DBZ: A Demon's Demons

Status
Not open for further replies.
"So what happens next?" Haribu asked everyone. "We just blew up Ruthas's castle and he's not gonna be happy about that, I bet. He'll probably end up coming after us."

"Then we have to be sure we're ready to fight him if he does decide to come after us. Make sure you're also on guard while asleep; remember that he can cast illusions, so he might try to manipulate our dreams to bring the same illusions back as what he inflicted on us before." Piccolo said, speaking up now as he noticed that Tempest and Xeno had retreated into their quarters, evidently not wanting to be disturbed.

Gina carried the nigh-catatonic Anne to her room, with Dielec joining them to keep her sisters company. Judy went after Tempest and Xeno, hoping to help them gain some privacy, while Majin Bara and Celicia stuck with Brachi. Abaddon and Malia tended to their fellow demons who came along for the ride, while Lea and Sheila went their own way.

Piccolo watched them leave while Tatsu and Yango remained with their fellow Namekian, while Future Xenest and Future Brachi remained as well.

Brachi then turned to Majin Bara.

"How are my children?" She asked.

"They're still safe and sound inside of me," the Majin woman replied with a smile, "I'll release them as soon as we get to Earth and if Ruthas doesn't act up again."

"Good. With the Plasma Demolition which Tempest fired with aid of Xeno, Ruthas should at least be seriously wounded and is likely needing time to recuperate properly." Brachi replied.

"How are you so sure of that?" Celicia asked.

"Because it's one of the most powerful attacks I've ever seen. It could be possible that Tempest has been able to emulate the devastating payload of a Martian Drone, coupled with his own energy and body heat, creating a sphere of thermal-based energy which is just stable enough to travel in a straight line to its target, but will detonate as soon as it hits ANYTHING in its path. That's why Tempest is dependent on having both a clear shot as well as the time and energy required to even generate such an attack. Coupled with the stress and strain which the attack puts on his own body, makes it like an enormous double-edged sword; he HAS to time the attack right, or else Tempest is done for, something Tempest is very much aware of himself and has very rarely used the attack... perhaps using it in the fight against Siber was the first time Tempest has ever used it in battle on his own, caused by witnessing the death of his childhood friend Sheila by Siber's hands." Brachi replied.

"But why did Xeno hold onto him like that?" Yango asked as he overheard the conversation.

"Xeno loves Tempest more than life itself. Their marriage aside, they are truly inseparable. My theory is that Xeno, by holding Tempest like that when he charged his attack, was to ensure that Tempest would be able to recover from charging the attack swifter by taking some of the stress from him and putting it onto her." Brachi said.

"I... don't understand." Yango said.

"Love is a complicated emotion. Let's leave it on that Tempest and Xeno have no secrets between each other, which in turn makes their relationship as tough as katchin for all I know. They have relied mostly on each other for support as neither of them had it easy in their lives, both before and after meeting my creators." Brachi replied.

"The story goes a man was born once who could manipulate all forms of the world, and his aura was a color never visible before. Ancient elders of his people taught him all they knew before they realized that not only did he control things none could before, he was possessed a very dark side. He was banished, but he killed all but two new borns of his people, one he took and turned into his slave, the other was spirited away, for the child was of the same power as him. The child grew up and eventually defeated the man, with the aid of the other child. The power of love defeated the monster. His name was Mark, and the child's was Ellijah." Solaris retold as if it were a well worn memory.

Solaris chuckled.

"I wouldn't concern yourself with legends, for they may be false or already come to pass. But they say, if Mark did return, it would be in a stolen body, and the new Destroyer would be driven by personal grief. The Destroyer, I forgot about that part of the tale. Mark raised an ancient creature destinyed to bring the end of the world, for he believed it was the destiny of his purple aura. They say Ellijah died restoring the planet from it's destruction, but who knows."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom