The Scorching Summit

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Yeah, non-natives isn't used to the raging temperature around here." Lava-Girl said. "Hmm, usually, they end up slicing Deimos left and right in there path and you'll hear the cries of them from miles.." Lava-Girl wondered. "Maybe it's not a Clan of Sword member?"

"He's not even merged. Dude, are you crazy?! Change before you burn alive!" Blud yells.

"I'll be okay." Nova replies.

He stands up and looks at everyone.

"Who's your friend?"

"Some mermaid who agreed to help us find you. She probably didn't notice you since you always look like a g**d*** statue!" Gozaboro yells.

"I am surprised to not have seen you at all when I passed by these lava banks." Ash's tail flicked a bit in the lava. "Looks like you've found what you were looking for, so I'll take my leave."

============

"Then that means they might have showed up alone..." Megumi suggested. "Which is either a good thing or a bad thing."

"It's been a while.." Lava Girl said. "I no longer sense any form of danger. Perhaps it was a false alarm?"

"Sure hope so." Megumi exhaled. "Man... and I was excited to be honest..." The teen stood back up and strapped her fan back on. "Say, since I'm gonna be here awhile now, we may as well check out the other places here. Can't imagine you like sitting in the same lava puddle all day." Megumi had little concern of the potential dangers laying among the lava plumes, but that was part of her reckless nature.

"I'm fine with that" Lava Girl chuckled the idea of sitting the same spot. 

"My family and I never much explore other parts of the island. To avoid running to these Swordsman, that is. Last time someone took the chance to explore from our group, never returned. So aside from rumors and talk, I don't know much about the island."

"There's probably way less lava around the edges of this whole island too. Makes it easy pickings I guess." Megumi popped her knuckles and scratched her chin. "Maybe there's some cool caves full of those purple rocks... what was it called... obsidian or something."

"From what Asuza told me it's some kind of special glass-rock thing that is hard to come by if you don't live by a volcano." Megumi replied. "She's got a huge collection of pretty rocks back home but I'm not allowed to touch 'em cause I'll mess up the energy flow or whatever."

"Interesting! Perhaps we should see if such a thing exist?" Lava Girl seems to be eager to find more of these "Obsidian" Megumi was talking about. "Perhaps I can show it to my people.." 

"Then let's go up this summit and find it! I bet it's in one of those caves that have tons of lava pools hangin' around." Megumi said excitedly. "I'll just use my fan to cool off, haha! Man, Asuza's gonna be sooooo happy when she sees all the cool stuff I'll get my hands on."

Lava Girl gave a warm smile. "Then let's not waste anymore haste, shall we?" Lava Girl proceed to walk through the summit about those "Obsidian" Megumi spoke of.

As they ventured further up the Summit, Megumi laughed. "Hey, I felt my ears pop! We must be getting pretty high in altitude." She spotted a dark cave with very little light radiating from within. 

"That one probably doesn't have much lava in it... I s'pose we just keep searching until we come across a well-lit cave entrance."

"Y-yeah.." Lava Girl wasn't use to traveling through high places. She feels her stomach tying itself into knots. "I just hope we don't run into problems.."

"If we do, I'm sure we could take care of it. After all, lava's hot! Probably way hotter than fire by itself... but I'm not a scientist." Megumi said, straining her voice as she climbed atop a set of rocks. "Smells like soot... and I think I feel more heat coming from the direction we're headed. So we should be getting closer."

"Though if I can't put a dent in anything, I guess our best bet would just be to flee, haha..."

“That’s a more preferable option!” Lava Girl responded. “If anything, I can at least release some lava out of my hands onto the enemies, to slow them down at least. Though, it might not be as effective since I can only release little bits at a time…” Lava Girl felt ashamed when she said that. She was concern of the cave that Megumi spoke of. Rocks even her family never know? This made her excited to search for these minerals. “At any rate if the cave gets too dark, I can light up my entire body for us to see.”

"Sounds like a plan! What about this cave? Looks kind of funny." Megumi pointed up the slope at a cavern entrance that had a strange formation; it didn't look natural, or at least it didn't look as natural as the other caves. 

"Maybe that one's got the goodies we want."

"Huh, you're right!" Lava Girl, curious of the strange rock formation. "I don't think I ever been this deep into the island myself. Let's check it out and see if those goodies are there!"

Megumi rushed her way up the slope and into the cavern's opening with little hesitation.

Upon entering the cave, there were smoldering torches that provided a low light for the cave's carved-out corridor. Strange symbols were carved into the walls.

"Weird. Looks like a bunch of scribbles to me!" Megumi remarked.

Lava Girl followed behind her and entered the cave. Her eyes dart to the wall-drawings, causing her curiosity to examine it. "What weird drawings... looks like someone lived here for a while to make these things. Judging by the torches, maybe it's an ancient civilization?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom