DBZ: The Fallen Empire (Chapter 3: The Outlanders)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jaz's cheeks turned a bright red when she felt herself lifted by Junior. Her eyes widen when she looked up at Junior. She fiddled her fingers, feeling a little embarrassed but secretly enjoyed the attention she got. Leaning her head against Junior's chest, she did as she was told but continued to fiddle around.

"U-Uhm.. You sure you can carry me around?" Jaz whispered. "It's gonna be a little bit of a walk, Junior. I-I think I can walk! I'm not that tired!" Jaz lied but the situation she was in was rather cute, especially how she reacted to it. However, she didn't make any attempt to jump out of his arms. "I should be carrying you... I'm totally stronger..."

===========

With his daughter in the arms of another man, Kire quickly turned back to Junior and glared directly at him. At this point, the rage on his face was obvious. He walked over to the young man and stood before him, halting any advances Junior would make and ignoring how far the others got. Crossing his arms, he stared at the two, being even a little angry with Jaz. His voice was harsh to the boy and he took one step forward, being just foot or so away from Junior.

"Lemmie get one thing straight with you, young man..." He leaned closer to Junior's face, trying to make his words clear. "Don't you ever come between a father and his daughter unless you want problems. Kindly hand back my daughter."

Jaz looked at her father and tilted her head, confused. 

"Daddy... Junior is super cool, he would never come between us!" Jaz smiled. "Besides, I do wanna take a nap on Junior."

Kire bit his lip. "No Jaz, you'll only burden this man. Now jump on my back and I'll carry you to the area. You can sleep on my back."

"Don't worry daddy! Junior is really strong and he doesn't get tired easily. You worry too much daddy, you can trust Junior, he wouldn't hurt a fly."

Kire remained silent but didn't go against Jaz's wishes. He gritted his teeth. "Fine. Once we arrive, you better give her back." He addressed to Junior. He moved to the side but he remained close to Junior to watch his ever move.

Solaris moved up to Gogetta Jr., keeping stride with him.

"About our behavior, I'm sorry. Everyone's been through a lot. Though, a few questions after waking up after my second nap."

Kira meanwhile kept away from Gogetta, Vegetto, and their Jr.'s.

Zibarica, Basil and Paprika simply followed HK-47 while listening to Gogeta Junior's comment.
While following behind Vegetto and Gogeta, Panich narrowed her eyes slightly at Gogeta Junior. His comment wasn't helping her ill feelings toward him after snapping and putting the blame on the woken group after they worked to hard to try and help them.

"Given that Vaylin is the ...favorite daughter of an entity that exists like Vitiate, and was deliberately killed by his own son, of course she possesses powers beyond our current abilities. She was almost invincible. My bite is not exactly one that wouldn't break into flesh." Mioi remarked, doing her best to ignore what she perceived was some kind of competition behind her. It grated against her ears but she kept her thoughts to herself. "If only there was a flaw in all that power that we could have exploited then."

Must Earthling parental units be this possessive over their offspring? Perhaps in the next ten minutes they will fight for the title of Alpha male.

"A... strange thing occured while we were frozen in that carbonite. Not that we would have gotten any insight on the past 25 years, but... I'm unsure how to word it."

Vegetto Jr. smiled down at Jaz, before Kire's warnings.

"Maybe. We can take turns: after your nap, you can carry me around."

He stopped, remaining silent through Kire's tirade, only nodding once at the end.

"Yeah...that won't be a problem."

=============

Gogeta Jr. kept a frown, nearly scoffing at Mioi.

"Oh you've only seen the most basic level of her power. Mind trapping Jaz back there?"

He grunted, narrowing his eyes forward.

"I've watched her pull memories from my own head in combat, recreating entire people before my very eyes. Ripping their very souls from the Underworld, and sending them to fight against us. We had no choice but to destroy them."

Vegetto raised an eyebrow.

"How could you know she was pulling souls from the Underworld."

Gogeta Jr. stared forward.

"At first, I thought they were mere illusions she created to trick us. Our first attempt to truly fight the Zakuul Empire was to use Shenron against them. We wished for the revival of everyone killed by their Empire."

His frown deepened.

"But the dragon could not revive souls and bodies destroyed while in a state of death. We didn't even have time to figure out we had actually destroyed real souls until Vaylin arrived on Rishi."

Beerus crossed his arms behind his back, still following after HK's lead.

"I take it she had been tracking you?"

Gogeta Jr. grunted once more.

"Not really, she found us without even a logical path to follow. She sensed the power of the dragon's arise..."

His eyes narrowed again slightly.

"And destroyed Shenron before wiping the entire planet clean."

His eyes then turned towards Solaris, his frown remaining.

"What do you want to know?"

Solaris and Kira looked shocked at what Gogetta Jr. said.

"Holy Stars... That's... That's..." Solaris struggled with the words at anger.

"Something that makes the Sith Empire look like paradise?" Kira said. Solaris looked at her confused.

"I just... I'll beat her unto an inch of her life and smirk when someone else finishes her off..." He shook off his expression, turning back to Gogetta Jr. "Tell me about this Dread Energy I've heard tossed around."

"And the Dread Masters you spoke of earlier." Mioi added to Solaris' inquiry. While they were stuck looking for some kind of object, she thought it best to try and get in as much informations as she would need. "You mentioned their presence. Well, lack thereof." To her, much of the terminology thrown around sounded completely foreign to her, and Vaylin's further extended powers definitely unsettled her. It made her rather surprised Vaylin didn't obliterate them within seconds. But given her overall careless demeanor, Mioi chalked it up to some kind of sadism. But she knew they would cross paths with Vaylin and Arcann again sooner or later. What were they going to do the second time? The mere anticipation made her blood run cold.

"It is... all very new concepts to me."

As Gogeta spoke of the events that happened, she looked up at Junior and leaned her head against his chest. The Dread Saiyan's voice echoed in her head and she couldn't help but feel uneasy.

"Hey Junior, I kinda need to talk to you about some visions I've been having." Jaz whispered, trying to keep it hidden from her father. "That Dread Saiyan dude has been talking to me and he's been saying a lot of stuff that worries me. He said something about wanting me to stay alive so he can show me that he... succeed. I have no idea what he means by that..." Jaz's hand gripped on to Junior's shirt and she even curled up a little, obviously worried. "But we're kinda powerless to stop him... why does he want me to live anyways?"

=========

Kire eyed the two suspiciously but knew that he would have to distance himself from them. He let out a sigh.

"Well, shit." He said bluntly. "Looks like a lot happened while we were sleeping. This war just turned from bad to worse and we got a crazy girl who's almost God-tier tracking us down. I'unno if it means anything, but I got a lil' vision of this Dread dude. Some things of what he said might prove useful to you guys."

Gogeta Jr. shook his head.

"Our plan began with moving Shenron from the Earth's core to a backwater pirate hub known as Rishi. Earth is under heavy surveillance, as Arcann fears the most threatening presence to his Empire can arise from there like us. With the help of the Namekians, we were successful in relocating him without incident. But Vaylin somehow knew they were involved, and destroyed their world shortly after Shenron."

He then scoffed at Solaris' and Mioi's question.

"Why don't you ask my father? They were the only ones worthy of their notice."

Gogeta frowned immediately, but perked up as Gogeta Jr. immediately stopped in place at the mention of the Dread Saiyan. He turned towards Vegetto Jr. who mirrored his shocked expression, both turning their attention to Jaz and Kire.

"Who did you see again?"

Panich and Bage turned their heads to Jaz, intently waiting for her response. Basil and Paprika narrowed their eyes at the mention of the "Dread Saiyan dude."

Zibarica continued on while listening to the conversation.

Solaris walked over to Gogetta while Kira looked at Jaz and Kire.

"I'd say ignore him. All he'll bring is doom and gloom." She said. Solaris meanwhile muttered, "This had better be in your plans master... Sorry Jack."

Jaz looked over at Junior and Gogeta, shrinking herself in Junior's grip. Uneasy about the attention that Gogeta was giving her, she mumbled slightly but made her voice loud enough for him to hear.

"I-I saw that Dread Saiyan..." She said with a small sigh. "He kinda looked like Junior but at the same time... he looked different. He said to me in a vision that he wanted me alive so that he can show me that he had won or something." Jaz's grip on Junior's shirt tighten. "I don't know exactly what he means by that but I think you guys are involved in it... especially Junior since he seemed a little interested in him too."

Kire bumped in after his daughter, noticing the uncomfortable face she had.

"This Dread dude said something about you in specific, Sir, Gogeta Jr." He continued to walk as he spoke. "He claims that you hold a grudge over us due to this war taking your mother or something. This Arcann dude started a war over the assassination of some dude we didn't even kill." Kire shrugged his shoulders. "It sounds like he wants you to argue and make enemies with us or something. I only assume he might want to use you as well or he just wants to cause more problems or drama, I can't really say for sure. He told me to keep my mouth shut because apparently I'm going to 'divide this group.' If that ain't the stupidest shit I've heard all day..."

Kire pulled out his usual cigarette and lit it up, taking in the fumes. 

"Look kiddo, I'm not here to make any decisions for you, step on your toes, or put tension between you and your friends." He let out the fumes from his mouth. "I will keep out of your way but I will help you when you need me, even if you don't like me. Even if you believe me or not, I think it's something you should know. Jaz said you're a smart kid ya'know, and, from the looks of it, ya' haf'ta be if she stuck with you for so long. I hope my words help you out a bit, Gogeta, I'm willing to help if you want it."

Jaz smiled at how compassionate her father was being. It was rare for Kire to act this way but it looked as if he truly trusted these people, even Junior, to some extent. She rested her head easily on Junior's chest as she watched him walk off in front of the group with his hands in his pockets. However, he turned back and glared directly at Junior, almost as if he waited for him to come closer with his daughter in tow.

"Hurry up, Junior-Boy!" He said with a grumpy tone. "I want you and Jaz by my side at all times! Ya' hear me?! So you better keep up or I'll come back there, take Jaz, and move on without you!"

Mioi waited for Jaz and Kire to finish speaking before adding her piece.

"I also saw this vision of him. This Dread Saiyan was called Emperor Valkorian; the father of Arcann and Vaylin. He said to us that Vaylin has always been his favorite when he appeared to us. She was able to detect us when we were not physically within our bodies during our imprisonment of carbonite. Arcann did not feel our presence." Mioi's eye narrowed. 
"It couldn't be any other reason as to how she has far more... far... stronger powers than what I have been told of Arcann. Whis had explained before that he created... Valkorian and Vitiate. Whis is no longer here for that reason. Arcann killing him was unprecedented, but the Dread Saiyan seemed to hold no qualms over it. I'm almost positive he had forseen it. He does not need a body to exist, just like Vitiate."

"I was not aware he had appeared to others like that until just before our crashing. If it is all the same to you, we did not come to Valkorian. Arcann overpowered us and destroyed the ship we were in after departing the last place we were on. Valkorian wanted us alive." Then Mioi made a loud inhalation noise. "I don't understand why Arcann considers us prized, however. If he killed Valkorian with such ease, he could have done the same to us. But he did not. And that vexes me most of all."

Then the alien tilted her head once she tried to recall Whis' words. "It seems to me Whis had created the first of these Dread Saiyans if the creation of these two entities was so long ago. But only you Saiyans could confirm or deny what Dread Saiyans and Masters are. I am ignorant. And I am of sorry."

"Remind me to have a word with Dread Master Bestia about the whole state of affairs. If there's one thing I hate is that I'm being left in the dark about what in the 29 hells of Dai-Zan is going on around here in the first place." Brachi said.

"Are you sure about that?" Xenest asked.

"You bet your life. This is the second time I've experienced an involuntary timeskip. I don't care what it takes or how it gets done, but I want those years which were stolen from us back." Brachi replied.

Gogeta Jr. glanced down at the mention of his mother, frowning heavily in response as Vegetto spoke up next.

"It's true. The Dread Saiyan was the Emperor we encountered, but it was just his physical body. This, Valkorian, apparently merged his mind with whatever was left of Junior's future self."

Gogeta frowned as well, nodding towards his son.

"Arcann invaded Earth before we were captured in the first place, son. Goku and Vegeta died trying to defend Earth with your mother from his attack...he was planning on dominating the universe the entire time."

Gogeta Jr. grunted in response, Vegetto Jr. keeping his head slightly dipped.

"Maybe...they have a point. This does sound like something Arcann would do..."

Koth snorted.

"That snake has never been worthy to lead. He does whatever he can to take power for himself, never earning it in the slightest. At least we know Vaylin is way beyond Junior's power; he could stomp Arcann in a matter of minutes."

Beerus rubbed his chin.

"I wouldn't underestimate Valkorian's son either. It has been a long time since he took control, and he has undoubtedly maintained his strength. Paranoia drives warriors to become stronger, even in times of supposed control and peace."

Gogeta Jr. kept narrowed eyes.

"Still, you don't have any right to talk about what has happened here. We may have broken you out and need your power, but your foolish arrogance is going to get us all killed."

His eyes darted over to Brachi first.

"That means no Martians-"

His eyes then landed on Vegetto.

"-and no Dread Masters."

Vegetto narrowed his eyes in response.

"They haven't intervened in this war because they charged us with handling it. We've spent the last two decades before this whole thing relying on their help and support. We're the ones who made this whole mess, they aren't responsible for cleaning up after it."

Gogeta Jr's eyes remained in narrowed slits.

"Then how about you show some respect and start trying to fix the mess. Starting with the very thing that created it in the first place-"

He glanced amongst Brachi, Panich, and Vegetto.

"Your damn pride."

Jaz let out a sigh and looked up at Junior, worried for the others. She didn't know what to expect the coming days but eased up for the most part. She leaned on Junior's chest and continued to talk to him about her visions.

"I'm a bit worried, Junior." She whispered. "That Dread Saiyan said he had plans for all of us. When he said that life was more interesting with me in it or something. He claims that he's going to save all the life in the universe and he wants me to be alive to know that he succeeded. I have no idea what he means... I'm scared that he's gonna hurt you." Her cheeks tinted red. Her eyes finally started to get heavy and she struggled to keep her head up. Slowly but surely, she took her chance to sleep in his arms.

========

Kire waited for Junior with come to his side with his daughter. He noticed Jaz sleeping and he couldn't help but smile. It's been a while he's seen his daughter sleeping. He's uneasy and harsh attitude to Junior soften up when he saw how peaceful and cute Jaz was. He turned his back to Junior and slowly began to walk t their destination.

"C'mon Junior." He said with a slightly grunt. "You don't wanna keep a pretty girl like her away from her beauty sleep, do ya?"

He turned to Mioi. "Whelp, this must all be really weird and new to you, huh? Human 'culture' must be pretty confusing, huh?"

Solaris sighed. "So. Gogetta right? Mind explaining Dread Energy to me? Please?" He crooked his head to Vegetto, then Kira, before settling on Gogetta next to him.

Kira didn't say anything but didn't seem pleased.

"If you really want this mess fixed then why don't you show some respect and let the strong ones take care of it! We know what we started and know what needs to be done. Our objective will not change, no matter if we complete it the right or wrong way." Panich scoffed at Gogeta Junior. "I'll say again, you're the ones who need our power. So don't think you're in any position to be ordering me around!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom