Things you hate about school?

Yo wtf... nobody should want to be on that show just for the infamy of it

I also hate when the professor makes the test material so extensive that you don't know what to study more so you end up either studying the wrong things or not studying one thing hard enough

~ Z ~ said:
ShineCero said:
I also hates students who never shut the hell up and wants to challenge authority when a teacher is lecturing. It's mainly high school (and especially freshmen year) and never college, but christ :wagh:

YES. YES. YES.

I HATE the kids who think they're super tough and cool just because they talk back to a teacher. It doesn't make you cool or funny! It makes you look like an annoying prick. UGH. You talking back to a teacher is such a disrespect to not only the teacher but the students who are trying to learn. 

There was this one incident in my college class (My freshman year) that this one kid would always talk back to the professor or crack jokes during class. It was super annoying and I absolutely hated it. It didn't make it better that the dude has his BFF from high school supporting his dumb actions. One day, a student in my class had enough and called him out. Long story short, it went a little something like this.

Prof: *Talking about stuff and tells Prick to get off his cell phone.*
Prick: Yeah, okay whatever... *ignores and continues.*
Prof: Sir, please get off your cell phone, I won't tell you again.
Prick: *Laughs with friend* Yeah, okay Prof, gimmie a sec.
Chad: YO, get off your damn phone! You're seriously being a little bitch right now.

*The two argue for a bit before the Chad student lays it down on the kid.*

Chad: You ain't funny. Go home with your friend and suck each other off since that's all you seem to do. Anyways, Prof, why don't you just call security, I wanna see them say half this shit to a security, they ain't got the balls.

Since then, the main prick never came back to class and his buddy never opened his mouth to say a word, almost like he was shy or something. Ironic since he couldn't keep his mouth shut earlier...

:pls: Holy shit! Serves him right; shouldn't be talking in fucking class then. Guess he won't be able to graduate in a daily manner if he's dropping classes every time he gets called out.

Like jesus christ dude, if you're going to talk all that shit in class, why even come to the first time? Just ditch or dropped out. Quit wasting other people's time to get an education because you want 15 minutes of fame.

Akiria said:
The people who would talk about their sexual endeavors from the weekend (or even previous night) in normal conversation. 

And, there was also one girl, who, I was in my senior year, and she was a freshman. I was heading to class, and I heard her exclaim to her friend, 'Oh! It's my dream to be on 16 and Pregnant!' and her friend said 'OMG, I love that show! It'd be so cool to see you on there!' I was generally worried for her the rest of senior year

Yikes! Usually people who say that hadn't matured in a timely manner (since they are freshmen), but if they kept that same mindset in senior year... oh boy. Reminds me an episode of Law and Order: SVU.

I know I probably said this before, but I really hate when teacher asks a simple, SIMPLE question and the entire classroom goes radio silent for 5 minutes straight.

When you hit that point where you cannot get up before noon but all your classes are in the morning yet the sheer stress of school wont let you make it.

ShineCero said:
I know I probably said this before, but I really hate when teacher asks a simple, SIMPLE question and the entire classroom goes radio silent for 5 minutes straight.

They don't know the answer man! :wagh: I kinda hate that too. But what I hate more is when the Prof gives out the answer and suddenly everyone goes "Awww!" like they knew the answer. If you knew, then speak up! I fall into this category a lot but it's mostly because I'm not sure if I'm right or wrong.

Another thing: Saying an answer out loud full of confidence only for the teacher to say you're wrong. That happened to me a lot.   :deargod:

People don't fucking look in the school parking lots.

People who drive the wrong way in a one way school parking lot.

People who swerve around other cars in a school parking lot barely two cars wide.

People who get extremely pissed off in school parking lots if you're in they're way.

Generally, these are all the same person.

All of these situations happened to me over 4 years of high school and one semester of university.

Professors that makes unreasonable expectations of students for their essays. There was an English Teacher I had way back when, who practically flunked the entire class (myself included) because no one can read his thoughts on what he wanted. His lessons were drivel, never actually teach anything and expects you to think like him. 

He's pretty much the worst teacher in that Community College by far.

I hate it when I need to do my homework by the damn online course is down for the last 3 days. I'm lucky that I have Monday off, but man, I'm pissed.

After all the stuff @"LoopyPanda" told me about the frat boys and sorority students and the overall "Greek culture", I failed to see why the hell any university still continues to support this type of shit in their institutions. :thinks:

My ethics professor had an hour and 15 minute lecture that was a thinly disguised rant of how the entire class is noting but moral failings, our entire generation is effectively mentally disabled (he said we’re not using reason to decide our lives), and spoke about another uni professor both walking around nude in their house and encouraging incest. The same university.

Oh yeah! I gotta tell you guys about geometry class one year!

The way our Geometry teacher let us do work is, after he taught the lesson, we'd split into groups of 3, and he'd hand out the homework and the answers. He gave us the answers, because he wanted to see our work, and how we arrived at the answer. 

Simple enough. 

The two girls I was paired with were notoriously getting poor marks on all their homework, because they just copied the answers straight from the answer sheet to the homework, no work shown whatsoever. They decided they were sick of getting poor marks. I always got high marks because, like a normal person, I did what the teacher asked of us and showed the damn work. The two girls decided to start copying off my paper. When we got in our groups when class started to go over the previous night's homework, they'd wait until I had to go ask the teacher something, and would copy my work from my paper to theirs. It infuriated me, but, I couldn't prove they were doing it. And, on the days where I didn't ask the teacher something, they'd get poor marks from no work shown. 

On one of the days that I didn't need to ask the teacher something, however, one of them just straight up took the paper off my desk, and started copying it. Infuriated, I immediately took it back, crumpling it slightly, but, eh. I didn't care. Conversation that happened then is this:

Me: You can't keep copying my paper. I'm sick and tired of it. You're in 10th grade. Act like it.
Girl 1: Give it back! I need to finish!
Girl 2: Yeah! I and I haven't even started copying it yet!
Me: I'm not giving it back. It's my homework. Why do you need it? Just show the work yourselves. 
Girl 1: But the work is hard! And he just gives us the answers anyway! I don't see why we need to show how we got it.
Me: If you're having trouble, ask Mr. Riggleman (the teacher), or even call Ask Rose. I'm tired of you two copying my papers.
Girl 2: Well, you're in our group. That means you should help us!
Me: Yeah. Help you. Not let you copy my paper 5 minutes before he collects it. 
Girl 1: Just let me finish copying! I only got down, like, half an equation!
Me: Nope. ANd, goodbye ladies. I'm going to go ask Mr. Riggleman if I can switch groups, because I'm done with you both. 

And that's exactly what I did. And, after I showed him that they had been copying my work, with the girl only having 1 half an equation down, and he saw it was the same as mine, he switched me groups, and the girl  they got instead of me let them copy her papers, no problem. 

So. They didn't learn anything. But, oh well. They weren't my problem anymore, because I got away from them.

I hate classes that expect so much out of their students. These are the classes that expect you to do a billion things for one simple argument essay. I understand that you have to prove and validate your point/side during an argument, but I hate it when the professor makes an easy essay into something that takes more than a week to finish. 

"Okay class, you have a 500-word essay due a week from now. Please use a minimum of two credible sources."

Me: Huh, okay, not bad. I can do thi--

"However, you need to go to the writing lab and get at least 3 stamps from the tutors. After that, You need to bring me a physical copy and submit your actual essay online. Your essay must have a 1/4th-inch border all around. Only the actual part of your essay will count for the 500 words. Sources, title, name, and the cover page will not count towards the 500-word count. You cannot submit an essay more than 4 pages long and you are not allowed to use the same sources for future papers. Any questions?"

Me: Aw fuck.

One of the things that annoyed me about school is the complicated redundancy of getting sources, but only if they're books only. Then expect you to power read through 10 books in within 3 weeks to support your paper.

Being stuck in a group project where everyone except 1 person doesn't reply to your GroupMe messages, and you all agree in-class to make a shareable Google Docs and powerpoint, nobody has added fucking anything, and the presentation is due 5 days from now.

And worst part is you can't do any of your own work because your part is dependent on the others' being complete

Working at your old school and seeing how much its improved since you were there...

Being forced to take library courses that actually required hand-on learning online.... :wagh:

Bumping this up.

One thing I dislike about online discussion forums is where there is a required date to turn in your work and you missed it not once (which is okay, things happened), but you missed it so many times that you have to beg the professor to give you a extension through Zoom conference. I know people have a lot of stuff to do, but oof, sounds like the class isn't make to stuff if you can't turn in your work in time :pensive:

Back
Top Bottom