DB FE: Odessen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Panich was now downing her second glass as well, giving a satisfying sigh after and setting the cup down. 

"Looks like this has become a competition for our lives." Bage sighed as he watched Beerus start drinking with the rest of them.

"Well then we can't afford to lose then!" Zibarica replied before taking up another glass, following behind the others with his second drink.

Brachi was watching all of this with a bit of contempt on her face.

"Playing a drinking game while there are more pressing matters at hand... like playing a card game while an alien invasion is at hand." She softly quipped.

"Must be a form of distraction for them." Xenest mused, also watching this, although he was more curious who would come out on top.

Ale lifted his glass when he saw Beerus was participating. 

"How wonderful!" he said as his first glass was downed instantly. "Never been fond of Sangria really, too light." Ale was now onto his second glass along with the others. "I think the bartender should start bringing out the heavier stuff."

----------------------------------

Raditz dropped from the cliff and started to fly. 

The energy output from Super Saiyan should definitely be enough for someone to sense me from far out in space. If I'm truly alone then I'll have to find some way to fix that damn space pod.

Vegetto Jr. glanced down, his eyes on the floor after Jaz finished her explanation. He nodded his head, his eyes still on the floor and still hanging on his thoughts before he promptly nodded his head once more.

"Yeah...yeah, Koth used to talk about the old days. About life on that planet before Arcann took over...how perfect their world used to be. If anyone's going to know how to fix this mess, then it's the guy that shaped that entire world to what it was."

He nodded once more to Jaz, perking his right eyebrow.

"Can you...call him or something? How does that work?"

Gogeta Jr. scoffed lightly, having heard Brachi and Xenest.

"Don't worry, I'm watching them. Maybe cutting loose a little bit won't be such a bad thing for them.

Meanwhile, Theron happily snored audibly on the table he had passed out on, tightly shutting his eyes in the slumber.

Beerus eyed his glass, sniffing it a couple of times. He turned his attention up slightly at the others identifying the drink, his eyes turning to Ale specifically once he mentioned how light it was. He scoffed lightly, rapidly downing the first shot in one gulp before bringing his purple hand onto the counter.

"Yes...this drink is...light."

Beerus leaned his head forward a bit, blinking a couple of times in a small, nearly unnoticeable daze. He swayed a little in his seat, inhaling deeply through his nose and extensively attempting to control his eyes from spacing out while he waged his glass at the bartender.

"Hey! You...get out the stronker...driinks. This stuph is too lifee."

"Ehh, I don't know, to be honest." Jaz scratched her head. "I've never tried calling Valkorian before... He just kinda appears in our heads."

Jaz tapped her foot, trying to think of a way to summon Valkorian. With a snap of her fingers, the young girl held out an open palm facing the open forest before them. She looked like she was bracing herself.

"I'm going to try something, so just prepare yourself if he does show up or something, alright?"

Jaz took several deep breaths and thought as hard as she could about the Dread Saiyan and her memories of him. She slowly pulled her arm back until rapidly thrusting it forward dramatically. She held that pose, hoping something came out of it.

"I summon thee! Valkorian!"

Kire glanced at Beerus, slowly blinking at his slurred speech. He held his glass at a distance, trying not to get enticed by the smell of the drink and taking note that he should stop drinking before he ends up losing his wits. He stayed around, curious to have a conversation with Mioi and see how Beerus and the others would end up after the drinking competition. He looked around the bar, noticing Jaz wasn't in the area. His little smile turned to a frown with his eyes trailing to the floor. He looked inside the glass to notice a small amount of liquid left before letting out a sigh. 

I guess she rather be with Junior or Vegetto than me... Kire bit his lip. If I had just... stayed around, maybe Jaz would be here with me... Maybe Vegetto's right...

He swished the little liquid that remained, thinking about the bond between Jaz and himself. He shook his head, trying his best to get rid of those thoughts and not show his emotions around the others. He pulled his act together, trying to give the others something to laugh about.

"Heh, looks like lil' Beerus is about to knock out like Theron soon." Kire forced a chuckle. "Guess we found Theron number 2."

"IT WAS THAT EASY?!" Zibarica coughed, nearly choking on his new drink.

"Ohh, the poor thing's never had a lick of alcohol in his life." Panich gave a hardy chuckle before casually downing another glass. 

Bage sighed slightly, watching the contest go on, wondering just how his wife would be if she would even get drunk. She was always so determined like her brother, especially with contests. Would she be a happy drunk? A sad one? Maybe she was more on the shy side, or maybe she was even more dangerous than she usually is sober. If that was the case then he would have to stay right there and keep her from causing any harm. But then, his thoughts were interrupted by a spark of energy flaring faintly. The energy seemed farn but it was there. He looked back at his wife for a moment then stood from his seat and walked over to notify Gogeta Jr. 

"You sense that energy, don't you? Is that another of the outlanders?"

Ale chuckled as he looked over at Beerus and his increasing drunkenness more so from Kire's comment to him.

"Didn't know mortals in this universe could speak so casually toward their hakaishin." the destroyer said amused as he downed another glass.

Ale held out his glass motioning it toward the bartender.

"You heard him, bring out the heavier stuff. Dark liquor should suffice unless you lot are interested in uping the ante."

---------------------

Raditz closed his eyes and let out a deep sigh. He concentrated his senses and tried again to see if he could feel at least a weak signal.

"Hmm, I think I'm getting something. It's faint but it's definitely a large group of people."

The saiyan opened his eyes and started to fly in the direction of the base.

"Best case scenario I get a decent meal from a group of friendly locals. Worst case I get some slight exercise from a group of savages... and then steal their food!" Raditz laughed as he continued flying.

"Perhaps we should just move onto the dark liquors and cut to where the real fun is!" Mioi grinned in amusement before looking at the drink list. "How about... rum? Never heard of it but it sounds like the kind of drink that just might knock Lord Beerus out of this round," she cackled. Gingerly, she asked for a bottle of 80 proof rum and filled her glass with it before passing it around to all at the drinking table. "And if it's good, we can finish off the whole bottle to see who's still standing!"

Mioi held up the glass to her nose and sniffed it, tilting her head at the scent before downing her serving. It thankfully wasn't the horrid drink that smelled like the antiseptic liquid someone like Doctor Cheelai would keep in her medical cabinet. But it definitely made her body temperature rise quite a bit compared to the first round. She exhaled loudly through her mouth with a laugh.

"Hoo-whee, it is strong! Do not fret, for those whose tongues lack the experience of alcohol, a secondary beverage like juice may be employed to ferry it down without resistance. I believe it is called a chaser?" She commented cheerfully seeing Zibarica struggle with his own drink. "It would be a shame if one's gastrointestinal tract would display an upset from a strong drink like this one! You absolutely would need it for the colorless one... vud-kuh, is it?" She was slighrly tipsy already, so any indication of someone else's energy signature completely went over her head unchecked. Heck, she figured it was just part of her head starting to feel floaty!

The setting sky of the planet remained mostly unchanged, the sun beginning to disappear behind the tree line as night approached. The gentle breeze flowed through the field Jaz and Junior stood in, the sound of Jaz's voice being the only sound that rung out for a few moments. Vegetto Jr. chuckled to himself, staring Jaz down with an amused look.

"Ha...nice pose."

His eyebrows perked at the sudden rush of wind billowing through the plain. He lost his smirk, staring up in confusion while the setting sunlight above began to dissipate away quicker than before. A growing pressure began to mount upon the entire planet itself, albeit it minor, while Valkorian's strict and stern voice rung out in Jaz's head.

"Listen very carefully. Do not mention my name ever again and never call it to the heavens. You will be judged, and you will be suspicious to the forces that come..."

Vegetto Jr. turned his eyes up, his attention catching on the violent surge of bright, white lightning high above in the now cloudy sky hanging over them both while Valkorian paused briefly before continuing.

"If they have any reason to believe you are harboring my spirit, they will kill you along with this entire planet. You were just a pawn in my game that I used to escape death and you have no idea where I have gone, understand?"

Valkorian did not wait for an answer, the signature of his presence clear in Jaz's mind during the explanation but it soon vanished into nothing as the clouds above began to shift. Vegetto Jr. crossed his arms, his expression indifferent due to blissfully being unaware of the warning Jaz received.

"Well...he does like to make an entrance."

The clouds above began to swirl, the funnels forming into miniature tornadoes that slowly spiraled down towards the ground. Despite their violent vortexs whirling at fierce speeds, the treelines and grass below only shifted lightly under the force of the wind itself as four tornadoes touched down all around Jaz and Junior. Vegetto Jr. formed a small frown, uncrossing his arms as the quick math of multiple tornadoes instead of just one began to indicate something else was coming. The blasting whirlwinds suddenly exploded outwards, the wind torrents harmlessly blasting the two. In their place, four ghostly apparitions stood upright. All four figures were clearly made of some intense, dark power that clearly radiated so intensely, any being capable of sensory input could feel the heavy weight. The black smoke clouding the figures was what the creatures themselves were comprised off, the lines of their figures formed by the flowing black air into the form of a heavily cloaked humanoid clad in tattered and torn robes like a grim reaper. Each figure wore the same outfit, a dark hood covering their head. The face of each figure formed the unmistakable lines of the Dread Masters themselves, the black smoke lines perfectly traced like the golden metal skull-like design of their masks underneath the hood.

Three of the figures began to circle Jaz and Junior, the latter instantly powering up in a strong display of energy. One of the Reapers floated up to Jaz, undeterred by Vegetto Jr's massive display of power. The Reaper stared down at Jaz with an ominous, low gurgle emitting from what appeared to be its head. The dark energy itself pressed upon the planet strong enough to where each individual could feel their raw life energy being drawn to the four creatures themselves. The main figure looming over Jaz spoke, its voice distorted and heavy in its delivery.

"R͏̲̪el͙̮͕̲̮̣̫in̸q͍̖͕̳u̮͝i̡̩͇s͓̦̝̹̱͟h҉͎̱͓̯ ͈̹t̜̞͖͎h̟̮̮͎͓̦e̴ s̯̬̕p̨̞͍̰i̵͙̣̲̠̰r̸̙̹̞̟̭̙͚it̕ͅ ͇̥͝ọ̠̺̗̖̣f͈̠̮̘ ̨̦̪͕̩̰̗̬t͏̪̣ͅhę̫͎ ͓I̷m͇̭̻̬̤̫ͅm̥̟̟̙͙͉o̖͙͈̞̝r̀t̛̥a̖͙̺͓̱l̴ ̲E͕̯̖̱̯̩̻͝m̢̼̦̰͔̘̜̖p̫ͅe̺̕r̗̤͔͇̯̺̕ͅor͏̭̫̗̭͔͕̫."

Beerus angrily flailed his arm, unintentionally hurling his drinking glass across the room due to losing his grip while whirling around to angrily yell at Kire.

"I amf ine! I am destroyargh...I...unngh..."

He swayed a bit in his seat for a moment, his eyes fluttering a bit. However, the sudden rumble from the lightning outside the base erupted so fiercely, the entire base shook like a small earthquake. Beerus suddenly toppled forward, his head slamming into the bar before he crumpled down to the floor, completely passed out from the drink.

Gogeta Jr. had turned his eyes to Bage, but quickly lost his light hearted expression at the rumble. He frowned, glancing down and lightly running his hand over his chest at the strange sensation of his own vitality being pulled from his body, glancing up in the direction where the new dark power completely dwarfed Radtiz's energy signature.

"No...that's definitely not ours. C'mon, we need to go investigate at once."

He took off in a small jog, quickly heading to the nearest exit to exit the base and fly towards the power emitting from Jaz and Junior's location.

"Oh wow, I actually managed to summon him..?" Jaz said while she stared at the sudden change in the environment. "But something feels...off."

Jaz's eyes widen upon hearing Valkorian echo within her head. She remained speechless, listening to his warning and the rapidly warping area around them. Jaz took a step back towards Junior, knowing that this was not Valkorian's doing. As Valkorian's voice faded, Red Mist spoke up from the depths, a low chuckle coming from her voice.

Oh my, scared even in death... is this the great Valkorian people grew to respect and fear? I heard nothing but a man whimpering in the shadows... 

Jaz shook her head to rid the voice of Mist and Valkorian before witnessing the newly formed figures surrounding her and Junior. Within that moment, KABS lit up before engulfing Jaz's body in the protective suit when it sensed a high energy signature. The core blinked several times, trying to figure out the enemy and their power. From the inside of the visor, it rapidly traced over the ghostly figures in a blinking red outline, desperately trying to identify the enemy. There was a pressure felt within Jaz's chest as if her very life was being sucked away by the new beings before them. KABS's core stopped blinking before speaking out to Jaz.

Lady Jaz, this is a powerful enemy! My sensors indicate that their power is beyond that of even Vaylin!

"W-What..?"

You must leave now!

Jaz noticed one of the figures approach her and she instinctively released her blades, standing in front of Junior protectively. She trembled slightly, never having sensed or faced this type of energy or power before. Her chest was tight but she tried her best to remain calm and braced herself for whatever might happen. When the figure was close enough to Jaz, she not only heard his gargled words but felt an intense gripping feeling of death. Although not visible from her KABS visor, the expression on her face was fear.

"I don't think they'll let us go so easily. Somethin' about the Immortal Emperor," Jaz said to KABS. She turned to Junior. "Junior, what are these things? They don't look... friendly. I've never felt anything so draining..."

Kire glanced over at Beerus as he angrily babbled nonsense to him. All he did was offer a cocky smirk to Beerus, humored by his drunk status. When Beerus passed out on the floor, he laughed loudly.

"He bonked his head and passed out like an idiot, so much for bein' an all powerful God of destroyin' of somethin'." Kire chuckled until he felt the earthquake and the sinister feeling from an unknown source. He gasped, placing his hand over his chest for a moment and stared at the others. He wasn't as powerful as them, so he assumed they didn't feel it. He glanced towards Gogeta Jr. and knew that he wasn't the only one to feel it. He stood up and took a step back from the others, holding out his hand to show a map of the nearby area. The redhead began to type on a holographic keyboard before it showed four large glowing dots, indicating the beings that appeared. A small indicator appeared around the dots flashing the words 'Danger' and 'Critical.'

So that's where it's comin' from. Yeesh, that looks nastier than Vaylin's, ain't no joke. So... where's Jaz and Junior?

With a few more keystrokes, two smaller dots appeared directly above the four dangerous ones, no doubt showing the location of Jaz and Junior. His skin turned pale and his eyes widen in sheer panic. Kire backed up before tripping over a chair, the hologram closing as he landed on the floor. He pulled himself up, staring at the others with eyes full of terror.

"J-Jaz... and Junior! T-They're in trouble!" Kire said, nearly speechless. "You gotta take me to them!"

Ale continued to laugh as he was enjoying the time with these new people and Beerus's drunken state. His ears perked up a bit when he felt the huge surge of dark energy.

"We should probably see to that then."

The destroyer took a huge swig of from the bottle of rum that was opened. He let out a loud burp and shook his head.

"Ah, there we go now we're feeling something." Ale laughed as he floated in the air towards the exit and flew to Jaz and Junior's location as well.

------------------------------

Raditz stopped mid-flight taking notice the changes in the sky's horizon and the multiple energies that just exploded.

Now that's some power. Seems these local savages won't be as easy as I thought.

He instantly turned the other direction and went toward Jaz and Junior's location.

Why do I feel like I'm getting the worse type of deja vu somehow...

Bage nodded, his face getting a serious and focued expression. He followed Gogeta Jr. And on his way stopped by his children who had been sitting off watching the drinking contest. "Watch your mother and keep her here. Something is going on and she'll need time to clear her head."

"Yes sir... Be careful, Dad!" Paprika nodded, Basil also nodding in confirmation before watching their father hurry to catch Gogeta Jr.

"Thats one down and out!" Zibarica chuckled as he raised his glass before downing it. "Don't count me out yet Cyclops! Im still in this thing!"

"AHAHA! thats the Spirit! Bring on the strong stuff!" Panich laugh rather loudly before taking the bottle of rum and drinking it down. After nearly finishing, she stopped herself abruptly at the energy that was too large to ignore.​

"Hey save some for the rest of us ya hog-" the namekian's train of thought was cut off by Kire's sudden outburst of fear. He immediately put down the glass, trying to get a hold of himself. Sober up, sober up! Things were getting serious now. "What the hell is goin on? Where are they?"

"Ugh... What now? Can't I get a fuckin' break!?" Panich puffed out a loud sigh, falling back onto the bar counter. "Whoever's doin that'z gonna get their ASS KICKED!"

Mioi was about to open another bottle until the unknown pulse of energy completely threw her off guard; it almost made her sober up instantly. Almost. She looked at the rum bottle and scratched her head, a grimace evident on her face. "Hunh?" Mioi grunted. "I do not recall that being part of the drinking experience."

But her attention was caught by Kire's voice of alarm, along with the immediate action of Gogeta Jr. and co. She bore her big shark-like teeth in fury at the mention of who was in danger, slamming her fists on the bar table so hard it made the empty glasses around her shake. "Someone's crashing our drinking merriment AND attacking our crew who are out of position!? Unforgivable!" Mioi stood up gruffly despite sounding mildly intoxicated. She opened up the bottle and chugged about half of it down before hissing at how strong it was. "Blech! This is not rum! Oh well, it should be sufficient fuel for me to perform the whooping of ass! There is no time to cower, computerized father unit, we have the ass-kicking to do!" Mioi gruffly said before taking off from the bar on foot, yelling at the top of her lungs with a war cry that probably was fueled solely by alcohol. She wasn't drunk enough to trip over Beerus at least...

Vegetto Jr. glanced a bit towards Jaz, tensing up and sweating with an agitated stare.

"How am I suppose to know? You're the one that called these things here."

He stepped forward, his arms still pulled back. Raising his voice, he spoke first towards the floating entities.

"We don't know of any Immortal Emperor here. This is a peaceful worl-"

Vegetto Jr.'s speech was instantly cut off, his body lifting in the air on its own as he hacked violently. His hands clawed at his throat, seemingly choking on an unseen force. The main Reaper had its left arm extended out, his fingers contorted in a gripping motion while he lifted his right arm slowly. The figure waved his hand lightly, and suddenly, Vegetto Jr.'s aura dissipated away in the Saiyan's reversion back to his normal state.

The Reaper floated forward a bit closer, its empty and menacing stare locked on Jaz.

"Valkor͘i҉a͠n͞.́..thȩ b͘ơd̀y ste͟al̷er͟. Hi̵s so͝ul ͢l͏i͟v́e͟s̢ on in͠ y̕oų..͞.̨re͜linq̡uis̡h̨ ̨įt ̛no̴w͜, ̛or̶ be ̴des̵t̴roy͘éd͡."

A few meters away, Gogeta Jr. flew out above the clearing, blinking on at the sight of the two gathered there. He paused, unsure on how to proceed in watching the development.

"What the hell are those things?"

"Junior!" Jaz gasped upon seeing Junior float in the air and revert back to his base form. "What are you doing to him?! Let him go!"

Jaz narrowed her eyes from behind her visor, taking a nervous step away from the Reaper that approached her with hands balled into fists. She had a feeling that these beings were not any pushovers, especially if they easily handled Junior. When the being spoke about Valkorian, she couldn't help but shudder at the name, feeling this was somehow her fault. With Junior's life on the line, Jaz didn't ask questions or even wait to explain the entire situation once Gogeta Jr. finally arrived.

"Gogeta, help Junior while I take these guys on myself!"

Lady Jaz! I highly advise against this! These creatures are beyond our level! Please reconsider!

"I won't sit here while they hurt Junior! You better help me out KABS or I'm doing this without you!" Jaz's green eyes shifted to the Reapers. "I... I don't know what you're talking about! That loser Valkorian has been dead forever! Get with the times!"

Jaz parted her feet before rushing towards the closest Reaper with her blades poised to strike. Her body shifted from left to right as she tried to psyche the Reaper out with her quick movements until she suddenly appeared behind the Reaper. Seconds later, cuts and slashes were visible all over the Reaper, primarily the arm aimed towards Junior. None of the cuts were deep or fatal, they were just aimed for the sole purpose of stunning the Reaper; Jaz did not have the will to kill, despite their actions towards them.

Let me fight them... you'll only die struggling.

Back off Mist! I got this!

Kire rushed to Zibarica, grabbing his shirt and shaking him slightly. It was very apparent Kire was filled with panic, this being the first time he acted in such a way in front of the group. He trembled with anticipation and fear as his skin grew pale.

"Listen, I can't fly so ya' need to take me to that weird energy signature. Junior and Jaz are in huge trouble," Kire's grip tighten on Zibarica's shirt. "Please, take me to Jaz!"

Raditz floated above in the air now watching the scene unfold.

"What the hell is-" he paused as he looked at two familiar faces. "Is that Vegetto and Gogeta?" he blinked making sure he wasn't seeing things. "And there's an earthling woman fighting with them." Raditz started floating downward towards the fight as he waved towards the group

"HEY!" the saiyan yelled out. "NEED SOME HELP?"

Raditz's aura spiked as purple energy emitted from his hand and he threw out a large energy blast at one of the reapers.

Now Ale was in tow. He floated near the group and landed stumbling a bit.

“Not a very graceful landing.” the destroyer chuckled. “Definitely very tipsy right now.” He watched the scene go on. “But from what that girl said the mortals should take a crack at it.”

Mioi, charging through the clearing at full speed by following those who were flying overhead to the scene, was also trying to focus in on the source of the energy pulses. She could feel the presence of something foreign, but the pressure was indescribably heavy... it was an oppressive force of malevolence that made her break out into a cold sweat.

Soon, the overhead of the field came into her view and she saw the four cloaked figures closing in on Junior and Jaz. 

"What the-" Mioi let out a gasp when she felt the pressure even more-- these things were the source of the strange pulse of dark power. They were clearly enemies, but she couldn't understand what they were, why they were there, nor whether they were part of Vaylin's personal army. Mioi wasn't sober enough to even stop and consider everything that was going on around her, but there was something those creatures did that was just barely keeping her from being fully intoxicated, so she operated by complete instinct to act in a split second.

Gritting her teeth, she lunged forward with a grunt as her body tensed up, eye glowing a bright green. From Mioi's eye flew multiple laser bolts towards the Reapers that weren't in close enough range to harm her allies, but she made it a point to sear a beam across the ground in an attempt to force distance on part of the Reapers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom