The Reality Vortex: Red Reputations

Status
Not open for further replies.
May says "this is my experience, but you will recall that you have in fact died and one lose any memories from dying in the vertex. I would take what I just stated with a little salt only because most my experience is form dyeing in dying is before the hole dying thing." May taps the head of the maid as the maid lets go may changes into her stander body armor.

May asks on being healed by Lucifer's "Did not know I fell into the category that you set lucifer? You know I just a some brought in by one Spawn." May hands a potion that will do the same thing to those Lucifer did not heal and did say "It should do the same thing as what Lucifer did in terms of healing wounds. O Avalon as the healer Lucifer dos have a right to deterrer whom he heals or dos not. Like how I have every right to give away my stock of potions."

May orders the orbs and the Maid "Run diagnostics after that orbs those with no problems light problems can start checking doom castle." may takes out a device that is linked with the orbs and the maid. The maid dos say "yes mistress."

“A god apologizing?” Lucifer simpered, speaking to no one in particular. “What a rare sight.” Despite his wording, his tone was clearly sarcastic in delivery. In contrast to Zenta, the angel held no confidence in Byakko’s apology.

Detective Spawn, despite not knowing Byakko, sensed there was bad air between parties and decided to sit out from that conservation. His only concern now is whether or Cuki will give up the Panich Coin to Bage.

Upon Avalon and May questioning Lucifer’s decision to heal, his disposition changed. Before he could answer, Vegetto approached the group of confirming he was the one behind Gogeta’s death. Naturally, some of the Breakers will react negatively towards the revelation. While it could add some good fun to see some demand answers, the angel lost interest when resolve behind the Potara’s confirmation was weak. Upon Bernkastel questioning the state of things once more, the angel decided to speak.

“Good evening. Quite a view, hmm? Aside from the sloppy victory against the Red King and some minor mishaps, you haven’t missed much.” Lucifer eyed Vegetto with disappointment. “Well, Vegetto was going to tell a tall tale of his role in killing Gogeta, but I won’t humor it. His delivery alone lacks confidence.”

Lucifer turned to Avalon and May. Placing a hand over his heart, the angel held a rather devilish, cold smile. “My reasoning is clear, children. I am only interested in the Breakers—the Detectives are merely allies, which they can take care of themselves. Vegetto and Cuki left the Breakers, and I’m under no obligation to administrate aid to runaways. Count yourselves lucky I heal you two, purely out of amusement.”

“You’re just dismissing that?” Spawn was curious to know what led to Gogeta’s death. He turns to the Spina with a question. “Old man. Aren’t you interest—”

“No. Good riddance.” Spina interrupted with a cold, quick response. Rather, his attention focused entirely on Byakko. His eyes alone indicated that man was in fury the way Byakko apologized to the group.

Ultimately, Lucifer shifted his focus on Cuki. Just as he observed Vegetto throughout the battle against the Red King, he watched her with the same eyes. All he was left with was disappointment upon seeing how Cuki carried herself, prompting the question. “What a sorry state you’re in. I see that your little friend is slacking.” Lucifer’s eyes stare down at Cuki.

“Have you even gotten stronger?”

Cuki’s eyes darted to Bage as he approached. His voice was calm enough for her to not tense up, however, upon the mention of Gogeta’s death, her head lowered. Her loose hair cast a shadow over her face while she released a pained sigh. The grip she had on Panich’s coin tightened, yet, her face showed little to no expression. All she did was turn to her Master and Bernkastel, giving him a silent stare before her gaze showed sorrow.

Gee-Gee… I’m sorry…

“Oh,” Byakko quipped. “Looks like your sparring partner won’t be around for a while, Cuki. Well, he was problematic… Cruel fate, but I’m not surprised.”

Zenta squeezed Bernkastel closer to his body, fearing her reaction to the news, but when Lucifer began to talk to Cuki, his body instantly tensed. It looked as if he stopped moving, and to Bernkastel, his body was as hard as a stone. His breathing had slowed down, almost as if he wanted to hear everything that was going to be said by both parties. The way his tails twitched anxiously, and his fur rose on ends, only proved one thing; the beast was nervous.

“Oh? I’m sorry, I wasn’t apologizing to you, Lucifer.” Byakko snickered at Lucifer. “I am apologizing to the Breakers. You are no Breaker, and I couldn't care less what you think.”

Cuki stared directly at Lucifer, nearly matching his gaze with her own. Her eyes lacked sleep—a lot of sleep. They were deep, so deep one could get lost in them. In the short time Cuki has been gone from the group, she has undergone a harsh transformation, but how and why? As Cuki listened to Lucifer, she ignored his belittling to hear the question asked.

Have you gotten stronger?

Have I?
Cuki thought to herself. I lost my arm… but I continued to fight ‘til the very end. I had to. If I didn’t, someone would’ve died…

“I did get stronger.” Cuki replied. “I keep getting back up, even when I fall harder and more often than others, I refuse to stay down.”

“Don’t worry, I’ll accept your apology for imagining that I was speaking directly at you. I know it’s a little embarrassing, so I’ll spare you the humiliation.” Lucifer smirks. “That aside…”

The angel shook his head, his ice-cold eyes staring at Cuki. “No, no. I’m not talking about psychical strength; anyone can do that. I’m talking about your resolve. You know, the reason why you ran away? Here, a bit of a reminder of what you said to Bernkastel in that little note you left behind. I’ll skip to the most relevant parts.”

Lucifer cleared his throat and spoke. His voice changed, completely matching Cuki in every way, down to the tone and mannerisms. “I will return one day, and I will be a completely new person.” The angel paused, returning to his original voice. “Once again, I ask. Have you gotten stronger?”

“Typical… We cannot enjoy the Breaker’s victory without his type butting in and wanting to prove something.” Byakko shrugged.

Cuki felt Lucifer’s gaze on her, and her body got as cold as his eye. She did not know what to do in such a sharp gaze except try to match it. However, her eyes, after a while, looked down, almost as if not wanting to look Lucifer in the eyes.

“I…I have. I’m a new person, for sure. I have proven to myself that I grew…”

Zenta listened to Cuki’s words and remained silent. His mouth began to form a frown, as if knowing that Cuki went through something and refused to say. On top of that, the beast knew that Cuki was lying to Lucifer. His body grew rigid, knowing that Lucifer will be able to see right through the lie, yet he wondered how Cuki will react to Lucifer’s pestering and questioning.

Cuki… what is happening to you? I see the pain you are in; I hear the stress in your words… Your mind is… faltering. Why are you in such pain, and why are you refusing to say anything? Zenta inadvertently gripped Bernkastel’s arm tighter, almost digging his nails into her dress. Who... hurt you?

“I’ve grown a lot from the last time we met. I’ve proved it in this battle, physically and mentally. I know you like to dig under people’s skin, but you will find nothing interesting about me. I’m just… Cuki.”

May starts to work sits down and starts to fix the orbs that needed it. She thinks "I will let them be since like I did state I am a third party I will just fix these orbs and have them scout. this is the place doom castle or what left of it after our battle."

The maid starts to rub may's shoulders as may works.

“Lying is not your forte.”

Cuki looking away from his gaze was all the answer Lucifer needed. “Thought as much. You’re very much still the same delusional coward when you first left. It’s one thing to painfully watch you struggle throughout this battle, but the serve lack of confidence you’re radiating is very nauseating. You’re like Vegetto; a person that had their mind infested with insecurities that they retort to fables to any bring a sense of justification of their self-worth.”

Lowering his wings, Lucifer turned away. “My apologies for thinking you made some progression. You may leave now.” The angel paused, raising a finger. “Oh, why don’t you take Vegetto with you as compensation? He’s a runaway coward as well. I’m sure you’ll have lots of misadventures together.”

Berserk quietly gasped in disbelief with Bara at the announcement of Gogeta's death-- particularly the 'confession' that Vegetto himself did it. Although silent as she hovered, her shock grew in confusion from Lucifer calling him out on his bluff. She opted for silence since the tension in the air was beginning to rise. It was hard to tell if a fight would break out, especially when the news concerned a particular person the most.

Bernkastel hadn't uttered a word, pointedly staring down the Potara fusion. Instead of being wide with shock, grief, or even rage, her eyes narrowed ever so slightly. Others would deem it a look of disdain, but she knew instantly that was a lie. Bern pondered how she'd get the truth out of him before her attention was called to Zenta's body language. The Witch glanced up at him questioningly and followed his line of 'sight' towards Cuki and Lucifer. There were several details that she couldn't gain much context clues for, other than Zenta was clearly upset knowing that Lucifer aimed to make Cuki squirm under her facade.

This is hard to watch. I ought to say something, but what? she thought. Logically she had no need to oblige herself considering the issues that had come from helping Cuki. The sight of Byakko alone roused negativity but when she thought more specifically, the feeling towards Cuki was almost muted completely. And perhaps that reduction of emotion allowed room for Bern feeling urged to help anyway.

"Perhaps it means nothing coming from me, but someone who managed to escape the Red King's capture alive and return to battle him is no coward. I know Gogeta would agree, since he didn't seem worried about you being on your own. But, please be more careful with how brave you wish to be..." Bernkastel pointed toward Cuki's stump-arm. "Those cracks on your body from before, were a sign you're on the edge of death. If our reputation wasn't what it is, it wouldn't be much issue but Lucifer guesses our time as Coins can go for thousands of years." The Witch's voice went soft stating this fact. "Listen carefully, Cuki. There is a woman, Brainstorm, named Valeria von Doom-- it seems like she aims to pick up where her father left off. We know nothing else about her. And then there's the creature that the Red King made contact with... I don't know what your plans have been, but it's for your safety to keep these things in mind." The Witch concluded solemnly. "We've barely been managing even with the Agency's aid."

I don't know if it would be a good idea for Cuki to be with us again... there's still too much to worry about with Spina right now. Even if I could protect her better... Bern chewed her lip anxiously, The game shouldn't get anyone needlessly involved.

Last edited:
“Lying isn’t her strong point, but I agree with Bernkastel; Cuki is not a coward in the slightest.” Byakko scoffed at Lucifer. “So, for you to compare her to the worm that wanted to end his life, is disgraceful. Don’t listen to him, Cuki. Little Lucifer is trying to pick up water with chopsticks.”

Cuki, however, was silent as she listened to Lucifer’s words. She knew she grew in her own way, and she was not a coward. Still, something was bothering her, and she could not explain it.

I will return one day, and I will be a completely new person!

Her own words echoed through her head, and as her gaze lowered to the white fist balling over Panich’s coin.

“I agree with Miss Bernkastel!” Avalon butted in. “Cuki risked her life to fight with us and stop the King! She managed to fend off the Xy’phers while she and Panich were captured, so she’s anythin’ but weak! Besides, where were you this whole time? You were back there in the sidelines, watching from a distance and refusin’ to help!”

As Bernkastel said her advice, Cuki eyed the cracks on her arm. For the most part, those cracks have always been there ever since the Doom fight, but it made her think. Was she constantly on the line of life and death based on the information Bernkastel gave her?

They met Brainstorm, huh? Well, if she wants to continue Doom’s legacy, that isn’t good… Cuki paused before tilting her head at the mysterious creature Bernkastel spoke about. Was it the illusion she saw earlier in the fight? Is that what the King saw? Where did he spot that? Still… that monster gave me the creeps and it wasn’t even real…

Cuki’s mind raced back to Lucifer’s words and her eyes slowly lifted to gaze right at the fallen angel. As she focused on him, all she could think of was proving him wrong. Even as Bernkastel and Avalon stood by her side, her body felt empty.

“If you want me to leave, then I will, Lucifer.” Cuki said, turning her back to the Breakers. “Not because you told me to, but because of what is happening around me…” The youngster frowned slightly, not wanting to leave the Breakers again. “I just don’t want you guys to get hurt because of me…”

“What do you mean?” Avalon asked. “How are you gonna hurt us?”

“I can’t explain it, but people end up getting hurt when they are near me…” Cuki took a step away from the Breakers, clutching the Panich coin as tight as she could. “I just can’t stay…”

“Cuki.” Zenta spoke up sternly. “What are you hiding?”

“…”

“What is hurting you, Cuki…? Please, tell me…”

“I… I can’t…”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom