A Personality in Anime You Dislike?

The worst one is when the character in question actually brings up a good point, only for the MC to say "well, yeah, but you're a poopnose, so there." I remember seeing this page that showcase that issue where a guy brought up great points how whaling was bad, only for the MC to dismissed it because some trolls say means thing on Twitter, as if that invalidite his points.

this whack-ass anatomy
35e.jpg

ShineCero said:
The worst one is when the character in question actually brings up a good point, only for the MC to say "well, yeah, but you're a poopnose, so there." I remember seeing this page that showcase that issue where a guy brought up great points how whaling was bad, only for the MC to dismissed it because some trolls say means thing on Twitter, as if that invalidite his points.

1f292f2b53f7b21667ac511389ae21c333eb7426_250768_1128_1600.png

This is the one I'm talking about. Whereas an character brings up an valid point, but it is dismissed immediately. Does a bunch of trolls on twitter jackasses? No doubt, but how does it invalidate the man's argument that whaling is and always has been, uncivilized customs?

Yeah, I don't think edgy twitter is remotely comparable to whaling and forced female sterilization, as terrible as the Tsunami was... if they really wanted a jab at Westerners, they should have used a better example if they wanted to do a "gotcha"

I feel some projection emanating from that page

Yeah. I think any writers, from any medium, that chose to write something, especially an controversial topic at that, should probably be a little more better in providing some arguments that doesn't fall on twitter trolls.

It's basically the same mindset of "if you kill him, you'll be just as bad as him."

Nick said:
When one of the 'sucked into a game' anime pops up but never mentions it ever again, like its some cheap marketing gag at this point

Doubles if they managed to become the most OP thing in the entire world, despite being transported there. Many "transfer to another world" thing is pretty tiring nowadays.

When an ability in question seems to look "cool", but when you apply some logic into it, it falls apart. I'm looking at you My Hero Academia.

ShineCero said:
When an ability in question seems to look "cool", but when you apply some logic into it, it falls apart. I'm looking at you My Hero Academia.

Then One Piece should be in that category too.. but I think that at one point you need to stop thinking realistically to be able to enjoy super powered series because youre always gonna find an error. XD

I hate it when there are characters that unnecessarily scream too much.. looking at you black clover..

I CANNOT FUCKING STAND the "Assumed Pervert" cliche. Hate it, hate it, hate it, hate it, hate it! Where some dude (usually the main character) is running somewhere, he runs into a girl (usually with Big Anime Boobs) and when they both fall over, his hand is suddenly grabbing her boob. She then proceeds to beat the absolute shit out of him every time they meet, simply because of that one fateful encounter. I hate it so much

I personally hate it when it starts off with a strong idea/premise but then it becomes predictable like all hell or loses the focus of what the show is about. I personally think Attack On Titan falls under this because it started off very good and strong, with relatable characters (To a degree), interesting plot, and new ideas. Sadly, from what I have seen and heard, the show/manga is getting a lot of plotholes and most of the 'twists' are either predictable or outright dumb for the story.

Ploep said:
ShineCero said:

Then One Piece should be in that category too.. but I think that at one point you need to stop thinking realistically to be able to enjoy super powered series because youre always gonna find an error. XD

I hate it when there are characters that unnecessarily scream too much.. looking at you black clover..

True, but usually, I'm up for most things, but sometimes, even the story itself, the power doesn't work xD Stain's powers is literally magic (which I don't mind... but they seems to applied some logic in the quirk and his quirk is based on nothing... it just magic)

I hate it when Dubbed Animes take a line such as "Please to meet you" and turned it into something completely different, changing the context. *ahem*, Broly Dubbed Trailer.

This is very specific, but I really hate it when a character asks someone a question, and the reply just seems to be a completely unrelated statement that never answers the question .

Example:

Person A: You know, a lot of bad things happened to me in my life... I live in fear because of it now. Will you help me?
Person B: ... You know a place where I can fix my armor

Like.. answer the question you bastard!!!

LoopyPanda said:
This is very specific, but I really hate it when a character asks someone a question, and the reply just seems to be a completely unrelated statement that never answers the question .

Example:

Person A: You know, a lot of bad things happened to me in my life... I live in fear because of it now. Will you help me?
Person B: ... You know a place where I can fix my armor

Like.. answer the question you bastard!!!

What anime did this? :lmao:

Ah xD

One of the things I hate in animes is when a character is talking about something serious; usually that affects their lives and possibilities others, and the other character always goes

"Main-Character-Kun....." and that's it.

Right now I guess im having an overdose of those too high pitched overly active female voice characters...i cant handle those anymore :katcry:
Also when annoying characters don't get called out for their annoying behaviour. Makes the show really hard to watch imo haha.

When dubbed anime change the arrangement of words for a sentence that is fairly important to not mess up the context for.

Example: in Elfen Lied, Chief Kurama secretly had a daughter named Mariko who was a Diclonius like Lucy (the main character/villain), but nobody knew about it except people at the facility, but it was assumed Kurama euthanized her. After Lucy defeats Nana, Kurama stops her and helps Nana (well, he mostly picks her up since she lost all her limbs), and Lucy overhears Nana call Kurama "papa" (she isn't his kid)

In the original, it goes like this:
Lucy: "Papa"? Isn't your daughter supposed to be dead?
Kurama: Yes. I killed her!

Dub:
Lucy: "Papa" is it? Too bad, it looks like your daughter (referring to Nana?) is dead.
Kurama: Yes... I killed her!

Another example is that when Nana disables Lucy's vectors, the context is massively changed:

JPN: Damn you! [My vectors] won't come out! What did you do?!
ENG: My eyes!!! ....Still there (I guess this means she could still see?)... What did you do?!

The same words are in the sentence, but the way they arranged very easily changes the context that helps the viewer pick up on things about the story that are covered later in the anime. So it kinda bugs me sometimes they unintentionally hide little things like that.

LoopyPanda said:
When dubbed anime change the arrangement of words for a sentence that is fairly important to not mess up the context for.

Example: in Elfen Lied, Chief Kurama secretly had a daughter named Mariko who was a Diclonius like Lucy (the main character/villain), but nobody knew about it except people at the facility, but it was assumed Kurama euthanized her. After Lucy defeats Nana, Kurama stops her and helps Nana (well, he mostly picks her up since she lost all her limbs), and Lucy overhears Nana call Kurama "papa" (she isn't his kid)

In the original, it goes like this:
Lucy: "Papa"? Isn't your daughter supposed to be dead?
Kurama: Yes. I killed her!

Dub:
Lucy: "Papa" is it? Too bad, it looks like your daughter (referring to Nana?) is dead.
Kurama: Yes... I killed her!

Another example is that when Nana disables Lucy's vectors, the context is massively changed:

JPN: Damn you! [My vectors] won't come out! What did you do?!
ENG: My eyes!!! ....Still there (I guess this means she could still see?)... What did you do?!

The same words are in the sentence, but the way they arranged very easily changes the context that helps the viewer pick up on things about the story that are covered later in the anime. So it kinda bugs me sometimes they unintentionally hide little things like that.

Stay away from Funimation's Dragon Ball Super then because they completely changed a lot of sentences and contexts in their wording; it definitely exemplifies during the Tournament of Power; such as Champa (JP) saying that Goku's limits has no bounds, somehow became in English: Oh, Goku is just the weird of weirds... like what.

:thonk: when the character has an ultimate attack that they trained for an entire arc for, only to not use it ever again in the next arcs that followed.

Back
Top Bottom