The Scorching Summit

Status
Not open for further replies.
LoopyPanda said:
"I got plenty of time." Megumi stretched to pop parts of her back. "I don't mind hangin' around here for a bit. I have to plan out the other places I'm gonna look in later."

"Alright!" Lava-Papa said with a smile as he left to attend to the item-making process. 

Lava Girl stay with Megumi, wanting to help her of locating her friend. "Hmm, If she hasn't land around here, she could be across the ocean, if you knocked her off that far away, anyways."

"I am Dragoon! I respect your power and your lineage, but I will not fear it! We seek a friend wearing orange armor that looks like a dragon's maw! He always has a sour disposition and doesn't say much. If he's not in here, we won't waste any more of anyone's time and keep looking." Blud confidently states.

Gozaboro readies his wrist guns and shoulder cannon just in case...he gets bored.

"Yeah I guess so. Maybe I could check the mainland again towards the west coast..." Megumi sat on a rock to contemplate things.

"What a pain!" She groaned. "But I deserve it..."
=========

"I haven't seen another imitation like that walking around here, nor would I allow trespassers." Growled the dragon. 

"You would have a better chance of finding non-Dragonborn at the top of this summit from scaling the mountains with which we have our caves."

"Oh man, so there are monsters that live here, huh..." A man spoke to himself as he swiped a bead of sweat off his forehead. "I liked it better when they didn't send me to such places.." He held his tesla gun out, looking around for monsters. "Oh monsters! Come get some fresh, fried bacon right here!"​

LoopyPanda said:
"Yeah I guess so. Maybe I could check the mainland again towards the west coast..." Megumi sat on a rock to contemplate things.

Lava Girl felt bad for Megumi that she couldn't find her friend here. Though, at least she can compensate her with various items so cheer this "Asuza" up, she thought to herself. "I think she'll understand." Lava Girl. "You seems very close, so I can see letting you off eas-" Lava Girl narrowed her eyes and turned around. "Th-there's a strange presence.."

"Huh?" Megumi cupped her ear and closed her left eye, straining to catch what Lava Girl was referencing. "Yeah, I hear a loudmouth shoutin'. Is that one-a the Clan of Sword people you were talkin about?"

LoopyPanda said:
"Huh?" Megumi cupped her ear and closed her left eye, straining to catch what Lava Girl was referencing. "Yeah, I hear a loudmouth shoutin'. Is that one-a the Clan of Sword people you were talkin about?"

"I-it's possible.." Lava Girl sweated. "I have to alert my father and get out of here before he comes to our territory."

"Damn. And I thought I wouldn't get into any trouble. Ah well." Megumi stood up from her spot. "Nothing I can do about that, can I? I suppose I ought to lend a hand since you're saving my hide from getting toasted. Guess I'm not the only one crazy enough to show up around here." Then she smirked a bit. 

"Maybe I can have a little fun?"

"Yo-you're gonna confront them!?" Lava Girl had a worried tone. "It could be one of those clan of sword guys!"

"Then that'd be even better. Knock 'em down a few pegs." Megumi's smirk grew. "Besides, if I launched Asuza that far, I might be able to do it a second time. I ain't a slouch. And if there isn't anything out there, I can just come back in one piece."

LoopyPanda said:

=========

"I haven't seen another imitation like that walking around here, nor would I allow trespassers." Growled the dragon. 

"You would have a better chance of finding non-Dragonborn at the top of this summit from scaling the mountains with which we have our caves."

"I appreciate your help. We'll be on our way." Blud says with a bow.

"I still haven't gotten to shoot anything." Gozaboro complains.

"We've been here 10 minutes. Stop whining and let's keep moving."

He turns and leaves the cave with his bullet crazy friend behind him.

LoopyPanda said:
"Then that'd be even better. Knock 'em down a few pegs." Megumi's smirk grew. "Besides, if I launched Asuza that far, I might be able to do it a second time. I ain't a slouch. And if there isn't anything out there, I can just come back in one piece."

"You are certainly a brave young warrior." Lava Girl said. "I'll alert my family of what's going on. Please be careful."

"Nobody's coming out..?" The man questioned himself, looking around some more before tapping his head.

"And here I thought I could help out a little while having some fun, you know? Oh well, maybe they're hiding a little further in.." He walked forward, continuing his search for monsters.

"You too." Megumi left their area and followed the path they went, though she was careful to not step into any ash piles.

There were plenty of dead trees around, but she couldn't find any more hiding places. 

Megumi cupped her ear to try and guess how close she was to whoever entered based on the echoes. Do Deimos count as monsters?

=============

"No luck here then." Ash flicked her lava tail about as she swam with Blud and Gozaboro. "Hmm... the guy you're looking for, is he a solitary kind of guy? The dragons here are pretty antisocial but you heard Oros. Plenty of them are territorial."

"Yeah. Real stiff, that one." Blud states. "He normally wouldn't start a fight, but if provoked."

"I wouldn't put it past him to smash one of these volcanos in his rage! Haha hahahaha!" Gozaboro cackles.

"Regardless. You've been a great help. Is there anything edible for a human around here? Or a water source? Something he might have gone after. I really don't feel like telling Eve we couldn't find that stupid Volcanohead."

LoopyPanda said:
"You too." Megumi left their area and followed the path they went, though she was careful to not step into any ash piles.

There were plenty of dead trees around, but she couldn't find any more hiding places. 

Megumi cupped her ear to try and guess how close she was to whoever entered based on the echoes. Do Deimos count as monsters?

Lava Girl went to her father, alerting him about the possible presence of a Clan of Sword member. Lava-Papa sweated a bit, but he sighs as he knew it was only a matter of time anyways.

"Don't worry, we'll round everyone up and get away from here if things goes south. He might end up killing other monsters and Deimos around here." Lava Papa looked around. "Where's Megumi?" He asked.

"Megumi said she'll take care of it.." Lava Girl said. "But, I felt like I should go with her.."

Lava-Papa narrowed his eyes. "I-I see, she's must be confident of her abilities." He paused for a moment. "I think you should follow her. You know the area better than any of us here.. but just be careful and come back if things doesn't get too bright."

"I will." Lava Girl ran off to find Megumi.

"Hm... I suppose there is, but anything that humans can eat that isn't burnt is wayyy out of this summit. We are on an island, but the closest body of water is by the shores. You'll know when the soot on the ground starts looking like it's mixing with sand. Closer by the shore is where you could probably find bits of obsidian." Ash replied after contemplating. "A freshwater spot isn't unheard of. The rain just never reaches the summit. Any water besides that, you'd have the same amount of effort looking through one of the empty caves."

"I can guide you to the caves, but to the shores, I can't. Freshwater is much likelier deep in the caves than by the shore."

===============

Damn, this place is hot... I hope I don't end up camping here all day. Megumi tugged at her shirt to try and cool herself off.

"Oh. There he is." Blud notices.

He points over to the lava river bank, where Nova is sitting on a rock, staring into the flowing liquid rock.

"What the hell?! He's not even hiding! Yo, Volcanohead! What're you doing?!" Gozaboro yells.

Nova looks up, then back to the river.

"This place just reminds me of home. Have you seen the others?" he asks.

"We're literally here because Eve asked us to find you." Blud answers, annoyed.

LoopyPanda said:
Damn, this place is hot... I hope I don't end up camping here all day. Megumi tugged at her shirt to try and cool herself off.

"W-wait for me!" Lava Girl shouted as she trying to catch up to her. She let out deep breaths from running. "I'm.. I'm going to help you.."

"Guess he was hiding in plain sight?" Ash said, though it caught her off guard that she hadn't noticed him, being a creature that basked in the lava rivers.

=======

"Sound good to me. This place is making me sweat buckets." Megumi wiped her forehead, cheeks red. "And it's messing with my stealth. I'm glad I have backup at least. I haven't a clue who's out there making so much racket."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom