DBZ: The Fallen Empire (Chapter 1: The Hunt)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mioi only looked on in silence, moving mainly because now she knew it was imperative she got as much rest as possible. 

While he's examined, I should just get to sleeping. She wasn't particularly interested in helping out and seemed adamant on resting. Once they reached the cots, she put the saber down and laid back on her cot to stretch her arms for sleep.

[video=youtube]

CHAPTER 1: THE HUNT

Darth Marr's tone was dark, the despair nearly drowning his voice.

"We were all subject to his rule at one point in the Empire...his energy signature is unmistakable. Those who felt it on Ziost could feel the depravity...the emptiness. A virus on this existence that hungers to consume all life...one that we will need to overcome."

Gogeta kept a frown, standing with his arms at his side.

"But how? How can we destroy him if he is still incorporeal?"

Darth Marr sighed lightly in response.

"If he has taken on a physical form, we will destroy it. That will at least weaken him, barring the unexpected or the miraculous."

Whis' voice rung out next, the two deities having arrived to join the group on the bridge.

"And if he hasn't?"

Darth Marr paused at the questioning from Whis, staring at the taller figure for a moment before continuing.

"If he remains incorporeal, then we'll at least know where to strike. Even if we don't know how..."

Gogeta turned his gaze down, but glanced up at the sudden rash tone coming from the Sith.

"Why travel so far?! Why consume every living thing on Ziost, then turn and flee into the depths of Wild Space?!"

The fusion watched on, Marr gesturing wildly to the departing Kire, Vegetto, and Jaz with an outstretched arm.

"Why play to the Emperor's pride and ego, when he can just as easily twist and manipulate us all?!"

He pulled his arm back, but his frustration only rose.

"He manipulated and developed Vegetto's anger even higher, but also restricted and controlled it?! For all this nonsense about fighting him in our minds, Vitiate has shown he is capable of rendering our minds broken from psychological torment but has chosen not to..." 

The Sith raised both arms up in a questioning pose.

"What purpose does this all serve?!"

=======================================

Vegetto remained mostly unresponsive to Kire's actions, cringing heavily and having reverted slowly back to his normal form. His expression seemed distant, his eyes wandering slightly after the immediate pain had worn off, and rolled onto the bed at Kire's and Jaz's guidance.

The fusion remained still, and despite the questions, said nothing in response.

"Maybe it has to do with personality," Future Brachi said, "or it must be something in particular which may have gotten his interest or what he can exploit to his own ends."

"Sounds like a certain bastard we know..." Future Xenest said, his arms crossed, just as Present Brachi beamed to where the group was, using the Martians' Transporter Pad to arrive at the group's current location.

Kire hummed to himself as he pulled the first aid kit from earlier out from under the bed. His humming was upbeat and rather peaceful despite the situation at hand. He pulled out a rag and seemed to put a green liquid which smelled of mint and alcohol. Jaz seemed to place random band-aids on Vegetto's arms and face, trying to help her father out. Kire aired the rag slightly before gently folding it atop Vegetto's forehead. Whatever the liquid was seemed to change temperatures after a short while. First it was freezing cold, then suddenly hot, then cold again. It was a rather soothing sensation that not only surged around Vegetto's head but his entire body, making him feel as if he was floating on a cloud.

"There, he should be fine in a lil' bit." Kire sat down on a nearby chair, next to Vegetto to keep a close eye on him. "Man oh man, what a day today."

"You think he's gonna be okay, daddy?" Jaz questioned, putting the last band-aid on Vegetto's cheek. "He sure looked hurt..."

"He'll recover in no time at all~! I used my own blend of healin' remedies that I picked up from some planets." Kire chuckled. "Say, did you apologize to Beerus? You know I'mma ask him when he gets here." Kire eyed his daughter, crossing his arms.

"Yes daddy..." She pouted, obviously not used to apologizing. "Hey! My friend Mioi wants to know about donuts and humans, do you think you can explain to her? She's super cool and she can see in the dark!"

"Sure, but keep your voice down, Lord Vegetto must have a blisterin' headache."

Darth Marr kept his attention towards the window, the ship now steadily moving forward in leading the combined fleets of the Empire, Republic, and Martian. He soon crossed his arms, grunting.

"But what could he exploit? He already wields your godly energy, and we would undoubtedly be a thorn in his side for his plans. Why doesn't he just attack our minds and be done with it?"

Beerus smirked slightly.

"That's not fear I hear in your voice, is it?"

Darth Marr grunted once more.

"If you were truly as perceptive as a god should be, then you'd know my motivation isn't fear."

Beerus nodded once.

"Fair enough. Yet I haven't experienced any mental attacks since his inception; perhaps he is not as strong as he lets on?"

Gogeta rubbed his chin.

"I don't know, he didn't sound very afraid when he revived on Yavin. Could this all be a game to him?"

Darth Marr turned back towards the group.

"We'll soon find out. In any case, if we locate him, I believe I can press the Dark Council into line."

His masked face turned towards Lily, his disappointment clear in his tone.

"But I'm beginning to doubt the Republic will make any serious contributions here. Our own Council is the worst at recognizing threats that aren't immediate to their needs, but the Republic Senate can hardly say they can put aside their hatred in the face of such a threat. The politicians are able to spin deceptive lies greater than Sith at times."

The Sith's tone became increasingly more questioning.

"The docking codes we picked up from your charts were expired by fourteen years. This task force led by your team is clearly an unsanctioned band of fighters that won't be remembered in their archives. Beneficial, but limited."

He crossed his arms behind his back, his head turning between the three envoys.

"Can you speak for your government? If we are to fail here, will they stand against him when the time comes?"

============================

Vegetto continued to remain silent, falling into a deep slumber in the midst of Kire and Jaz's "operation". His energy signature had remained steady despite the experience, the fusion's body relaxing heavily on the cot.

Kira tried to stumble towards Darth Marr, but Solaris held her up.

"Easy now, no need to force Lily to start work early." He said. Lily looked at Marr most unflattered.

"I don't belong to your Republic, or the Sith. I cannot nor will not speak for either, I'm just a volunteer medic from Earth, a planet that was attacked, sent her to assist Solaris and others who are strong and heroic here on order of an interested third party. If you have wounded, I will heal them, but I cannot defend myself against, beings of your caliber, and nor will I agree to become affiliated with one side permanently." Lily retorted.

"You, don't know the things, I've done!..." Kira said weakly. Solaris walked away from her towards Future Brachi.

"What have I missed since our parting years back?" He asked quietly.

Mioi reclined and just observed Jaz & Kire work on Vegetto, keeping an ear to the other conversation. Her concern for Vitiate grew. It seemed like an impossible task to deal with, but she wassure there was a way to formulate a plan. Mioi spoke up once Jaz mentioned her once more.

"Indeed, I am curious about humans. Were you there when those invaders attacked Earth?"

Future Brachi turned to Solaris.

"Aside from us being kidnapped and having fought a powerful Demon Lord and somehow having skipped two years of our lives, you haven't missed much..." Future Brachi said.

"No, I wasn't on Earth at the time." Kire replied to Mioi, turning his full attention on her. "I don't think I can go back anyways, kinda lost. As for humans... well." Kire glanced at Jaz, who was resting gently on top of Vegetto's chest, almost napping, waiting for him to wake up. "Humans are kinda weird, to say the least. We can't fly, we can't see in the dark, and we can't use skills like you use to communicate with us. We're truly worthless if anything! Haha! But... we're capable of many things despite being so weak. I made Jaz with just a single drop of my blood because I can't have kids naturally~. This was waaaaaay back when I was created." Kire knocked on his head, it making a metallic clang noise. "I'm just a creation too! The real Kire died a loooooong time ago!" 

Kire took a moment to laugh but leaned back on the chair and crossed one leg over the other. He crossed his arms over his chest and nodded his head.

"Anyways, enough about me, Jaz told me that you can see in the dark because you live underground." Kire said while checking Vegetto every once in a while. "Are there any more of you where you came from? Are you guys strictly ground-dwellers?"

Jaz stared intently at Vegetto and listened to his heart beat. She was obviously worried for him and eventually, slowly close her eyes, awaiting for Vegetto to wake up, fully recovered. She whispered to herself.

"Veggie... you're stronger than this, wake up you...spiky haired dum-dum..."

Darth Marr stood still, sighing heavily. Gogeta then crossed his arms, frowning slightly.

"Let's not worry about them. We've started this whole thing on Yavin, and we'll finish it where ever we find him."

The Sith then turned towards the fusion, nodding his head once.

"Agreed."

The Sith's masked turned to his right, staring back at the officer now standing out of his seat in front of his console.

"My lord, we've got sensor contact. 15 clicks...no life form readings...some kind of probe?"

The man reached down towards his console, lightly tapping on a single red button as a blue holoimage of a sphere looking object with tail fins all along its rear floated in front of the two. Darth Marr turned his gaze towards the open windows, just in time for a large object illuminated by a blue glow to whiz by the window. The object snaked down to the center of the flagship, rapidly spiraling upwards towards the front.

Another officer turned her head up, her eyes narrowed at the sight.

"Readings are identical to the unknown force that attacked Earth."

Darth Marr uncrossed his arms, raising his voice heavily.

"Raise shields! Pursue and destroy!"

=====================================

Vegetto continued to lay dormant, his chest steadily rising and falling. His eyelids twitched a bit, but no other movement originated from his body.

Solaris glanced towards Gogetta and Darth Marr before returning to Future Brachi.

"We'll have to play catch up another time it seems." He said. He motioned for Lily, who came over to him and pulled out a strange hose like device, which was purple.

"Quick fix working?" He asked. She nodded, turning it on and firing it at Solaris, a translucent beam of red energy flowing into him.

"Good." He replied. Kira walked over to the group.

"Look, you need to get whatever's bugging you out of the-" Lily began to say before she sighed and interrupted.

"I know. I know. Put aside my hatred for the Sith, for the moment, to focus on the bigger threat. And I intend to do just that." Kira said.

~ Z ~ said:
"No, I wasn't on Earth at the time." Kire replied to Mioi, turning his full attention on her. "I don't think I can go back anyways, kinda lost. As for humans... well." Kire glanced at Jaz, who was resting gently on top of Vegetto's chest, almost napping, waiting for him to wake up. "Humans are kinda weird, to say the least. We can't fly, we can't see in the dark, and we can't use skills like you use to communicate with us. We're truly worthless if anything! Haha! But... we're capable of many things despite being so weak. I made Jaz with just a single drop of my blood because I can't have kids naturally~. This was waaaaaay back when I was created." Kire knocked on his head, it making a metallic clang noise. "I'm just a creation too! The real Kire died a loooooong time ago!" 

Kire took a moment to laugh but leaned back on the chair and crossed one leg over the other. He crossed his arms over his chest and nodded his head.

"Anyways, enough about me, Jaz told me that you can see in the dark because you live underground." Kire said while checking Vegetto every once in a while. "Are there any more of you where you came from? Are you guys strictly ground-dwellers?"

Jaz stared intently at Vegetto and listened to his heart beat. She was obviously worried for him and eventually, slowly close her eyes, awaiting for Vegetto to wake up, fully recovered. She whispered to herself.

"Veggie... you're stronger than this, wake up you...spiky haired dum-dum..."

"Fascinating. So he lives on as you. Or is it vice-versa?... I suppose a child of just a droplet of blood is quite the feat. Never have thought such a thing could be possible." Mioi said. 

"For my race, we prefer living below the surface of planets like Mars. The humidity keeps our eyes from drying as well. But, I suppose my species has been greatly reduced in number from all of this. My cousin shares my race, but her species is a bit more advanced than mine. A lot less solitary and more inclined to live above ground." She explained. "Though, she has visible teeth and a mouth to speak with. For me to speak with my mouth or eat, I would be forced to show you. That species can freely do so, but they have a much weaker range of telepathy than those like me. For them, your brainwaves are incompatible and can't be picked up." Despite her fatigue, she looked around to see if food was available at the moment. "Is there food anywhere on this ship?..."

"Well, that's something new to hear." Kire nodded to himself before digging into his bag, pulling out a small granola bar and a juice box. He handed it to Mioi. "You're really interesting, Mioi. I assume your brain wave powers can only communicate with people near by, huh?" Kire tapped at Vegetto's cheek, giving him a gentle slap. "I think you'd be a perfect subject to test some suits I'm making. I can make another one that totally benefits your abilities and even more."

Kire pondered on the thought before glaring directly at Mioi. His eyes seem to scan her, measuring her, and ultimately telling Kire very basic information about her. He already knew her height and had a good guess on her proportions. He did wonder about her large eye but thought that it might be a major hassle if something were to happen to it.

"Alright, I got all your basic data down." Kire said with a large smile. "I think I can make a suit just for your needs and protect that huge eye of yours. Who knows, maybe you'll be of great use. Yeah, I'm sure you'll be of great use to this whole ordeal. I'm almost finished with Jaz's suit so I'll work on yours right away! You'll be capable of so much more but I must ask you, Mioi..." Kire rose to his feet and stood in front of Mioi, holding his robotic hand out.

"I must know if you truly wish to participate or associate yourself with me and my inventions. I'll make things to protect you and enhance your abilities, but I cannot promise your safety. You will be in danger if you hang out with me but I will try my best to keep you and anyone around you safe. It's a lot dangerous than you think and I completely understand if you don't wish to help me... but the decision remain yours, Mioi."

Kire kept his hand out, awaiting Mioi's decision.

Gogeta narrowed his eyes.

"What's a probe doing all the way out here? Some kind of survey?"

Darth Marr glance down towards a bare holomap now floating in front of him, depicting the ships of the fleet in pursuit of the small object.

"We can find out from the wreckage."

===================================

The small metal object continued to fly forward, rapidly outclassing Marr's flagship in speed before spiraling upwards.

[video=youtube]

=========================

Gogeta's eyes widened at the sight of the holomap, red flashes and sirens wailing moments later after the arrival of the massive fleet. Hundreds, if not thousands, of new blips lined the screen in a surrounding force around the gathered ships of the Empire, Republic and Martians. Darth Marr leaned towards the left side of consoles, looking on to the near hundred to one difference in numbers their fleet had against the enemy.

"Evasive maneuvers! Come about 180 degrees!"

The Sith glanced around, the entire ship shaking heavily from impact. Laser fire immediately shot out towards all ships, tearing into even the cloaked Martian ships in orbit. His attention soon diverted to the same officer that discovered the probe, the sectors in each of his screen gradually shifting from blue to red.

"We've been boarded! Weapons, crew decks...all decks are reporting hostile forces!"

Darth Marr rapidly turned towards the group of warriors, his tone urgent.

"We need the strongest warriors to defend the fleet in space, there's too many of them. While the rest of us clear out the enemy boarders."

============================================================

A metal wall near the medical room housing Kire, Jaz, Vegetto, and Mioi suddenly blew outwards in a violent explosion, shaking the adjacent rooms from the impact. Voices shouting followed afterwards, the sound of energy lasers firing through the corridor followed by slowly advancing, white robotic soldiers.
swtor-SkyTrooper.jpg

((Also, here's some extra visuals for you guys that want a layout of the flagship:))

[video=youtube]

Without hesitation, the Martian Ships decloaked and retaliated against the enemy ships, pelting them with their Heat-Rays and explosive Canisters, where possible also firing their Black Smoke Canisters on the exposed parts to smother the hostile crews and disabling weapons and engines, while at the same time sending their attack fighters in an ambush to inflict heavy damage on enemy ships, regardless of armor or shield strength. This showed that the Martians were relentless and were a formidable force in their own right.

The Tenochi-01 also decloaked and proceeded to join the fight, while Brachi, Future Brachi and Future Xenest went to assist the fleet.

"My safety has never been guaranteed to begin with. Not to mention already associating with the ones here nearly got my arm sliced off. But I am sure I will manage and adapt. You are offering me a suit to ehance my current abilities, so it will allow me to defend myself. As such, I accept your offer." Mioi grasped Kire's hand, but didn't shake it since she wasn't accustomed to the gesture of handshakes. Once she did, the wall had caved in. 

Immediately, she took hold of her lightsaber and promptly activated it. 
And right before I get the chance to rest or eat... what a nuisance. 

"Your friend is out of commission for now. It's imperative we fend them off. Probably are the ones who invaded Earth. They would be the only probable attackers out here." Mioi fired a warning blast from her eye at the arms of the frontmost soldier in an attempt of a quick disarm. She definitely didn't recognize them.

Lily instantly turned towards Solaris.

"Fine. So long as I can remember that spell that allows me to survive in space for a while. Seems like there's quite a bit of ships out there." Solaris said casually. Lily sighed, snapped her fingers, and began yelling at Solaris.

"I don't care about those years you spent inside a coma, all this trip you've been relaxed while AN ENTIRE GALAXY is at stake here. So if you don't wise up and start acting more mature, I'll beat you myself. Understand?" She said. Solaris nodded and looked at Darth Marr.

"Where's the nearest exit into space?" He asked quickly. Kira walked off, talking into Republic communications.

"I want every ship firing at those forces, as if it needed to be said! So do it!" She said.

Kire didn't seem all too alarmed by the explosion but knew that Vegetto's current state can cause him grave danger. He hoisted the Emperor on his back, holding him in place by his legs. His back seemed to shoot out some metal cuffs which wrapped around Vegetto's waist, giving Kire free use of his arms. If Vegetto were to wake up in the middle of this mess, he would easily be able to free himself without Kire's aid. Clearly, this man was a robot full of tricks. He seemed to take his first defensive state. He glanced at Jaz. Jaz was already up and by Mioi's side with her blades out already attempting to disarm some of the nearest soldiers. Kire bit his lip and turned his attention to Jaz.

"Defend! Remember Jaz, Mom Always Remembers Injured Allies!" Kire seemed to speak nonsense but as soon as he finished, Jaz's actions were much swifter and much more precise. It was obvious who this was and it made Kire grinned. "Hold them off for a while. That's an order."

Jaz had converted into Red Mist by Kire's rambling but how? How was Kire so easily able to manipulate a creature that was so out of control? Regardless of what magic he had to Jaz he casually walked to the hall which lead him to the others. He called to Mioi. 

"Mioi! You might wanna leave this to Jaz. She'll hold them off for a while, long enough to warn the others." Kire stood, waiting for Mioi. "Come, you'll be better off fighting with the others to help you unless you wish to stay."

Jaz, or rather, Red Mist, rushed to a nearby soldier and palmed the man's arm, causing him to drop his weapon. Grasping the weapon, she quickly aimed it at the man she disarmed and pulled the trigger. Red Mist turned to the other soldiers with the gun in one hand and the other taunting them to attack at her.

"Come."

"... Very well. I'll follow your lead." Mioi followed Kire, since she had already seen the capabilities of everyone in the group. She was more concerned if any more would try to intercept them before they would reach the other side. Before she did, she crouched and shoved the granola bar into the space of her boot. I'll eat whatever that is momentarily.

Mioi was preoccupied with trying to guess what kind of attackers were infiltrating the ship. The ones that just busted the wall in weren't like Revan at all since they mainly held pistols. Though there would be trouble if their leader happened to have power similar to Revan's, or had something to do with Earth's primary invaders that managed to kill Goku and Vegeta. If anything, disarming them won't be too difficult. she was used to relatively tight spaces anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom