What classes are you currently taking?

~ Z ~

Black Jacket
With many of us in school, we all have our classes. Some we picked and some we didn't. Why don't you tell us what classes you have and how you feel about your schedule? Are you okay with your classes or do you wish you had new ones? Are your classes mostly to your major/what you want to study or are they just random classes to boost your GPA? How's your teacher? Are your friends in there? Let us know what you think! ​

class.jpg

I'm currently taking:

American Democracy and Life in the Cosmos. The former in order to fulfil my history requirement and well, learn more history. The latter is to explore my interest of space and the sort.

General Chemistry: Bio Gen Ed requirement and I have to take it before I can more on to Organic Chemistry or something similar for Premed requirement. With lab.

Intro to Native American Studies: this class is fully online, and I had to fulfill a nonwestern class apparently. Where I live, Native American culture is a big component of the state's history and we have a lot of museums for the state's tribes (i.e. Chikasaw Nation, etc). Most nonwestern cultures interest me anyway, so I thought this would pair well with my Sociology class I took in the Fall. Native American units were always skimmed over in my hiigh school history classes, so it would be a good learning opportunity that also helps me have an easier time managing a good GPA. 

Understanding Dance: Fulfills my Understanding art Form requirement and is an easy A so I can focus more on Chemistry and Precalc/Trigonometry. Not to mention I'd like to learn dance styles and maybe use that to actually learn dancing.

Precalculus/Trigonometry: Have to to get to physics. A nice brain stimulant when Chemistry numbs my brain. 

So Dance and NAS will help me with the GPA bit and with staying relaxed. Since 3 stressful classes last semeter might have cost me a 3.69 GPA.

Honors ELA 11
Honors US History
PHYSICS
Band
Chinese II
Apart from Band, all of these classes fulfill a required credit that I need to graduate from High School Bl

Currently taking Figurative Drawing and Drawing 1.

Also drawing naked models is rather intense when you actually focus on the drawings. Hopefully, next semester, I'll try to take another math class and some science classes.

~ Z ~ said:

Also drawing naked models is rather intense when you actually focus on the drawings. Hopefully, next semester, I'll try to take another math class and some science classes.

Nekkid ppl with a leaf on the junk? :kat:

This dance class isn't as boring as I thought it would be since you get to learn background and interpret different dance forms. It's mainly Western Europe tho.

Welding Technology Basic Certification:

Oxy-Fuel Cutting
Intro to SMAW
Intro to Gmaw
Intro to Tmaw
Intro to Fcaw
Layout and Fabrication
Blueprint reading

Its pretty rough but ill handle it.

LoopyPanda said:
~ Z ~ said:

Nekkid ppl with a leaf on the junk? :kat:

This dance class isn't as boring as I thought it would be since you get to learn background and interpret different dance forms. It's mainly Western Europe tho.

Nope, the leaf is missing.

I feel like my drawing classes have improved me a bit. I'll try to put some before and after to show you guys later on.

SPINAL said:
Welding Technology Basic Certification:

Oxy-Fuel Cutting
Intro to SMAW
Intro to Gmaw
Intro to Tmaw
Intro to Fcaw
Layout and Fabrication
Blueprint reading

Its pretty rough but ill handle it.

Jesus man, you're taking all those classes?!

I'm currently taking
SSCI - 306: Expository Writing
HIST - 350: British Colonies
HUM - 340: Interpretation and Values <- I swear this class is like a wild theories course about how evil the Government is. I'm waiting for the whole jet fuel doesn't melt steel to pop up.

As of now, the classes I'm currently taking is:

Web Design - Basic: I wanted to expand my ability to code and create websites. So I'm once again learning html and CSS, in order to see where that takes me.

American History through Films: A interesting course to analyzed and determined how films accurate described American history and how it influenced people's view on it.

Non Western World: A class where we talk about countries in "third world countries" to see that some of them are quite on par with the western.

Currently retaking Statistic 2023. Love the prof so far and I REALLY hope I pass that class since it's the only one I need to graduate.

I'm also taking DIG 1302. This is a digital animation class and I'm super excited to start going into the field I personally want to go in.

Gonna be taking 3D Animation, Motion Capture, Music Technology and an internship starting Friday

Physics 2414: Physics for Life Sciences. Basically non-engineering physics introductory course. Linked with a discussion course where I do the homework stuff and tests. Corequisite is a 1 credit lab that has its own practical and final. Sounds as sticklerish as any Chem lab is.

Sociology Introductory class: it is what it is. Lots of essays.

Organic Chemistry 1, essentially life science chemistry that you have to pass the 2 inorganic chem semesters to take.

Evolution: Biology major course, looks interesting at a glance. Hopefully we don't get some creationists, but hey, if it makes the lecture interesting. Lol

Lots of coursework, but I couldn't fit statistics in. I need it kind of asap. Lol

Starting April 3rd, I'll taking the next quarter courses.

Firstly, I'm taking HIST-594, essentially an research seminar. Looks like I have to write out an scholarly history research paper for this semester. Thankfully, I have all the sources (primary and secondary) from HIST-494 in regards to Iran-US relations.

Then, I'm taking an Introduction to Creative Writing. This is just a elective in order to received enough units to be considered "Full-Time". Since, I was originally supposed to graduate this semester, but all the United States History courses seems to disappeared this Spring Quarter. :pls: 

Finally, I'm taking an Social Science course. I think. Don't know what it entails, but again, an elective in order to get the required units to be considered full time. Hopefully, college won't be as draining as last quarter where I literally had to read, examined and analysis around 16 books (220+ pages) and dozens of sources :wagh:

Right now its (if i literally translate it) Law and Criminology in Society. Its about current issues in the world like illegal immigration and other problems that have been arising in society. It's pretty interesting. Though i'm retaking it because i didnt pass it last year bc of reasons. xD

Back
Top Bottom