DB FE: Odessen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mioi pondered Cheelai's words for several moments, her gaze drifting up towards the ceiling in thought. "Hmm, I suppose that is true. A lot has changed in 25 years, and I am still acting as though nothing has changed on the planets that were taken over. This is perhaps the last bastion for any of us. But I don't think it is an issue so long as some of them have people they care for nearby."

She crossed her arms and blinked slowly, still looking away. "I've got nothing from the past to tie me down... it's better for me that way. Now that we've a bit of time before worrying about fighting again, this is a good chance for me to at least try and socialize with the other life forms that got dragged in with me." Mioi chuckled. It wouldn't be easy at all for an alien whose only sense of community was in isolation, but she felt like it would be more troublesome for the others. Not everyone had the same wish she did about getting along, but maybe things would work out naturally if she gave it a try. "I suppose the first step to welcoming my new home is to be where the others went. I think it was a bar somewhere... it sounds like the "fun"." Then she turned to Cheelai with dimples on either side of her cheeks, indicating she would have been smiling if she had a mouth. "I am already gathering data for the eccentric father unit, so offering my assistance to collect anything else would be no inconvenience to me. It feels nice to be of some help in any way I can." Mioi stretched her arms before her next query. "Anything else you need to make your diagnosis before I leave you to your work?"

Zibarica chuckled and wrapped his arm around Theron's neck, pulling him closer to him. "Quit while you're ahead, bud. We don't need ya running your drunken trap into a fight." 
----------------------------
Panich frowned slightly at Brachi, she knew it must have been hard for her, especially when here kin were nowhere to be found. She opened her mouth to try and offer words of comfort before being abruptly interrupted by Beerus.

"An 'excuse me' would be nice." She huffed quietly, giving one of her mildly annoyed looks before answering the God of destruction, "It's a cocktail. Why do you ask?"

"Something that you can tinker with? Uhh, I'm not quite sure what I can give you." Oriko summoned his bow to show that his utility was nothing physical. "This is all manifested from energy. If I 'let go' of it, then it just dissipates." The boy opened his hands facing down, the bow dissipating into nothingness within moments of being cut off from an energy source. After the energy dissipated, Oriko extended and shook Kire's hand.

"I do want a suit of armor, although what could I provide to help you since I don't have anything physical that I could provide you with? Is it necessary? Will you have to dissect or do something that causes bodily harm to me otherwise? Please don't do that, I like my fleshy parts and would prefer to not turn into a cyborg."

The small breeze ruffled Vegetto Jr's spiky hair, his eyes narrowing a bit at Jaz's sudden outburst. He frowned immediately, ignoring her attempt to downplay the scene she just caused.

"Jaz...what was all that about?"

==========

Theron took a big sip of his drink under Zibarica's arm. He hacked, and awkwardly slipped his way out of Zibarica's grasp and stumbled a bit forward away from the counter.

"Bah!! Fuck you Zib, I can handle mys....uhhhhh-"

Theron swayed a bit, falling back and collapsing onto a nearby table. He laid flat on the counter, chuckling to himself in his drunken stupor while his legs dangled from the edge, kicking his boots up in the air and raising the glass he somehow managed to avoid spilling into the air.

"Ffor duh Repuublic!! Ha ha!"

Gogeta Jr. sighed, rubbing the bridge of his nose while he watched the sudden development.

===========

Beerus kept his eyes narrowed, leaning back upright and keeping his voice firm in his sudden demand.

"Very well, bring me one of these...cocktails, at once. I wish to sample this strange looking beverage."

============

DB FE: The Will to Fight, Chapter One: Expectations

============

Doctor Cheelai carefully placed the few tubes of liquid she had gathered during the conversation off to the table to her left, balancing them in a small stand before turning back to Mioi.

"I have all I need. Thank for your time, Mioi."

She kept her warm smile, nodding to her.

"And if you wish to chat more, I'd be more than happy to talk. It sounds like you can tell me a lot about these famed Outlanders."

Doctor Cheelai stifled a small chuckle.

"Starting with this, 'eccentric father unit'."

"N-Nothing. Nothing at all!" Jaz laughed nervously before letting her shoulders slump in defeat. "Well, I guess there's no hiding anything from you, huh? I've just been... thinking."

Jaz turned on her heel and walked over to Junior, wrapping her arms around his waist and remaining silent for a moment before taking a sharp breath. She pressed against the man and nuzzled her vizor against his chest.

"I want to get stronger so I can protect you. You've been through so much the last couple of years... I can't stand knowing you were hurt the entire time. You were all alone even though you were surrounded by allies. I.. I should've never made you run away that day. If I was just stronger than Veggie, than Arcann... than Vaylin, you wouldn't be going through all this. I could've protected you, dad, and everyone else..."

She squeezed Junior harder, her core pressing against him and lowering her mask to show how she struggled to hold back her tears.

"That's why I want to be stronger, stronger than even your dad. I want to be the one who takes down Arcann and Vaylin. No one will hurt us ever again... no one will hurt you. Not this war, not Arcann and not...Vaylin."

You make me weep, Jaz. Red Mist taunted. Do you think a man like Junior will kneel over for someone like you? You hurt his precious Vaylin with your little stunt and now he's keeping you away from the others to suffer. To suffer as he did. Alone, but this time, around the man you love. Humorous, isn't it? He will say things to warm you up, but in the long run, he won't be there when you scream, no one will...

Jaz's hands gripped on to Junior's shirt tightly as she continues to bury her face on his chest.

Kire smiled brightly and shook Oriko's hand. He smirked at the possibilities Oriko's ability presented to him. He gently placed a glass of liquor in front of Oriko and Solaris.

"Alright, you'll get your suit no problem." Kire laughed. "I got a couple of ideas that can benefit your weird energy bow thing. Like I said before, I ain't gonna work ya' t' the bone, just scratch my back and I'll scratch yours, yeah? Solgaris is a cool guy but if he doesn't pronounce KABS right, then I'll turn his armor into scrap for you to use as target practice. Aww, I kid'! I ain't gonna mess with you Solgaris!"

Kire then glanced to Ale before offering him a glass.

"So you're a Destroyer, eh? Bah, a fancy title for someone who blows up planets. I guess you ain't as bad as that purple cat. Have a drink, buddy, live this day as if it was your last! You too Oriko, Solgaris!" Kire rose from his seat and held his glass in the air before shouting for everyone to hear. "For the Alliance! Everyone here drinks for free! Tab's on Vegetto! Live like your last, folks!"

Ale grabbed the glass and smiled at Kire.

"Cheers." the destroyer said as he downed the shot. "Responsibility comes with the title. Blowing up planets left and right is the easy way out but you do always have to keep your universe's Mortal Level in check."

One of the floating beer mugs hovered down towards Ale. He grabbed the mug and glanced at the group again. He seemed to be more amused as he drank.

"You know that's a good saying my buddy said in my mortal years during wartime. He would always say if the enemy doesn't kill you maybe the hangover will." Ale chuckled as he took a swig of his beer.

----------------------------------------

Raditz sat on a cliffside watching as the evening sun slowly descended. He had a fruit in his hand and was eating while looking down at the ground.

Kira looked on at disbelief at Theron's foolishness.

"As much as alcohol could help with this situation it also created it." She remarked, taking a seat with a partly open mouth and staring eyes.

- - - - -

Solaris gave a bemused smile for once, followed by a chuckle at the idea of his armor being used for target practice, and lifted up the drink Kire got him in response to the android.

"Turn my armor into scrap for target practice and I'll need to test how well KABS works as a replacement. Call it an additional stress test." With the jest returned he gave a quick glance to the bartender. "On the other hand, how are you going to get the bar to accept Vegetto as the one picking up the tab?"

Mioi made a nervous laugh, ruffling her hair bashfully. "Well, he certainly is an enigma... at first glance he looks like what the daughter unit would call the "nerd", but he truly is a mystery beyond the surface level. You could say that for just about any of them, considering that I have not spent too much time with them on a personable level..." Mioi trailed off. She wondered how much trust actually existed among members of the group; Vegetto was less than accepting of the fact multiple people were now in a position to give orders and it made Mioi rather nervous. She couldn't tell if it was due to lack of faith in their capability or some subconscious need to shoulder every duty on his own. But how many of us want to do the same so we are not perceived as weak? She thought to herself before shaking her head to clear her mind.

"Speaking of which, I ought to go check that he and Lord Vegetto don't try to kill each other in a drinking contest. I overheard mentions of a bar around here, so that's probably where they all are now." Mioi stood up and retrieved her rifle resting against the wall as she said her goodbye to Cheelai. "I'll be seeing you later."

Several minutes later, Mioi showed up to the bar after stowing her newly-acquired weapon away safely. She looked around with her hands loosely in her baggy pant pockets before announcing her presence to the others. "Looks lively around here. One margarita for me, please. Large." She asked the bartender before taking a seat on one of the stools. "So what did I miss?" She asked Solaris, while giving Theron and Kire a side-eye for being the most obviously drunk ones of the bunch at the moment. "I thought Lord Vegetto would be here trying to down as many kegs of beer as possible..."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom