DBZ: The Fallen Empire (Chapter 1: The Hunt)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jaz didn't seem at all thrilled because it was just a longer version of Beerus's name. She pouted before crossing her arms childishly over her chest. She sat down next to Mioi, grumbling to herself.

"I wanna call you Beery..." She grumbled. "No fair... Oh hey, Mioi! You said that you people live underground, right? How do you guys see each other? Isn't it dark underground?" Jaz tried to think of an answer. "I bet you guys use your mind powers to communicate, right?"

==================

Kire lowered his hand and took his final puff of his cigarette. He dropped the cigarette to the floor, stepping on it to put it out.

"What? I can't fight for both?" Kire chuckled. "What kind of sick mind only picks one? I fight for peace to protect others but as a father, I gotta protect Jaz." Kire glanced at Vegetto before tilting his head. "Maybe I just don't get your views but it's kinda messed up that you'd pick only one. You're strong and super powerful, you should have no problem picking both, right? I fight for the peace that ends all violence and one that people can enjoy without any worries, no force brought upon them, one that everyone can benefit from rather than just one large population. That sick twisted mind is what brings up wars, rebellions, and riots, it's a fool's dream, really... Then again, I'm a fool for thinking that peace is actually obtainable." He laughed loudly.

"I've lived long enough to know that peace is not made by one person but established by the many around you. Save those who are your enemy, kill those who aid you... It's a big cycle of reality that I've grown to...kinda understand. In times of war, peace is told by the winner but I think that's bullshit." Kire took a deep breath and stared at the ceiling. "Peace is told by the victims who suffered."

"As for my lil' girl..." Kire turned around, walking back to the door he came from. He stopped at the entrance and turned to give Vegetto and Gogeta a large smile. "Well, you're a father, right? You'd give up anything to protect your kid, you'd even give up your plans and your life to make sure your kid is safe. You should know what it's like to protect your child. ...Or maybe not, I don't know if you got kids or not!" He chuckled wholeheartedly. "Still, if you got any more question, tell me now, Jaz is waiting for us and I'm sure you miss the cheerful girl you first encountered. Red Mist is a bitch, ain't she?" He chuckled again.

"Not necessarily. Our eyes can see in the darkness, but permanent darkness would make it impossible to navigate much of the cities below the surface. We have set up cities and buildings with power to illuminate much of the underground." Mioi responded. "Marclops also tend to share planets with other life forms, so it is rather necessary to equip our cities with electricity. Though, for me, my home was a cave carved into the tunnel systems so it was quite dim. I did scavenge a lot of old monitors and computers from the junk pit however." Mioi rubbed at her eye. "Perhaps that's why I'm so fatigued. I am not used to being surrounded by so much light above the surface. And I am also a bit hungry."

"Our telepathy does help communicate easily, though I've learned not a lot of beings seem used to it. It is a bit difficult to make 'friends' because of it. I wish I did not feel so.... different. Especially around these beings. But, they do not have an ocular organ quite like mine, so I can take pride in that." Mioi tilted her head upwards with a quiet snort through her nose, appearing rather sassy to mimic the mannerisms of the others.

Beerus kept his arms crossed behind his back.

"Too bad, you will address me by my full title or I'll destroy you."

His gaze turned towards Mioi.

"Both of you."

=============================

Vegetto's glare remained strong, standing in his original spot as Kire walked away.

"Don't presume to know what I want. If you think you can just dance through life and fight for a goal bigger than yourself without sacrifices having to be made, then you're just as foolish as the rest of the self-proclaimed 'heroes' here."

He scoffed, crossing his arms.

"All you people want is to play the hero, thinking you can just go out and save the universe without any reprocussions coming back to haunt you. If you can't accept that you might have to give up your daughter to save the greater good, then I can't trust you."

Solaris looked at Vegetto, a hand removing his helmet.

"I do not doubt you are the kind of Saiyan who would kill anyone in an instant to save your world."

Lily turned towards Future Brachi.

"You know Solaris? And, what fleet? I didn't see any others..."

Future Brachi laughed.

"There's a full contingent of Martian Ships around in space. The reason why you aren't able to see them is that they're having their cloaking devices active. It's a kind of device that renders a vessel which uses it invisible to both the naked eye AND any potential radar systems around, making them almost ideal for sneak attacks." She said.

"Well... I'll just stick to calling you Beerus and nothing else." Jaz sighed before turning to Mioi. "You aren't so different to me. I'm weird too, ya' know." She giggled. "Besides, being your own unique person is what makes the world a nice and colorful place. Imagine a place where there are a million versions of me, all exactly the same? That would be a pretty boring world. Once you know one Jaz, you know them all."

Jaz crossed her arms and nodded to herself.

"I think you're super cool. Mioi! You're weird but then again, who isn't?" Jaz laughed. "You got some special tricks of your own. You can see in the dark and talk using your brain! If you wanted a friend, I can be your friend! Beerus and Whis-Kers can be your friends too, even daddy! Hey! Maybe daddy can help you with your bright-light problem. Besides, he seems to really like you!" Jaz stopped for a moment before tilting her head to Mioi. "What exactly do you eat? I doubt you've had any sweets like donuts or cookies.."

==================

Kire paused for a moment after listening to Vegetto's final comment. He seemed to cringe, almost as if Vegetto's words struck a nerve to him. He shoulders slumped and he looked as if he was defeated by Vegetto's words. He slowly turned around but what Vegetto saw was an infamous smile, almost identical to Jaz when they met so long ago. He clapped his hands and began to laugh, with each clap, his laugh getting louder.

"You're really funny, Lord Vegetto!" Kire laughed, his voice very calm, almost relaxing. He clearly meant no harm with his words. "You thought I wanna be a hero? What idiot do you take me for? I guess I really do look that dumb, huh?! I don't wanna be a hero, I could really care less! Besides, I'm not the one who decides if I'm a hero of not, I let people say for themselves. With that kind of talk Vegetto, people are gonna think you're a cruel dictator, forcing your view on everyone."

Kire stopped his laughing and cleaned a tear from his eye before catching his breath. He began to chuckle again. "You talk as if I've never sacrificed anything before. Look, I know I'm nothing compared to you but you can't say I wouldn't sacrifice for the greater good." He snickered. "And because of it, I've had many things come back to haunt me. Besides, you got mad at me for snappin' Jaz's neck. I did that for the greater good. Red Mist was gonna be more and more of a problem to you if she wasn't already and you guys sucked at controllin' her!" He laughed loudly once again. "I did you guys a favor before you went ahead and kill Jaz yourself! What do you care what I do to Jaz, or anyone, when you'd easily kill them for your plans? Haha!"

"Man oh man, no wonder Gogeta is terrified of you!" Kire snorted in his final laugh. "He's a lot more silent... maybe you'd blast him if he goes against your word?" He chuckled. "Anywho, enough joking, I think I'd let you finish off whatever you're gonna do here, just wanted to let you know that I'm here to help! But I kinda wanna get one last thing straight, Lord Vegetto..."

He stopped by Gogeta's side and placed a gentle hand on his shoulder. Despite his cold robotic display, he was actually not threatening in any way. He seemed to pet Gogeta's shoulder, despite the fact that Vegetto was chewing on him. It was almost as if he wanted to reassure Gogeta that everything would be okay. He truly cared about others, even the ones who did not trust him.

"I don't care if you trust me or not, I'm not here to kiss your ass or look handsome, tho' that is no problem for a man like me~!" He cleared his throat. "I'm just here to help you out with your plan, even if I don't agree. What can I do to you anyways? Nothing! Haha! Anyways, I'll let you continue with whatever you're doing, Beerus might be ready to destroy the ship due to Jaz's stubbornness, the one she got from me! Haha!"

"If it will put you at ease, I will address you as such, Lord Beerus. The Destroyer." Mioi said indifferently. She didn't want to test anyone's authority currently, especially not if it was Beerus in question. 

"I'm sure I can sleep off the eye strain, but if not, I can take you up on your word for it. He seems sociable enough." Mioi's eyebrow furrowed questioningly once Jaz brought up the question of food. "Do...nuts? Is it a kind of candy? I do partake in the candy. But only candied beetles. A lot of what I have eaten in my life before becoming a refugee consisted of insects and lesser life forms of the kind. Are donuts and cookies a kind of animal?" Mioi inquired, but her eye glinted with curiosity. She seemed to like conversing with Jaz.

Beerus kept a raised eyebrow, watching Mioi and Jaz continue their exchange with a slightly perplexed expression.

"What ails you? This poor creature is mute, why do you insist on conversing with it?" 

Whis let out a small chuckle, quickly covering his mouth as Beerus continued to eye the two.

=========================

The slow building of rage was clear in Vegetto's expression, remaining silent through Kire's words apart from the small seething. Each sentence only clearly stoked the flames higher, the calming tone used by Kire serving to make things worse.

Gogeta tensed instinctively once Kire had grabbed his shoulder a bit, still glancing between the two with concern as Vegetto balled his hands into fists.

"And what kind of fool do you take me for?! I am a cruel dictator, you daft idiot!"

The other fusion immediately lowered into a defensive stance at the shout, watching Vegetto power up within seconds. Darth Marr shielded himself slightly, caught off guard by the sudden explosion of energy.

"I force my view onto everyone else because it is just!! The only reason...the only reason anyone has ever decided to fight against it is because their own pride was blinding them!"

Vegetto ominously stomped forward, dents in the steel being made with each thunderous step towards the two. Gogeta instinctively powered up as well, standing between Kire and Vegetto.

"So let me make my real viewpoint clear: if you're not with me, then you're against me! Say the word, and I will blast you to hell!"

"A kind of rage I've never seen before even in a Saiyan." Solaris muttered, putting his helmet back on. Lily cowered behind him.

"Even worse then Drake when he was angry..." She muttered.

"Silly Beerus!" Jaz giggled, giving him a bit of a disappointed head shake. Of course, it was playful. "Mioi talks using her brain waves! I think you need to have a brain for her to talk to you tho'..." Jaz turned to Mioi.

"Bugs?" Jaz laughed. "Well, I think some humans back on earth eat bugs but they kinda do that for survival I think... I wouldn't mind eating bugs." Jaz seemed shocked to know that Mioi didn't know what donuts were, or any sweets in particular. "What?! Donuts are just the best things on earth! They are sweet but they don't have any bugs in them. They are kinda chewy and warm! Some even have jelly in them. They are made of dough and tons of sugar!"

Jaz tried her best to describe a donut. "Ehh.. Donuts are circles that have holes in them and some of them are covered with chocolate and glaze and stuff." She had a feeling that Mioi didn't know what chocolate or glaze was. "Think of it like an eye, just a lot smaller and edible...but it's not an eye! I know, we should find daddy! He should give you a better view about the sweets."

Jaz took Mioi by the hand and seemed to drag her along in the direction where her father left a while ago.

=====================

Kire seemed a little shocked at Vegetto's actions but remained in his stance. He noticed Gogeta come between them but he, once again, placed his hand on his shoulder. His voice was still as calming and relaxing as ever, despite the situation. He spoke to Gogeta.

"Lord Gogeta, please." Kire smiled warmly. "Don't get yourself hurt because of me. Please, do not fight against Lord Vegetto. If he wishes to kill me, then so be it." Kire then turned to Vegetto.

"Dude, I'm not going against what you're sayin', just sayin' it's weird since you got a lot of power, I thought you wouldn't have to use force. It baffles me but I'm not trying to get you to change and I'm not going against you, so what's the problem? Sorry if I came off as rude but damn, even when I'm formal I'm offendin' royal--" Kire was cut off by the sound of Jaz's innocent voice.

"Daddy! Daddy!" Jaz yelled. "Mioi's got a question about donuts!"

"Well, how 'bout you destroy me later Lord Vegetto, my lil' girl is startin' up some trouble, as usual. Lil' rascal." Kire seemed to nudge at Gogeta's shoulder, urging him to come along unless he's going to take the full rage of Vegetto. He yelled back at Jaz. "I'm on my way, cupcake. Don't drag your Mioi friend into your squabbles, Jaz." He said this as he casually placed his hands in his pockets, walking to the entrance almost as if Vegetto's threat didn't even phase him in the slightest if he brushed it off so easily.

Future Brachi merely chuckled.

"You haven't seen my husband angry," she said to Solaris and Lily, "when my husband is pissed, he can summon four enormous arms on his body to raise hell on the enemy. Besides, I'm wondering why Vegetto is like this dictator thing now... shouldn't we simply put aside our political quarrels for the time being and unite against a common enemy?"

This showed that Future Brachi was even more rational than her counterpart, but this was because she did not had this feeling of betrayal which her counterpart had. Then again, Brachi's own group was still a bit on edge of having faced their own demons not long before the group went to search for Revan...

Beerus instinctively narrowed his eyes at the remark from Jaz.

"That liittle remark just earned you your second strike. Another, and I'll-"

The god stopped as the two quickly moved past him, his eyebrow twitching. Whis' own expression showed his amusement, but both stopped at the sudden surge of energy from above.

"Hmm."

============================

Darth Marr continued to watch on, his tone indicating his own shock at the sight of Vegetto's growing rage.

"That presence..."

Gogeta blinked incredulously, watching Kire once again turn his back to the two. He watched on however, as Vegetto quickly turned his gaze from Kire past Solaris and Lily, and locked directly onto Future Brachi.

"And you! Constantly blabbering on about your own powers as if you desperately need the reassurance for your petty pride!! Are you so full of yourself that you're blind to the fact that no one cares?!"

The fusion's gaze suddenly turned down, staring hard at the floor as he grit his teeth. His glowing purple eyes radiated heavily, soon shifting into a dark, blood red. Gogeta blinked in confusion, watching Vegetto slowly crumple down to the metal floor on all fours. The ship shook slightly from the impact, dents in the metal made where he landed. From a sensory standpoint, two separate yet identical energy signatures radiated heavily from Vegetto's body, as if three beings could be sensed from him.

Darth Marr cautiously stepped forward, standing still at the presence of black lightning while his red saber quickly ignited from his hand.

"That energy signature. I'd recognize it anywhere: it's Vitiate."

Vegetto's wide eyes still remained locked on the floor, still grasping at the metal in clutched hands.

"What's...what's happening to me?!"

Future Brachi narrowed her eyes, immediately being on guard as if expecting something to happen.

'You obviously haven't seen the extent of the hell WE have gone through, so I'd shut your mouth if I were you.' She thought to herself, while detecting the energy signatures.

The same signatures were also felt on the Tenochi-01, causing the group there to instantly remain on guard as well, with Future Xenest being beamed down next to his wife in person.

Solaris scoffed.

"A Saiyan respects their own kind, even if you do look like the descendent of King Vegeta. If you let this, Viviate? Control you, then perhaps you may just find yourself the lonely king of this universe, having lost everything you've worked for. As a weapon,, as a puppet, don't let yourself become one."

It was then Lily yelled out.

"Just stop! Stop all of this bickering! It won't help Gogetta get over whatever problem he's facing! Use your heads and think, it's obvious that discord among us will only lead to mistakes, and that... That gets people killed!"

Mioi remained silent, giving a hard stare in Vegetto's direction once she overheard Darth Marr. 

So Vitiate can manifest within the bodies of others...? Not budging from where she stood, she turned to look over her shoulder towards Satele's saber lying on her cot. Mioi had a feeling she was going to need it if what was happening continued.

"I was not expecting to have to engage in conflict so soon. I was looking forward to the anticipation of the donuts." Mioi scratched the back of her head as she held out her hand towards the metal cylinder in order to get it back within her grasp. A bit shaky, but it worked. Note to self that I will have to practice using the Force much more often...

"It is likely more than matters of pride... what better a target for Vitiate to choose than Lord Vegetto himself?"

Jaz seemed shocked to see Vegetto angry but she didn't understand why. Regardless, she didn't exactly wan to fight but it seemed as if there was no choice. She stood before her father, her blades exposed. Kire seemed baffled as to how his daughter had blades coming from her arms but he knew questions would have to come later. His right arm began to twist and turn until it opened to expose a sort of cannon. It looks like it can transform into other sorts of things but as of now, Kire kept it a secret. 

"Vitate?" Jaz overheard. "That's the guy I was talking about! He's got nasty plans for you guys!" 

Kire seemed more worried about Vegetto's well being than the actual fight. He moved past Jaz and the others until he was only a couple feet from Vegetto. Regardless, he kept a distance from the man, knowing the dangers he possessed. He stared at Vegetto, concerned and interested.

"Vegetto, hang in there." Kire seemed to order. "You're better than that Vitate dude, aren't ya? You're the most powerful being in the universe, you gonna let a simple ghost of a man take over you? C'mon, up on your feet, Emperor Vegetto! Show this Vitate man the truth strength of your Saiyan pride!"

Kire took a deep breath and took a step back. Jaz looked at her father and took a step towards him. She wanted to help but she didn't know what her father was planning to do. She seemed angry that this Vitate man was giving Vegetto problems.

"Hey, you stupid Vitate!" Jaz shouted. "Leave my friend alone! Just get out of here and go bug someone else, will ya?! Why don't you show yourself so I can slice you in half!"

In distinctive order, Vegetto's energy signature immediately spiked in recognition of Future Brachi's thought while the other two rose as well. His gaze turned upwards, nearly gritting his teeth together.

"You fool...did you forget you weren't the only one capable of telepathy?!"

He rose to his feet slowly, as if all words from the others held no affect on calming the fusion down, but slowly reached up to his head and grasped at the side of his temple. The fusion tightly shut his eyes after a second, the energy signatures steadily rising downwards.

Vegetto grunted as he collapsed back down onto all fours, Darth Marr relaxing his muscles slightly.

"There are three energy signatures radiating from his body: his own, and then Vitiate's who is manipulating his anger. But the third and final one is counter acting the second...helping him retain control."

Gogeta raised an eyebrow.

"Who's energy signature is it?"

Darth Marr shook his head once.

"That's the disturbing factor in this entire situation: it is also Vitiate."

The two separate energy signatures slowly dissipated away from Vegetto's body, the presence being felt rapidly departing from the bridge towards the depths of space. Darth Marr quickly turned on his heel, moving up to the control station at the front of the bridge.

"We will have to cut this break of ours short. Vitiate has fled from Vegetto's body: we can't let him escape again."

Vegetto slowly descended back down to his normal state, panting heavily while Darth Marr turned towards Solaris.

"I don't know what shape your Jedi escort is in, but I need you to relay my orders to your Republic fleet..."

His masked face turned towards Future Brachi.

"The same for the Martians."

Future Brachi and Future Xenest nodded, seeing the energy signatures dissipate and waiting for the orders to be relayed to the others. Thankfully the Martian Warships were still cloaked, so if anything the group could take advantage of the element of surprise.

Solaris rubbed his chin.

"I'll have to find Kira. I doubt they'll listen to a person who they've only known for a day. Though I have a question. How did you tell that this Viviate was in him? I couldn't smell any presence. Or, even one from him." He then looked over at Lily.

"Something bothering you?" The woman seemed like she was being eaten up inside.

"There's a reason I don't talk to anyone about my job when I'm not working with the Meeting or training at the temple. Just go find Carsen. She's needed her." Lily replied. Solaris walked off, intent on finding his Jedi Companion.

"As one weapon to another, I hope you lose your confidence soon." Lily whispered to herself.

Jaz wanted to rush to Vegetto, wanting to help him up but was quickly stopped by Kire. Jaz seemed to be a little fluttered by Kire stopping her. It looked as if she was about to yell at him but Kire was seen walking to Vegetto. Kire eyed Vegetto's state and, despite almost being killed a few moments later, placed Vegetto over his shoulder, helping him to his feet. He grunted as he steadily helped Vegetto and seemed to want to take him to the healing center where he met Jaz.

"I'mma take Vegetto to the resting cots nearby, okay? Okay." Kire said calmly. "That was a massive power dip you got there, Lord Vegetto. You can use a bit of rest, don'cha think? A strong guy like you can't look like this in front of the enemy, right?"

Jaz watched her father and followed him like a puppy and seemed to nudge Mioi along. Of course, she didn't have to come if she didn't want to. Her face was just covered in her dorky smile, excited that her father hasn't changed much at all from when she last remembered him. She rushed to her father's side and helped hoist Vegetto from the other side. Her voice was low, assuming Vegetto's head must be hurting.

"Hey, Veggie... you okay?" Jaz sighed. "Don't worry, Veggie, daddy's gonna heal you up! I'mma help too! I'mma be nurse Jaz."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom