DBZ: The Fallen Empire (Chapter 3: The Outlanders)

Status
Not open for further replies.
"I agree with Panich on this," Brachi then said, "I admit that I have made my mistakes, but when you make mistakes, you can learn from them and you can do whatever you can in your power to correct them. If you really think I am stuck with my pride as you claim I am; I could have easily taken my husband, our friends and our Martian Allies and gone back home to our main universe and left you to clean up this mess by yourself, refusing to come to your aid even if you would come to me begging for our assistance. But we know better than that, don't we? I'm more than ready to correct my mistakes as much as you are to correct yours. You need us as much as we need you; it would be wise to keep that in mind.

Gogeta Jr.'s glare trained onto Panich immediately, remaining silent during her response. His eyes darted over to Brachi's addition, letting out a small amused chuckle shortly after.

"So the stories are true then. The real reason why you go about, leaving messes in your wake is because of your inability to put down your pride even for a single minute."

He scoffed once more.

"Let's look at what's been said here: this arrogant piece of work-"

The Saiyan gestured towards Panich.

"-implies that because she's powerful, she can't be bossed around. Do you truly believe that you would last ten seconds in this universe, with Arcann and Vaylin ready to put you in the dirt the moment you showed up in their sensors? We've been fighting this war for over twenty years; we are the ones who know how to survive against them. You, however, are simply an arrogant and foolish punch jockey, ready to get slaughtered by a force you have no idea how to even fight against."

His attention then turned towards Brachi.

"Then we have you, committing to her arrogance and nonsense, but start preaching about fixing your mistake because we both need each other."

Gogeta Jr.'s eyebrow raised in a slightly mocking manner.

"Do you just spew whatever self righteous thought that comes to your mind out into the open, hoping you can always have the perfect answer to everything? Do you not see how much you just contradicted your own little attempt to justify yourself by claiming I made mistakes? You are the only ones here that have made mistakes and caused this universe to fall in the grinder; I've been the one trying to fix it all while you've been getting your beauty sleep!"

He soon straightened up, keeping his strong glare.

"I'm starting to get the opinion that maybe I did make one mistake, though. And that it was actually caving to Junior's plan to rescue you at all; the universe would probably better off without you running around, mucking it up for people like Arcann and Vaylin to seize control over."

Vegetto glanced down slightly, his own eyes narrowed.

"Alright, that's enough of this..."

The Potara fusion held a frown, glancing among the group.

"I won't speak for the others, but I'm well aware of the damage I've caused. I did what I thought would make the universe a safer place, and it's clear it only made it easier for Arcann to seize control. Regardless of how close I came to making that perfect society, there will always be people like Arcann to take advantage of the system. That's why my Empire failed, and why it will always eventually, fail."

Gogeta blinked, watching Vegetto drop his arms.

"For the others, their mistake was rushing into a situation too quickly along with myself. Our recklessness put the universe in jeopardy, and for twenty five years, people have suffered for it. That's on us."

The fusion then turned towards Panich, nodding once to her.

"It's our responsibility to fix it, and they have a right to be upset with us for causing all of this in the first place. We owe them our lives for the rescue, and we should give them the respect they deserve."

================

Vegetto Jr. kept a frown, having turned his attention away from the argument to Jaz.

"Don't worry about me Jaz."

He broke out into a small grin.

"Dread won't be able to hurt me as long as you're watching my back, right?"

His eyes then turned up to Kire, having watched Jaz fall asleep with a smile.

"Yeah, although she's perfect the way she is..."

The Saiyan hybrid blinked rapidly, shaking his head.

"Purely beauty and not sexual at all...mind you."

Panich went for a retort before stopping to hear Vegetto's input. The princess remained silent and simply crossed her arms and glanced away from the junior.

"He's right... I feel so selfish." Bage sighed, before turning to Gogeta Junior. "I'm sorry for... All I said back in the ship. I shouldn't have tried to make excuses for what happened.. It really was dumb of me."

"You humans definitely perplex me. So much of this physical touching as an expression would make my skin itch incessantly. Hopefully I do not see any Lash-batting between any humans. I do not believe I would be able to hold in my stomach acid." Mioi remarked in Kire's direction before listening into the sudden arguments going on.

"The effects of the earlier phase of all this that I experienced are probably miniscule compared to the wake of what has been ravaging the rest of the universe the last twenty five years. I already have my answers, after so many setbacks. It is a painful truth that leaves me empty. There is nothing for me now but to do my part in finishing cleaning up the mess that has gone on long enough that I have only aided in perpetuating. If I can at least accomplish that, I could put my burden behind me."

Brachi remained silent as well, realizing that she did play her part in trying to solve a crisis without thinking, but she didn't have enough information at hand. 

Xenest crossed his arms, remaining silent on his turn, but it was clear that his dark powers were itching to vent his own frustrations out on someone... or something, he wouldn't care.

"While I admit that I have made my mistakes in this whole affair, and I won't deny I'm partially to blame for it, I say we should focus on getting rid of the true enemy and liberate this universe of his rein." He said.

"Easier said than done..." Brachi muttered.

"We have little choice if we are to make up for our mistakes. But there is ALWAYS a path to victory, no matter the circumstances. The fog of war may obscure it, but it's always there. There is no such thing as invincibility; Everything must have a weakness, and Arcann and Vaylin are no different. There has to be something we can exploit and turn the tables of this conflict." Xenest said.

Solaris glanced around the group while Kira said her part.

"Well at least the mighty Emperor admits his Empire was fundamentally flawed. But the Republic and Jedi did both rush into this within him in a futile gesture. I can be blamed for that."

"Eh, don't worry about it, Mioi." Kire laughed. "I don't think al the touching is a bad thing. Sometimes it means you really care about someone. 'Course, too much touching can lead to...interesting things. Hopefully, we'll never have to see such things any time soon." Kire turned to Junior with his eyes narrowed as usual. He seemed to be a little less tense.

"She better be perfect in your eyes! ...Just keep an eye on her, okay?" Kire grumbled. "Don't get any bright ideas, buddy. A little birdie told me you had some...special contact with my daughter. If this is true, you better watch your back, Junior. If you ever hurt my daughter... I will end you. I will destroy you." He glared directly into Junior's eyes, trying to make him as scared as possible. "I will kill you."

============

Jaz snuggled her face on Junior's face, completely oblivious to her father's threats to Junior. Her hand gripped tightly at his shirt, lamost fearing to let him go.

Gogeta Jr. kept narrowed eyes, glancing away. Vegetto's own eyes were still narrowed, having turned his attention to Xenest.

"No, that sort of single track thinking has led to all these problems in the first place. Do not deflect the importance of what is being done here."

He turned to face towards Xenest, his arms at his sides.

"Either take full responsibility for your actions or deny them. There has been enough deflection and avoidance of our real problems, it is time you either face them or let them control you."

===================

Vegetto Jr. raised an eyebrow, blinking once.

"Special contact?"

"Don't act like you don't know." Kire scoffed. "You're a young man with hormones all itching for some action! My daughter is a little girl at heart and still innocent and pure! She still didn't do anything without my consent, right? You didn't... deflower her did you? Why would she even like you anyways? You're the son of... well, the apple can't fall too far from the tree." Kire's worried emotion slowly eased up into a cocky smile. "And no worries, I'll just castrate you if you did anything stupid."

Kire bit his lip and knew he had to take it easy on Junior so he laid off the insults, at least for now. 

"I'm just not comfortable with my little girl hanging out with you or your father... My little cupcake hanging out with two fully grown men to take advantage of her? I don't know why she trusts you two so much but I guess I have to give you guys a chance. I thank you two for keeping an eye on her...but once this war is over, she's coming home with me."

"As riveting as this assertion of male dominance is, I would prefer to keep my sanity and not be forced to listen to the disturbing mating rituals of you humans. I hope I am not subject to seeing any flowers or plant life you life forms sprout." Mioi deadpanned, sounding rather grossed out at the mention of hormones. "It is hard enough to have to listen to your grating speeches about protecting your offspring in such a domineering manner. Or is the maturity period much longer for humans than it is for Marclops? In fact, I would prefer to not know about the human life cycle in such grotesque detail."

Xenest glared at Gogeta Jr.

"I never said I wasn't going to take responsibility for what I have done, nor do I have any intention to deny it. I just never expected for things to get out of hand the way it went, hence I want to do my part in finding a way to solve it." He said.

Vegetto kept his eyes narrowed.

"You've been challenged to accept responsibility for your failure. And yet your response there was another excuse, trying to explain a concept we already know."

Gogeta Jr. scoffed in response.

"Like I said, all they seem to do is make excuses and deflect responsibility. Always some 'bigger' thing, always something else to worry about when it comes time to accept that they aren't as perfect as they think they are."

===========

Vegetto Jr. remained silent during Kire's rant, but narrowed his eyes slightly at his ultimatum.

"I think you should let your daughter decide what she wants to do. I just spent the last two decades and a half trying to find her, and I'm not going to let you take her from me unless she wants to go."

"And I spent my entire life looking for my daughter." Kire spat. "You don't know what I've been through trying to find her back on Earth, let alone the vast universe. I suggest you keep your damn mouth shut or I'll..."

Kire bit his tongue at what he was about to say to the young man. He knew that Jaz cared deeply for him but he just didn't understand why. He didn't like the fact that his daughter trusted these men so much but he wasn't heartless enough to actually keep them apart from one another. Despite his threats to Junior, he had a much deeper reason why he didn't trust the boy or his father. He cared about his daughter's happiness and decided to heed Mioi's words and actually leave Junior alone. However, he still made his warnings.

"My mind is still set on taking her back home with me." He said. His voice dipped to a whisper, almost just to himself. "You've no idea how much she means to me..."

Kire turned his back to Junior and glance at Mioi. He seemed almost embarrassed that she had to tell him to back off. He felt so overprotective of Jaz but he couldn't help it.

"Well.. let's just say that when you truly care about someone, you are willing to go through hell and back to make sure nothing happens to them." Kire sighed. "Sorry about that, Mioi... I just haven't seen Jaz in such a long time. But anyways, I promise to start working on your suit as soon as we arrive to the place. Any special requests~? Favorite color, design, extras~?"

============

Jaz was deep into her sleep, gripping on Junior's shirt. She pressed her face against his chest and seemed to mumble in her sleep, most of which was just gibberish.

"Junior..." She muffled. "Love... Junior."

Vegetto Jr.'s eyes remained narrowed in response, ignoring Jaz's mumbling.

"I don't care where your mind is set. If you truly care about her, then you will let her make the decision."

His stern stare remained strong.

"She's the one who wants the best for both of us, not you."

=================

Vegetto frowned in response, dropping his arms.

"I guess the Junior was right then. You really can't accept responsibility."

HK-47 casually strolled forward, blaster rifle in hand.

"Interjection: My sensors have located the technical construct, masters. Your feeble bickering has proven most amusing, but I regret that I have to focus our attention on the covered ship over-"

The droid turned to his right, pointing towards the clearing the group had slowly moved towards.

"-there."

Koth moved forward first, wildly searching around. The wilderness of the swamp had cleared only slightly into an ope forum, his eyes locking on the massive metal hull hidden beneath the moss coverings.

7o348k6.jpg

hWwqsNQ.jpg

Fali%2Band%2Bfriends%2Bdiscover%2Bthe%2BGravestone.jpg

HK-47 continued to move forwards towards a small alcove opening on the side of the ship.

"Analysis: Scans indicate that this vessel has been here for centuries, masters."

Koth narrowed his eyes, walking forward into the alcove and leaving the others behind. Gogeta rubbed the back of his head, frowning.

"Centuries? Well if it's a ship, there's no way it will fly now."

"That is all fine and whatnot to me, but ultimately, it is out of your hands. Offspring are not going to be under the care of a parent unit forever. Though I do not have a clear grasp on the age that humans grow to maturity." Mioi picked at her ear nonchalantly. "As for your suit, I suppose I would appreciate a boost to my speed and power. I am not a hard hitter, but I believe my laser makes up for it. Hm... a visor would be good for me. This eye is quite vulnerable."

Once they approached the hull, she looked at how it towered over them all. "If this has remained here for so long, that would explain the lack of energy emission. Would it be of use to scavenge theough it for anything useful?"

"From first impressions, I doubt this thing will fly." Kira examining it. Solaris folded his arms.

"Has to be a reason for it to be untouched for centuries and abandoned, yet not scrapped." He said.

Both Brachi and Xenest sighed, clearly finding that neither Vegetto nor Gogeta Jr. seemed to understand their point of view in the matter. Clearly they did not understand that the couple does feel responsible for what has happened, but how can they be blamed for all this? Wasn't the battle with Revan the cataclysm for it all? What if they have been manipulated into letting things develop the way they have developed so far? What if there was someone behind the scenes, pulling the strings into the current situation of arguments and the involuntary timeskips that they had experienced? These were questions currently raging through their minds as they observed the vessel which HK-47 pointed them to.

Brachi crossed her arms. 

"It should depend on the technology though. I gladly believe you when you say it won't fly due to the time it spent here, if the technology is either too outdated, its power source drained or damaged beyond repair, or there could be something else behind it. I sincerely doubt someone would drop their vessel here and forget about it; if its crew had been captured or killed, why haven't their fellows come around to collect the vessel?" She asked.

"Reminds me of the Metar Colony Core which the Martians located on the planet Jeddart years ago." Xenest said.

"Try being a little optimistic, Junior! Im sure with a little- eh... A LOT of tweaking, we could get this baby up and running again." Zibarica smiled as he soon joined Koth up in front to check out the ancient ship.

"A ship that's been hidden in a swamp for centuries..." Bage said to himself smiling up at the large ship. 

"I wonder what stories it has to tell." Basil smiled, watching his father's curiosity start to spark.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom