DBZ: The Fallen Empire (Chapter 3: The Outlanders)

Status
Not open for further replies.
"W-What?! 25 years?! Well damn, I still look good. A nice beauty nap is what I needed tho' I wish my neck wasn't so stiff. Still, that's crazy! We're still ourselves and time just zoomed by us! That's pretty cool! Everyone around us must be--" Jaz cut herself mid sentence. She stared at Junior for a second and seemed shocked, seemingly putting the pieces together. "So if 25 years pass by... Wait, how old are you, Junior?!"

Jaz didn't seem mad but more surprised about the fact that Junior barely changed much in how he looked. She honestly thought he didn't age. She continued to float higher and higher in the air, unable to completely control of her new power. She was also still unaware for the most part. She looked down at Junior and placed her hands on her hips, scolding him.

"Why didn't you tell me you got older, Junior? Were you planning to hide this from me?!" She began to point a finger at Junior and lift higher into the air with each remark she did. She wasn't mad at Junior but more concerned about what he did over the years. "Did you think you'd get away with it?! What were you doing for the last 25 years, huh?!"

==============

"25 years, huh?" Kire sighed. "That explains my rust..."

Kire turned to Mioi and listened to her thoughts about Junior and his family. A devious smirk formed on his face and he thought about using the situation to help keep Jaz away from Junior.

"Yeah, it's a parasite that can dwell in the head and cause you to see visions!" Kire explained. "Why do you think Jaz couldn't see anything for a while? You should stay far away from those two or else you might get the... Cutie." Kire looked over to Jaz nagging at Junior and whispered to Mioi. "But I doubt the parasite would hurt you since you seem to be resistant to it. Why not help out your friend Jaz and keep her away from that Junior thing?" Kire took a step back from Mioi and gave her a warm smile. "In return, I'll let you be one of the first to try out some new suits I'm planning to make. You'll be stronger than ever!"

Vegetto Jr. cringed as Jaz began to speak, his face contorting with each passing second. He nearly began to tremble once she paused, anticipating the question he had tried to avoid at all costs.

"Nothing like you think! I was...I was just looking for you."

He barely noticed her floating again, balling up slightly at her intense scolding.

===========

Gogeta Jr. rubbed the bridge of his nose, turning away from Brachi towards Koth. 

"Damnit Koth, this is why I told you not to just drop the bomb like that!"

Vegetto's own eyes remained wide, glancing down towards the floor.

"Twenty five...years..."

Gogeta Jr. dropped his arm, frowning heavily.

"Look...I know this is a lot to take in. Take as long as you need to...I'll answer any questions you may have. Just...take it slow..."

"Well, first and foremost, how are our children and our friends?" Xenest asked, deciding to word the question which was raging through Brachi's mind as the fused woman looked quite catatonic, her eyes twitching at random intervals, "I sincerely hope for everyone's sake that every single one of them is at least still alive. Having missed out on so many years of their lives is bad enough already..."

Xenest didn't hide for one bit that he and Brachi both valued the lives of their friends and especially their three children greatly, even valuing it above their own. Not seeing them around with the others was putting Xenest on edge, but he retained his focus. However it was Brachi he was worried about the most. Given the events she had gone through was enough to make her edgy to say the least, so any bad news that was potentially to come, which he prayed to all the Kais and even the Dread Masters would not have to be brought, would be even more devastating to her than the current news of having skipped so many years because of an unwanted imprisonment. Xenest couldn't help but gaze at Brachi from the corner of his eyes, who sported this blank, haunting, catatonic look on her face, not bothering to sit straight or stand up... just sitting there, waiting for at least the one thing that could possibly bring her some form of relief, or otherwise push her over the edge of madness... it was hard to tell what Brachi was thinking right now, but Xenest could most definitely make out the nervosity and concern for their loved ones. He hoped strongly that their Future counterparts kept watch on them throughout all those years... not to mention the potential results of the reunion. While this was nagging on Xenest's mind and brought both his dark powers to bear for a split second, he knew that Brachi's situation was much more dangerous.... he hoped that the whole situation wouldn't cause a relapse with the three children...

"Hmm. Very well, then. I will accept your offer. However, I believe the parasite may have already infected her. I do not believe she has been able to levitate up until now. Is that a side effect?" Mioi pointed out. 

"According to my limited knowledge about Earthlings, this does not appear to be a common ability for humans." Mioi reached up to grab Jaz's ankle, tugging at her leg gently with a toothy frown. "You there, small Earthling! Have you been infected with the parasite's disease?! Cease your defiance of gravity, at once!"

As she did that, she looked at Gogeta Jr. "I care little for those details. What of the other planets? Has Arcann expanded his empire to the other planets? Or a better question to ask would be how you have found us. For it to have taken you 25 years, it must have been difficult."

Then her eye seemed to raise in a corner of the lid questioningly towards Brachi. "What ails the woman there?"

"Gravity defiance..? What?" Jaz, at long last, finally realized that she was floating in the air and was brought back to the ground thanks to Mioi. She instantly stared at Junior with both amazement and confusion. It was obvious that she was going to go insane with joy in front of Junior but Mioi's words caught her off guard.

"Parasite? Infected? What are you talking about Mioi?" Jaz stared at the Martian, tilting her head. "I'm not infected with anything! At least I don't think I am..."

============

"Oh man... now she's flying?" Kire growled. He turned to Junior and placed himself between Jaz and Junior. "Hey, mind explaining why my daughter is floating around like you guys?" Kire was trying hard to hide his obvious hate and rage to the boy, at least in front of Jaz. "What did you do to her? Huh?! Did you do something to her while I was gone?! Did you hurt my daughter?! What did you do to her?!"

Kire was up close and personal with Junior's face but he caught himself in his last sentence. He cleared his throat and took a step back from Junior, keeping himself between the boy and his daughter.

"Sorry... It's just been a while. I'm a bit tense about the situation we're in now.." He tried to cover up his loathe to the boy. "My nerves are acting up so I'm a bit...jumpy."

"So much for taking it slow.." Zibarica sighed. He, Basil and Paprika watched as the fusions were bombarded with the questions from the warriors.

Panich placed a finger against her temple, before glaring at the conversing group.

"All of you SHUT UP!" The princess snapped, while her husband jumped from her shout, "As if the fatigue from waking up after 25 years wasn't hurting my head enough. The boy said that they would get to your questions, but at least let them explain what the hell has been happening all this time, before you start badgering them with your ridiculous chatter!"

Beerus kept his arms crossed behind his back, his expression nearly flat with a hint of disappointment in his brows.

"I believe the most important question is simple: where am I going to find another attendant?"

Gogeta blinked, frowning as well.

"Is that really necessary right now? With everything else going on?"

Beerus nodded curtly.

"Indeed. A large portion of my power came from Whis directly: nearly a quarter. Without him, I am without guidance and weaker than before."

The god paused for a moment, glancing down.

"I do feel the same, however. My power has grown slightly thanks to the small nap."

Gogeta Jr. crossed his arms.

"In any case, it's better that I fill you in on what's been going on here..."

He gestured slightly to Vegetto Jr.

"For starters, Junior here knew of the entire scenario we faced. You had disappeared into wild space, searching for the very power that was awakened all those years ago on Ziost. There was...a ripple that we all sensed before the invasion. An explosion of energy that likely shook the entire universe, given how far it was from you."

The Saiyan's eyes narrowed slightly.

"Not long after, the same invader who attacked Earth launched an assault on the core worlds of our father's Empire and the Republic, claiming a group of outlanders had slain his father, the 'Immortal Emperor'. We put two and two together and figured out the Emperor must've been the threat you were chasing, and thought you died in the confrontation with it."

Vegetto's eyes were narrowed.

"Which side did he attack first?"

Gogeta Jr. turned his gaze slightly.

"Both. The Eternal Fleet struck at shipyards and rallying points for both sides simultaneously. Their ships were the most deadly force we had ever seen, and even with our combined power with Junior's Dread Energy, we couldn't even dent a single ship in a sea of millions."

The Saiyan paused for a moment.

"Within two weeks, the bulk of the naval forces on each side were either destroyed or disabled. Using the naval superiority, Arcann began choking all supply lines throughout the universe: trade, travel, any ship travel at all."

Vegetto closed his eyes for a moment, glancing down.

"What of the remaining Dark Council?"

Gogeta Jr. narrowed his eyes even more heavily.

"Your Dark Council fought the Zakuul invasion ruthlessly and to the very last man. The Empire's treaty was ultimately negotiated by the Minister of Logistics."

His head then turned slightly towards Kira, keeping his frown.

"The Chancellor of the Republic, Saresh, also refused to negotiate the terms of surrender. But the Republic Senate managed to overrule her, and created their own cease fire terms with Zakuul."

Gogeta Jr. then turned towards Xenest, sighing heavily.

"As for your children, I can't say. The Martians have been absent from this universe ever since Arcann invaded: we haven't had contact with anyone else."

=========================

Vegetto Jr. regained his composure, warily glancing at Kire for a moment before speaking.

"It's...fine. I didn't mean to cause any trouble..."

His attention then turned back towards Jaz.

"I don't really know how it happened..."

The Saiyan frowned slightly.

"I never had the chance to teach her."

"Is a Cutie not a parasitic alien capable of mimicking its prey? For this "Junior" looks to be as if Lord Vegetto cloned himself! That is no coincidence! I also have sources that have told me it makes one hallucinate! And you lost your way mid-battle with Vaylin and acting in a strange manner." Mioi's furrowed brow made her seem sure and haughty in her assertions as she spoke to Jaz. "Therefore, I will not allow the parasite to get any closer and further infect you!"

She stopped once they were silenced by Panich's outburst, listening intently to Gogeta Jr.'s explanation. 
"I see. Now, what of the state after these negotiations?"

Kira looked down and away, silenced and uncomfortable. Solaris meanwhile glanced at Beerus before turning back to Gogetta Jr.

"No Lily huh... She probably hates me... Anyway." He muttered to himself, eyes closing.

"Knowing the Martians, they obviously must have retreated for their own safety and likely have taken those whom had come with us initially with them. Besides, I do remember that our children remained in our universe back when this whole mess started, but with how long we were gone, I wouldn't blame them for having come here in some form or fashion to start search operations. They would never let us down," Xenest said, "but it pains me severely to have missed out so much on their lives."

"Twenty--five--years....." Oriko looked at the floor, dumbfounded. "If only I knew about what happened in my home universe within the past 25 years... Hopefully Maki is still around to tell me.."

"Cutie? I think you mean cooties, Mioi..." Jaz chuckled. "Junior doesn't have cooties, they aren't real and they don't infect people. Cutie is more of a physical thing, more like a term we used on Earth. We use it when we really like someone!" Jaz's cheeks turned red but she instantly realized what she said and shook her head. "N-N-Not that I like Junior or anything! He's just-- uhm.. He's just a familiar face! He's just got a face that's hard to forget!" Jaz crossed her arms and looked away from the group, her face as red a tomato. "H-He's still a dweeb... Anyways, Junior just looks really similar to his dad, Mioi. I guess like father like son, huh? It might be genetics."

Jaz turned to listen to Gogeta Jr. and frowned. Over the course of time they were asleep, it looks as if a lot happened. She leaned on Junior, troubled by all that's happened. She spoke softly to him, looking up to face him directly.

"I guess a lot has happened while we were gone, huh..?" Jer gaze lowered to the floor. "I'm sorry we couldn't help.."

============

Kire lowered his shoulders to Gogeta's explanation, sighing at the reality of what happened. He placed a hand behind his head and leaned lazily on it. He didn't seem at all interested or phased by Gogeta Jr.'s speech. He perked up when Gogeta mentioned something about kids and he instantly remembered something. He stretched his arms and popped his robotic joints.

"Speaking of kids.. How are your brothers, Jaz?" Kire asked, raising an eyebrow. "I assume they gotta be big boys now since 25 years have passed."

Jaz instantly turned pale at the question and gripped Junior's arm tightly. Her body grew cold and her eyes widen, dreading the day she would have to answer that question. She didn't want to answer it knowing it would break her father's heart so she tried to change the topic.

"E-Errm, yeah they're fine, daddy." Jaz said rushed, instantly changing the subject. "And don't worry about me, Mioi! I don't think Junior will infect anyone here. There are no such things as Cooties, that's just a little thing humans tell young children to not hang out with strangers or something."

Gogeta Jr. glanced away slightly at Mioi's question, keeping a small frown.

"Both sides are forced to pay a heavy tribute to Zakuul, mostly in raw materials and resources. Along with an arms statue."

He crossed his arms.

"They're both breaking it, of course, but without an answer to the Eternal Fleet, neither side is capable of directly challenging the throne. And unfortunately, only see this as an opportunity to crush the other at a time of weakness."

The Saiyan kept his eyes narrowed.

"We, however, have spent the last few years attempting to put an end to all of the violence between both sides. But it's not exactly easy to do, given the state of the universe-"

His sharp eyes locked onto Vegetto.

"-you left it in."

Vegetto frowned.

"I was fighting to stop this pointless war."

Gogeta Jr. rolled his eyes.

"And you certainly paved the way for this one: a broken Empire docile enough to bow before a powerhouse like Arcann, but arrogant enough to fight against a weakened Republic, so fueled by hatred and vengeance from your actions that they will ignore the bigger threat just to spite said broken Empire."

The Saiyan dropped his arms.

"I've had enough of the politics your attempts at peace have created. Twenty five years of misery and suffering, billions of lives lost against this Zakuul Empire."

His sharp eyes then turned towards Xenest.

"And then there's your lot. These "Martians" so loyal to your group of friends, but don't give a damn about anyone else in this universe. We were the ones who freed you, this operation born from the labor we spent years developing. And where were they this whole time?"

Gogeta Jr. turned back slightly towards the others.

"Where were your Dread Masters?! All this power to stop Arcann, and no one wants to do a damn thing about it!"

=========================

Vegetto Jr. kept a small smile throughout Jaz's attempt to explain, only breaking out into a frown at Gogeta Jr.'s outburst. He paused at the end of the other's long list of questioning, his eyes widening as he let out a small gasp. He then turned towards Jaz, lightly tugging on her shoulder.

"Hey...I almost forgot..."

The Saiyan then reached into a small pocket in his left side pants, digging around for a moment before pulling out a worn, old looking beanie. He held it out towards Jaz.

"I saved your beanie. I know it's a bit older than you'd like it to be, but I think it'd still look good on you."

Mioi snorted and turned her head away. "My sources are incorrect then! However, for measures of safety I will not allow parasites of any sort to possess you either, as I promised your parental unit." She probably wasn't supposed to divulge that much information, but that probably wouldn't serve relevance. "You Earthlings are so confusing. No matter. I will learn of the Earthling life. You both will serve as my points of reference. No matter how strange your language is."

Once she heard Gogeta Jr. speak again, she scratched her cheek in more confusion. "Dread Master. That is another thing I wish to be informed of. Were there other allies I was not aware of?"

Kira looked at Vegetto and opened her mouth, only to get silenced by Solaris.

"Instead of you all bickering, why don't we destroy the Eternal Empire with all the power houses here?" Solaris offered. "After all, I only serve two masters, and one is for revenge against a former. Blow up this planet, enrage the leader, and then we blast the man dead enough not a cell will be left. Though, someone else will have to do the actual killing, other then me. Although... What's this, 'Dread Energy,' you speak of?"

Kira waved her hand infront of Solaris' face.

"Hold up. Hold up, are you, dense? Do you really not remember what happened the last time we tried to fight a leader of the Zakuul Empire? Has the carbonite freezing affected your memory? Your plan is nothing short of meaningless suicide."

"Don't worry Mioi, I'm sure that Junior has no cooties... or parasites. I won't be possessed anymore." Jaz nodded to Mioi. "And don't worry so much about what Daddy says, he's just on edge about Junior and his kind. He just never saw someone as cool as Junior." Jaz gave Mioi the sweetest smile and tried her best to level with her. She stared at Junior as he spoke and fumbled around in his pocket. When she saw her hat, her eyes lit up with joy. She was speechless.

"Junior.. you actually kept it?" She took a hold of her beanie and held it tightly in her hands. "I didn't think you'd actually keep it.." Jaz instantly wrapped her arms around Junior and held on to him as tight as she could. She honestly thought that Junior would have forgotten about her. She hid her face on Junior's chest and slowly lifted it up to face Junior directly. Her cheeks were red but she couldn't help but smile. For the first time, she never felt so happy. "Y-You're such a dweeb..." She said sheepishly. "You're the best person to have ever come into my life, Junior... You're so sweet! I promise I won't ever make you run away from me ever again! Speaking of which, your dad whooped my ass really bad..." Jaz placed a hand on her stomach.

=============

Kire grumbled as he watched Jaz and Junior have a moment together. He screamed internally but forced himself to Junior's side and placed a hand on his shoulder. His grip was hard and he had that fake smile as usual. His right eye twitched but he continued to play it off as technical malfunctions. He spoke to Junior, almost proud of his words.

"She's nothing but a bubble of joy, huh?" Kire glanced at Jaz who was snuggling her face in Juniors chest. "She's beautiful, ain't she? What do you think about my lil' girl, Junior? How long have you guys known each other? How...close are you two? I mean, a father's gotta know, right? Also, mind informing me on what the hell is a Dread Master? Is that some cult shit you guys are mingled in?"

Xenest narrowed his eyes. 

"I must remind you that they are physically primitive, yet they possess technology which you can only dream of. It is likely they are developing and improving their technology to counter this 'Eternal Fleet' or whatever. Perhaps if we all had been informed better of the entire situation, we could have used that inside to cut the head of the snake off before it could strike. So I'd watch my tongue around the Martians if I were you, unless you wish to be on the receiving end of Telepathic Execution." He said.

"Where were we?" Panich grumbled, turning her glare to Gogeta Jr. "Last time I checked, you little ungrateful brat, we were fighting to stop the threat as we do all the time to save your sorry hide, don't get pissy at us just because things didn't go the way you planned! You need us to stop this war, not the other way around!"

Bage frowned at the group as they snapped at each other. He noted the tension and cleared his throat before speaking.

"Gogeta Jr., you're focused on what didn't and should have happened. What we need to do is focus on what we're gonna do now to end this giant mess! We've all had a great deal happen to us, so you shouldn't be lashing out at the us for everything that went wrong."

HK-47 turned slightly towards Xenest, his mechanical voice enthusiastic.

"Commentary: Telepathic execution is an impersonal and quick way of liquidating the mind. But it does not compare to the personal, heart warming joy of watching the life dwindle from your target's eyes, master. The vocal parasites would be a much more effective tool for moral."

Gogeta Jr. scoffed in response, dropping his arms.

"I shouldn't be lashing out at you?!"

The Saiyan paused for a moment, taking a few seconds to register Xenest's, Panich's, and Bage's retorts before letting out another mocking chuckle.

"Firstly, let's get one thing clear: I didn't actually want to save you. We need your power, but your little views on life and how to save the universe are what put everyone under Arcann's boot in the first place. The way I see it, you're all to blame for the countless lives destroyed and the many more who suffer every day under his rule."

His sharp eyes glanced amongst the warriors,  turning towards Xenest first.

"And as for your threat, you can sling around as many empty words as you want. They've had twenty five years to engineer a rescue for you, but instead, we were the ones who managed to do the impossible and break into the very heart of the Eternal Empire's base of operations. We were the ones, out in the universe making a difference instead of hiding in some hidden base thinking of what to do."

He scoffed.

"While your Martian lapdogs and family have been absent from this universe for twenty five years ever since Arcann's Eternal Fleet whipped you-"

The Saiyan's eyes widened, the rising rage reaching its peak as he pointed to each member of the group.

"-all into submission. A fleet we've been defending against for years."

Gogeta Jr.'s narrowed eyes fell back on Xenest.

"So your empty threats mean nothing to me, seeing as you seem to have a lot of confidence in a civilization that abandoned both of us. Without even so much as contacting any of us."

He then turned towards Bage and Panich.

"And I'll be as pissy as I want to be about you recklessly charging into a sector of the universe you knew nothing about, and causing this entire war in the first place. Had you not been so headstrong and bent on fighting some powerful enemy, we might not even be here in this position right now! Arcann had no reason to invade until you jumped head first into the fighting, and you know it!"

======================================

Vegetto kept an awkward smile, tightly embracing Jaz in his arms.

"I never ran from you, and I never will."

His head lifted up slightly, turning towards Gogeta Jr. during his second outburst with a frown. His expression softened, his voice softer.

"Hey...look. Maybe we should just forget about it for now. Let's forget about fighting the Eternal Empire and everything else that's happened."

The Saiyan glanced down slightly.

"It's been awhile since we've seen everyone...there's no sense in fighting this whole time."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom