behind Vegetto's initial fist strike.

Brachi sensed something coming towards her from above, so in an instant reaction, she hopped backwards rapidly, while her friends cleared a way as Arkous was sent backwards, right as Brachi recomposed herself and delivered a knee strike against him.

"The only purpose it will serve is your downfall," Brachi snarled towards Arkous, "beasts like you do not deserve to exist!"

Brachi's friends, whom let Arkous fly past them, all powered up each as they noticed that Arkous was the enemy and had to be dealt with as such.

Xenest on his turn fired a single Plasma Storm towards the General firing the shots, using the attack as a cover to give Vegetto some room to retaliate.

Mioi stepped back several feet near Beerus and Whis who were sitting it out, not wishing to immediately jump into the fight just yet. She had a lot of rationalizing to do.

So this Arkous is the third party? Mioi thought, observing the conflict and attempting to make odds and ends of what was going on. It was clear to her that Arkous is the third party aiming to watch both sides destroy each other. She recognized Vegetto from the different feeds she had seenin the recent years, but wasn't entirely sure as to who was the most troublesome at the moment.

But why rely on the rifle? Is he preserving energy? she asked. It cannot be his only form of offense...

"Assist your brother, Sir Gogeta, I will attempt to find the boy that you promised to take home." Red Mist said calmly. Just as quickly as she spoke to Gogeta, she vanished. She was obviously looking for Jr. but she seemed almost... angry, it was hard to tell. 

The Red Mist, despite looking for Jr., didn't know what he looked like. She never truly met Jr. without having Jaz intervene. As she disappeared from Gogeta's view, she appeared in front of Beerus. She stared at him intimidatingly but meant no harm unless attacked. She bowed her head respectfully to the feline and his partner, Whis. It was quite obvious she cared little about the battle at hand with Vegetto but she also gave the face of contained blood lust. Jaz was still fighting to keep control but was losing little by little.

The Red Mist kept her head bowed as she spoke to Beerus, calmly despite the action. 

"Excuse me purple feline..." Her voice purred. "Have you seen Sir Vegetto's son? I am here to obtain him. It is the wish of a friend and Sir Gogeta." She finally lifted her head to look at Beerus. All Beerus saw were dark green eyes behind black messy bangs.

Drake jumped away from the rifle shots, his orange energy armor covering him.

"You know, I'm starting to miss some overpowered friends of mine being there to solve all my problems faster then a Saiyan could." He complained.

Haribu landed next to Red Mist, feeling that the group that was fighting had everything under control at the moment.

"So Darok was acting beyond his authority.. Although why is he trying to fight the others? It almost seems like suicide." He locked his eyes on Darok, trying to make sense of just what he might be planning.

"Now this is gonna get fun! You guys handle that Arkous guy! I'll deal with Darok!" Oriko extended his wings and flew up, shooting multiple light arrows at Darok. He also noticed several blasts of demonic energy.

"And so a third party reveals themselves. As this party is separate from the other two, that means I get to join in on this fight. Oh goody." Lucifer grinned as he stepped out of his portal.

Gogeta kept his eyes narrowed, tensing as the Red Mist left him alone.

I'm not worried about him needing help...

=======================

Beerus narrowed his eyes a bit down at the Red Mist, a small smirk across his face.

"Interesting. Something about you seems rather different..."

He rubbed his chin.

"Normally, I would've destroyed you for addressing me in such a disrespectful manner. But your change is fascinating, what happened to you?"

Whis kept his eyes ahead on the brawling warriors.

"Jaz here possesses two identities, from what I can recall. The Red Mist currently is in control of her body."

Beerus lowered his arm.

"Ah, the Red Mist then? Intimidating title for the weaker beings in this universe, but still a catchy one. As for your question on Junior, he is still recovering in the Republic's main spacedock. Where exactly he is outside of that, I can not say."

Whis blinked for a moment, before narrowing his eyes in suspicion.

"Something is off about Vegetto over there. That strange power...it's starting to build again."

=======================

Darth Arkous cried out slightly in pain, his eyes wide in slumping forward from the impact of Brachi's knee. He dropped to the floor on all fours, scrambling up to his feet.

Vegetto's energy flashed as he dashed past the remainder of the group, sparks of black electricity noticeably spiraling outwards and striking at the others in his flight through them. The fusion quickly landed in front of the collapsed Arkous, rapidly shooting both arms down and hoisting the Sith up above his shoulders.

The dark purple aura flared violently around his body, the black lightning surging around him as his hair turned to the dark crimson with gold highlights. His pupils illuminated heavily, radiating with energy as they shifted from an original dark purple to a bright red.

His normal energy signature began to distort, rising heavily in power. Gogeta blinked in response, the tower beginning to shake violently as Vegetto's rapidly growing power level began to change in nature. Diminishing in his unique pattern, and rising in an unfamiliar sinister entity. Goku and Vegeta remained tense as well, watching on with wide eyes of their own.

"All those people...all those years of work to show the universe the pride that has perpetuated this war! Undone!"

Darth Arkous' eyes remained wide, choking heavily as streams of red blood began to trickle down his neck from Vegetto's white gloved fingers. The fusion's face continued to heavily distort in his rage, his dual voice nearly changing into another.

"Suffer as they did!"

The Sith suddenly shot downward, his face hitting the hard stone with an audible crack. Vegetto's right fist followed second, grasping onto Arkous' head and dropping down to one knee. His muscles in his right arm bulged, forcefully shoving down onto the Sith's head towards the ground. Gogeta's jaw dropped in horror, trembling a bit at the sound of Arkous' high pitched screams ringing out at the tower, followed shortly by the crunch of his skull being crushed beneath Vegetto's hand. The pressure forced the head of the Sith to explode outwards underneath the fusion's hand, red liquid shooting out in every direction and landing far enough onto the other warriors' feet while Arkous' body lay still.

General Darok rolled to his left, breaking out into a sprint to dodge the arrows raining down on him. He wildly shot upwards at Oriko with his rifle, but stopped in place at the explosion of Arkous' skull in front of the group.

"Arkous!!"

The general then grunted, collapsing onto the ground from the force of a light arrow penetrating into his right shoulder. He grunted in pain, grasping at the wound with his back on the ground and cringing heavily.

Vegetto rose up from his feet, shaking his red stained glove for a moment before turning slightly towards Darok.

? Mioi had no clue who any of these people were, so she ignored Beerus' conversation save for his mention of Vegetto. At that, she looked away in time before the grotesque image graced her line of sight.

She looked at Darok before looking towards the others in her group. Looking at Vegetto briefly, she held her hand up to signal that she needed a moment to attempt to speak with Darok to those about to attack him next. 

Mioi knelt down towards Darok. "I am not here to spare your life, but I am going to ask you one thing. Why was the planet Mars targeted by those of this conflict?" she figured if such a party was manipulating both sides, the alien expected some form of answer. "There has to have been a reason for a neutral planet to have been overtaken."

Of course, if Darok spewed only nonsense, then she would simply move out of the way for him to be disposed of.

Clearing the way after delivering her knee strike, Brachi blinked at Vegetto's latest form, wondering if he found a mixture between the Dread Saiyan form and the normal Super Saiyan form.

Xenest on his turn instantly turned to Darok.
"This better be the Mars of this timeline, and NOT the Mars that I know of." He commented.

"Oh... My... Zeus... It's like walking in on Reject in his cabin again." Drake muttered, looking at what remained of Arkous.

"Whatever secrets these men have planned, it's obvious today they will die with them."

"Uhh, that just happened..." Haribu's jaw dropped at what he saw.

______
"Aha, and so the Emperor finally decides to lose the chains of his power. What fun!" Lucifer smiled deviously at the blood.

"What the hell?!" Oriko spoke as he deflected Darok's blaster shots. "He just.. Did that?!"

Red Mist seemed to ignore Beerus's slick remarks about her and glance back to the moment where Vegetto killed Arkous. Her eyes widen with lust while she saw blood. Of course, she had to learn to control herself. When Beerus gave her the answer she needed, she turned back to the God and bowed her head yet again.

"Thank you, large-eyed purple feline." Red Mist offered him a salute. "The information you gave me will be put to great use." 

Red Mist turned to the mush of what was left of Arkous's head and, as always, remained entirely un-phased. She casually walked back to Gogeta's side, yawning. Her eyes shined when they glanced at Vegetto. She managed to see his style of fighting and it only made her smile. It almost reminded her of something. She couldn't help but chuckle wholeheartedly to herself but something was very off about her chuckle. It seemed dark. Finally, she called out to Vegetto, trying to get him to get his attention off Darok. A wounded man cannot fight back.

"Are you satisfied now, Sir Vegetto?" Her voice broke the silence. "Has the traitor's blood spilled enough for you?"

Suddenly, she appeared right in front of Gogeta. Her speed was a much bigger step than Jaz could ever accomplish. She saluted to the man like any soldier would.

"Sir Gogeta, I have information that your nephew is located in a spacedock belonging to the Republic." She kept her cold eyes locked on Gogeta, it was almost like he felt some sort of invisible pressure on his shoulders. "Shall I destroy the spacedock and retrieve your nephew by the end of today or would you rather let me aid you, sir?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom