DBZ: A Demon's Demons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Approaching the area, Future Xenest suddenly vanished, causing confusion within Ruthas, before spotting Future Brachi taunting him with a 'Come At Me' gesture. Growling, Ruthas couldn't help but think that something was up, but this was clouded by being taunted even more, charging at Future Brachi with fury in his eyes. Future Brachi however smirked as she suddenly teleported away, knowing she had lured Ruthas right on the spot where she wanted him.

"NOW!" Future Xenest shouted from a distance up, causing Ruthas to look up in wonder, ready to charge at him, only to feel a source of heat approaching him at high velocity, at which Future Xenest vanished. Turning to his left, Ruthas blinked at seeing an unstable fiery sphere approaching him, getting ready to slap it aside, but as he struck the blast, it lost the integrity which held it together...

Future Brachi and Future Xenest both returned to the group, with Future Brachi having used Instant Transmission to bail an exhausted Tempest and Xeno out, while Abaddon and Malia tended to the female demon whom had been taken along by the group. Seconds later, a massive explosion with a blast which roared like thunder burst from the complex, causing Future Brachi and Future Xenest both to generate a massive energy barrier around the group to protect them, aided by Judy whom activated her Mobile Shield Generator as well as Dielec whom added lightning to it to make the barrier stronger, as stone and metal rubble which burst from the massive explosion were spread all over, with the group shielding their eyes from the intensity of the explosion, with Majin Bara being happy that Goles, Bulma Jr. and Marron Jr. were safely tucked away inside her.

"They seem to be alive." Future Godfrey replied, looking to see Future Brachi, Future Xenest, Tempest, and Xeno and the shield.

"Let's not waste time gawking Godfrey." Solaris replied, pressing on.

Just then, a fierce gust of wind blew the group backwards, further away from the ongoing cataclysm as a massive portion of Ruthas' fortress was completely obliterated by the Plasma Demolition, various large bits of rubble falling in the lava ditch below, while others created some new landbridges which served as potential secondary escape routes for the other prisoners whom had managed to escape during the ongoing chaos. Many of the resident demons high-tailed it away from the scenery immediately, while others were literally gawking at the scene, male and female demons alike.

Future Godfrey and Solaris only gasped at the wind and destruction, with the two falling over.

"I should've... Been more prepared. Might've not fallen over." Solaris said.

"Wait until you get old Solaris. Then deal with knock back." Future Godfrey replied.

Thankfully, Judy managed to hold on her Mobile Shield Generator as the group landed several meters backwards, reducing potential damage done.

Brachi landed against Majin Bara as she tried to stop her backwards flight, the Majin easily catching her in her arms, while Tempest and Xeno held each other as to not get separated now...

Solaris forced himself up, before walking over and pulling Future Godfrey up.

"Hopefully the demon will be weakened enough to facilitate our escape." Future Godfrey said.

"Let's not wait enough to find out the extent of the damage he sustained." Solaris replied.

"Right, let's get out of here while we can!" Brachi said, moving off to find a safe spot to use Instant Transmission, wanting to be sure she was out of the reach of the still falling rubble.

The others hastily followed as they rushed towards what they believed to be the exit of the Demon Realm, knowing they would end up back on the planet Cold Prime I as they entered the Demon Realm from one of its mines there. Both Tempest and Xeno were still terribly exhausted, but were for now able to move with the others, leaning on each other for support as they followed, unfazed as big boulders and rocks landed behind them, some of them containing traces of metal and shapes of what appeared to be part of the structure of what was once Ruthas' fortress, which was suffice it to say obliterated for the most part because of the Plasma Demolition.

Haribu and Oriko also arrived, holding onto Brachi. However, Lucifer was nowhere to be found....

Brachi managed to teleport everyone of the group to safety, just out of the mines which led to the portal containing the Demon Realm as the dark sky of the planet Cold Prime I became visible again, presenting the group with a cool breeze because of the cooler air around.

Surprisingly, Dread Master Bestia was waiting for them there.

"I see you've overcome the trials which Ruthas must have inflicted on you and managed to escape his lair..." She said.

"Where have you been?! I thought you were with us when we entered the realm!" Brachi asked.

"I was. However I didn't interfere because each of you had to face your own fears and insecurities to improve upon yourself, like my comrades and I did with your Future Counterparts before. You have to understand that you cannot rely on someone of a higher power, be it Shenron, Porunga, the Kais or someone like myself to bail you out whenever you are in a tight situation constantly; you have to anticipate to those situations where you truly are alone and have to figure out solutions to your problems by yourself. Nothing is laid out in stone before you; you need to find your way to whatever you wish to achieve. Remember that there is ALWAYS a path to victory and you must see that through, even if it invites tragedy upon yourselves." Dread Master Bestia replied.

"And how will it all do any of us any good when we have lost anyone or everyone we care about? How can you expect us to live on if everyone dear to us has to suffer in Kami-knows-where? Have you ever taken the fact that people who have lost everyone they care about can do the most terrible things to themselves and anyone else, just to find a way to be reunited with their loved ones into consideration?" Tempest asked.

"I have seen many things in the many millennia of my existence, do you not think I have considered that?" Bestia retorted.

"Then answer me this: Why is it that pain and misery seem to constantly have the upperhand over happiness and prosperity? What will it take for all the needless suffering to end? Why is there always someone out there being consumed by power or greed, whom causes such pain and misery to everyone around them?" Tempest asked.

Future Godfrey and Solaris separated themselves from the group, moving away.

"What is the Darkness without the Light young warrior? What is creation without destruction? You know what kind of children grow up in a world where they have peace and security? They become greedy, and agents of sloth. They cannot become stronger, they cannot survive, they cannot fend for themselves. Adversity builds character. Survival of the fittest." Future Godfrey said, his voice becoming distorted and dark.

Tempest merely turned his head away, his hands clenched into fists as he turned away, as if the realization as well as everything which had happened to him so far all caught up to him. It showed that even Tempest was just a human, complete with conflicting emotions and trying to find his own place in the world as bitter tears fell from his eyes. He was soon hugged from behind by his ever-dutiful wife, whom wanted to comfort him, at which he turned to her and encased her in a tight hug. Dread Master Bestia remained silent on this as the two moved off, evidently wanting to be alone for a while, while Brachi sighed.

"Master, stop this." Solaris said, with putting a hand on Future Godfrey's shoulder.

"Forgive me, memories resurfacing." Future Godfrey said.

"Is this nightmare finally over?" Solaris wondered.

"I hope it is." Gina said, before catching Anne in her arms whom had almost fainted, with Anne having a near-catatonic look in her eyes, as if the whole experience of Ruthas' illusions deepened the impact on the once-so happy-go-lucky android.

Future Xenest looked at the distraught couple, evidently reading their memories.

"It isn't easy to let go of the past, as much as we would love to. That much we can attest to." He said as he looked at them.

"What do you mean?" Majin Bara asked.

"Because my wife and I have experienced for real what they must have witnessed in their illusions; the loss of everyone most dear to them. We know how bad it must have felt for them, because at such a point, you would want nothing more than find a way to hold those dear to you in your arms again, and no one and nothing will be able to stop you, no matter how strong the one who caused it is. You would want nothing more than get vengeance for the injustice you suffered, to have everything that has been done wrong set right again, bringing back things to the way they should be." Future Xenest said.

"But you got what you wanted in the end, right?" Piccolo asked.

"That we did, but you cannot imagine the pain and suffering we have gone through for years on end. The many physical scars on our bodies have reminded us of this every single day. The scars on our souls have gone through a steady healing ever since we got our wish granted, but even now we're standing guard on Lunei, ready to defend what has been ours from the beginning. We would never think twice to do what is necessary to uphold that peace we earned and the lives that are being repaired." Future Xenest replied.

"Even if it means to kill?" Piccolo asked.

"If we HAVE to." Future Xenest said without hesitation, showing that even now he remained battle-hardened and ready to take on anyone who would dare to take his well-deserved happiness away from him.

Dread Master Bestia remained silent on this matter, knowing full well she and her comrades have orchestrated their part into making Future Brachi and Future Xenest to how they are now. Even though she was the one to fulfill their most cherised desire to be reunited with their fallen friends and family the way they wanted it, she couldn't help to still feel a bit of shame, which was perfectly hidden by the facial mask she wore.

"If we leave now, we won't be able to make it back if anything were to happen." Future Godfrey warned, obviously trying to control the distortion in his voice from the hands upon his neck.

Future Godfrey and Solaris moved back closer to the group.

"You didint get to use your full power." Future Godfrey remarked.

"They've had enough of that not being enough." Solaris replied, nodding towards Future Xenest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom