The Reality Vortex: Red Reputations

Status
Not open for further replies.
May reacted very quickly and simply blown off the head that tried to force feed her. May says coldly "I will eat wend the main business tokes is over and not before." May thinks that the head shot was good warning because once more this is the vertex. May seems unphased by Spina attract almost she expected it as well. May thinks "So the question of whom would attack first."

May says to the king and so other people can hear her "oddly that makes a lot of since. This group is a bit trouble prone, so you mostly want to use that fact to get stronger Xy'phers. I even think you don't want to risk turning us in to Xy'phers only because there is a chance that that may mess-up the group's trouble prone nature as well the fact you don't know if that nature you don't know have an expiration date." May thinks "Heck form what I heard most of them; all they did was hang out at an apartment since the end of the doom fight and trouble came to them. The fact Cross did not order those that token the changes in their place to kill and take their coins was actually merciful."

May says "I get that explains way the control room got hit."

Spina fell to his bottom against the hard floor. Just like Bage, he turned to see if the Knights were ordered to do what Atomic Flare had declared. It’s a likely deduction. Yet, the Knights haven’t moved an inch from their spot. They were like statues with no killing intent.

The old Saiyan rose, feeling irritated from Atomic Flare’s actions. Whatever she did, just how she turned Spawn’s attack into a pretty rock, she somehow forced their chairs to slip away from them. There was a sense of familiarity with this one—as if he fought her once. Before he could go even further, the sudden rush of the Knights pushing the chairs from behind and force-feeding him as they shovel food down his throat. “Argckck!!” He mumbled angrily.

Just as the others, Detective Spawn was force-fed after his attack fail to even reach the Red King. However, as food was being shoved into his mouth and his cheeks full, he expected as much. The hellspawn figured that simply attacking the Red King straight one would be futile. He wanted to see how fast his lackeys will go to protect him. And based on Atomic Flare’s reaction speed, he succeeded that it’s another obstacle they need to overcome.

Lucifer seems to enjoy being feed. “Please don’t be rough. I have a very delicate mouth, and I wish to savor every taste.” He requested the Knights.

As the Red King decided to humor the Breakers to answer their questions, Spina narrowed his eyes. Similar to their conclusion back at the hive under that strange manor, the Red King was indeed seeking out the group that Doom formed. They managed to catch Air Dancer, and seemingly after Moby Dick—although they were unfamiliar to Spina, since he never fought them. But he knew they were strong.

What was surprising was that the goal was to make Doctor Doom into a Xy’pher. Since he was a Vortex Coin, the last thing Spina recalled that the coin was stuck in Reality Metropolis. He is not aware if the coin was retrieved or stuck in rubble riddled with Dark Energy.

What surprised the old Saiyan was Emilyn. Spina knew something felt off about her. “I knew I should’ve wasted you!” The old Saiyan said, finally getting a word in once he swallowed whole foods. “You—” His sentence was interrupted when the Knights shove more food down his throat once more.

“I assumed this end goal of yours, excuse me,” Lucifer turned to the Knight to have another bite before continuing. “Is to reach the one called voice, hmm? Taking down the mightiest by using Doctor Doom’s intellect and technology?”

"For who's sake are you fighting for?"

Vegetto's hollowed and empty thoughts dispersed at the striking words ringing through his brain now, his eyes dialing in a bit. Familiar in sensation, Bernkastel's question suddenly pulled at the Potara fusion's emotions and memories, a nearly forgotten tune filling his brain once more. As the conversation diverted onto the topic of Superman, so too did the voice of the same man fill Vegetto's mind; a cheerful speech that contrasted against the drunkard that Superman was trying to save.

"Yeah..sure...everyone loves a hero. Having a whole city like Metropolis or...Conton City...praising you like that...it's easy to get caught up in it. But you gotta remember...it's not about you. It's about them."

Vegetto lifted his head a bit, the memory of Superman gesturing to the bar as a whole bringing a calming warmth over the man. The vibrant and happy lives of all the patrons gave reprieve for the hollow man at the time; the ability to escape his own demons in the warmth he felt in seeing others enjoying their lives. Even after all of his little successes and progress, the most important lesson of all he ever received had been buried and forgotten like that. He felt a twinge within once again, a pain at the guilt in missing that lesson once more. Yet only for a moment did he allow his mind to bear the shame; the lesson he needed directing him to put aside his own demons once again and to struggle on behalf of another.

Meanwhile, Cayde had winked with an enthusiastic thumbs up at Berserk's suggestion. Yet suddenly, the chairs were yanked out from under the Breakers and the android promptly fell on his rear like the others with a loud yelp. Yet he stared on in confusion at the sight of Vegetto standing up already; rising to avoid falling out of his seat. An aggressive determination filled his expression in a complete contrast to the behavior he displayed mere moments ago, his fists flying forward to punch the pair of Knights back from their attempts to feed him. Cayde climbed into his seat slowly, the loud hits ringing out in the ornate room as Vegetto gained his personal space once more before lowering into his seat again. Seeing the determined glare on the Potara fusion's face again prompted a small smile from Cayde.

Cayde leaned to the side, his head directly in front of Lucifer's chest now. A bit of the food trickled down onto the metal android's face while Lucifer was fed by the Knight, but Cayde did not even acknowledge the new additions to his hood and face while he whispered to Bernkastel with a wide grin.

"Hey...that was really nice of you. Good going kid...I think he really needed that coming from you."

With the plans being revealed on an attempt to seize Doctor Doom's original cast of fighters sent to stop the Breakers, Vegetto sat in his seat with a firm and determined glare trained on the Red King. A normal expectation of pride or trash talking would've been originating from the Potara fusion by now; a subconscious behavior that he intentionally fed in that it built up or motivated his opponent to fight harder. Instead, however, Vegetto sat in silence again with the determined glare still strong, merely waiting and absorbing every detail he could in the King's explanations.

At Emilyn's entrance, Cayde blinked wide at the sight. Yet upon Spina's wrath at the sight of seeing the one who tricked the team, Cayde shrunk a bit in his seat with a nervous laughter.

"Yeah...definitely didn't fall for the 'pretty girl that's actually a spy for your worst enemy' routine...I knew we should've killed you too..."

Berserk fell to the floor with a shout, cursing and rubbing her bottom from being knocked over by the invisible force Atomic Flare used. "Ow! Hey, let go!"

Bernkastel furrowed her brows and grunted after being forced to sit in quick succession. Before she could even form a sentence in objection, she could feel the hands of the knight behind her slam her head onto the table. "What're you-?! Stop!" Unlike Vegetto, Bern couldn't do much besides squirm in her seat and turn away from the hand as much as she could. This just made her face dirty with random bits of food smushed into her face. Seeing Cayde lean over towards her in acknowledgement of what she said to Vegetto had done, her expression changed to a genuine look of surprise. Ceasing her struggling, Bern glanced over to see that the fusion's demeanor flipped on its head. He was instead biding his time, not entirely complacent to Atomic Flare's demands, but he wasn't exerting too much of his force beyond preserving his personal space.

Berserk's ability to fight back was greatly limited from having only one good arm, yet she took a page from Vegetto's book and grabbed the wrist of the Knight force-feeding her with one hand. "I can feed my own damn self! So hands off!" She squeezed on it until it left an impression, plasma leaking from her hand to zap the Xy'pher's wrist.

Once Emilyn appeared before them, Bernkastel's gaze narrowed. "You... I remember you. But I thought you were--" the Witch fell silent as her memory flashed back to the group's encounters with Emilyn. "No... no, it makes perfect sense. The Recon Xy'pher in a city that's a magnet for heroes... of course, how else would you get the information you'd need on Superman? You're not needed inside the Hive, you're a field agent. I should've known better than to assume we hadn't encountered you before coming across Nia."

Seems like they hadn't captured Wordplay yet... maybe they don't know yet about Brainstorm's real identity as a Doom. But his coin is good as lost, they're in a far better position of finding it first. Damn!

"Were you a Xy'pher the whole time you were with us? Is that how you were so easily able to find us dropping in on your Hive?" She asked Emilyn before turning her head towards the King. "So, what's the next step of your big plan now, kill us here and then go to Federation City to lure out Superman once you capture the rest of the Doom Goons? What's your real end goal here besides making every last person in this world your little slave?"

"Good job on gathering information on Federation City." The Red King nodded to Emilyn. "As well as the Breakers."

"Thank you, my lord~! Anything for you!" Emilyn blushed as she held on to Atomic Flare's arm tighter, like a little sister eager to be with her big sister. "They sure love to talk a bunch! Right, Mr. Vegetto? The great hero!"

"What?!" Avalon glared towards Emilyn, ultimately feeling betrayed. "You--! You tricked us!"

"Duh, that's the point, Bernkastel! I honestly thought you'd figure it out considering how smart you are." Emilyn sneered before turning to Avalon and sticking her tongue out. "You won't be a good ninja if you get tricked so easily. You and Vegetto are one and the same. One talks to hear himself whine, and the other talks others so they can hear him whine. You guys should really get that fixed, or don't. Either way, I got tooooons of information from you guys. Thanks a bunch!"

"I suspected it was you..." Nia growled. "You took on many forms, didn't you?"

"Of course~!" Emily began to count on her fingers. "Let's see... I spied on your sleeping bodies back in Azure City, hid in the horde that attacked Metropolis... Oh! I was there when Detective Broly and Goku perished! And lastly, I was there in Reflection City, recording every bit of information from your fight. You guys sure are entertaining!"

"Disgusting..." Nia spat. "So what form are you now?"

"A beautiful damsel~! I *ahem* 'lost my husband' and desperately trying to move on. I think that's the story I made..." Emilyn teased as she looked over to Vegetto. "That handsome hunk melted right into my arms. So cute! If you join us, I would totally marry you and Cayde. I can fill the hole you have. In here, all Xy'phers are family~!"

The Red King lifted his arm and Emilyn immediately silenced herself, moving closer to Atomic Flare. The King lifted the crystal to examine the still frame of Federation City inside it before allowing it to float next to Walter, along with the photo of Moby Dick. Walter created a portal to transport the items somewhere safe within the castle. As Lucifer and Bernkastel asked their questions, the King was silent for a moment before answering them.

"My end goal is not so simple." The Red King pointed ahead at a beautiful circular crystal window, and directly in the center was a full view of the Vortex Moon. From the throne, the King would be able to see it with no obstructions. "I am aware of a creature living on the moon. I have not seen it, but I have definitely heard it, albeit very briefly. The only person who has captured this creature before was Dr. Doom. However, I am after every creature who has a connection to it, direct or indirect." The King snapped his tassel-fingers again, and, without skipping a beat, Walter opened another portal that dropped all the photos of everyone connected to Doom, including the Breakers.

The psychic powers of the King rearranged the photos to show a similar pyramid style hierarchy from Gravita's Hive back in the mansion, with the Breakers close to the bottom and the picture of Doom near the top. The only photos that were missing were the bunny and the question mark.

"If I can capture those who surrounded themselves with Doom, eventually, I will capture the real thing. Doom is powerful, yes, but even he needs to rest like everyone else. Once I capture Dr. Doom, his scientific mind will be used to start the next phase of my plan." The King held up the photo of the Moon. "In all my centuries of conquest, I have traveled to many worlds, and different moons, each one being vastly different from one another. After I pillage a planet for resources or additional Xy'phers, I take time to look at the sky. Every time I look up at the sky, I see a new star to conquer, a new goal. But here? In my time here, I have seen no stars, no light beyond that of the moon. Why..?"

As Avalon listened to the King, he thought about what he said and never really noticed that there were no stars in the night sky. Everything was pitch black aside from the Vortex Moon that it almost looked like a void.

Holy crap, he's right! I haven't seen a single thing in the sky aside from the Moon...

"The creature that lives on the Moon... you call it 'The Voice'. Is he the strongest foe you have ever fought, Breakers? Is he truly above all?"

Again, Bara didn't speak, but she was taking in all the information that the Red King had said, making sure she memorized every bit of it. She was still eating the food that was presented before her in peace, yet it appeared that she did have a plan of her own.

After all, Brachi and Jize were nowhere to be seen with the Breakers, so they were still at large, this Bara knew, so she was evidently gathering intelligence.

Spina narrowed his eyes upon the Red King’s question. It was a no brainer that Voice was undoubtedly the strongest being in existence in this world. After their hard-fought battle against Doctor Doom, and barely surviving, the Voice at his full power easily manipulate the entire vortex. “What kind of question is that—”

There was a sudden sense of dread that send chills on the Breakers’ spine. It was not flashy, but rather subtle. “Pardon my rudeness, children. I need all of you to be quiet. Whatever conflict or drivel internal struggles can wait.” Lucifer’s voice shifted to a more grim, soft tone. It was harsh, straight to the point and done in a way that seemingly seek an answer. It was a stark contrast of his usual demeanor, where even in the darkest of hours, the angel will make light of the situation. Here, there was no snark. No jokes. Or a hearty chuckle.

“But we have no need for any more questions other than just one.” Lucifer was aware that the sky, aside from the Vortex Moon, was the lack of starlight. It was a strange phenomenon, since even in the most primitive state, there should be few stars lurking in the dark. “The voice isn’t your end goal.” Lucifer stared at the Red King. “What did you discover, hmm?”

“Still not aware of Valeria… figures.” Detective Spawn thought to himself. However, before he can lay out his own questions, Lucifer had prevented the Breakers from asking anymore. His demeanor had turned dark strangely. Is something bothering the angel? Upon the question on the voice’s status as the strongest, Spawn simply turns to the Red King for an answer.

Last edited:
"Do you truly believe that The Voice is the strongest? That there is no one above him? No one stronger?" The Red King said to Spina confidently.

"According to him, he created this realm. He has the power to completely erase people and bring them back on a whim." Zenta tilted his head, then remembered how he was easily erased. "It is hard to think otherwise."

"Well, I disagree..." The Red King turned to Emilyn and held out his hand to the Xy'pher. The girl then handed him a crystal with a single picture inside it: a pure white hand. "I figured you'd be quick to catch one, Lucifer Morningstar. After all, I did send you a personal letter... Indeed, the Voice is not my end goal..."

As the Red King held the crystal in his hand, he shivered in what looked like fear. The King expressing fear? Emilyn and Walter shared a concerned look to their King and even shook like he did, almost as if they saw the same thing he did.

"Allow me to show you what I discovered..."

The Red King tossed the crystal up into the air and crushed it to powder using his psychic powers, all without any effort. The crystal exploded into a black smoke that engulfed the entire dining hall. The Breakers were viewing a memory recorded by Emilyn as if they were watching a movie. As the memory started, the Breakers were seen floating high into the air, literally feeling the wind brush through their hair and slap against their face by how real the memory felt. The table was gone, the knights disappeared, and the Breakers flew faster and faster, high into the Vortex sky, following the Red King in this hyperrealistic movie. They were alongside the King, however, the King, Walter or Emilyn, paid no attention to them since it was only a memory.

[Memory Start]

The Red King flew alongside Walter and Emilyn, supported by his psychic powers. Eventually, the Red King, Walter, Emilyn hit against the invisible barrier that surrounded Reality Vortex, flinging them down. Stunned, the Red King floated back to the barrier and reached a robe-hand out to touch it while Walter and Emilyn worried about any injuries he had.

"What is this..?" The King said to himself. "A barrier? Why?" As the King pressed harder against the barrier, it did not budge. "Walter, Recon, what information do you have on this barrier?"

"I have none, my Lord... This is entirely new to me." Walter said. "Why is it here?"

"I don't have any information on such a barrier, my Lord." Emilyn replied before turning to Walter. "But I have heard that no one has ever been able to escape this planet... Any rockets launched into the sky simply... explode."

"A barrier to keep us in?" Walter's eyes widen. "Why is it trying to keep us in?"

"Whatever the reason is, I will not be contained." The Red King punched the barrier with his robe. Nothing happened. "There must be other planets out there to conquer, so perhaps this barrier is hiding the stars from us."

The Red King floated back and focused his will on the barrier, using the force of his psychic powers to attempt to break it. Nothing he did worked, and no matter how hard he focused, the barrier was too thick. His body shivered with anticipation as he pressed both arms against the barrier and released more of his psychic powers against the barrier. A red hue occasionally formed to show the wisps of his psychic energy as they brushed against the barrier. Nothing the Red King did seemed to work, at least for now.

"Walter, cast a portal with all your might directly at the barrier." The King ordered. "And cast a portal to the closest thing beyond this barrier!"

"Yes, your majesty!"

Walter floated in front of his King and held his hands out to cast a portal directly in front of him. The portal was large at first, but as it touched the barrier, it started to shrink, almost as if the barrier was ripping it to shreds. Walter kept his focus, keeping the barrier open for as long as he could, concentrating on homing in on whatever was alive beyond the barrier. The King's eyes shined brightly as he fully concentrated on the portal, exerting all of his psychic powers into it.

The pressure was so great that reality began to distort and even disintegrate directly within the portal. Within the portal, distorted images of random spots in Reality Vortex were showing, like a TV flipping through hundreds of channels. It was almost as if the barrier was trying to redirect the King and Walter to those locations. Every time the blurred images appeared, the Red King and Walter forced it back to the blue sky overhead. The images flashed faster and faster, but the King was determined to see what lies beyond the barrier. Lightning crackled, and strong winds started to form around the trio. From the ground, near his crystal castle, the energy started to lift into the air and circle around the Red King, turning red. His psychic energy would spin the energy around his body faster and faster, forming a tornado of glittering red energy. The tornado grew bigger and bigger until the atmosphere and temperature started to change. Several hurricanes, blizzards, and tornadoes formed! They all rained red crystal shards, skewering anything that was unlucky to get caught. Earthquakes shook the ground below, and mountains were rendered to dust. All this and the King was so far up in the sky, no one can see him.

For a brief moment, there appeared a solid black abyss within the portal, and it caused an instant crack in the barrier. A small crack. The Red King noticed this, as did Walter.

"Walter!"

"Yes, my lord!"

As the portal flicked through various images, the solid black abyss started to appear more frequently, and every time it did, the cracks on the barrier grew larger. Using the full might of his psychic abilities, the Red King cast a storm so large that it turned day into night. The summer instantly turned to winter. The ground split so far that it turned into a canyon, reforming the land. The Red King's power effectively changed the literal atmosphere and land mass he floated above from miles away.

Finally, the black abyss within the portal stayed long enough for the King to grab using his robe-arms. He grabbed the portal, trying to stretch it open while he continued to give the barrier the fullest extent of his power. The portal started to shake violently in the King's hands as he pressed against it, and the harder he did, the deeper the cracks in the barrier became until it made a hole.

The impossible was done... a hole in the barrier thanks to Walter's portal. However, it was just barely large enough for the King to squeeze through.

"Finally..." The King huffed, clearly having used too much of his power. "I am able to conquer the stars..."

As the King, Walter, and Emilyn got near the portal, the Breakers would follow after them. To the Breakers, they felt air that was dangerously thin. They would feel their chests heavy with dread and unease, as if something was coming, yet nothing could hurt them. It was incredibly cold, freezing their breaths into actual ice, yet, their bodies would feel as if they are in an oven, sweating all over. Time did not flow and reality did not exist... There was only darkness. Pure darkness. No light. No sound. Nothing.

Then...

From within the darkness, a snow-white hand came out towards the King in a welcoming gesture, almost as if enticing the King to grab it.

1663563093221.png
1663563108821.png

"Before there was time, before there was anything, there was nothing. Before there was nothing, there were monsters. And before there were monsters... there was me...

When one doubts and questions. When one shivers in the cold, I give warmth and answers. Come, and I'll embrace you with fire."

The King gasped loudly, and for the first time, he lost control of himself. His eyes, which were normally empty, filled with darkness. He had no control as he slowly floated towards the hand like a moth to a flame. Walter and Emilyn grabbed the King's robe, trying to pull him back. The King' robe-arm reached out within the portal, mere inches from grabbing the mysterious creature's hand. His body was nearly entirely in the portal, moments away from grabbing its hand, until something pushed the King back out the portal.

A woman with a staff and bunny ears shoved the Red King away from the mysterious figure, closing the portal behind her. The Red King instantly snapped back to his senses, the darkness leaving his eyes. The mysterious bunny girl simply looked down at the Red King and wagged her finger towards him, as if to scold him. Shaken and confused, the Red King shivered uncontrollably, unable to understand what was happening to him. Before he had a chance to react, the Bunny-Lady swung her staff towards him and flung him back towards the ground. Emilyn and Walter were also hit as well. As the King slammed against the ground, he created a crater. Walter and Emilyn, once they rose to their feet, quickly rushed to their King, tending to his every wound. The King did not say a word, only staring at the sky where they once were, shivering in fear from what he saw.

[Memory End]

From there, the memory faded away, and the Breakers found themselves back in the dining hall, as if they never left in the first place.

"That is the first time I experienced what you mortals call... fear." The Red King shuddered.

May says unaffected by what did say Emilyn "Even if you did gather intelligence Emilyn, I hate to point this out but knowing the brakers luck some thing
else would go tits up for some other reason and the Xy'phers would hit just the same. With that stated what happened then hardly matters now."

May says after watching the Memory with the same unaffected tone she taken with Emilyn "I gest beating the voice is the minim level to even face those
things outside. I could give more my hunches on the actual reason for the bearer as well way the Bunny-lady saved you but those hardly matter in this conversation." May thinks "I gust one the papers did hint that there was something that could be described as one of Lovecraft's monsters."

Vegetto's eyes diverted to the side at Emilyn's taunting, the burning glare still strong. His eyebrows softened slightly, however, at Emilyn's proposal of family as a Xy'pher. The Potara fusion broke the stare shortly after, thinking to himself in silence. Cayde, however, sighed heavily with a straight expression and soon shrugged his shoulders before Emilyn was cut off by the King.

"I think we're good, sweetheart. A woman with many faces tends to be a little...no offense...cheap. Actually wait, I take that back...I meant the offense."

Yet suddenly, in the Red King's explanation of his plan, Lucifer made his move. For the first time, the angel imposed his will onto a matter directly; rising and forcing the Red King to respond. Cayde perked his head a bit at the display, and so too, did the android grow serious in his stare.

Finally...we get to see what you really are....

As the memory played out, and subsequently ended, Cayde gasped a bit and glanced around when the scenery changed to the normal dining hall they were in. The unnerved expression was clear in his face, but his eyes immediately landed on Vegetto across the table in a realization of fear. Across their entire travels and efforts in building Rogue City, a fevered dream and goal had always existed in the Potara fusion's mind. A dream and goal that Cayde had spent years shutting down and disabling, to the point where Vegetto felt uncomfortable sharing the idea with Clark. Yet despite the horrific monster that not only blocked the way, but the vast void of darkness that followed, Cayde looked across the way in terror at the sight of Vegetto's eyes illuminating with hope. An impossibility had been achieved and no matter the recompense, Vegetto's expression lifted while his eyes glanced down to the table while his mind raced on the possibility to flee from his problems like a coward once more.

The burning glare that bore into the side of Vegetto's skull came not from Bernkastel this time, but the android himself. Normal situations prompted an aloof sigh or a tired expression from Cayde in Vegetto's dangerous antics. Yet this time, Cayde glared down his friend across the table in genuine anger and disappointment; the unshaking stare an attempt to silently tell Vegetto to let go of the prospect. Vegetto soon lifted his head under the pressure, meeting Cayde's stare in a stern and silent argument between themselves. And soon, Vegetto broke eye contact with a small scoff in a silent admission of defeat.

However, it was short lived as the prospect of escaping the Reality Vortex reignited an old flame within the Potara fusion, prompting Vegetto to speak up with a firm and condescending tone.

"So that's what this is about...you're scared of whatever thing that is. Of whatever power exists out there beyond the Vortex."

The determined stare returned onto the Red King, Vegetto scoffing audibly before continuing.

"So why then...are you going to all of this trouble? You obviously knew about the Breakers before the attack on Metropolis...and if you knew where I was hiding at the same time...a big if...why wait to ambush us? Even now...you feed us food...tell us your plans...tell us your fears. When you can just snap your fingers and have your cronies turn us into servants at will...if you're strong enough to create a barrier this powerful and break free from the Vortex."

Vegetto leaned forward a bit.

"If you just wanted more powerful slaves like the weaklings who followed Doom-"

The fusion's eyes turned onto Zenta ever so briefly, before continuing.

"-you would've done it by now. You sound like someone trying to make a deal with us...or at best...ask for our help. If that's so...then don't waste your breath. The Breakers were formed on a pact to use whatever power you're looking for to return home. Very different and separate homes. Far away from each other...in an effort to make sure we never see each other again."

The Potara fusion glanced around at the members of the table, but soon returned his glare back onto the Red King.

"This isn't a team...and it never will be. No matter how badly we may want to work together...we can't. We are too different from each other...Gogeta and Cross were proof of that."

Vegetto slowly straightened himself in his seat, continuing without waiting for a reply at the damning accusation.

"And if you think you're going to be an different than the last naïve fool that wanted this group to be something like-"

The following word was practically spat in sarcastic venom in the dual voice filling the dining hall.

"-family...then you'll wish you were a coin by the end of it like she undoubtedly did. So how about you stop wasting time; tell us what you know about these "monsters"...or let's get on with the fight to beat it out of you already."

Last edited:
As presumably with the other Breakers, Bernkastel and Berserk held perxplexed expressions followed by a few moments of glancing around to understand where they were once being sucked into the memory. Bern's furrowed brow only deepened with concern at being shown that the Red King was able to tear a hole into this barrier that had long been proclaimed to be inaccessible. Her shock subsiding at the abyssal darkness behind the portal, spiked again upon there being the sighting of a difigured monster appearing without warning and speaking in an ominous manner of enticement.

There wasn't any mistake about this alluding to the rabbit and the unknown entity part of the team had come across while snooping around the manor. However, since this was an immersive memory being given to them, Bernkastel knew better than to take what she saw at face-value. The Witch made a mental note to inquire about these supposed findings to Guardian later.

Shivering out of the weird fever-dream, Bern still looked rather puzzled. Then she looked over to see Cayde staring down Vegetto with an uncharacteristically angry expression on his mechanized face. Glancing between them she held a questioning stare trying to decipher the unspoken words being exchanged in their eyes alone. But then Vegetto spoke-- in contrast to reacting with rage upon being rejected as a returning member of the Breakers, he turned the tables to be him rejecting them.

But worse than that, he seemed to be goading the Xy'phers like he wouldn't fold in seconds; practically a suicide mission. His demeanor and words following Cayde's encouragement made it basically a meaningless effort on her front.
It wasn't that different than his usual toxicity, but its similarity to what Spina had said before about them not being family nor hardly friends didn't lessen the ability to dampen her morale on that front. Bernkastel's gaze began to smolder as her lips pressed together in a stiff line. She only let out an audible exhale through her nose, redirecting her focus on just getting themselves out of their current predicament.

"Enough with the guessing games. What is it-- exactly-- that you want from us?" Bernkastel sharpened her glare at the King, a tense edge to her tone.

Bage listened as the others spoke, he sighed in relief as the forceful feeding ceased as the King waved his robe. The knight next to him attempted to feed him more, only much more gentle. But Bage denied the feeding by lightly pushing the hand away and with his free arm wiped the smeared food from his face.

Atomic Flare glared at both Zenta and Vegetto as they showed resistance to the feeding, she clenched her fist tightly as if preparing to fight them herself. However, her mood completely changed as the King's robe patted her back. Atomic Flare's glare disappeared from sight as he explained himself. "How gracious of you, My Lord." She said, giving the same expressionless face before returning to standing with her arms behind her back, at attention. It wasn't until Emilyn wrapped her arm around her's that she moved slightly, but let the other Xy'pher hand onto her casually. At the mention of the memory, Flare was the only one of the three that seemed oblivious to the fear that the king and her colleagues shared.

Bage noticed this but didn't think much of it. As the memory came flooding into the dining room the detective was both amazed and concerned at the scene playing before them and like Bernkastel, he was completely shocked at the King's ability to tear open a portal through the indestructible and impassable barrier. He could feel a bit of dread at the sight, knowing that soon they would have to face this being in battle soon. All Bage's thoughts seemed to halt however at seeing the beings on the other side of the portal. They were like something out of a nightmare. he was completely entranced by these two beings as the dream-like sequence fizzled away. Did they really manage to scare even this powerful beast of a king? He went completely silent as Vegetto and Bernkastel finally got to the point, as it seemed the King wouldn't. All he could do now was prepare in suspense for the response that would come from the Xy'pher King. What did he want with them...? Why was he waiting to kill them?

Once the memory ended, Spawn glanced around the room briefly. As if to ensure that everyone had seen what he saw. Confirming that everyone witnessed the recoding played to them, the hellspawn noticed that he was sweating profoundly, but still felt cold. “It was just a memory, yet it still managed to make me sweat. The chills in my spine are apparent. I’ve faced plenty of demons, monsters, and bastard angels.” He wiped the sweat off his forehead. “Even the souls bounded to me are rattled in fright.” He paused for a moment. “Gaia… even you.”

Seeing what lies beyond the Vortex had shaken the very foundation of Spawn. That strange monster that appeared out of the void of darkness and spoke in ominous inducement was unsettling to the hellspawn, for reasons unknown. He was unable to comprehend why his entire existence was on the verge of fright upon seeing such monstrosity.

Tch. Tough luck. I’ve been seen plenty of powerful individuals here and none can even scratch the barrier. At best one could shake the realm a little bit.” Detective Spawn, deep down, almost wanted the Red King to somewhat succeed if that his plan; he truly detests those kinds of deities.

It was impressive that the Red King managed to break through the barrier—said to be impossible to achieved. However, his prior statements came back to haunt him. If the Breakers were truly outclassed by the Voice—this creature may be above that. The moment the Red King peered into the void of darkness; he was already swept away by this monster. “Is this the consequence of leaving the Vortex?”

--

Spina became perplexed about the whole ordeal. His eyes widened reacting to the Red King breaking through the impossible barrier, only to meet a monster beyond their understanding on the other side. Moreover, even though it was brief, the monster bore a striking resemblance to the creature he saw in his dreams.

“Is this….” The old Saiyan couldn’t muster the strength to finish his sentence. A whiplash of emotions rocked him because the possibility of that creature communicating with him was not his active imagination running around, but an actual entity. He ponders if his actions after the battle with Doom was his own. He ponders if the memories that was made-up was its doing. Even the Red King, who have absolute control of any individuals, felt victim to its presence within seconds. And wonders if he was under that same concept.

Shaking his head. “No.” He muttered to himself. “These are my own decisions.” His eyes sharpened. Whether or not the monster effectively barges into his life, the old Saiyan’s feelings didn’t change much. He views trust and bonds negatively. Furthermore, despite holding these beliefs, he views anyone that abused trust and shattered bonds with even more scrutiny.

Once Vegetto spoke and stern the conversation to himself, and questioning the Red King, Spina didn’t falter once. He turned his head slightly, and an imagery of everyone that abused him throughout his life appeared where Vegetto stood. A silent rage boiled underneath the old Saiyan, because Vegetto left with Clark as a crazed maniac and returned just as the same; this brings that Clark clearly had failed on whatever he attempted to do. While Spina doesn’t view the Breakers as a family, he still considered the importance of being teammates—Vegetto flat-out rejected such notation. Before Spina can even say anything, Lucifer raised his hand to stop him speaking.

“Paid no mind to the idiot. He does not represent the Breakers.” Lucifer stood up from chair and approached the Red King personally. With a flick of his finger, he forced Walter, Emilyn, and Atomic Flare to move aside. “I questioned why he even came here in the first place.” his tone never changing after taking on the situation quite seriously.

Lucifer took great interest upon seeing what lies beyond Reality Vortex. He took notice that the Red King noticed the distinct lack of stars. “The Red King believes that he’s still on a planet, similar to his home world.” The angel considered. Unlike the Breakers, who took the information with suspense, Lucifer was lovestruck with even more curiosity.

“Was that… the representation of the Great Will of this world?” Lucifer spoke out a name. “Was that the one who brought forward Vita?” He spoke another name as his eyes lit up in excitement. His investigation of this world was going to have a breakthrough thanks to the Red King’s discovery. What caught his eyes further, was the color of the eye on the bunny’s chest. It was similar coloring to Bernkastel’s eyes currently. He ponders, realizing that there may be other beings out that he’s not aware of. Was this the purpose of that letter the Red King personally gave him?

“Red King,” Lucifer was beaming with excitement of these revelations. “You peek into the void, and darkness swept you. And you were riddled with fear for the first time and became, ironically, a puppet to another.” He peered his lips into a sneer. “That monster… was dark energy in its purest form. Controlled. Omnipotence. Beyond our understanding.” His eyes narrowed. “If one were to take that power and attempt to turn him into a Xy’pher… it’ll be a repeat of those Dark Xy’phers. And I’m aware that you had trouble controlling them. Destruction will soon follow.” He paused briefly before continuing. “If you seek to destroy, who knows the consequences that’ll hold afterwards. It could be very well the end of existence, or another monster might peer out from the darkness.” The angel said, presenting these possibilities. “Are you trying to harness or destroy this creature?”

Upon the vitrol spewn from Vegetto's mouth, Cayde immediately lowered from a grim and tense glare into a heavy frown. The android had felt a change in the Potara fusion's demeanor upon the arrival; a desire that had been different. The belief that Clark and Vegetto's battle ended without their respective deaths was cemented on the notion that whatever happened, Clark stood at the advantage. A deeper sense of power welled within the Kryptonian that even Cayde could feel and with Vegetto's instability, a struggle would be the best that Vegetto could put forth in Cayde's mind.

However, despite having little time to consider the notion in the heat of battle with Gravita, Cayde furrowed his brow in confusion at the reality before him for the first time. Vegetto had returned to the fold drained and battered, but not in a state of fatigue that would be expected if he somehow managed to not only defeat Clark, but the wildcard of Gogeta joining the fray. He initially believed that Clark must've broken through their fight due to the new air about the Potara fusion in his arrival, but the lack of the Kryptonian's presence as well as Gogeta suddenly began to cement in his mind logically in the face of such terrible words spewn from Vegetto. In his devastating need to protect his ego, Vegetto must've killed Clark and Gogeta with some new found strength to talk as confidently as he is now, and whatever hope Cayde had for the man's development must've been a lie.

Cayde kept his frown, his eyes first landing on Bernkastel. The witch's expression told the story alone; the quiet dip of the head and the stern, business focused point firmly ringing out in her reply. His eyes gravitated alone at the sensation of boiling rage on the other side of the table, watching Spina briefly before Lucifer managed to spring up and turn the attention away from the potential explosion about to unfold from the bomb dropped. Then finally, his eyes wandered back onto Vegetto himself, who sat with his own stern glare and unwavering commitment to the belief he uttered. Without responding to Lucifer's insults and by avoiding any eye contact with the original Breakers, Vegetto did not seem to speak from a place of wounded ego or hasty rage this time. And while Cayde wanted to help Vegetto unravel and let go of the belief that he knew Vegetto did not want to maintain, it was irrelevant; Vegetto meant what he said in the moment.

In turn, Cayde dipped his own head quietly while the angel questioned the Red King further, a desire to investigate the true depth of Lucifer and the workings of the Vortex disappearing under the weight he felt. In turn, he thought to himself that the damning damage done to the Breakers was now clear in his mind. He knew why Vegetto spoke in such harsh terms; on a belief that no matter how dangerous the new power presented itself, Vegetto only saw that the chance to escape the Reality Vortex was not completely impossible. No matter how it would be impossible for him, Vegetto would absolutely forsake all of his progress and attachments for a chance to leave and restart his old life. Including, forsaking Cayde.

Cayde somberly lowered his head, the hurt that the other Breakers must've felt at the end of the Doom battle now bubbling up within him too. Not once did Vegetto even look towards the android in the speech, barely registering the friend he has against the appeal to leave the Vortex. In turn, Cayde slowly reached down to his holster and unhooked the strap on the gun.

If a fight breaks out...perhaps Lucifer will destroy him and give the Breakers a fighting chance against the Red King...

His eyes shifted a bit, narrowing slightly at Vegetto, who still paid the android no mind while the Potara fusion simply listened in and watched the development with the Red King and Lucifer.

But if he doesn't...I'll have to do it myself. I'm sorry I couldn't save you...but we can't risk you ruining our shot here.

Bara was understandably shocked and terrified as she reviewed the memory, but she shook herself out of her reverie upon listening to the others.

"So this entire place is like Hotel California?! Where we can check out any time we like, but never leave?" She muttered.

The Red King listened intently to Vegetto and his talk, nodding at every point Vegetto attempted to make. In a way, he respected the Fusion and his boldness, even if it is what gets him in trouble. Everything Vegetto pointed out, the King simply nodded and allowed him to speak his mind. Once Vegetto was finished with his talk, his attention went to Bernkastel, almost as if to completely dismiss and ignore the Fusion. The King rested back on his throne, staring up towards the Moon in relaxation.

"Well, originally I was going to spare all of you." He spoke to Bernkastel. "Simply because you all have a talent for surviving even the most dire situations and overcoming them. You have incredible luck, that is for sure. I was going to allow you to join my army as yourselves, not as Xy'phers. You will be given all the resources you needed, all the power, all your demands met! If you were looking for someone, I will have them found for you. If you desire power, I will obtain it for you. You will be my Elites, each with your own army, and together we will uncover the truth of this world and what lies beyond it! You are weak individually, but together, you Breakers possess a unique power that not even I understand! I believe mortals call it bonds... So why turn you to Xy'phers, when I can help you? Help me find the lair of that... creature, so we can defend this world from its terror. Your names would be cleared and this red reputation you have will be null and void! I can change that for you. No one will know your wrongdoings..."

The Red King sat straight on his throne, eyeing each Breaker individually. His shoulders slumped, almost as if disappointed.

"That is my true reason for bringing you here..." He said before letting out a sigh. "However, it seems that Vegetto has spoken for all of you, once again, claiming asking for help is useless. I really hoped that you all would see things my way, yet it seems he is the spokesperson for the Breakers. Loud as he is, he truly has set your fate, not once, but twice. Shame..."

Shaking his head in disappointment, the King remained calm even when Lucifer forced his Elites to the side and approached him. The Knights immediately rushed to their King's side, swords, and spears drawn, ready to kill Lucifer on sight. They approached Lucifer and all were full of killing intent. However, with a simple flick of his robe, all the knights stopped in their place. All around Lucifer, he had swords, spears, and daggers, poking his skin but not piercing it. The King watched Lucifer approach him and floated to meet his eye level as the Xy'pher Knights backed away from the Angel.

"Unfortunately, Lucifer, I will not be answering your question. Such a shame that Vegetto's will... was stronger than yours." The King leaned closer to Lucifer. "You will have to die without knowing what lies beyond Vortex, and what I have also discovered about Vita..."

"H-Hold on! I got a question..!" Avalon said with a shaky voice. "It's about the Breakers you captured a while back! Who... who were they?"

There was no response from the King.

"The girl with the tail." Zenta spoke out, louder than Avalon. "Who was she?"

All the King did was stare at each Breaker individually before shaking his head.

"No, no more answers from me." The King floated from his throne. "I simply wanted to ask you all for help, an alliance, if you will. Asking for help was a mistake. You will refuse to help, even when presented with freedom and your lives, at least, according to Vegetto. I did not want to take your minds, but now, I have no choice. Very well then. Atomic, prepare their execution for tomorrow."

"Wait! Who was the girl?! Who was the girl you killed?!" Zenta's voice got louder. "Answer me!"

"I said I will not answer any more questions, little dog." The King shot his glare towards Zenta. "I suggest you silence yourself or I will muzzle you."

"Who. Was. SHE?!"

"Guards, muzzle that puppy."

"You Bastard!! ANSWER ME!"

Zenta, unable to hide his seething rage any longer, jumped on top of the crystal table and rushed directly towards the King. His fangs were bared, and he had nothing but pure animosity all over him. For the first time, his feral side took over, an unknown beast no longer capable of being called Zenta... Zenta ran on all fours, crashing through each guard that attempted to stop him. Eventually, they piled up on the beast, completely covering him, and pinned him to the table. There was a small pause before light started to escape from the cracks of the pile Zenta was under, and the guards began to melt. Finally, the mass on top of Zenta exploded from the top as the Beast grabbed one of the Knight's head in his jaws and, with little effort, crushed the Xy'pher to dust in his maw. Zenta then turned to the King, who remained unfazed, and rushed at him once again. He jumped over Lucifer, ready to pounce on the King at any moment.

Suddenly, Zenta stopped in midair. Holding him in place was a power psychic energy that was no doubt that King's. The King pointed a finger at Zenta and moved him closer to his face. His head tilted as he stared deeply into Zenta's visor.

"My, my... did that girl mean that much to you?" The King mocked. As he held Zenta in place, there was a crack forming on Zenta's visor. The fur on Zenta's body was flat, almost as if being weighed down. "I can crush your body from the inside and turn your bones to dust..." Zenta's body began to slowly bend backwards, as if to break his spine. "Or fold you like origami... All on a whim."

The King returned Zenta to his previous position and snapped his fingers. On command, Walter opened a portal to an unknown section of the castle.

"If the life of one insignificant girl causes you so much grief, then you will die without knowing her fate."

With a flick of his wrist, he flung Zenta into the portal and closed it behind him.

"W-Wait! Where did he go?! What did you do with him?!" Avalon gasped, rising from his seat. "Where is Zenta?!"

"Enough. The dog will reunite with you shortly. You all will be placed in the finest room this castle has to offer. Your wounds will be healed to perfection."

"W-Wha..? Why..? Aren't you gonna execute us?"

"Yes... but I respect you Breakers enough to see you die with dignity and with your fullest potential. Clean and full of life! I want the world to see your deaths as something beautiful, a moment to remember... But more importantly, I want you all to know that even at your peak, your magnum opus, you will never be a match for me. You never were." The King then turned to Cayde, lifting him higher before turning him around, showing that his hand by his gun, ready to draw it. "And you, robotic organism. The gun you were about to draw was not for me, is it? You were ready to put Vegetto down, were you not? Interesting... I am curious to listen to that conversation."

With that, the King lifted his hand into the air and lifted the Breakers from their seats. None of the Breakers were able to move a finger, no matter how hard they tried or focused. Portals formed underneath them, and the King flung them down into the portals.

"Such a shame... I really wanted to form a truce with you..." were the last words the King said before closing the portals above the Breakers.

The Breakers all landed in a very large room with a bed fitted for each of them. Inside the room were medics, tailors, and chefs, ready to tend to the Breakers every wish. Immediately, the medics rushed to Berserk first and took a hold of her wounded arm. They applied odd ointment, which stung at first, but drastically healed her arm. It burned her skin, yet, sped the healing process. Even then, they made sure to properly heal Berserk. A few of the tailors approached Bernkastel, sewing her dress and fixing any ripped area. This would apply to all the Breakers, each of them would have their wounds carefully taken care of, their clothes repaired, and another plate of food prepared for them.

Last edited:
As all the Breakers were portal away to another room, Lucifer landed on his feet without an issue. From there, the angel stood motionless without a word. Even when the Xy’pher Associates approached him with catering, pampering and care, there was no reaction. His eyes, once filled with excitement, shows emptiness after the Red King verbally denied answering any questions.

The strength of greater wills did not bother Lucifer at the slightest. In fact, he would embrace it because it would mean, they managed to get over one hurdle of Lucifer’s test. It was the idea that Vegetto imposing his will onto others and subsequently forced a decision they held no part in. Not only their questions were vehemently denied, but their fates were also sealed by the arrogances of a fictitious god chasing an old flame.

Lilith slithered around Lucifer’s suit jacket and tried to communicate with Lucifer. “Not now, Lilith.” The angel soundly rejected Lilith’s attempts to comfort. She didn’t argue and simply slithered away, transitioning to becoming Lucifer’s shadow for the time being.

The fallen angel was no longer amused. He held a similar expression where Avalon begged forgiven from Vegetto. As the Xy’phers took care of his suit, Lucifer gazed upon the potara fusion with eyes of not anger, but disappointment. He suspected the Breakers will simply fall for the old dance of talking or hearing explanations. The angel lack of the desire to entertain this tired routine that will undoubtedly follow.

“I’ve lived trillions of lifetimes, witnessed the birth of numerous of cosmic events. And I have encountered countless creatures, and all breed with such laughable levels of arrogance. An absolute treat to see those that forced their will on others they deem lesser, grovel at their feet when their might vanished before them.” Lucifer sharpened his tongue. “You’re the first who show such pathetic displays of arrogance, that I feel, for the first time, rather insulted by any level of pride you held about yourself. I should be proud to find anyone who level a sense of pride, yet I feel nothing but disgust for you.”

Lucifer took one step forward, and instantly, bypassing all their senses and beyond, appeared in front of Vegetto. “Once again you imposed your cowardly will on the Breakers. You robbed them a chance of critical thinking and answers they sought for. Your repetitive delusional bollocks aren’t even worth mocking.” His hand rose and struck Vegetto’s chest, bypassing his instincts, even at the highest degree. “I warn you, didn’t I? While you offer no value to the Breakers, I spare your life on whim solely for being somewhat entertainment as long you stay clear from their development.”

Light engulfed from the angel’s fingers and it spread across Vegetto’s body instantly. Less than a zeptosecond, the potara’s body split into dozens of cubes. Each of them was trapped in a barrier that zapped away all energies and rendered them entirely immobilized. It was trivia magic, but to the person effected by it, it was devastating. They cannot move unless the user wills it. In the case of Vegetto, his energy foundation was shut down to the very core and practically rendered him useless. The purpose of the barrier, while extremely powerful in their own right, was there to prevent Lilith from swallowing the pieces. It is impossible to break through, escape nor pull themselves back together.

Floating in the air around Lucifer, he grabbed several cubes that contained Vegetto’s single eye and mouth, the latter the fusion can use to still communicate. “And I’ll continue to spare your life, for now. But you will not be fighting the Red King. You’ll remain there until my mood improves significantly.” He turns to the Breakers. “I’ve taken care of the problem, Breakers. You’re free to move forward without worries.” His eyes became grim to match his serious tone. “Quite unfortunate that we didn’t get to use our heads, hmm? But I’m sure you Breakers will find a way out of this one. Like the Red King praised, you have incredible luck—although I say it’s because of your will.” His serious demeanor softened, back to his usual self. "At least we have some food before our execution. Grab your last meals, hmm." He gave a light chuckle.

Detective Spawn narrowed his eyes. He wanted to step in, but the intensity of Lucifer’s power suddenly shot up that he chose to stay put. He wanted to say something, but seeing the angel did what he did, there was no need. “Huh…” Spawn turned to Nia, motioning her to come closer.

Last edited:
Once more, Bara had remained silent, up and until the Red King made his intentions for now clear thanks to Vegetto, and the subsequent teleportation into another room, before gazing at the diced pile that was Vegetto. She did nod towards the ones whom treated her wounds and gave her the food presented to her in gratitude before she eventually spoke.

"Well, here's another nice mess you've gotten us into," she growled at the diced warrior, "even Brachi would have some sense to hear the Red King out and at least considered the option of co-operation in the face of uniting against a bigger threat. As an adage goes: "The Enemy of my enemy is my friend." Now look at the situation you've gotten us into."

With that, Bara appeared to just walk around the room, her main head tentacle swaying slowly back and forth, almost as if she was studying the room itself, getting familiar with its interior, at one point even stopping and remaining silent for a while, as if concentrating on something, before she nodded and continuing on her path.

"Evidently because of mister Loudmouth we find ourselves in quite a pickle... but as even the Red King has acknowledged our luck, there has to be a way for us to get out. Might as well look for various holes to squeeze myself into, or at least parts of me, see what lies beyond the walls, unless any of you happen to have any better ideas..."

Bara was apparently considering the use of her Body Manipulation as she had done earlier to send small pieces of herself to scout around in a wider area to get information about the complex and the surroundings quickly and efficiently, but she didn't know if there was something that would prevent her from doing so in the first place. She cursed inwardly about the situation as a whole, this wasn't exactly how she had hoped the situation would have evolved or escalated... had any of her other friends been around, the outcome would have likely been different, she thought momentarily, before shaking herself out of this reverie and deciding to instead listen to what the others might have planned, weighing the options and considering the next steps carefully if they wanted to avert what the Red King obviously had in mind for them now... or did he?

May says in a flat tone "At this point odds were good we would clash with the king any way. Sooner than what was sensible but wend is tis group known for its sensibility." May thinks "Even the locals hear know your fight with doom even if they don't know the risks involved with that fight."

May says in a professional tone "The luck you lot have can make things go sideways on the way but you lot do end up wining in the end. Now I'm going to grab a bite to eat and try to think of a way we can get out this and live. I advise you all do the same." May starts to eat as she thinks about what she can use to get the group out of the prison they find themselves in. In a strange way May might had a since things would go this way.

Bage was taken by surprise as Zenta went completely mad trying to get to the Red King. The detective rose from his seat to restrain him but without a moment of hesitation, he had been lifted into the air as well. Bage tensed and tried to move against the psychic power to no avail before he was thrown through the portal along with the group.

The detective barely landed on his feet, watching the portal completely close them into the room. He grunted in frustration, seemingly not paying any mind to the Xy'phers that had come closer to aid him. "Great." He grumbled to himself, before being completely surprised by Lucifer's actions. Since when could he do something like that!?

"Hey, hey, hey!" The Saiyan detective pulled himself away as the Xy'phers attempted to mend his clothing. He approached Lucifer hesitantly at first. "I get Vegetto was at fault, but the Red King was the one who lumped us all together like that! He didn't even bother giving us a chance to object! It's obvious that he's trying to get us riled up again! So maybe don't split people into a million pieces...?" He grimaced at the dozens of puzzle pieces that made up the potara fusion's body. He went quiet for a moment to think on the Red King's offer.

"... Even if it were true that he would spare us, there's no way I could allow myself to accept such an offer. So many innocent people have been turned into his mindless mob. The reason we came here at all was to free them... At least, that's my reason. Not to mention I would hate for them to suffer as much as they have already." Bage clenched his gloved hand before turning to the group and agreeing with Lucifer and May's last sentiment about finding another way out of their situation. "You're right, though. even if things haven't gone our way, there's always room to make another miracle happen!"

In his mind, Bage just hoped the Breakers weren't running low on luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom