DBZ: The Fallen Empire (Chapter 3: The Outlanders)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solaris clenched his fists seeing Vaylin rebuff their attacks.

"That's never good... If I had only bothered to learn magic." He moved to circle round her.

"Bet you can't catch a speeding comet on the other side of Luna, ya piece of outdated technology!" He taunted.

Kira meanwhile watch Jaz fall off the edge and started racing towards her.

Basil and Paprika watched as their parents bolted off in their Dread Saiyan forms. Both saiyans tried quickly to close the gap and attack Vaylin from opposite sides, Bage with a fist encased in a purple ki and Panich with a forceful kick. If Mioi could grab onto her and hold her still, then their hard hits could connect.

Vaylin turned her head slightly, grunting as Mioi's teeth clamped down onto her neck. However, the spiked rows did not break into the woman's skin, her anger clear in quickly grasping onto Mioi's own neck.

"Ugh disgusting creature! Get off!"

The woman rapidly hurled Mioi towards the group, raising her right arm in preparing a small golden energy blast. However, the orb faded away once Bage's fist connected to Vaylin's ribs, the woman coughing and stumbling from the force only to topple back slightly from Panich's kick. The woman quickly recovered, roaring in a barrage of golden energy blasts firing out from her palms towards the group.

=========

Vegetto Jr.'s eyes widened, rapidly bolting after Jaz's after her crazed words.

"Jaz!! No!!"

The Saiyan rapidly followed after her, but came to a halt in mid air as she suddenly disappeared from the sky. The Saiyan hybrid glanced around, his eyes still wide.

"What the-"

==========

Jaz's Visions

The deafening roar of the wind from plummeting to the ground suddenly stopped, the hard metal ground returning in a audible thud as your body lands back onto the very platform you lept off of. The Dread Saiyan kept a small smirk, his arms still crossed behind his back.

"Your strategy lacks foresight, your death would've certainly come of it. You are trapped in a vision, but your body still lives on. Had I not intervened, you would be dead at this moment."

His eyes narrowed slightly.

"You may have the power of a god at your disposal, but you must learn to listen to the universe in motion. Feel the energy that flows around you, and use it to cleanse your mind."

Using your senses, you feel nothing to be drawn from energy wise, nor do you feel empowered. The very faint energy signature of Vaylin could be sensed by you for the very first time, but nothing more.

In response, Xenest powered up and transformed into his Phantom form, before teleporting a bit around to avoid the incoming attacks, while Brachi, on her turn transforming into her Golden Demigod form, relieved Vegetto by sending the sphere Vailyn attacked him with back at her with a forceful push, barely in time to block one of the energy attacks aimed at her, before she retaliated by firing a few blasts of her own at her.

When Jaz landed on the platform she jumped off of, she gasped and dropped to her knees. Even she knew that she made a very drastic move. She took a second to catch her breath before lifting her head, confused at Dread's words. What troubled her even more was that he saved her despite wanting to kill her a while back.

"Power of a God..?" Jaz questioned. "Universe in motion? Speak normally an--" Jaz cut herself mid sentence when she felt the slight presence of what was Vaylin. Her eyes widen and her big mouth instantly shut itself. She stared in the direction of where she felt the energy but saw nothing that the energy could be released from. Shifting back to her feet, the look on her face was almost both disbelief and astonishment. For a moment, she forgot that this is the same man who isn't exactly a good guy in her eyes. 

I can sense energy now? Jaz thought intently, staring directly at where she sensed Vaylin. How is this even possible? I thought only Junior's kind can sense and use energy. What's going on with my body? This shouldn't be possible because I'm not one of them, unless...

She turned back to the Dread Saiyan with bewilderment in her eyes.

"Is.. Is this your doing?" She seemed a little unsure about how to take this. "Why would you help me, out of all people?"

Solaris widened his eyes as he got hit by his part of the barrage, clutching his body.

"I think I'm hurt rather bad, oh Sola, yeah. Everyone seems to be moving stronger and faster then me... Perfect."

Kira knelt by Jaz. "Why would you do that!? Why?"

Bage and Panich grunted as they were pushed away by the barrage of energy balls, regaining their balance a distance from the others. Zibarica and Basil, in a haste, jumped out in front of the two saiyans, trying to knock away as many of the blasts as they could to give them time for a quick recovery.

Mioi had been rolling and sprawling on the ground in her haste to avoid the blasts now that Vaylin threw her backwards, mouth skewed in a grimace while she rubbed her neck, although she wasn't using it to speak.

"Perhaps physical attacks will work better if we remain unpredictable? I do not like our odds right now!"

Jaz's Vision

The Dread Saiyan kept a small smirk, still keeping his arms crossed behind his back.

"Don't you remember?"

He paused, blinking once. A firey red flash illuminated in his eyes, his voice changing to the same one heard on Ziost.

"I decided that life was more...interesting with you in it."

The Dread Saiyan's smirk vanished, his eyes returning to a normal shade along with his voice.

"When I am finished here...when all life in the universe has been saved...I want you to be alive. To know that I succeeded."

His smirk slowly returned, waving his right hand forward.

"Use the power I gave you. Learn to look beyond the normal realm of reality."

Jaz's vision has now ended, her vision and mind have returned back to the physical world. The Dread Saiyan fades immediately from her vision once it reverts to normal.

====================================================================

Vegetto and Gogeta both fired retaliating blasts, connecting with each of Vaylin's oncoming attacks as they slowly backed towards the edge.

Gogeta Jr. grimaced, quickly tapping on his right ear.

"Koth, where the hell are you?!"

His eyes widened, bracing himself slightly as a massive brown shuttle rocketed out from the left side of the platform, shooting past the railings. The ship rapidly came to a floating hault at the edge of the south side, the ramp rapidly lowering from the back of the hull.

::Heads down, eyes open, run like hell!::

Gogeta Jr. cupped his hands around his mouth, screaming over the roaring explosions from the colliding blasts.

"Move move move!!"

The Saiyan quickly turned on his heel, blasting forward into a dash towards the shuttle while Vegetto, Gogeta, and Beerus all slowly began to push back towards the ship, staying on the defense.

================

Vegetto Jr. quickly bolted upwards back over the platform, scanning the site for a moment. His eyes locked on Jaz, widening as he bolted forward.

"Jaz! Are you alright?"

"What do you mean?! What the hell do I have to do with anything?!" Jaz noticed the vision fade, as well as the Dread Saiyan. "Hey, w-wait!"

Look beyond the normal realm of reality..? Jaz said mentally. I.. I need to get stronger!

Once her vision returned to normal, she let out a gasp and blinked several times to confirm that everything was back to normal. With a quick rub of her eyes, Junior's voice caught her attention and before she can say anything, she almost instantly knew what she had to do. She rushed to Junior and gripped his arm, following Vegetto and the others into the ship. However, as Jaz moved, her feet did not touch the ground; for the moment, she was flying but it seemed as if she didn't even notice.

"No time to talk! Let's go Junior!"

==========

Kire rushed to his daughter but stopped almost halfway to notice her flying body. His eyes widen but he couldn't stop now. Once he saw Jaz rush inside the ship with Junior, he felt odd and the rage he kept inside of him only grew and grew. He felt his legs move faster and faster but towards Junior rather than the ship however he contained himself from outright attacking the boy. He stopped and turned back to Mioi, waving for her to follow.

"C'mon Mioi!" Kire yelled. "Hurry, our ride is here!"

Kire turned back to face his daughter and he held nothing but rage against the couple and the boy's father. He growled under his breath.

Oriko bolted with the others, albeit a little slower due to having been hit in the leg by a blast earlier.

"I'm trying to get there... C'mon..." He silently muttered to himself.

"Coming!"

Mioi scrambled to her feet and began to dash forward with the others as fast as her legs would allow her, not wanting to get stranded anywhere near Vaylin. On her way, she grabbed Oriko by the ark and continued to run, not caring if she was basically dragging him by a limb.

"Faster!"

Panich and Bage quickly turned their heads to Gogeta Jr.'s call and quickly dashed for the ship.
Paprika and Basil followed behind the Z-fighters to protect them from any ambushes.
Zibarica watched as each fighter passed him, making sure no one was left behind before following behind them in a hurry.

Vegetto Jr. blinked, stopping for a moment in observing Jaz levitating off the ground slightly. A large explosion of ki returned the man back to reality, bolting after her with the others.

===========================================

Gogeta Jr. quickly grabbed onto the railing, steadying himself on the open ramp as he guided each member of the group inside. The fusion's quickly stopped their defense, and once they along with Brachi's team defending had made it onto the ramp, the Saiyan turned his gaze towards Vaylin, still covered in the smoke.

He glanced over his shoulder, watching on as a rust colored humanoid droid descend to the edge of the ramp.

"Objection: Master please. If we plan to consistently dive into Zakuul territory on missions to secure highly valuable meatbags, I insist that I be a member of the ground troop. Think of the fun!'

Gogeta Jr. kept his eyes narrowed, sighing lightly.

"Maybe next time. Fire the parasites so we can at least have a starting second on Vaylin."

The droid simply lowered the launcher it held down from it's shoulder, a black missile rapidly shooting forward towards the smoke cloud. The ship's ramp rapidly closed forward, the group disappearing inside as the shuttle sped out towards the middle of the city.

======================================

Onboard, the group was crammed slightly into the main control room, enough open space for everyone to stand somewhat comfortably. Vegetto Jr. rubbed his forehead a bit, watching Gogeta Jr. slowly make his way up to Koth.

"Three minutes?! Do you even know how to count?"

Koth narrowed his eyes.

"Hey, it wasn't like I stopped to eat lunch on the way. The Zakuul military isn't exactly friendly this time of the year."

Vegetto raised an eyebrow, having crossed his arms.

"How did you all manage to find where they were holding us."

Gogeta Jr. glanced back towards the fusions, pausing for a moment. His eyes turned back to Koth.

"Are we safe?"

Koth nodded his head once.

"Yeah, Vaylin's gonna be a bit distracted with those vocal parasites long enough for us to slip into the swamp. We'll have plenty of time to reach it; better fill your new recruits in on what's been going on for the past 25 years."

Gogeta Jr.'s eyes immediately widened, along with Vegetto Jr.'s as the two cried out in unison.

"KOTH!!"

Solaris took off his helment and looked unconcerned.

"Twenty five years? That's only-"

"A quarter of a human life cycle." Kira replied eyes wide. Solaris blinked.

"Lily..."

"Master... Doc... Scourge..." Kira herself muttered.

"A sliver of a lifetime by my planet's solar year estimate." Mioi chimed, sounding almost exasperated. She rubbed her eyelid in exhaustion. "Care to 'fill us in,' then?" Mioi asked before turning her telepathy solely to Kire for the moment.
"The small one that calls you her father informed me that it is a Cutie. I do not know to trust it, as it mimics Lord Vegetto's form. I suspect it is a symbiotic parasite that he is familiar with." She reported to Kire almost haughtily, pointing towards Vegetto Junior. She was entirely unaware of the real reason Kire disliked the two, thinking he suspected Junior was a parasite too.

Basil and Paprika smiled awkwardly at the exchange between the three, while Zibarica simply watched the reactions of the fighters.
Bage placed his hand on his head in disbelief at Koth's words. 

"25 years..." He sighed heavily.

"Well this is... Interesting." Panich replied, finding it hard to believe that they had been gone so long.

At this point, both Brachi and Xenest's minds went blank, although Xenest recovered sooner.

"Are you kidding me?" Xenest then asked after a few seconds, "25 years have gone by?!"

A sudden *THUD* startled him and the others. When looking to his right, Xenest saw that Brachi had fainted, her expression alone being borderline catatonic. He was instantly at her side, trying to get her back up, making sure she wouldn't swallow her tongue. He was relieved that Brachi woke up about a minute later, but as he went to put his arms around her back to help her get up, he could hear her faintly whispering. Blinking at this, he leaned in closer to listen properly, finding out that Brachi was whispering names... her whisper being shaky, as if she was trembling...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom