DBZ: The Fallen Empire (Chapter 3: The Outlanders)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kire looked as if he was about to snap at Junior but he caught himself before he could. He balled his fist tightly and he couldn't believe that Junior actually had some truth in his words. His stomach turned into a knot and he realized what he was saying. It only reminded him of Vegetto's words and he couldn't help but bite his lip. His yes glared at Junior but the more he understood what Junior meant, the more his heart sank. He took in a deep breath and let out a sigh of defeat, however, he refused to show his faults.

"Stupid boy... what do you know?" Kire whispered to himself. "I know her more than you, I made her..."

Kire dropped his shoulders, the words still bothering him to no end. He switched his attention to Mioi and scratched the back of his head. He felt ashamed that even an alien had to even tell him his place. He didn't say anything to the cyclops and quickly turned his body away from both Junior and Mioi. It was obvious that he struggled with Junior's words about what his daughter wants. He then turned to the ship before them and he seemed to take a big interest in it. His eyes scanned the ship and he felt confident in his ability to fix it.

"Well, I think this ship can still fly." Kire said boldly. "It may be old but it can still be fixed. It'll take a bit of time and I'm sure a bit of help will be much appreciated." He turned to Mioi. "But before anything, I'll have to work on those suits, as promised. I'll help you guys out in fixing this ship but I wonder just how it got here... I wonder what this ship is capable of."

Vegetto Jr. merely grunted in response, shifting Jaz slightly in his forearms with a heavy frown. Koth however, chimed in loudly as he rapidly sprinted up from the ship entrance.

"You have no idea!"

Gogeta Jr. raised an eyebrow, watching Koth eccentrically gesture towards the ship.

"This...is the Gravestone!"

Vegetto and Gogeta both raised eyebrows, watching Koth grin from cheek to cheek.

"This was the only ship that ever went up against the Eternal Fleet and won! Do you have any idea how long people have been looking for this thing?!"

"I'd... Like to know how far battleship tech got while I was out." Kira said in a bit of awe looking at the ship.

"So what do we do? Use this thing to blow Arcann into bits?" Solaris asked.

Kire pondered at the thought but shook his head, unable to think of an answer. He didn't seem to wait for the others and casually walked to the ship, attempting to enter it and begin setting up his lab and start his projects.

"Well, how did it get here?" Kire questioned. "Or rather, who put it here? Why should a ship as famous as this be covered in moss? I wonder what happened to the crew..."

==========

Jaz mumbled slightly in her sleep but opened one eye to see what was going on. She stared at the ship before her and didn't seem too interested. She looked up at Junior and smiled, careful not to fidget around in his arms. She was still tired but she looked as if she wanted to play with Junior; after being apart for so long, it was almost natural for her. She poked his cheek and stuck her tongue out at him.

"You're really comfy to sleep on, ya'know." Jaz giggled. "We got a lot to talk about, Junior. I wanna know what you've been doing these last couple of years!"

"Well, that does not explain how it ended up here of all places..." Mioi walked around the front of the ship and peered up at it, which was hard given her depth perception. "Would it still be operable if it has not been used in so long?"

She dragged her hand across the side of it while she examined it; such technology was never something she would see even on her home planet that had its own sophistications. "How would we even repair it to be useable? Though it makes for a new base of opperations for now..."

Koth glanced around towards the others, his tone still eccentric.

"Guys, none of that matters! We can fix this baby up no problem...we can really do this! We can really win this war and beat Arcann! It's destiny!" 

Beerus narrowed his eyes into slits, grasping onto his forearms behind his back and peered up at the ship. Gogeta Jr. rolled his eyes slightly, glancing towards Zibarica for a moment before turning back to Koth.

"Really Koth? The Gravestone? From that old tale you always tell when it was your turn to put the kids to sleep back at the bunker?"

Koth nodded with a small grin.

"Yup! The very same one! You can't deny it now Junior...it's fate!"

Gogeta Jr. narrowed his eyes, turning slightly towards the ship.

"Fate...right. Let's play along and say this really is the famous ship you're talking about..."

He gestured towards the swamp.

"Doesn't it seem a little convenient that after all this time, we just happened to stumble upon it? Just when we needed a way past the fleet blocking Zakuul?"

Koth kept a small grin.

"What? You don't like the fact that for the first time in the past twenty years, the solution isn't apart of your master plan?"

Gogeta Jr. scoffed slightly in response, staring back at the ship.

"We survived all these years because of my plans, Koth. You got Zi and Junior over there to confirm it."

Koth kept his grin.

"I get it now. You're just upset because for the first time, you didn't have a way out for us. So fate had to step in and help us finish the job."

Gogeta Jr. shook his head once.

"I was still working on a plan, and it could've worked. But you know as well as I do that with someone like Vaylin always on your heels...this..."

His narrowed eyes sharpened slightly.

"This just doesn't feel right. It's too easy."

HK-47 moved forward, following after Kire.

"Analysis: Scans suggest that the major blast doors lead into the passageway of the ship master. Shall I blast them open now, master?"

======================

Vegetto Jr. shook a little, caught off guard by Jaz's sudden poke in his cheek. He glanced down, smiling once she stuck her tongue out at him.

"Hey yeah...we can talk in a minute."

His head lifted slightly, narrowing his eyes for a second towards Kire, before turning back towards Jaz.

"There's something I need to talk to you about too."

=======================

The Eternal Throne

A blue holo image, depicting the overview of the entire swamp below hung before Arcann as he sat on the throne, his one eye narrowed.

"The Endless Swamp."

Vaylin watched Arcann turn slightly towards his left, pushing onto a button.

"I want Skytrooper battalions covering the perimeter of that swamp. Start tourching the trees, draw them out from their hiding place."

Vaylin nodded back towards the screen.

"The troopers should focus on moving towards the southwest."

She pointed to an empty section of the holomap.

"There was a tractor beam here, guiding the ship landing towards that direction."

Arcann blinked once, turning towards Vaylin.

"A tractor beam? There aren't any ships within planetary range, let alone close enough to emit a tractor beam without us noticing."

Vaylin nodded once.

"The ship was cloaked, using technology we haven't seen on the battlefield yet. But with the right intuition..."

The woman slowly waved her hand across the map, revealing a singular blue image as the Martian ship rendered onto the map. Arcann's eye narrowed slightly, studying the new addition.

"I recognize that architecture. Martians..."

He slumped back slightly into his seat, glancing down.

"After two decades...they finally show themselves..."

His attention then landed back on Vaylin.

"Can you sense where they landed?"

Vaylin frowned in response.

"No...I could only sense the beam. This normally should've worked but...I don't know. Something...something's blocking me."

Arcann shook his head.

"It makes little difference. We know they're in the swamp; it's only a matter of time until we find them."

"If this thing can take on the Eternal Fleet, there's no reason we shouldn't use it to destroy the Eternal Empire." Kira said.

"What if this is all a trap, a trick set up by our enemies?" Solaris asked.

"I'd say it's worth it to spring the trap incase it isn't a trap." Kira replied.

Xenest's eye twitched a little, which only Brachi noticed, indicating he must be telepathically conferring with the Martians operating their main ship. Using her bond to telepathically link with him, she asked him what he was about. While Xenest's irises turned to her to look at her, he remained silent. However, Brachi did not frown or tilt her head; instead she gave a quick nod as if understanding the message; clearly he was telepathically speaking to her using the Martian language, something only she and Xenest could understand due to the Martians hailing from their timeline after all. 

There was no sound or any movement visible from the air, which showed the sheer perfection of the cloaking technology; being invisible to the naked eye and undetectable by any form of radar equipment or sensor array from direct sight as well as the elimination of detection of anti-proton residue and surges in tachyons or neutrino emissions truly made the vessel practically impossible to find, allowing it to stalk enemy vessels like predators. Coupled with the latest state-of-the-art technology to fire weapons while cloaked made it ideal to launch an ambush or counter-ambush attack as, unknown to the others of both friend and foe, the Martians were making their moves...

Kire shook his head to HK-47 and scratched his chin.

"Nah, if this ship is as powerful as Koth makes it out to be, I doubt you could blast them open." He chuckled. "But I promise you'll get to shoot someone when I assign you a little...training buddy. Until then, just blast the hand of anyone who touches my daughter."

Kire then directed his attention to Koth.

"You sure know a lot about this bad boy." Kire leaned against the side of the ship and tapped at its metal with his robot hand. "Know of a way inside?"

==========

Jaz tilted her head at Junior, curious of what he wanted to talk about. He followed his eyes to her father then gazed back up at him.

"Uhh, yeah. Something bugging you? You look a bit...troubled."

"Hurry up and blast that sucker open!" Zibarica said with a big smile on his face before responding to Gogeta Junior. "Look Junior, we know you're the man with the plan, but its okay if you don't have one. It seems too good to be true, but we gotta take what we can get. Just take it easy for a bit."

Vegetto Jr. nodded towards the ship, breaking out into a small smile.

"A little bit, let's find somewhere private first alright?"

=============

Koth moved up towards the sealed blast doors, studying the metal for a moment next to Kire as the others joined him.

"Not sure exactly."

Vegetto kept his eyes narrowed, stepping up towards the metal doors. He grunted, suddenly digging his gloved fingers into the metal of the doors and slowly pulling them apart, dust collapsing onto his spikey hair. The corridor was dark, but still slightly illuminated. The Potara fusion glanced down the hallway, letting Koth take the lead as the group descended down into the darkness.

b78d566c60a3403db2b454bf6a0da62e.jpg

"So this ship...it's been here for thousands of years?"

Koth nodded once, glancing around the dark hallway.

"Right...it's amazing that it's in the condition that it's in, all things considering."

The group soon emerged into an opening, resembling a rest area with tables and chairs.

5b14800f30a3849b230aec4d6ee8a33d.jpg

"Judging by the damage I'm seeing here, the stories are true: whoever built the Gravestone scuttled the ship themselves after the Eternal Fleet was defeated. It wasn't shot down or attacked..."

Gogeta Jr. kept his eyes narrowed, crossing his arms.

"The fleet was defeated...but not destroyed. Valkorian brought it back under his control more than a century ago."

Koth nodded once, moving past the area down an adjacent hallway.

"Exactly: the Eternal Fleet is completely automated. No one knows who first built it, and every theory is crazier than the last. But no matter where it came from, the Eternal Fleet is practically unstoppable."

The group soon emerged into the cockpit of the massive ship, Vegetto raising an eyebrow once they had arrived.

fb0bdf7c9deb23908d6dbb2e293ad93a.jpg

"Those ships...when we fought them, they were utilizing Dread Energy to fire their weapons beyond a level we had seen before. How is that possible?"

Gogeta Jr. shook his head once.

"We don't know. Koth's stories and legends only spoke of the Fleet's ability to overwhelm opponents through sheer quantity, replacing lost ships in seconds as a means to win conflicts and earn its name. Now, those ships possess the power our strongest fighters wield."

Beerus kept a flat tone.

"Meaning this ship is most likely a waste of time."

Koth kept a frown in response, waving the comment off with his hand.

"We can talk about that later. Anyway, it's going to take sometime rebuilding this ship and we still owe you years of explanation of what's been happening ever since you were frozen in carbonite."

Xenest nodded.

"We could help in rebuilding it, you know; the Martians will also provide assistance if necessary; perhaps they can outfit or retrofit the ship with their technology to give the enemy a nasty surprise, provided the technology is compatible of course." He offered.

Brachi remained silent, waiting to hear the explanation of what has happened. Being imprisoned in carbonite didn't do her body any good, which was audible as she stretched out, feeling numerous joints popping as a result.

"Regardless I'd love to see Arcann's face after being hit with the weaponry on this ship." Kira said more energetic.

"I need to contact the Meeting and get some solar radation..." Solaris muttered to himself.

"Alrighty then." Jaz nodded to Junior. "Just trail back the way we came from, I think I saw some rooms or something." Jaz looked up at the saiyan and looked concerned. She poked at his cheek again, childishly, and her voice was a whisper. "Is everything okay?"

==============

Kire's eyes lit up when he entered the ship and he knew he could make some work with it. He chuckled under his breath at the vast technology he can use at his disposal. Once he arrived at the cockpit, he glanced at the control panel with a raised eyebrow. He didn't seem at all interested in driving the ship so he decided to leave it to Koth. He crossed his arms and wasn't interested in listening over what happened the last 25 years so he trailed off and retraced his steps, attempting to find a place where he can set up his work space.

"I call dibs on the biggest room." Kire said calmly. He then made a cocky smile. "I'mma need it for my projects."

Oriko sat down in a chair, looking at Koth before shifting his attention to the two Juniors.

"Alright... Now that we have some breathing space, time and now that everyone has calmed down somewhat, I can finally get around to my question that's been bugging me... I've been hearing all about what's gone down in this universe, but what's happened in other universes with Arcann's empire? I come from a different universe, in case you didn't know..."

As if we have time to do anything. Mioi thought cynically. She didn't say a word, walking along the walls inside the ship and observing all the tech she couldn't begin to understand what it all did. 

Eventually she resolved to leaning back against the wall and watching the group converse, not having anything else to do or say.

Vegetto Jr. nodded once at Jaz, but ignored her last question as he left the group behind. He turned into the nearby hallway, walking a few feet before arriving in a large open space. Few crates and rubble cluttered the ground to the south, enough to use as a sitting surface. Vegetto Jr. slowly sat Jaz upright on one of the boxes, glancing over his shoulder.

"Hey, so your dad was telling me some things while you were asleep. I don't think he likes me even a little bit."

=====================

Gogeta Jr. turned his eyes slightly towards Oriko.

"We don't know for sure. But seeing as how Arcann has never left Zakuul and the Fleet's presence has been confined to a handful of sectors in this universe, I'd say it's probable that he hasn't made the jump into other universes yet."

His eyes then narrowed sharply, glancing between Solaris and Xenest.

"And how many times do I have to tell you people? No contacting anyone! No Martians, no Meetings, no one!"

Gogeta Jr. grunted heavily in frustration.

"Kami, it's like babysitting children with this group. It's a miracle your Martian friends haven't already led Vaylin to this ship, let alone gotten themselves killed."

Beerus' eyes narrowed, his arms behind his back.

"You put a lot of confidence in this Vaylin enough to annoy me. What makes you think she is so capable?"

Gogeta Jr.'s sharp glared turned towards Beerus.

"Have you not been listening? She can sense and track us through anything; if there's even a possible connection to us to follow, she will find it."

Beerus kept his stern glare.

"I suggest you avoid taking that tone with the god of destruction, young one. I was listening, but your problem still remains. Everything we have done thus far can be tracked and traced; she will eventually find us."

The god clasped his arms behind his back.

"Which means we should consider the options carefully. If we contact the outside allies, they must be able to provide support in a manner that is beneficial."

Beerus glanced towards Brachi and Xenest first, his expression blank.

"I've seen enough of your Martian's capabilities with repairs, but frankly, they would not be able to provide enough assistance to us in the given time window. This ship is currently in no position to fight this new Eternal Fleet, so our efforts must be focused on merely getting it to fly. Something we could do to avoid giving Vaylin another means to track us, given we have mechanical expertise."

The god then turned towards the others.

"How many among us are capable of repairing a ship?"

Brachi spoke up.

"I can provide assistance with repairs where needed." She said, having confidence in herself due to her also being the CEO of Capsule Corp. and by extension having the knowledge of tinkering with machinery and the like, "perhaps if we can find something like blueprints or whatever, or at least something that allows us to see a schematic overview of this vessel, so we can see what's what and where's where and/or perhaps get a basic understanding of this ship's systems and everything and ensure we can get it operational."

"My eyesight could grant me the ability to assess what parts are damaged." Mioi offers. "I have never made any technology, but I know enough to determine what would need replacements. It could save us some time that we cannot waste."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom