The Scorching Summit

Status
Not open for further replies.
LoopyPanda said:
"Eh? What's up? Did one of the monsters around here wake up from the lava nap or something?" Megumi asked Lava Girl. "If they're nothing but flames I could probably blow their lights out, haha! But if they attack like Asuza does, I'll gladly take any other direction."

"Yes.." Lava Girl turns to Megumi. "I don't have much skill in terms of battling, but my race is able to sense the presence of other creatures, in order to determine whether or not it's worth the effort to go through. I don't know much about your battling skill, and I'm willingly believe that you're a strong one, especially if you managed to knock away your friend to vast distances.. but the monsters here are rather.. as you can say, aggressive? They aren't very kind to.. um.. those sword fighters that come over here for their little training. First human face they see and they would jumped on them." Lava Girl turns to another path. "It's best to avoid getting into groups of demons by crossing this path.."

"No arguments there. For once, I can't actually be getting into fights." Megumi laughed. 

==========

"Me." The voice came from the nearby lava stream. It was a woman whose skin was pitch black save for several white freckles, but with fiery hair. She had been resting her arms on the dirt outside the stream with her lava tail sticking out and swishing in between the flowing magma. "I'm not too sure if I've seen a guy around here like that. Humans aren't too welcome here. But one that uses lava?... haven't heard of such an ability for a human to have."

"Alright, let's be on our way." Lava Girl said, going to another path. "It should take us longer than the other path, but it'll be safer that way."

"We're not your typical humans." Blud replies.

"Human doesn't quite meet our standard! And if you're not helping, you're-!" Gozaboro starts, aiming his wrist at her.

Blud puts a hand on his teammate.

"Try not to get yourself killed. Anyway, he wouldn't look like a human if he were here. He'd look closer to an orange dragon on two legs. Seen one of those?" asks the Fist.

"We've got plenty of Dragons in the lava caves around here. I wouldn't go into them but I could lead you into them to check. I don't see them much since I tend to nap here." Said the mermaid, looking rather indifferent to Gozaboro's threat. "Though I suppose if you don't need my guidance, I'll leave you to be crushed to death in one of their maws. Assuming they don't throw you in a volcano to die or something. Human or not." 
===========

"Lead the way." Megumi yawned.

Lava Girl was taking Megumi to another path - deem safer from the one they were originally going. Soon, they arrived at a spot where materials were extremely bright and could leave one blind if one stare directly at it. "Ah, we're nearly there. I'm sure my folks can carve up something nice for your friend. Might want to protect your eyes though."

"You think that scares me?!" Gozaboro boasts.

"It should. I'm the one who can walk through lava, ya twit." Blud says, bonking him. "We'll take any help you can give us."

"Is there that much shiny stuff you got around here?" Megumi had her eyes squinted due to how bright the light itself was.

======

"Very well. Though I can't say whether or not you might find some unfriendly demons around here. Though I'm sure you don't need me to sort things out. Follow me." The mermaid stated as she began to swim with her head above the lava, tail making flecks of it as she swam upstream. 

"The caves themselves... are pretty dark." She said between dives.

"That won't be an issue. We got it covered." Blud states.

He follows her by running through the lava as Gozaboro runs along the river bank.

"The dark is my sanctum! My sanctuary!" the Black Knight boasts.

"Yeah.. my family as a knack for creating some material here, so they tend to be super bright" Lava Girl responded to Megumi. "It serves as a way to give it to humans to avoid slaughtering us.. and can be used as an defense mechanism to draw away your people and other monsters that steps in our little community.." Lava Girl continued. "The Clan of Swords, especially.." They arrived of what it appears small community of demons that bears similarity to that of Lava Girl. All resting at the pond of lava. "We're here.."

"Clan of Swords, huh? I came from that region there, but I don't live there anymore." Megumi pushed on her tinted goggles in order to see amongst all the bright light a bit better. 

"It feels like I'm standin' on the surface of the sun!"
======================

Eventually, they came to a large cave network, the cave walls lit by the continuing lava stream that trailed into it. The mermaid popped her head out of the lava. "This is one of the cave networks. Hopefully you'll find the one you're looking for in there. If not, there are plenty of other caves to go spelunking into."

"Really? You never joined the Clan of Swords?" Lava Girl said. Before she can ask a followed up question, she was interrupted by a tall, lava-like demon.

"Who goes there?" One of the lava-demon said. "Lava Girl? Is that you?"

"Yes, Lava-Papa. I brought someone with us." Lava Girl said as both of them greeted each other with a hug. 

"I.. see.. she's not here to kill us.. is she?" Lava-Papa said. "We- we don't have much.."

"No, she's here because she's looking for someone. I thought you guys might seen someone that she's seeking. She's friendly and doesn't have anything associated with other humans from what I seen so far." Lava Girl responded.

"Hm.." Lava-Papa turns to Megumi. "Are you actually looking for someone?" He questioned.

"Yeah, I'm not interested in running around and being all goody-goody or whatever it is those kinds of organizations do." Megumi remarked casually. "Not my thing. It ain't Asuza's either."

"I thought Asuza'd be around here since she uses fire too, and maybe she'd have teleported her way here or something when I sent her flying that far. But no worries, I'm not looking to kill you guys. I'm lucky to not be a piece of barbecue yet." She went silent for a while. "Is that a hobby of those Clan members to come down here and pay you a visit?" She wouldn't have been surprised, given the last kind of group she was with not long ago enjoyed doing those kinds of things.

"Thanks for your help. We can handle this from here." Blud walks away, waving.

"Yo, Volcano Head! Get out here, you lazy bum!" Gozaboro yells.

LoopyPanda said:
"Yeah, I'm not interested in running around and being all goody-goody or whatever it is those kinds of organizations do." Megumi remarked casually. "Not my thing. It ain't Asuza's either."

"I thought Asuza'd be around here since she uses fire too, and maybe she'd have teleported her way here or something when I sent her flying that far. But no worries, I'm not looking to kill you guys. I'm lucky to not be a piece of barbecue yet." She went silent for a while. "Is that a hobby of those Clan members to come down here and pay you a visit?" She wouldn't have been surprised, given the last kind of group she was with not long ago enjoyed doing those kinds of things.

"Well, we haven't seen anyone landed here, so it's possible that friend of yours might be another location." Lava-Papa said. "Yes.. those Clan of Swords.. they have the tendency of using us as practice. They live to battle and destroy everything in their path-- however, they usually don't get a lot of missions, so they visit islands for their own amusement to get rid of their boredom.." Lava-Papa felt disgusted as he said the last bit. "They're.. far more scarier than any Deimos.." 

The rest of the people expressed in sadness within their eyes. One of the mother held an item close to her heart as "fire-like" tears ran down from her cheeks, towards the ground. 

"We lost a lot of our people here, so we have to take refugee away from here." Lava-Papa said. "Sorry that we're a bit hostile towards you."

"Who dares call me Volcano Head!?" Roared a voice from the cave, which quickly filled with smoke, seeming to come from a large creature. "I will burn you where you stand for your insolence!" 

"That probably wasn't a good idea..." the Lava mermaid said, hearing the fire Dragon's roar from her spot.
=============
"Sounds like a bunch of blowhards to me." Megumi said, though the statement seemed rather arrogant-sounding. "Sorry to hear that." 

She'd be a hypocrite if she'd condemn it since she was one of those kinds of people. Though she tended to pick fights with people rather than just outright hunt down the poor things. Not that it was any better. She just didn't care.

"Guess it'd be best for ya to. No worries! Maybe they'd have some fun with me if I cross some of their paths! Either way, I won't have much use searching this whole place for a girl that isn't here. Though Lava Girl here said you guys could maybe make somethin' cool? Asuza's uh, pretty miffed at me I'm sure. I gotta at least make it up to her." Megumi scratched her head.

"Ah! You must be talking about the gems that can be presented to you." Lava-Papa said. "My people are experts of crafting beautiful items. If you give one to your friend, I'm sure they'll love it." Lava-Papa alerted two persons to created something to give to Megumi. "It'll take a moment though. Is that fine?"

"I got plenty of time." Megumi stretched to pop parts of her back. "I don't mind hangin' around here for a bit. I have to plan out the other places I'm gonna look in later."

"I got this." Blud says confidently.

He steps up and raises his palms.

"You fight a master of Fire Dragon style. You really want to continue?" he taunts.

"You speak to a dragon with as much insolence!?" The Dragon opens its maw again to roar at them. "I'll bisect your from your torso with my bite alone, you imitation lizard!" It growled angrily.

"Ease up, Oros. They're looking for someone. Don't waste your time arguing with some loudmouths." The mermaid was laid lazily over the river edge, looking at their nails boredly. "Have you seen some guy with a volcano for a head or something?"

"As if any lower ranking inhabitant around here would have the gall to set foot in my cave, Ash." The Dragon blew smoke from its nostrils in her direction. "What do these runts want from me besides a crushing of their bones?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom