DBZ: The Fallen Empire (Chapter 1: The Hunt)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mioi simply waved towards Jaz and Kire once she was referenced to. It was easy to recognize the two different entities now, but she still had no idea who Jaz was personality-wise since she met Red Mist first. Of course, the entire exchange was an entirely new concept as she's never observed behavior between Earthlings before.

"Greetings. My name is Mioi."

Beerus cleared his throat audibly, his narrowed eyes locked onto Jaz.

"I don't just claim to be a god, young one. And I suggest you avoid taking that disrespectful tone with a destroyer again."

Gogeta shrugged his shoulders in response to the introduction, sighing lightly.

"Sorry about all that, especially Vegetto. We've all be a bit on edge, and could use the rest."

He raised an eyebrow.

"I think it's fair that I ask about how you know who we are as well. Even if you don't think it's fun, we deserve to know the truth if you want any of us to trust you."

========

Darth Marr folded his arms across his chest, the ominous tone diminishing a bit.

"How long will they be? The Martians as well as my fleet are in position, we're ready to depart."

Vegetto kept his arms at his sides as he joined the group on the bridge. He didn't speak in his approach, glancing at the new comers and silently sizing each one up with his eyes.

The Martian Fleet was still cloaked, which rendered their ships initially invisible to the naked eye as well as the various sensors that were around. However, Xenest had sent out a message to their allies, knowing that they were present, so they were ready. They hoped they could use their cloaking devices as an element of surprise.

"Aww, don't worry about her Lord Beerus." Kire laughed. "She really likes you because she's never seen a creature like you before. I know you don't like it but you'll get used to it in time. She means no disrespect, honest." Kire's arm was being tugged by Jaz who was trying to get him to see Mioi.

"C'mon daddy!" Jaz whined. "Mioi is waiting! You're gonna love her! She speaks using her mind!"

"In a second cupcake, Daddy's gotta talk with Gogeta 'bout some things." Kire said while petting her head. "Why don't you go talk to Mioi for a bit and apologize to Lord Beerus for calling him weird." Kire glanced at Mioi and offered a friendly wave. 

"Oh, alright... Hurry up, I got a bunch of stories to tell you! Make your talk with 'Cheeta quick!"

Kire nodded her off before turning to Gogeta and began walking down to a more private area, away from the others. He motioned Gogeta to follow him. His hand dug in his pocket to pull out a box of cigarettes. He stopped and finally spoke to Gogeta.

"I might wanna have the Emperor hear me out too." Kire undid the wrapping around his cigarettes. "Don't wanna have his temper flare off again from stuff he didn't know." He joked, his tone turned serious shortly after. "But I am of no threat to any of you and I wanna make that very clear. Besides, I also wanna give the both of you a piece of my mind as well as my stand in this whole mess."

==========================

Jaz watched her father walk off and she quickly turned to Mioi, moving to her side. She seemed fascinated with her and began to tug at her horns gently.

"I've never seen a creature like you before." Jaz awed. "Creatures like you only appear in the movies and cartoons. I never thought you guys were real." Jaz sat down next to Mioi remembered that she didn't understand human culture all too well and began to ponder. She thought she'd let Mioi ask her questions in case she needed some answers.

"Well, if you have any questions, you can ask me!"

Mioi flinched, being caught off guard by the sudden tugging on her horns, but brushed it off relatively quickly since she wasn't quite used to a lot of touching. Jaz's demeanor came off the complete opposite to Red Mist's, so she did feel a bit easier to speak. 

"I suppose I could ask about how Earthlings live on earth and their social interactions. The humanoids here are not the same as those from Earth I suppose." She said in thought. "I assume Earthlings live on the surface of their planet rather than below it. I've only seen pictures of your home planet. How do humans on Earth live? I cannot tell if Earthlings are social creatures or not. Much aggression."

Darth Marr turned his attention to Vegetto, his arms still crossed behind his back.

"What are your thoughts, my lord?"

The fusion kept a stern expression.

"Will my son be among these reinforcements?"

========

Gogeta let out a heavy sigh in response after following Kire.

"He's just been a little on edge for today, I'm sure he can stay calm enough to avoid attacking you again. But if you want me to take your word for it and trust you, I think you need to start explaining."

========

"Excuse me."

Beerus brow was a bit furrowed, a small hint of agitation clear in his expression while he loomed over Jaz and Mioi.

"But I believe you still owe me an apology."

Solaris and Kira turned to face Vegetto.

"Ah, so you are -" Solaris began to say in a happy voice before Kira raised a hand to her eye, her entire body contorting in pain, before running off.

"Kira?" Solaris exclaimed.

It was then that Future Brachi was beamed on board of the vessel which contained the group with Vegetto, deciding to step forward and greet them. Unlike Present Brachi, she had multiple scars all across her body, which were the main things which could let anyone tell her apart from her counterpart.

"Like I said..." Kire said calmly to Gogeta. "Your brother needs to be informed too. Can't keep him in the shadows, now can we? Besides, I think he'll want to hear about what happened to Jaz anyways."

Kire continued to walk until he stopped by a door and knocked on it, waiting for Vegetto's response. He didn't even wait for his response and kicked the door open, giving out a hearty laugh. He stood by the entrance and let out a yawn before slowly walking inside the area Vegetto was located in. He pulled out a cigarette from his pack and offered some to Gogeta as he walked.

"Smoke?"

===================

Jaz listened to Mioi before standing up and tried to teach Mioi everything she knew.

"Well, humans live on the surface...unless they're hermits or just prefer to live underground." Jaz tapped the side of her head, trying to think up more answers. "The humans here are not really human I think... Veggie, 'Cheeta, and Jr. are some things called Sai...Saiyans? They just look like humans but they can fly and shoot fireballs and stuff."

Jaz smiled at Mioi. "Humans are generally nice but they are kinda stupid and selfish. I think they don't know it but they don't know the consequences of their actions sometimes. Humans talk a lot but they are all very different from each other! Human--" Jaz was interrupted by Beerus.

She stared at Beerus and generally seemed to pout and cross her arms, almost like a spoiled little kid. It was obvious that she didn't want to apologize but her father's words loomed over her head. She remained quiet until mumbling a bit.

"I'm sorry... for calling you weird and for not thinking you're a god...and for calling you purple." Jaz kicked at the ground. "But I wanna call you Beery! I don't like calling people by their names, so I make nicknames!" Jaz's eyes lit up slightly before jumping in place in front of Beerus. "So can I call you Beery? Pretty please!"

Gogeta kept silent as he followed after Kire, the only sign of expression on the fusion's face being the slight cringe once Kire forcefull kicked down the metal doors leading into the bridge. He then shook his head once at Kire's offer, holding an open palm out towards the cigarette in denial.

"No thanks, I don't smoke."

==================

Vegetto narrowed his eyes at Kira's sudden outburst, following her with his pupils while she rapidly departed the room. His attention soon landed on the approaching Kire and Gogeta, frowning instinctively after the loud entrance.

"I told you I didn't want to deal with you again."

===================

Beerus kept a blank expression, his tone flat.

"I have a better name you can address me by."

His right eyebrow lifted slightly.

"Would you like to know what it is?"

Solaris took a second look around.

"So, more people eh? I count two Saiyans, a person I can only assume to be a Sith Lord, a mere human, no offense Lily, and I don't even know what the other female here is."

Mioi kept quiet around Beerus, so she said nothing to interrupt. She heard conversations between other people, but some voices she didn't recognize as familiar. 

It seems they brought reinforcements rather quickly... she thought to herself.

Jaz glanced at Mioi before looking back to Beerus. She seemed rather excited as to what he might say but she didn't exactly keep her hopes too high. She knew Beerus could play a trick but regardless, she trusted him.

"Yeah!" Jaz smiled brightly. "Tell me! I wanna call you something super cool and awesome! Something top secret! Something Whis-kers can't even call you!"

==============

Kire let out a chuckle to Vegetto's words.

"Then start getting used to this face, Lord Vegetto, you'll be seeing it a lot if you wanna keep Jaz in your group." Kire let out a popping stretch and relaxed his joints. "Anywho, I'm just here to let you know who I am and why I'm here." Kire placed the cigarette in his mouth and held up his index finger to the tip. The top of his finger opened to expose a flame which lit his cigarette. He smoked rather peacefully but kept his distance between the men so the smell didn't bother them.

"Also, don't worry about Jaz, she's back to normal and buggin' Beerus." Kire blew smoke into the air. "Gogeta here is curious as to how I know you all despite you guys never once hearing my name or seeing my face. I thought I should explain to you guys, especially you, Lord Vegetto." Kire yawned, almost as if he didn't want to do this.

"Where to start... Well, I know you guys very well." Kire paced back and forth, wanting to sit down already. "I have many eyes and many ears but it's mostly my trusty little drones and gizmos that gather all the information on you guys! I had to gather info on the guys my lil' girl is hanging out with, so it's not stalking...right?" Kire let out a nervous chuckle. "In all seriousness, I actually wanna help you guys fight for peace. Y'see, you fight for peace and so do I but we both have different ways of obtaining it."

Kire took a moment to smoke his cigarette before continuing. 

"Let's see... what else y'guys need t' know.." Kire muttered to himself. "Oh! Right! I need t' give you two a piece of my damn mind! You guys have been around my lil' girl for a while and I always wonder what you guys did to her when I wasn't around. My lil' girl around all these men, she's been acting so tough and spoiled!" Kire crossed his arms. "But despite all the roughhousing she's most likely been through... I wanna thank you both. You two took care of my lil' girl when I wasn't around. Shit, you guys are more of a father to her than I ever would." Kire laughed loudly.

"Now y'guys won't haf'ta worry so much 'bout Jaz and I can't be more grateful to you guys." Kire walked to Vegetto and stood right before him. He held out his hand, which, when in full view, was completely robotic. He was willing to shake Vegetto's hand. "I know I started off the wrong foot but I'm willin' t' work for your trust if ya' want. I just want what's best for my lil' girl."

Beerus bowed his head slightly, shutting his eyes.

"Very well."

He opened them slowly, his expression as blank as his tone.

"You may address me as Beerus the Destroyer."

==============================

Vegetto's narrowed eyes turned down towards the open invitation from Kire. His narrowed eyes turned up slowly, locking with Kire's as he let the man's robotic hand hang out in front of him without a response.

"I don't trust so easily, not after everything that has happened especially with the way some people hold themselves."

Gogeta cringed a bit at the passive aggressive comment directed towards the others in Vegetto's sentence, turning his gaze up while Vegetto continued.

"But I will consider it, if you answer me this: what is it that you really fight for? Peace?"

His eyes narrowed slightly.

"Or your little girl?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom