DBZ: The Fallen Empire (Chapter 3: The Outlanders)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once the vision was over, Mioi grabbed Oriko, recalling his injury from earlier, to prepare for impact. She clung to a bar over her head and tensed her body. "It would be troublesome for you if your injuries worsened." Mioi wouldn't prevent much besides being something to hold onto and soften the impact in the event of the ship jostling about too much. Though she already experienced a crash landing before, but wasn't sure of how intense the crash would be this time.

Kire rolled his eyes to the words of the Dread Saiyan and chuckled at what he said. He shook his head and once the vision ended, blinked to reassure that the vision was his own. With the ship going down, he quickly took a hold of Jaz and gripped on a bar on the wall of the ship. He kept his back facing the front while he kept Jaz tight against his chest. 

"Brace yourself Jaz." Kire whispered. 

"Right!" Jaz replied. Jaz gripped the same bar her father held and kept the same stance as him. Her eyes trailed over to Junior, wondering if he was braced as well.

Basil, Paprika, Zibarica and Bage had held on to something to keep their balance, while Panich simply leaned up against a wall.

Koth continued to struggle against the stiff controls, his eyes wide.

"Well...let's hope that beam does its job! Incoming in ten seconds!"

The warriors braced against the hull of the ship, the vessel rocking heavily from the force of the ground impact. Vegetto grunted, swaying slightly for a few seconds before the ship slowed to a halt, all of the roaring sound dying with it.

Gogeta Jr. quickly stepped to the back of the shuttle, his hands shooting forward and sending out a small blast of yellow energy, blowing the back half of the ship away in a violent gust of wind. He was the first to step out, the dark sky visible to the others for the first time.

18f470a0d790920e7311381f54a42c86

latest

Vegetto rubbed his shoulder, stepping out after the Saiyan while the others slowly funneled out. Koth soon followed after once the others had all emerged from the back of the shuttle.

"Alright Junior, that's two shuttles you owe me. The one for Arron Prime-"

Gogeta Jr. kept a small smirk, shrugging his shoulders as he nodded towards Zibarica.

"Hey, that one was on Zi. He was the one who thought it'd be a good idea to fly straight into a squad of knights with the thrusters depleted."

Koth grunted.

"Nah, Zi and I had a lengthy board meeting to discuss the terms, and we both agreed it's coming out of your tab. Then the one we lost on Breental Seven, thanks to your diplomatic skills with the locals, and now this!"

Solaris grabbed Kira's hand and the two made their way out. Solaris donned his helment back on but kept glancing at Gogetta Jr. while Kira looked around.

"Well. That happened. Ship crashes happen just as often as Jedi and Sith fight." She said.

Zibarica smiled at the fusion.

"No one objected! Did you want to just sit there and wait for them to come get us? Sorry Junior!" 

"Telling us, 'Don't worry, I got this', does not mean that we agreed with your little plan." Basil intervened with chuckle.

Panich simply scanned the new area silently.

Brachi and Xenest grunted a little as the vessel impacted, although it was more gentler than initially thought, with them hoping that the shuttle was at least salvagable.

"So, where are we?" Brachi asked.

As the ship landed, Kire and Jaz kept their footing. Both of the smiling in unison as everyone was unharmed. Kire released Jaz and he watched her move over to the front, trying to get a full view of what was before them. Jaz's eyes sparkled at the sight and it was obvious that her curiosity spiked. 

"This place looks so weird!" Jaz said through her smile. "More importantly, are we safe for now?" Jaz said, looking up at Gogeta Jr. The Dread Saiyan's words loomed in her head. She was about to bring up the tpic but she kept his mouth shut, at least for now. She remembered how mad he got at her so she just left him alone for the most part. She casually made her way over to Junior and circled around him. She pulled him by his hand for him to see the view outside.

"C'mon Junior!"

===========

Kire stood by the exit with his arms crossed and scanned the area with his mechanical eyes. He seemed to be gathering information, for the most part. He turned over to Mioi, calling out for her.

"You alright there, Mioi?"

Mioi tilted her head towards the direction of Kire's voice before turning around, having kept close to Oriko. 

"I am fine. I was expecting the landing to be much worse." She replied in a rather casual tone. Her eye slid down towards Oriko. "Are you alright?" 

Mioi then observed the environment they were in now; she didn't recognize it for the most part.

"Yeah, I'll be fine..." Oriko leaned against a tree as he responded to Mioi, the boy sitting down. "However, we're now stranded here. I hope there was a backup plan in the event that something like this happened."

Koth nodded with a smile as well.

"Still, I guess it was worth it when we had to pull you from the flaming debris with that look on your face. By the way, I still haven't gotten that exotic "zeni" money you kept talking about."

He then turned his attention towards Brachi, glancing around.

"Just the usual old swamp. Grumpy wildlife, barely populated...my people call it the Endless Swamp."

Gogeta Jr. rolled his eyes slightly.

"A overdramatic name, for an overdramatic planet."

Koth narrowed his eyes slightly.

"Hey, you were the one that risked our entire group on saving a couple of prisoners. Don't call me 'overdramatic'."

Vegetto Jr. soon stopped into a halt, having allowed Jaz to pull him along before tugging on her arm, nodding to Gogeta Jr.

"What do you think about the Martians though? If they're here now, we really could use their help."

Gogeta Jr. grunted, crossing his arms.

"Seems a little too convenient, don't you think? Either way, they're going to get us killed. The Knights have probably been tracking the shuttle since we left the main city, and if there's a Martian ship in orbit somewhere activating a tractor beam for us..."

The Saiyan kept his eyes narrowed, his tone still flat.

"Well, it's pretty obvious that Arcann will track not only their ship, but where we are as well."

Vegetto brushed off his black gi as he joined the group, standing next to Beerus while HK-47 casually walked forward.

"Report: Sensors are picking up a large, metallic object within four hundred and seventy three meters. Analysis suggests it is technological construct, but there are no energy emissions to be found in the vicinity."

The droid nodded towards the group.

"Commentary: I suggest we investigate the construct before the Skytroopers converge on this position. Unless you meatbags wish to continue the cliche discussions of mating, survival, and resources that seem to distract you at the most inopportune times."

"How can you track something which you cannot see or detect?" Brachi asked, "As far as my knowledge goes, if a cloaking device is truly state-of-the-art to prevent detection by the only means a cloaked ship can be detected, how can you know it's there, other than some sudden actions?"

"It may have given them the right opportunity to gather intelligence and adapt their technology in accordance what they have encountered so far, leaving the big ships behind and using only small scale operations and small ships for covert operations, perhaps to intercept resources and the like." Xenest said.

"So, what should we do now?" Brachi asked.

"We should investigate the construct as the machine suggested," Xenest said, "we can use the Martian vessel to scan what things we may encounter and adapt accordingly in case of danger or when something interesting comes about which is worthy of note. The Martians confirmed the presence of such a technological construction. They're in the process of making a more precise scan to determine whether it is some kind of archeological site, artifact or structure and who or what made it or set it up. Our only concern is that it doesn't have anything Metar related to it."

(Now that he said Meatbag, I can't not read the droid's lines in Bender's voice. GG)

"An object with no energy emissions? Wouldn't that mean it isn't active?" Mioi asked. "It definitely is something worth investigating. I am curious as to what it is and it is not like we can reboard the ship."

Kira looked at Xenest.

"Now I want this cloaking tech in belt form." She said. Solaris meanwhile looked at Brachi.

"Arcann will find the Martians not by tracking them, but by tracking is. You Z-Fighters, Sith, and Jedi have the ability. I doubt he wouldn't." He replied. Kira looked worried before turning to HK-47.

"Alright. Lead the way." She said.

"Alright, let's get going. If we stay here, we'll just all get caught in the same situation." Jaz said crossing her arms. "It's better than staying here, right? We should pick up the pace too, those guys might be on our trail sooner than we think." Jaz let out a sigh. She looked genuinely tired despite her long sleep. She wanted a moment to just sit down and truly take a rest, especially with Junior. She rubbed her eyes and looked at Junior, giving him a smile and holding onto his arm.

"Let's at least see what the little robo-dude is talking about." Jaz spoke out loud. "He might have found something really useful..."

=======

"Aww man, what a shame." Kire whined. "This ship can still be scraped for some parts. Aw well.. can't help it I guess." He shrugged his shoulders. "I'll have to come back to this beauty later on, she's still mighty useful and may even provide me some special info. However, if you ever want that robot to turn into something useful, I'll be sure to make good use of his parts." Kire made a wicked smile. He meant no harm however. He noticed how Jaz was holding on to Junior and he obviously didn't like it. He foced himself between the two, specifically pushing Junior away from his daughter. He placed an arm around Jaz's shoulders and pet her head, walking away from Junior with his daughter in tow.

"Aww, you tired already Jaz?" Kire toyed. "I thought you were stronger than that, cupcake. No worries, you'll be catchin' some Z's soon enough."

Kire began to take the lead with Jaz by his side, regardless if he was even going the right direction; however it was clear that he wanted to keep the two youngsters away from each other. He also wanted to use this time to bond with his daughter. He kissed the top of Jaz's head showing that even under his hard metallic shell, he was still a very kind and loving father. Kire looked back at Junior and only narrowed his eyes to him before turning to Mioi as he walked.

"C'mon Mioi, I think the sooner we leave, the cooler things might get."

Gogeta Jr. rolled his eyes slightly, clearly losing control of his composure.

"Oh I don't know, maybe because it's not as undetectable as you think? Maybe, because your little beam still exists, and thus, it can be tracked somehow?"

His eyes immediately narrowed.

"Or maybe it's because you don't really understand how Zakuul has dominated this universe for the past twenty five years? You know, with a crazy psycho bitch that runs around, warping reality and somehow figuring out our next step before even we think of it? Commanding a fleet of warships wielding technology and sensory equipment far beyond what anyone has even seen before?"

He soon scoffed, turning on his heel as he treked after the others.

"Kami, I forgotten how arrogant you people were."

===============

HK-47 turned his head slightly towards Kire at his comment.

"Answer: Unfortunately master, my chassis and behavior core are very specific to my make. Do not worry, I am still capable of killing most anything for you."

================

Vegetto Jr. stared back at Kire with a perplexed expression and a frown. However, the Saiyan hybrid lightly tugged on Jaz's arm once Kire had turned his attention to Mioi. With a small grunt, he quickly hoisted Jaz up in his forearms, letting her lean against his chest in a near cradle like position with both arms.

"Don't worry Jaz, you can take a nap if you want. I'll carry you around, no problem."

=================

Vegetto glanced around the swamp, following after the group with Gogeta and Beerus while HK-47 quickly moved in front of Kire, veering the group to the left.

Brachi and Xenest merely scoffed at Gogeta Jr. as they continued to follow, with Xenest using telepathy to remain in touch with the Martians present, as being updated with the progress they have made.

Fortunately for him and Brachi, they also received the news that everyone of their friends and family are still very much alive and kicking, with Future Xenest and Future Brachi having watched over them over the time they had been in their involuntary stasis, as they all had helped the Martians in improving their technology beyond their imagination.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom