DBZ: The Fallen Empire (Chapter 3: The Outlanders)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Xenest narrowed his eyes, remaining silent, before turning to his wife, helping her up while shaking his head. 

"You are going to eat those words, Gogeta Jr...." He muttered.

"I wish this entire thing never happened at all..." Brachi then said as she accepted her husband's help, "I just wish I was at home with my family and friends, instead of waking up after this involuntary timeskip. If the whole mess with Revan hadn't taken place, this all NEVER would have happened."

"Why are they even arguing?" Jaz said to Junior but seemed to get annoyed that the others continued despite the situation at hand. She crossed her arms and slipped out from Junior's arms. Standing between the arguing group, she kept her guard up regardless.

"Guys, look, I know we're all on high ends but we need to relax!" Jaz stared at the trio that argued. She started with Gogeta Jr. "Look Go'Cheeta, I know you're upset about the situation but the past is the past. Regardless if we messed up or not, that was 25 years ago and you should focus on what's in front of you. Instead of screaming at us, let's try to figure out a plan to stop the current problem. Now that we're all here, there is no excuse for mistakes. You're a smart guy, I'm sure you'd figure something out." She then switched to Brachi, Bage, and Panich. "Let's not direct our anger at the guy either. The past is the past and there is a 25 year gap that we can't fix. So let's just quit fighting and focus on the problem at hand. I know you guys are upset but we can't do anything to save anyone if we're arguing. You're all strong warriors, so let's direct that power at the enemy, not an ally. Wouldn't you rather beat the shit out of the enemy who caused all these problems or Go'cheeta? Last time I check, it's not Go'cheeta's fault that we're stuck in a 25 year gap."

Jaz let out a sigh and shrugged; however, she stared intently at the group. 

"I don't think it's right that the first thing we do is argue after we've finally been reunited after 25 years. So let's just put aside our faults and differences, please? You guys are a lot better than that, I know you are! So let's just clam down, okay? Let's think of a way to fix this big problem, once that's done, then you guys can kill each other. How's that sound?" Jaz nodded and gave them all a smile. 

=================

Kire stared at his daughter's pridful words and he couldn't help but smile. He was proud that his daughter was strong enough to speak up against other people but he sometimes worried that she might say the wrong thing. He crossed his arms and nodded to everything Jaz said. 

"Well... sometimes her big mouth can be useful. Sometimes." Kire then turned to Junior, smirking and chuckling. "She's kinda a complete contrast to you, ya'know. You're right in what you said, you should speak up a bit, son." For once, he actually sounded nice to Junior. "You can learn a thing or two from her."

Xenest listened in, before his eye twitched, slightly going wide for a split second, remaining completely silent, before breaking into a slight smile. Only Brachi saw it, making her wonder what was going on.

Solaris took a step back.

Master? Jack? Anyone out there reading this?

Kira looked confused at him before returning to Gogetta Jr.

"Has to be some way to crush the Sith dogs before they can attack the Republic..." Solaris chuckeled in reply.

"And now you're the dense one."

"Fair reminder that continuing these transgressions will only hinder everything we work for. Perhaps we ought to focus on what our next plan of action is rather than what ultimately is irreversable 25 years later." Mioi made sure the group could hear her. "Given most of us were frozen in carbonite for twenty five years straight, I do not believe we can propose a... tactful plan. Anymore." Her eyelid narrowed. "If these Juniors of yours succeeded at the impossible to free us, it is not as if we are in the wrong hands. Speaking of being freed, there is no doubt would Arcann take notice immediately."

Both Basil and Paprika looked at Gogeta Jr. after Vegetto Jr.'s comment.

"He's right, Gogeta, just chill out. We haven't seen them for 25 long years," Basil sighed, "fighting about how all of this started is the least of our worries right now."

The family then turned to the others as they spoke their minds on the subject.

"I agree with Jaz and Mioi." Paprika said with a small smile. "Fighting each other isn't going to help us stop this war. Instead of nipping at each others throats, we should be coming together to figure out a way to take down Arcann and his fleet."

Panich simply huffed in reply.

"I suppose that's the least we could do." The saiyan princess retorted, refusing to make eye contact with either Junior fusion.

Vegetto Jr. nodded his head once.

"Yeah, well she was helping me with that. But then she vanished for twenty five years...and I guess I went back to my old habits..."

===============

Gogeta Jr. remained silent, his glare still strong. The Saiyan only snorted in retort, turning around to face towards Koth, who sat quietly in the cockpit.

Koth turned his head back towards the group.

"Better brace yourselves. We're going in for a rough landing: our last engine just failed during your little argument."

=========

Jaz, Mioi, Solaris and Kire's Vision (Only these four are capable of hearing/experiencing this portion. Everyone is experiencing together as a group, not individually.)

With Gogeta Jr.'s back towards the group, the lightning within the main cockpit began to dim. Everyone's form remained the same, with a new addition.

"A pity."

The bright white flame burning atop the Dread Saiyan's head cut through the darkness.

"Another time....another time. The problem with your plan is simple: you will never have time."

His eyes danced among the four, his voice slightly amused.

"Always ready to meet the next challenge and put aside your differences. Yet you do not realize that you are merely sweeping these problems under the rug."

The Dread Saiyan gestured to the now frozen Gogeta Jr., his back on visible to the others.

"Do you really think he's just going to put aside twenty five years worth of suffering and pain just because you say there's a bigger thing to worry about? You, of the very same group that he blames for all that has happened here?"

The Dread Saiyan's eyes sharpened.

"Your relations and skills at communication are lacking, especially in the fact that you now deepened his anger and frustration through your multiple agreements to overule him. His own pride and ego have not only been enflamed by your actions, but now he feels disrespected by your refusal to follow his will."

He then crossed his arms behind his back.

"You should've let them continue to bicker. Now, you've paved the way for them to develop unresolved bitter feelings and issues that will undoubtedly arise in your future conflicts. Another product of your lack of focus on the bigger picture at play here."

====================

Meanwhile, back on Zakuul

"High Mistress Vaylin...please!!"

The golden knight struggled against the invisible force latched around his throat, managing to let out a small cry as his body crumpled through the floor after the audible crunch in his neck. Vaylin's narrowed eyes turned towards the remaining two golden knights, both frozen in their stances.

"Well? Are you waiting instruction as well?!"

Both knights then immediately dashed in the opposite direction, leaving behind Vaylin as she pulled out a small round object from her satchel dangling on her left side. A blue holoimage of Arcann appeared, his clearly aged face matching his deeper, mature tone.

"The Outlanders? Did you deal with them?"

Vaylin shook her head once.

"No, they escaped with the prisoners."

Arcann's one eye immediately widened, his voice shaking.

"What?"

Vaylin raised an eyebrow.

"They escaped? Why does it matter? It was only five or six prisoners, if I remember correctly."

Arcann's eye narrowed again, his voice ominous.

"Listen to me: everything stands at risk now. I don't care how much it costs or how many people die for this: everything we've built is now in danger. I want those Outlanders found; do NOT let them escape Zakuul."

Brachi and Xenest remained silent, as if they were concentrating on something, but after about a minute or so their expressions went from apprehension to what could be seen as some form of relief; they appeared to relax, but not as visible as it would be on first sight.

Solaris sighed waving his hand in front of Kira.

"So you can pause time... That'd be useful." He said in a louder voice. "Forgive me, master, society was never my speciality. I suppose it stems from racism I've received before. What will you have me do? How shall I open my eyes?"

"You again?!" Jaz said, obviously annoyed. "Why don't you just go away and leave us alone! You're starting to get really annoying!" 

Jaz crossed her arms and stuck her tongue to the Dread Saiyan. She was grateful that he saved her life back against the fight with Vaylin but she still had bad memories with him. She turned away from Dread but listened to what he had to say. Regardless if he was right or not, she was not going to let the others fight, even if they are right.

"Go'Cheeta isn't stupid! I think he's a pretty smart guy and I doubt he'd keep a grudge like this looming over our heads!" Jaz, thanks to her anger at the Dread Saiyan, began to float off the ground. She noticed this but seemed more preoccupied with what she was saying. She floated over the Dread Saiyan with her hands on her hips, belittling him. However, it was obvious that she still didn't have full control of her power by how she struggled to stay afloat. "I'm not gonna let them fight or argue for your amusement!" Her voice lowered slightly. "We aren't sweeping anything under the rug, we're just giving ourselves a moment to take in what's happened over the last 25 years... I'm sure Go'Cheeta understands that. I respect the guy and I know it must have been hard for him to deal with the last 25 years but bickering isn't going to help him or us."

===============

Kire noticed the Dread Saiyan and remembered such a familiar face. In a way, he seemed almost glad to see him but knew he wasn't entirely on their side. He remained silent as he spoke, arms crossed and thinking about his own position in the situation. He didn't care much about the others but he didn't exactly want them to fight. 

"Regardless if he holds this against us, arguing will get us no where." His voice was swift and mellow. "The boy has been through tough times in his youth, so I see why he's so upset with us. I don't think we should fuel that pain he hides so deeply with pointless bickering."

"This is very confusing..." Mioi scratched her cheek, perplexed. "If they bicker now, nothing is done, if they bicker later, nothing is done. This is difficult to understand."

Though what annoyed her more was all this talk of a bigger picture and nothing seemingly was related to said big picture. It didn't seem like they would be getting any hints. 

"I find it ironic given the circumstances. Well then, what is it you suggest? Perhaps they won't claw each other's throats out if we allow them to meddle around. Last I saw of such bickering, nothing was resolved anyway."

Jaz, Solaris, Mioi and Kire's Vision

The Dread Saiyan's narrowed eyes turned towards Mioi first.

"I already told you what you should have done; it is too late for any future action."

He then nodded towards Gogeta Jr.

"Had you been listening to their feud, you would've heard his main complaint: your involvement in the war. He believes Arcann invaded the universe because of your assassination of me, having specifically stated Arcann had no reason until you deliberately jumped head first into a fight."

The Dread Saiyan turned back towards the others.

"But you already knew that your friends, Goku and Vegeta, had died on Earth trying to stop an invading force. You knew from Darth Marr's and Vegetto's questioning when you were first captured that Arcann was the one who sacked the planet and killed the defenders."

He nodded towards Gogeta Jr.

"One of those defenders being his own mother. As you say, he is a smart individual. And upon the delivery of that devastating counter point, he would've come to terms with what Arcann truly represents and go about the process of forgiving you, as that would've proven your innocence in his eyes."

The Dread Saiyan's glare returned, dancing amongst the group.

"Instead, you dismissed the argument because it occurred at an inopportune time. It occurred for a reason you did not understand, and because you did not see how the conflict would benefit anyone, you did everything in your power to stop it. This is not the first time you could've strengthened your ties with your allies at the arise of an argument amongst the team, but everytime two or more of your friends have disagreed over a point, you've done your best to dismiss the argument. And if you continue this line of short sighted thinking, you will discover more enemies than allies by the time you're ready to finally face my son."

"A crash landing, great..." Oriko sighed as he looked at the group. "Look, can you all just--- stop your bickering until we know for sure that we've escaped Arcann's grasp?"

"....when you put it that way, one can't argue with that." Mioi's voice was quiet. "Communication is definitely something I am bad at. I completely forgot about the invasion on Earth." Looks like that carbonite freezing definitely wasn't doing well for her memory. "..." she went silent for a while.

"Well... how was I suppose to know that?!" Jaz argued. "Besides, a memory like that isn't one that people just scream out." Jaz grumbled to herself and felt a little ashamed at herself for yelling at Gogeta earlier. She didn't believe the Dread Saiyan entirely but the way Gogeta was acting made her think that he was actually telling the truth.

===========

Kire, on the other hand, still had his doubts. He wasn't as gullible as his daughter and he didn't accept the words of others, especially gossip or assumptions. He nodded, however, showing the Dread Saiyan that he agreed with him; however, he just wanted to see things for himself rather than have the ideas spill to him. He wanted to take the maters into his own hands rather than listen to anyone else.

"Right, you got a point there." Kire said, crossing his arms. "I'll keep that in mind next time an argument sparks up. I'll just keep my nose out of that kid's business. He don't need me in his life and I don't need him in mine. Now, can you end this crafty illusion, good sir? I got stuff to build and a boy to terrorize, wrap this up."

Vision

The Dread Saiyan kept his eyes narrowed, locking onto Jaz.

"You didn't need to know the specifics, even. Mentioning Earth alone would've done it: you knew enough to not only counter his point, but enough to change his mind."

His eyes traveled to the other frozen members of the group.

"The others are easier to mold, as they merely adopt their philosophy of combat towards communication and debate. But you are different."

The Dread Saiyan ignored the remaining responses, having arms crossed behind his back.

"Do not follow Kire's advice, or end up divided between yourselves. This alliance needs the support of each individual, looking to better the other. You need each other, and if you seek to break your connections, you will assuredly fail."

=========================

The scenary returned to normal, the Dread Saiyan having disappeared into a plume of purple smoke. Koth glanced over his head, his voice tense.

"Buckle up everyone. Ship's thrusters just went completely critical, so this is going to be a rough landing."

The ship began to rock slightly under the turbulence, Vegetto and Gogeta both reaching for a support on the adjacent wall to grasp onto.

It was then that the ship itself seemed to slow down rather gently. Although the turbulence was still present, it appeared that something was slowing the ship itself down in order to make the landing less rough. The only time that the turbulence was getting a bit worse was as if something was catching the ship itself. 

"What happened?" Brachi asked, blinking as the ship seemed to approach the impending landing site somewhat slower.

"This must be possible due to us being caught in some kind of tractor beam; starships whom have those things installed can use it to help in towing other ships to safety in case they aren't able to make it to a specified destination under their own power." Xenest said. 

"But the only ships we have seen with such tractor beams are the Martian Ships!" Brachi then said.

"That is correct. It doesn't rule out the possibility of other ships being responsible for this, but it appears that whoever is making the landing softer must be a Martian Vessel." Xenest said.

"How are you so sure of that?! I don't see any Martian Ship around!" Brachi said, looking out a window, before reaching an epiphany, "do you presume they are cloaked?" 

"I'm pretty sure they are cloaked... and from the looks of it, they must have found a way to perfect the cloaking device itself!" Xenest said.

"How exactly?" Brachi asked.

"As you may be aware, the only ways to detect a cloaked starship is by means of surges in tachyons, neutrino emissions or detecting residual anti-protons, which could give away a cloaked ship's position. Now, if the cloaking techonology has been continuously investigated, researched and improved to remove those weaknesses..." Xenest began.

"... then the end result would be that a ship with such an advanced cloaking device would render it virtually impossible to find at all!" Brachi concluded.

"Exactly. And if the Martian Ship in question has made no offensive move of any kind, none of us would even know it was even there in the first place." Xenest replied.

"Sure that no one would be able to sense their connection to the Force!?" Kira asked Xenest. Solaris meanwhile shook his head looking at Gogetta before prepping himself.

"We're not out of the frying pan yet, much less the fire." He said.

"The Martians are physically primitive, and they are not the kind of Martians you're familiar with. The Martians whom are our most worthy allies hail from the same universe Brachi and I are native to and their technology is far more advanced than ours. Due to their primitive physical form, their primary form of communication goes through telepathy and use a mixture of telepathy and telekinesis to control their machinery." Xenest replied to Kira.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom