DBZ: The Fallen Empire (Chapter 3: The Outlanders)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zibarica placed his hand against his helmet, feeling the judgment in the fusion's glance.

"Yeah yeah, I slipped up..." The namekian admitted, trying to mask his embarrassment with a slight chuckle. "Man, if looks could kill."

Panich and Bage simply listened in as the conversation continued. The princess simply took a deep breath at Koth's last statement.

"I hope so too.." she mumbled softly to herself.

"Not really..." Jaz whispered to Junior. "I sure wish I were sleeping on your bed right now. It's a lot more comfy than those stuffy pods we were in."

Jaz turned to face Junior and give him the sweetest smile she can do with her limited energy. She looked horribly weak and could collapse any second. Despite waking up from a slumber, she was more tired than ever; however, she still wanted to talk to Junior.

"I was lookin' all over for you, Junior. I thought that something bad happened to you..." She looked away from Junior to gaze at the floor. "I thought I'd never find you after we all got captured. I.. I really missed you, y'know."

===============

Kire, being right behind Jaz, listened intently to everything Jaz was saying. He seemed more focused on the fact that both his daughter and Junior shared the same bed. All his suspicion seemed to just get worse. His misunderstanding would only fuel his hate towards Junior and his father. He knew he couldn't do anything now so he just waited and gathered all the information he could between the two.

My baby sleeps on the same bed as this beast?! Kire thought frantically. What kind of broken-ass animal home has my daughter been living in?! It's no doubt a dump that this animal child and his baboon father live in! What the hell does Jaz see in these two?! Maybe... maybe they have her simple mind brainwashed?! Are they controlling my daughter somehow?! What magic has this Junior-ape done to my little girl?!

As Kire's mind rambled on, he was unaware at how hard he was breathing. His breathing was that of frustration and his eyes were directly locked on to Junior as Jaz spoke to him.

"Your respiratory system seems to have problems... do you have something in your respiratory organs causing you ailment?" Mioi thinks to Kire, oblivious to whatever was going on with him, feeling better after a moment of just walking silently. After that, she glanced down at Jaz and then upwards.

"...Did Lord Vegetto clone himself?" She asked the girl. It seemed like a silly question, but for Mioi, Junior was a clone to her since they looked so similar. It was a harmless question and she was glad to have her telepathy be on person to person basis; the alien didn't need to make another Vegetto angry.

Vegetto Jr. fidgeted slightly, his flustered mechanical voice indicating his embarrassment.

"I missed you too Jaz..but..well..."

He glanced back over his shoulder, avoiding looking at Kire but turning his head slightly towards him.

"Maybe we shouldn't talk about beds in front of your father. He might get the wrong impression, you know."

=================

Beerus raised an eyebrow, watching Gogeta Jr. lower his arm.

"Who exactly was that?"

The Saiyan turned back towards the terminal, his tone flat.

"One of our key allies, he'll be flying us out of here in a few moments after we set off a few security alarms in other sectors for good measure..."

He paused for a moment, his attention locked on the left hand camera screen. A lone figure cloaked in a black robe sauntered around the walkway in the sight of the others, the disguised Gogeta Jr. nearly stepping back.

"What?! No...it can't be. Not this soon..."

Vegetto narrowed his eyes.

"What's happening?"

=============================

A pair of golden knights walking side by side suddenly stopped on the same walkway, both soldiers turning to each other in a glance as the black robed woman approached them. The smaller one of the two cleared his throat slightly, his voice shaking.

"Uh...High Mistress Vaylin? What brings you to our facility here?"

The robed woman kept a flat expression, glancing around the hallway and specifically avoiding the soldiers.

"Oh, nothing really. I just had a small vision in the throne room earlier today...and well...my instincts guided me here."

Both soldiers remained still, watching the woman narrow her eyes heavily at the two.

"You see...I had a gut feeling that something bad was going to happen here today. Something that happens solely because our Knights weren't doing their jobs properly..."

Her eyes then traveled towards the entrance way leading into the now empty chambers that held the Z-Fighters, pointing towards it with her right hand.

"Tell me, who guards this sector of the vault?"

The taller soldier spoke up next, his voice timid.

"That..that area is only watched over by Exarch Fanir himself...restricted access. But...but no one's been inside for years, your highness."

Vaylin's eyes remained narrow, nodding towards the entrance way.

"Open it up. Now."

========================

Gogeta Jr. immediately stepped back from the terminal, lifting his wrist back up.

"Koth, we have a serious problem."

::What is it?::

"Vaylin's arrived."

::Already? Kami...guess you weren't kidding about your Outlanders...::

"We're going to have to move the pick up. If we don't get them out here quickly, there's no telling what she'll do to us."

::On it.::

The disguised Saiyan dropped his arm, turning back towards the others.

"We're not ready. Not for Vaylin."

Bage and Panich glanced at each other when they heard that name. Remembering the words they had heard from the Dread saiyan.

"Vaylin always was... My favorite." 

Panich narrowed her eyes at the thought. 
Zibarica, Basil, and Paprika got ready to move, awaiting Gogeta Jr.s instruction.

"There's a big difference between Junior and Veggie, Mioi!" Jaz smiled. "Junior doesn't have those earrings that Veggie has. Junior is also a cutie! ...Erm, no offence, Veggie."

Jaz quickly quiet down when things seemed to get serious as Gogeta Jr. spoke. She seemed a little nervous but a piece of her wanted to actually see what was happening. As the events rolled about, she slowly turned to Junior and frowned. Her eyes looked confused.

"Hey, what's going on, Junior?" She whispered. "Are we in trouble? What's a Vay...lin?"

================

Kire's breathing settled down as soon as there was a sign of trouble. He relaxed himself and pushed himself between Jaz and Junior. He glared directly at Junior behind the mask he was under. His gaze was full of rage, but at the same time, determination, similar to that of Jaz.

"Alright, quit flirting and find up a way to get us out of here before this Vaylin thing sees you." Kire leaned closer to the mask, eyeing Junior even closer. "And make it quick, looks like we might die soon. Hahah!"

Cutie... what is a Cutie?... it must be a parasitic alien! Mioi snorted and looked to the side defiantly. "I will not allow such a thing! I would sooner die than allow such a thing to infect my system. I will not engage in a symbiotic relationship with such a life form!"

Mioi knew nothing of Earth slang, so she would probably be incredibly suspicious of Junior for the time being, and understood Kire's hostility by mistaking it for the fact Junior might actually be a parasitic alien. She became alert once the group was alerted to Vaylin's presence.

"That woman was a nuisance to deal with beforehand. Should we hide ourselves somewhere before she inquires of our imprisonment?"

Vegetto Jr.'s attention locked on his counterpart, glancing down towards Jaz for a moment at her questioning before turning back towards Gogeta Jr.

"Are you sure we can even out run her this time?"

Vegetto glanced between the two with a frown, watching Gogeta Jr. angrily shake his head once.

"I don't know, alright?! It's our only option now, since she always seems to find out our plans."

He grunted.

"This time we only included the six of us on it and she was still tipped off to what we were doing!"

Beerus rubbed his chin.

"She does possess a rather unique set of abilities from what we saw in our visions. The former Emperor was quite clear that she does transcend some physical boundaries, despite not knowing it."

Vegetto Jr.'s tone grew serious, having already turned on his heel.

"In any case, we have to move now. Try to keep up and fight through the pain. You're going to need to fight if Vaylin manages to catch up to us."

The hybrid tapped onto his wrist again, the golden knight disguise instantly disappearing as he returned to his original appearance, Gogeta Jr. following suit. The two broke out into a small sprint out the door, turning down the hallway as Vegetto, Gogeta, and Beerus struggled to run after them.

Zibarica, Basil, and Paprika switched from their armor as well. They took off after the others with Panich and Bage following behind as best they could.

"W-Wait, Junior! C'mon Mioi, we gotta get out of here!" Jaz struggled to run but she tried to keep up with the others as best she could. It was obvious that she was in pain but she continued to push on. She barely managed to catch up with Junior but it wouldn't take long before she would begin to slow down. She didn't want to run but there was nothing they could do as of now.

=============

Kire took a moment to think about what the group was saying but as soon as Jaz ran off, he picked up after her. He put his anger to the side for now and kept right behind Jaz.

Could that girl have the same power as what that man was trying to show me? Kire thought to himself, keeping a steady pace behind his daughter. How odd. There could be more than just a unique ability going on... a traitor or snake of some sort, connected with one of us somehow. If only I had more evidence to prove this.

"It's useless now, all that matters is we escape." Mioi forced herself to start running, even though every muscle in her body screamed against it. 

Why must it always be the enemy who spots us?....

"If that woman does catch up to us... For once I wish Lucifer was here so he could be bait.." Oriko thought to himself as he tried his best to follow the group.

The team wanders through the narrow maze of hallways, soon emerging into the light of day for the first time.

landing_pad_854x480.jpg

((Minus the shuttle ship))

Cargo boxes line the edges of the open space, Gogeta Jr. soon stopping directly in the middle with the others. The sting of light, despite it being dimmer than an average light, hampers your vision while the Saiyan speaks.

"Koth!! We're at the secondary pickup point! What's your ETA?!"

::Uh...give me three minutes!::

Gogeta Jr. glanced over his shoulder at the shockwave erupting from the door they just arrived from, the force of the wind ruffling his clothes.

"We don't have three minutes!"

::Too bad!::

Vegetto and Gogeta's eyes both narrowed at the figure casually walking forward. The woman's illuminated orange eyes began to scan each one, soon coming to a halt as a couple of golden knights flanked her sides and ignited blue sabers.

Vegetto Jr. snarled slightly, watching the woman suddenly throw both of her arms out in opposite directions, the two golden knights screaming as they plummeted outwards in the same direction over the railings of the walkway. The Saiyan hybrid slowly moved to a defensive stance, stepping slightly in between Jaz and the woman as she approached.

Vaylin held a slightly bored and uninterested stare, sizing up the other warriors.

"I don't know who any of you are."

She broke out into a small smirk, turning her eyes back towards Vegetto Jr.

"But you...how could I forget you Junior? It's been so long...you should really visit more often."

Vegetto Jr. snarled once again.

"I'll kill you."

Gogeta Jr.'s muscles tensed at Vaylin's laughter, watching her smirk rise slightly.

"Mmm, so ferocious Junior! So strong and so passionate...you really do know how to excite a girl, don't you?"

===========

Gogeta Jr. turned slightly towards Zibarica during the exchange, his voice in a whisper.

"Zi...get the senzus. Start passing them out."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom