The Reality Vortex: Doom Saga

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cross says "Correct me if I off Voice, This vertex moon work under the same principles as the reality vertex."

Bernkastel bent down to pick up the coins on the ground, dusting the dirt off of them before she handed the Zenta coin to Spina for safekeeping in Cuki's stead. Silently, with an emotionless look back on her features, she walked over to place the Bara coin in Brachi's palm. Gently she folded Brachi's fingers over the coin.

"You will have to take what you can get." She stated in a flat tone, sounding unsurprised at this outcome since it more or less proved her initial statement about returning to home universes as being impossible. But she was undeniably sore about the Voice's overall cavalier attitude about dangling the possibility over their heads and taking it back right after. "We should have just snatched that little nail for ourselves when we had the chance after giving him that orb..." she hissed under her breath. However her back straightened up to speak up.

"Detestable really, but if you're thinking about putting up a fight, you should rethink that strategy for now." Bern emphasized, a simple warning as she passed behind Vegetto. "We will just have to play along with this new world's rules."

Floating momentarily, she whispered into Vegetto's ear with a hand between them covering her mouth. Her eyes were dead, the red pupils gone, but her mouth was contorted into a twisted smile.

"Do you believe it, Vegetto? He could restore entire universes on a whim, but couldn't give back more than two of our friends as a 'reward'. Are gods like this always so useless in the end, no matter what?" Bernkastel whispered in sympathy with Vegetto, as she also was harboring the same level of frustrated rage for being given an ultimately false sense of hope. "Like Lambda and Kass, this place of tragedy... is also where our loyalty to miserly gods like him will die. Ufufufu... I think anarchy is a good option now. But that's our little secret~"

Pulling away, her sneer reverted to a flat line, patting his shoulder twice. "There there, no need to be so upset, friend." It was her wordless warning not to indicate anything about what she had just told him. "Maybe in this new world, we can eat and drink ourselves into a thousand year old coma to cope. I will... just look at my travesty of a haircut."

Brachi remained silent as she looked at Bernkastel putting the coin with Bara on it in her hand, before looking at the coin, a solemn expression on her face... there was even a tear rolling down her right eye... why... why did this all have to happen? Why were she, Bara and Lady Gervene being sent here in the first place? She didn't understand what even caused her to end up here at all, and this sudden news was definitely putting her into a conflict by itself. Why was she spared, Bara being close to being revived, but Gervene still gone? What was happening with her other friends? Why did Voice only bring Zenta and Bara back, but not any of the others? 

Brachi wanted to scream, she wanted to yell, she wanted to do anything to just get that frustration she was feeling out of her system, she needed to vent, let off the proverbial steam... she couldn't even think straight at this point, as memories flooded through her mind, for the moment remaining silent as she gazed upon the coin, another tear streaming past her eye.

"If this is some kind of sick game, then so be it," she muttered, closing her royal blue eyes for the moment, before opening them again, determination flaring within them, "but I'll be the one to end it... and I will get every single one of you back, if it's the last thing I'd ever do."

It should be noted that Brachi was still in her Super Saiyan Blue Evolved form, not even bothering to power down for now... this can be seen in two ways... either Brachi still needed to calm down from her recent battle against Doom and done her part to avenge her fallen friends, or she could be letting her body trying to adapt to this form, so in the long run it would consume lesss energy for her and allowing her to tap even further in its power when it was needed... Her expression softened up when she looked back at the coin... feeling as if Bara was calling out to her, staring at her with her puppy-dog eyes, wanting to know if she was okay... how would Bara take the news of Gervene being gone? Or the news of not being able to return to the others for now? And what of Jize? And Vocat? Would Bara get so upset she'd unwittingly undergo Purification and become another dangerous Majin with similarities to Kid Buu? Or would Brachi be able to at least reach out to her so the two could put their focus in working with everyone else with them to set things right so they could still get what they wanted in the end, by beating the whole system in ways that none of them could ever foresee? Such questions were currently raging through Brachi's mind, but her purpose and determination were clear... she was NOT going to take this lying down, and come hell or high water, she would rise up on top, and show everyone whom had dared to cross her that they picked on the wrong fusion, proving that the strength of a Saiyan, the cunning of a Human and the nigh-infinite stamina of an Android were her most lethal weapons, elevating her to being a person of mass destruction on her enemies!

Spina narrowed his eyes. “I even gave you the benefit of doubt, but you were just using us the whole time!?” His body was shaking in anger, attempted to do something drastic, but Bernkastel’s stern warning knocked some senses into his head. After the battle against Doom, they were in no condition to fight against the voice—perhaps, not even at their fullest potential, they could even harm him. His ears twitched after Vegetto shouted out that all their deceased friends met truly little in comparison of his wife in terms of revival.

The old Saiyan understand Vegetto’s frustration, but after all that, at the worst possible timing, his words stung. Spina grinned his teeth together in anger, especially hearing that Raune had an idea to completely fix this—but what idea can reverse this possible situation? Spina’s mind wander because this journey was a long, harsh one but in the end, they all banded together for something like this. He looked at Vegetto again. “Hey… I understand what you’re saying, but you need to cool it before you say something you won’t take back.” He look at the palm of his hand of Zenta’s coin and closed it to prevent Byakko from grabbing it.

The voice nodded his head back and forth in disapproval at Brachi’s question. “Getting them back? They’re gone, fusion. Gone like a wind. The four arms was hyping up her boss, right earlier. Think of like that—their existence met their ends and that’s it. I know listening isn’t such a strong suit for some of you, but quick me some slack and don’t get an attitude with me. I just randomly selected based on who I remembered first, and the other, well, this harpy was screaming her mouth off about her friends, so I picked the bubblegum.”

Voice turned his attention to Cross, looking down on the death mage. “Yes… you can consider this my first original creation since the birth of Reality Vortex. I was born in the mythical fire and death of three energies colliding,” He answered his question. “The moon has the same properties, but it’ll eventually be complete overtime, but none of you will ever be able to use it… at least not right now.”

The voice twirls his fingers, outright shaping the cosmos around him with the surge of dark energy flowing outward from his machine body. “I don’t know why some of you are surprise—just because I gained a little respect for you, Breakers, won’t change my position. As I said before, you’re just lucky I didn’t just outright erase you all, bring none of your friends, or reverse the damage he had done. But the more battles I saw, and the fact Doom managed to bring tons of new people into my domain… how could I passed this chance?”

Voice moved around the small rock that contained the Breakers, specifically at Raune. He reached over, grabbing him by the collar. “Are you saying to reverse this? I won’t let you do that, speedster.” He turned to the rest of the Breakers. “This is the world beaming with life—something far more than the original Reality Vortex, where I had to wait for the off chance of some people being erased from existence… but when Doom build that machine, he was bringing in people left and right.” Voice paused for a moment. “Although there were tons that were sent to their worlds as well. Then you lot came along… someone desperate enough to listen to my calls, listen to my pleas and dumb enough to get your hopes up.” Voice smiled. “Do you know how long, how many eons, I waited just to get back to my machine body, ever since those fools took me out of it?” The voice seemingly reference that the body he’s taking now is technically not his original one. “But at the end, your hopes gave me hope, so I thank you for that. That’s why I won’t be perishing you… and gave you a mercy revival. And hey! This new Reality Vortex will have new rules, new concepts and interesting dynamics into play… so you won’t be totally bored out of your mind when you visit there. I’m sure Whis is somewhere, probably still in the coin state… but depending how long, he might already respawn somewhere.”

Spina narrowed his eyes, seeing him wiggling Raune back and forth. “What are you going to do with him!?”

“Hm? Nothing. He was going to do something, and I can’t have Todasúl coming down in event of a time-manipulation to such a scale.” Voice answered. “And I will lose my populate domain… and that’ll make me sad. Please don’t interfere or do something drastic, or you’ll end up like this….” The voice squished Raune, turning him into a coin. Voice turned his eyes towards Byakko, staring him down. “You were quite blooming with confidence, Male Cuki, but I would turn you once like I did with the speedster.”

The voice twirl his fingers again, reverting the coin back to Raune as a whole. He overheard Brachi muttered something under her breath and instantly went close. “Eh!? Can’t hear you! Are you saying that this isn’t enough! Sorry, but that’s the way it goes! Don’t be so selfish and be glad you got something out of it. Nothing will ever go your way, honey, but feel free to do something about it, because I always have my-“ Voice’s tone suddenly went grim. “EYE ON YOU.” Voice’s tone returning to normal, he went back to his normal position.

“Now, any questions? Thoughts? Fights? … Confession of love, perhaps?”

Cross says more surprised "I gest I was off by 100 years for the end of the last entirety but its not like I did not make my preparations." 

Cross asks "Way not just let the speedster the mortals that would orbited? A simple geas on him and some spells/stand in shoed let him save or give them a chance to be saved now. If the first suggestion is not good than sense like you stated they are truly dead I can clone them."

"I understand my fate but that will not deter me from what keeps me entertained," Byakko said as he placed his smoking pipe to his lips, inhaling the minty blue smoke. "Besides, the way you see these Breakers is the same as I do. Perhaps not as useless but equally as cynical."

Byakko exhaled the smoke from his nose and mouth.

"As for any questions and remarks, will these coins ever return back to their original state? And if so, how long would it take? I rather not let a preachy and zen-loving mutt like Zenta come back. He's quite the influence on my little Cuki. Also... can these little coins be destroyed? I'm just... curious."

Vegetto had only turned his eyes down throughout Bernkastel's hushed words. The frustration and callous rage he demonstrated earlier began to smolder, his head lowering a bit. He glanced down at his gloved hands, raising them up a bit.

She's gone...but I always..get back up. No matter what it is...it hurts me...I struggle...but I always...get back up.

He grimaced a bit, his eyebrows twitching in the forced determination in trying to balls his hands into fists. His fingers twitched heavily, slowly curling in but far from fully clenching.

Losing...getting hurt...her...its all the same. Just get...back...up...

Vegetto's lips quivered in his frown, his hands trembling violently in attempting to curl his fists. The trembling abruptly stopped, however, as Vegetto exhaled lightly. In failing to simply clench his fists together, Vegetto let his arms sag down to his sides, a low sniffle escaping from his nose while tears dropped off the side of his face.

No...she deserved better than this. Better...than me.

Vegetto slowly turned his head towards the edge, looking past the small bit of land lift to stare down at the shining bright world below. His dual voice came out meager and weak, uncharacteristically off from the usual hot tempered, cocky fusion from before.

"No more."

He shifted his legs forward a bit towards the edge, and while slowly shutting his eyes, Vegetto forced himself to fall forward at the hip in an attempt to simply fall down to the world below.

Voice stared down at Cross’ questions regarding the state of the others. Without any formal hesitation, his eyes narrowed slightly. “No.” A strong, firm response to Cross, the first time he addressed the Death mage in that kind of tone. “You don’t get it? Did Doctor Doom did something that scrambled all your brains or something?” He placed his hand under the floating rock, grabbing it to pull it closer to him, unaware of Vegetto’s attempted fall. “They were erased something far beyond your strength; neither you nor Raune can ever hope to reverse this. Your friends, your family, your loved ones—all of them perish. “You keep clinging onto some hope that they can be brought back—cease such attitudes. Your magic will do nothing. Time-Travel won’t do anything. Once they are erased by the essence of dark-energy, MY ENERGY, their existence is gone—no trace, no data, no cloning.” Voice rubbed his chin. “Worry about that army of yours? Some of them were erased by Doctor Doom, so they won’t come back, but the handful that survived… they’re probably holed up in the new world.”

Spina stared at the Zenta coin once more, his eyes shifted towards Byakko’s comment and curiosity on the object. “You…” Spina’s voice was filled with malice. “I don’t know what the hell are you doing, but you have a lot of god damn nerve to come in here. Bring back Cuki out here, or—” At the corner of Spina’s eye, he saw Vegetto stepping forward towards the edge. There were no words, but it wasn’t necessary. Based on how he moved his body, the hot-headed demeanor Vegetto carried himself was seemingly lost. Despite being angry at Byakko, he shifted his body around, using all of his strength left in his body to grab Vegetto by the collar on the back of his shirt. Spina forced the fusion around, face-to-face. “Vegetto, what the hell are you think—” Before the old Saiyan can scolded him for his irrational decision to jump off—he saw the dead, soulless eyes on Vegetto. The look of the man who’d completely lost his will.

“Vegetto…” Spina’s eyes began to tear up—he didn’t know how nor what to say in this situation. This was the first time he felt something good towards others. Even though Vegetto made that comment earlier, Spina wanted to say something. Anything. “Vegetto, pull yourself together. You can’t just give up!” His grip on Vegetto’s shoulder was weak since his arm was not in any suitable condition.

Voice narrowed his eyes at Vegetto seemingly letting go. “Before I take my leave, I might as well entertain you with this information. The coins, Vortex Coins, are indestructible, and of course, they will respawn later on. How long? Who knows?” Voice smiled menacingly. “But don’t be alarm, Breakers. There is one more award I am willingly to give.” He slowly lifted his finger towards the new world. “As I said before, the barren wasteland with few folks is now overpopulate. And I can see that things is going to get pretty messy here. So, I’m gifting you, whether you like it or not, to clean up the mess down there and straighten things out. I’m sure you can handle that.” Voice slowly cocked his hand while holding the rock with the Breakers behind. “Once you clean up the mess, you *could* find me in Vortex Moon. Later, Breakers. Thanks for the fun ride and getting my body back. Good luck!” The voice tossed the rock with all his strength, flying towards the new world in rapid speed, moving faster than the speed of light.

During the fall, they were smashing through different walls as it began to manifest itself—the Reality Vortex they know is no longer there, but rather improved. It was still a world unfounded by strangeness and confusion—as they grow closer, they seen cities literally coming to life, building as high as the sky.

Despite the high speeds, all the Breakers won’t feel much different, but rather seeing a stream of vivid colors and imagery in their downfall travels. Spina stared into Vegetto, trying to get him to speak. “Vegetto, I know what you are feeling, but you cannot let that weigh down your heart.” He turned to Bernkastel. “Bernkastel, say something!”

Cross sends to the voice "The game was fun and more my forces survived the old vertex than even you expected. "  Some how most of Cross' forces did survive and are in this new world.

Cross says to the busters "for some meta reason the best I can say is that one needs to find there own happiness."

Brachi sighed, still frustrated and saddened by the loss of Gervene, knowing that this would also have killed Jize, Shin and rendered Vocat inactive....

"So we have to oversee this place? Well, I've had some experience with that, considering I have the blood of Saiyan Royalty running through my veins... I shall judge them fairly, yet still work on my own training... and the sooner Bara is back with me at least, the better." She said.

Brachi then went into deep thought, her thoughts to herself and herself alone.

"So you think you can just outright put this onto us, Voice? You'll be surprised with how we'll progress... and we'll make you wish you would not have messed with us the way you have done so far... I don't believe in no-win scenarios... so we have to find a way to beat the system. As an old adage goes, 'where there is a will, there is a way'... and I believe that there is always a path to victory, no matter the odds." She said, waiting with powering down until they would have reached the surface of whatever the world they're headed to was.

Vegetto kept his chin mostly down, his dull eyes still staring at the floor. His dual voice held a small, rigid tone of firmness to it; almost a memory of his typical strong demeanor. Yet it was still meager in delivery, his arms at his sides dangling while the lights and wind blasted all around him.

“Why? I’ve only treated you all with contempt in these fights.”

He barely paused for a moment, his tears having mostly stopped flowing but still hung on his cheeks.

“There’s nothing left for me here.”

"Poor Cuki... seems her naivete got the best of her too. Then again, it isn't like we are in any better of a position..." Bernkastel had taken to leaning against a rock, her eyes closed as she pondered to herself. "Must we continue handing our dice of agency to careless compulsive gamblers, I wonder?"

She opened them again in response to Spina's outcries, turning her head with her usual mask of cold emotionlessness.

"What words of comfort do you expect me to offer?" She asked in a gentle but dead tone; whatever emotions she'd expressed had been stuffed back down into the deepest crevice, thebonly way she knew how.

"For hundreds of years, I traveled from one world to the next in search of a happy end. But there was only strife and hatred that possessed my friends in those worlds which drove them to madness. Over and over, I watched each of us die in the span of weeks, despite the sweet morsels of happiness I had with them at the start of each time loop. It was an awful hell." Bernkastel said, gripping onto her arms tighter as she spoke. "Lambdadelta understood that hell, but she was responsible for my searching endlessly... for a miracle to free me. In the end, we only had each other but we were not the same as you and Kassava. Just so we'd never become bored to remember, we constantly separated in search of something fun to cure our apathy before crossing paths again inevitably. The truth is, I just wanted the ultimate her and ultimate me to love and kill each other." She started to laugh with a pained smile. "I loved her so much that I'd even poke out her eyeballs so that they could only look at me, all eternity. Fufufu..."

Bern's smile faded as she walked closer to the two, a look of detached disinterest in its place, uncaring of the fact they were crashing down. "But Lambda is gone now, so she too will only live in my memory. However, I have no more interest playing 'hero' for this new world. Nor am I interested in becoming an indentured servant once more--" she hissed, lip curling up with hatred. "There never WAS anything for you in this world because such things simply don't fall from the sky without a cost. In order to cure our apathy, Witches toy with other worlds as it suits us, and this new world is simply a game board that has all other games awaiting me to play and destroy as I see fit... not even killing Doom a thousand times will cure your pain. But..."

Bernkastel held her hands out towards Spina and Vegetto, smiling gently at them.

"You can choose to be the Voice's lapdogs for all eternity until he decides to toss you, or we can work together for a world with nobody to rule over you but yourself. We don't need a world of eternal pain... nor do we need worthless gods to dictate how we live. In this new world, nothing from the old one matters, so you can begin a new life with all of us as your company. Only we can understand your suffering. The Vegetto of the old world is dead; the new, stronger you can rise from the ashes. The choice is yours, Vegetto. You have all eternity to think about it of course..."

Cross says to Vegetto "all us have some thick skin and in my case that is strictly fugitive." 

Cross looks at Bernkastel and says "I going say this one shooed treat the voice like a natural disaster, the best one can do is build a bunker and/or shelter for the worst of it and hope it holds."

Brachi sat down, looking solemnly at the Bara coin, another tear falling from her eyes, ignoring whatever was happening around her in terms of their current route.

"I hope you're happy with yourself, Doom, rendering my universe without the gods needed to uphold its balance... poor Jize... I'll miss her, Lady Gervene and Vocat too." She said, now silently crying, clearly devastated by the realization that the four-armed Goddess of Destruction wouldn't be coming back... how was she going to break this to Bara? How would the Majin even react to this? And what about the others? Would they even be able to find a way to her home universe? Would they ever see their remaining friends again? What would even become of her universe now that the gods are gone? Was her universe actually erased in the first place? Brachi sobbed as tears fell on the Bara coin, before she held it close to her, fresh tears falling from her eyes once more, as anger, frustration, but above all sadness overcame her... Anger at being played like a fiddle like this, frustration at being unable to do anything to prevent Gervene's demise or any of the others for that matter, and also sadness at realizing that she had permanently lost people dear to her... one thing was certain; she wasn't going to take this lying down.

(I deleted my old post to make a new one better addressing the edit Shine made as well as the posts of everyone else.)

Byakko smirked wildly when Spina demanded to get Cuki back but he did not budge in his cocky demeanor. He silently watched as the Breakers helped Vegetto in his attempt to end his life. The words they said to the fused warrior intrigued Byakko about how the mortals comforted each other in times of need. Regardless, he took a step back and sat on the little mist that surrounded him. He watched from above, falling at blazing speeds with the rest of the Breakers. His hair whipped wildly as he gazed at the new cities form and rubble rush past them. Finally, he spoke towards the group comforting Vegetto.

"It looks as if little Vegetto made up his mind and given up, accepting the faults and qualms with his ways. I suppose he's right," Byakko said as he watched everything whiz past them at light speed. "After his last declaration, I can only assume that you all mean nothing to him in comparison to his wife. Why argue against it? After everything I have seen and all the fights you Breakers have been through, he easily tossed that to the side for his own selfish desires. As long as it benefits him, it didn't matter what you guys thought. He even admits to it."

Despite Byakko's harsh words, he spoke with no malice or his usual sadism behind his voice.

"I say let him fall. Why help him if all he does is use you then push you away? He was never as strong as he thought he was and he's not as fun as I imagined him to be. Perhaps he lied to you in order to appear important, or maybe, he simply lied to himself. Either way, for a man of his caliber, he broke quite easily."

Byakko never took his gaze away from the flashing lights and continued to smoke from his pipe. He laid his body back against the mist, basking at how the area changed around them. From there, he distanced himself slightly from the group, no doubt ignoring anything they'll say in their defense. He drowned himself in his smoke as his appearance was hidden entirely from view.

Maybe they aren't as boring as I thought... If they are as tenacious in their beliefs as they are fickle, then perhaps I can have more fun than I initially thought. I think my little Cuki can wait a while...

As the rock descended, the bright colors and lights that flickered around hid his actions, albeit for a moment. From the cloud of smoke and mist fell Cuki almost entirely unharmed. She landed on the floor with a thud and appeared untouched from the whole ordeal. She gasped for breath and coughed out the smoke she was surrounded in. There was only one small difference and it appeared in her eyes which developed to resemble cat eyes.

"W-What happened?"

Throughout Byakko's comments, Vegetto stood only with the same, solemn and defeated look. His appearance mostly remained unfazed throughout the harsh analysis, and despite the cutting words, his empty stare avoided even looking up to Byakko in heavy contrast to the typical rage he normally would've enacted against the criticism.

Vegetto's head only turned down slightly, both the speech from Bernkastel, Cross and from Byakko failing to rouse even any separate emotions. He quivered again, unable to move past the glaring issue, stuck on it as he spoke.

"You're wrong. It's just a pile of ash."

Bernkastel listened to Cross and Byakko chime in their own ideas on the matter, though she seemed to nod in agreement more with Cross.

"It's a real pity, really. But I'm certain he'll come around soon enough..." she withdrew the hand she held out towards Vegetto. "It's their first time processing something like this, so they will need some time to think over the idea. We'll simply have to be patient..." she said, referring to the three in grief around them.

His resolve is too weak to go on, that much is true. But by doing that, Doom might have created the greatest bully of them all. It's easy, you just need to torment them horribly for a little bit. Bernkastel smiled in the thought. All you need to do is suddenly stop and present them with an opportunity of power. Just dangle it slightly above the depth of hell they've fallen into and it will be enough.

"Will your choice be disappointing too, Spina? It's just the six of us left standing with a couple coins in our hands. Do you intend to change things this time around, or will you go back to your old life as a thug skulking around for the next scrap of violence to entertain you?" Bernkastel kept her palm out towards him, looking over her shoulder at Cuki and smiling before turning back to him. "What kind of world would you want for innocent souls that end up here? Would you watch them fall into the preying hands of a selfish god over and over, or would you guide them towards a life far more liberating than that? Think carefully now."

Clocking going down minute by minute yet felt like an eternity as they fell downward from the supposed heavens above. Spina stared at Bernkastel’s hand after she pressed on with a question. Byakko’s taunt enraged him, but he couldn’t usher a word in since he walked off, but Cross’ sentiment was correct. He never felt this feeling before—the compassion for others. Initially, he wanted to give in too—if Vegetto couldn’t stand it, how can he? 

Before Spina made his statement, he witnessed Cuki appearing, causing his eyes to widen. Seeing her again, he turned back to Bernkastel hand. “Bernkastel, I don’t break that easily. My body may be ruin, but my spirit never dies.” He grabbed her hand. “I didn’t trust that Voice for a second… I, no, we won’t let another person get sucked into this… ever.” His eyes became sharp as he stared into Bernkastel's eyes. 

The rock rushed towards its trajectory, Cuki’s Apartment, intending to hit with all its might.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom